Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 17th January 2010, 14:19   #6601  |  Link
doffot

was my fault for not reading what you said and I worked
ffshow 3133 and reinstall Rebuilder 31.6
perfect reencode

thanks " jdobbs "
doffot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2010, 14:32   #6602  |  Link
Shuttle99

I had 3175 and it worked fine with it but I went back to 3133 and it is now working I have VC1 set with libvcodec and it works fine with it but I don't play these on the computer but they do play on the computer. Not sure what or why it works with libvcodec but it does.. Problem is fixed not sure what or why te problem happened but no problem here everything is working fine.
Shuttle99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2010, 15:55   #6603  |  Link
glood1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoniG View Post
glood1 : What you really need to care about is to install FFDShow X86/32bit revision 3133 on the first page of this thread! After you go to : Start/Programs/ffdshow/Video decoder configuration, in 'codecs' you set VC-1 format to wm9 and you do verify it's your x86 ffdshow revision 3133 settings box on 'About'.

jdobbs : Ok, thanks to give me regardless an answer. Telling it come from the player, you possibly right, even if i tested and had the issue on TMT3 and PowerDVD, knowing TMT3 issue is much more significantly. And I have the same issue with 2 different PC, a server and an HTPC. One on Win7 x64, the other on x86. Well in fact I am testing different x264 flags to see if it resolves it a bit. Why I think it's important is because more and more HTPC users, like me, will use offline/dematerialized way to backup and use there BD collection. Why? Because it's more handy, remove the burning related issues, allow to use the power and confort of Media Center and allow in one way to have all our collection, from any kind, not only movies, in one place with a high storage capacity with also a high level of security thanks to the now affordable RAID5 technology. And that is the power of your software, allow to backup our BD with all the features in it, not only the movie, and most of all, to shrink it cleverly to preserve our precious hard drives MBytes. So I think playing flawlessly these kind of BD on TMT or other software players is important and should be more and more used in the future. As you could read it, It seems I'm not the only one to have this issue, I don't know how you test it and how it works for you, but if the original have no issue, why reencoding it cause an issue? That's the question! If you can't, don't have time or don't bother about that, no problem, I will continue to find a solution and will share it here to people who have the same one. But 2 other things I reported you, that are more enhancements and not disturbing things, about 1- the possibility to recognize and manage secondary DTS Express audio tracks with BDClown that use TSMuxer like you and eac3to, and 2- this strange artefact about the deinterlaced footages and the fact that they seem to receive the --interlaced flag during encoding that I think is not good and are still recognized as MBAFF in output instead of Progressive. Please, refer to my previous posts that are more detailed. I would just like to hear you about that, but if you don't want to, never mind as I can leave without these PiP bonuses and I think I prefere keep interlaced bonus footages anyway, but well, if it's a bug, it will be useful for everyone! If you think it's too long or that's not the most important things to talk about here but you bother a bit, we can chat about these on PM or whatever! Thanks!
thank SONIG I installed FFDShow X86/32bit revision 3133 and
i have gone set VC-1 format to wm9 ffdshow
i m sure my version is 3133
there is still same mistake !!!
- [15:47:22] Reencoding: VID_00333 (1 of 51)
- Encode failed. Retrying.
- Reached retry limit. Aborting.

on my OS i don t have wm9 but WM12 on windows 7 64x
wath elese ?
glood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2010, 16:05   #6604  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by glood1 View Post
ok currently i restored my system,
there is no tweak, i have laset release FFDSHOW
i don't understand how works :

vc1 + windows7 x64 + ffdshow X64 + haali + last BD-RB ?

how set vc1 in ffdshow for the BD-RB
i retried diseable, microsoft and libvcodec in parameter vc1

thanks for your help
Don't use FFDSHOW X64. I have not tested it and cannot confirm it will work. Use the versions of software I have posted in the beginning of this thread. If you decide you know more than me and you want to use other versions of HAALI, AVIYSNTH, X264, and FFDSHOW -- great -- but you are completely on your own. Don't come back here posting about "latest versions"... I don't know how many times I have to say that, but its really starting to get annoying now.

Correcting self-inflicted injuries is not the purpose of this thread.

Last edited by jdobbs; 17th January 2010 at 16:13.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2010, 16:10   #6605  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoniG
Why I think it's important is because more and more HTPC users, like me, will use offline/dematerialized way to backup and use there BD collection.
If you want to use it for this -- then great. But you have to realize -- I'm not writing HTPC software here. I'm writing BD backup software that is meant to create a backup BD for playback on a standalone player. Other uses are fine -- but they are secondary and are NOT the primary purpose of the software. So the priority just isn't there for me.

As for the secondary audio tracks... I just can't keep adding other packages to BD-RB. It becomes exponentially more complicated and prone to error with every one you add -- and I end up spending more time debugging other people's software than I do my own. I'm already dependent upon AVISYNTH, HAALI, FFDSHOW, X264, and TSMUXER and you look you will see that about the last 20 pages of this thread are dedicated to simply trying to get people to use the ones that work....

Last edited by jdobbs; 17th January 2010 at 16:36.
Old 17th January 2010, 16:12   #6606  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuttle99 View Post
I had 3175 and it worked fine with it but I went back to 3133 and it is now working I have VC1 set with libvcodec and it works fine with it but I don't play these on the computer but they do play on the computer. Not sure what or why it works with libvcodec but it does.. Problem is fixed not sure what or why te problem happened but no problem here everything is working fine.
Be careful. I've had issues with VC-1 interlaced sources with libavcodec. That's why I've recommened wmv9.
Old 17th January 2010, 16:16   #6607  |  Link
glood1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Don't use FFDSHOW X64. I have not tested it and cannot confirm it will work. Use the versions of software I have posted in the beginning of this thread. If you decide you know more than me and you want to use other versions of HAALI, AVIYSNTH, X264, and FFDSHOW -- great -- but you are completely on your own. Don't come back here posting about "latest versions"... I don't know how many times I have to say that, but its really starting to get annoying now.
i dont use FFDSHOW X64 now

my versions
haali is 1.9.355.21
ffdshow x32 3133
windows x64 bits ultimate
avisysinth 2.58
Old 17th January 2010, 16:29   #6608  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by glood1 View Post
i dont use FFDSHOW X64 now

my versions
haali is 1.9.355.21
ffdshow x32 3133
windows x64 bits ultimate
avisysinth 2.58
You're killing me here.

Two of the three software packages you listed here are not what was posted in the first post of this thread.

Here was my last message to you before you posted this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs
AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! (picture me pulling my hair out)

Last edited by jdobbs; 17th January 2010 at 16:39.
Old 17th January 2010, 17:11   #6609  |  Link
SoniG

Lol glood1 you are in the good way! Now uninstall Haali and Avisynth and install those from the link of the first page of this thread! No problem if there are a x86 and a x64 version of ffdshow installed in the same machine, there is no conflict possible. a x86 player/decoder/encoder will always grab x86 codecs and not recognize anything else!

By the way jdobbs, I know you force some flags for BD compliancy purpose but is there a way to bypass them to know if these particular flags cause issue in some purposes. I would like for example not using 'slices' because it seems to cause artefacts when bad supported by some players. I have ugly big lines on the image. I would like to test some other flags to understand the multiple m2ts issue on TMT3 but they are restricted. PM me if you are agree to give it but don't want to share this with everyone. I know it's some kind of large debate. Making this application to shrink BD and keep the best BD/AVCHD compliancy possible in the easiest way, or make it a more open BD shrinker for all kind of use, even future ones. But as I told you, there are also more and more users like me that use only HTPC to backup and read there BD and would certainly want to surpass or bypass BD compliancy for even better image quality or just to solve some compatibility issues. As x264 was not first developped to be strictly BD compliant. I think maybe users of your software could have really the choice to stay in the BD rules or to go through it if they have another use. But it's a point of view, and it is in the respect of what YOU think, what YOU want for your software and what you want it to become! In fact, in absolute terms, I really respect your choice to maintain a strict BD compliancy, and I would prefere to not have to deal with all these dark command tweaks, PC players should be more BD compatible after all!
SoniG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2010, 17:29   #6610  |  Link
Willobee

enough

I usually read and remain silent but a few words if I may.
First I am having great success with BD-RB. It works fantastic thanks to jdobbs and everyone that has contributed to this thread.

@glood1
Use the programs that are on the first post of this thread;
BD-RB v0.31.06
FFDShow 3133
Hali splitter 1.9.42.1
AVISynth 2.57

and try these FFDShow settings
h.264/avc=libavcodec
mpeg2=libavcodec
vc-1=disabled (with wmp11 installed) WM9 (for windows 7)

Do not use versions of these programs or x.264 from any other links or web sites. Do not install any other codecs on the pc that is running BD-RB. If you do BD-RB may not work. Remember this is a beta test and for that you must create a beta test environment on you computer. Also you must follow jdobbs instructions to the letter and post sensible bug reports in order to help him perfect this program.

@soniG
Listen to jdobbs. BD-RB is for backing up your BD collection. I also use an HTPC and TMT3 on my home theater system. I rip the originals (not the backups) using ANY DVD HD to the HTPC hard drive and play them using TMT3 and it works great. If you do not have enough hard drive space buy another hard drive or simply delete some rips. Compression of the original source does not make sense on an HTPC when hard drives are so cheap.

When using tools for their intended purpose they work. When tools are used in any other manner they may not work. You could even injure yourself.

Now let us go back to reading this thread (I know it's large and for that it has many answers) and post only bug reports and let jdobbs get back to developing this fantastic program.
Willobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2010, 20:03   #6611  |  Link
glood1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
You're killing me here.

Two of the three software packages you listed here are not what was posted in the first post of this thread.

Here was my last message to you before you posted this:

AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! (picture me pulling my hair out)
well done it's working lol
thanks you for your help
Old 17th January 2010, 20:04   #6612  |  Link
glood1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willobee View Post
I usually read and remain silent but a few words if I may.
First I am having great success with BD-RB. It works fantastic thanks to jdobbs and everyone that has contributed to this thread.

@glood1
Use the programs that are on the first post of this thread;
BD-RB v0.31.06
FFDShow 3133
Hali splitter 1.9.42.1
AVISynth 2.57

and try these FFDShow settings
h.264/avc=libavcodec
mpeg2=libavcodec
vc-1=disabled (with wmp11 installed) WM9 (for windows 7)

Do not use versions of these programs or x.264 from any other links or web sites. Do not install any other codecs on the pc that is running BD-RB. If you do BD-RB may not work. Remember this is a beta test and for that you must create a beta test environment on you computer. Also you must follow jdobbs instructions to the letter and post sensible bug reports in order to help him perfect this program.

@soniG
Listen to jdobbs. BD-RB is for backing up your BD collection. I also use an HTPC and TMT3 on my home theater system. I rip the originals (not the backups) using ANY DVD HD to the HTPC hard drive and play them using TMT3 and it works great. If you do not have enough hard drive space buy another hard drive or simply delete some rips. Compression of the original source does not make sense on an HTPC when hard drives are so cheap.

When using tools for their intended purpose they work. When tools are used in any other manner they may not work. You could even injure yourself.

Now let us go back to reading this thread (I know it's large and for that it has many answers) and post only bug reports and let jdobbs get back to developing this fantastic program.
thanks a lot for yours help
it s working now
you are a great man
sorry for my english i m french boy
Old 17th January 2010, 20:23   #6613  |  Link
SoniG

glood1 : At last you did it! Felicitation!

Willobee : in fact I absolutely agree with you and maybe I didn't say it enough but jdobbs software is very useful and DO work perfectly in all occasion. I even have no issue to use it with TMT3, but did you well read I mentionned I have only issue with 'multiple m2ts main movie' BD that for me, have a slight freeze of the image during the movie m2ts transitions. Do you have a 'multi movie version' BD with this kind of structure, you shrinked/reencoded with BD-RB and was able to read flawlessly on TMT3? If you do, it interests me. Apart from this, I backup original BD like you, using ANYDVD. Most of time I even don't touch them, I copy directly the folders on my hard drive. But let's talk about hard drives that are cheap. In fact you right, but BD size is really substantial, and I have a very huge multi medias collection I try today to backup and make become available to one place, one server. About your advice to buy some HD, I have 8x1TB in a RAID5 volume, and it really costs me enough and don't want to put more than 10 hard drives on my server. And you know how many BD you can put on a 6.4TB volume? About 130! That's fair, but is it really a lot? Not really in fact, so I heard you about using BD-RB to just shrink, without reencoding some BD, but now I chose to keep intact BD I DO and WILL love, and use jdobbs fantastic software for BD I less or will less care about but do want to archive, in shrinking and reencoding them, allowing me to save a precious space. Because as well as this collection project, I'm a cinematographer and I don't have only retail movies to store, and space leave very fast, even with a 6.4TB volume! But each one has his own use, and mine is certainly exceptionnal. Finally, I'm even not required to do all this, but since I began to appreciate using a server, discovered Media Center, discovered BD-RB, I love it and can't do without it anymore! Now I stop telling my life and flooding this thread! I will just finish saying jdobbs software is the only one I know that allow to shrink/reencode a full BD, keeping the menus, the bonus and even multi-m2ts movies in a one click way, and I really appreciate and thank him for that!

Last edited by SoniG; 17th January 2010 at 23:14.
Old 17th January 2010, 20:36   #6614  |  Link
graffight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsbackup View Post
Backup finished successfully, 22.6GB for final size. However, the main feature is only 6.01GB, and with a DTS HD Master audio of 3.10GB, and two other audio tracks within this same .m2ts that equal 513MB, 14 subtitle tracks that are 220MB, it left less than 2.4GB for the video.
Needless to say, video quality is not good.
So all of the original discs extras equal 14.2GB.
All BD-RB's extras equal 16.6GB.
Proportional reduction of extras were lost on this disc.
This could be a good title for you to check out personally.
I am unaware of what else I can do to make this backup deliver more bitrate to the main feature and reduce the extras to allow this.

i agree with this i have just downsized District uk release onto a Bd25 without any problems at all, but the quality of the main feature is terrible its the worst i've seen since using bd rebuilder didn't think the extras would take so much space up because the overall size of the disc is only 36gb
graffight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2010, 03:25   #6615  |  Link
Willobee

Quote:
but did you well read I mentionned I have only issue with 'multiple m2ts main movie' BD that for me, have a slight freeze of the image during the movie m2ts transitions. Do you have a 'multi movie version' BD with this kind of structure, you shrinked/reencoded with BD-RB and was able to read flawlessly on TMT3? If you do, it interests me

If I understand you correctly you a referring to BD's that use multiple M2TS streams rather the one M2TS stream for playback of the movie. When playing the backup from BD-RB using TMT3 the screen freezes momentarily during play back when switching between M2TS streams.

One BD that I have done with BD-RB is Angels and Demons. This movie contains several M2TS files. There is a theatrical version and a extended version that use various M2TS files depending on which version you choose to play. I will rip the backup to my HTPC and play it back with TMT3 and let you know the results.

Last edited by Willobee; 18th January 2010 at 03:28.
Old 18th January 2010, 04:09   #6616  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by graffight View Post
i agree with this i have just downsized District uk release onto a Bd25 without any problems at all, but the quality of the main feature is terrible its the worst i've seen since using bd rebuilder didn't think the extras would take so much space up because the overall size of the disc is only 36gb
I did make a very good backup of District 9, Region A, to BD-25, but make sure you remove all folders within the rip except CERTIFICATE and BDMV. There is alot of extra content in those other folders that you dont need or want.
I also did not select Quick Encode for Extras, forcing BD-RB to do a 2 pass encode to all files, which will make for a more accurate final output file size. These two steps worked great for me and this movie.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2010, 04:21   #6617  |  Link
SoniG

Willobee : Ok fine, but the backup you made with BD-RB really had to be a shrinked+reencoded one. Shrink only by just removing some audio tracks and subtitles and output a full BD backup do works well, as long as you maintain the same video source. But as soon as you use BD-RB reencode ability to shrink+reduce your backup, the issue appears! And I really think it's a x264 encode issue, as with a shrink only, BD-RB do his job and it plays perfectly fine on TMT. So I am searching a x264 flag that would cause or resolve this but unfortunatly it don't seems to work at all, and as I have the same problem with PowerDVD, I have to find another workaround! I am thinking about a perfectly PBBB sequence that is perfectly sticked between files on the original and that would be difficult to reproduce! Or a special VC-1 files sequencing playback ability... Who knows!
Old 18th January 2010, 04:38   #6618  |  Link
Willobee

@soniG

My angles and demons BD was shrink+re-encode. I made a backup of the entire BD to a BD25 which required re-encoding. I ripped the BD-RB backup copy of angles and demons (BD25) to my HTPC and played it back using TMT3. I noticed some slight tearing in the video that my be occurring when switching between M2TS files and once or twice the video did freeze for a split second. I also played the BD itself using TMT3 with the same result.

This movie plays good on the HTPC using TMT3 when ripped from the original BD. So I would agree that something has happened during the re-encoding process but the BD-RB backup plays fine in my stand alone BD player.

I would have to say that BD-RB is not a good choice for re-encoding BD's that contain multiple M2TS streams for the purpose of play back using a software player on an HTPC. As jdobbs stated in an earlier post TMT3 is a software player and there are many reasons why this is happening and is not a fault of BD-RB since it is not designed to perform this task.

You seem to understand the video encoding process far better than I and I hope you can come up with a soultion to this problem.

I can only conclude that for now BD's with multiple M2TS streams should be ripped to the HTPC from the original only and BD-RB be used to make backup copies that can be played on a stand alone player. If the BD-RB backups can play on the HTPC then great we can save some space on the HTPC hard drive using the ones that work.

Last edited by Willobee; 18th January 2010 at 04:46.
Old 18th January 2010, 06:41   #6619  |  Link
fpltdc

Encode failed: Pirates of the Caribbean 1

I am running Win7 64-bit and I have uninstalled and re-installed all the correct versions of the recommended software. I was using RB 31.05 before with no problems at all especially when doing full movie backups to BD25. Had issues with BD9, but that was probably because of not using the AVCHD patch before burning. Anyway, when I tried to do the backup for this movie, POTC1, I had the "encode failed" error, at the first video.

-----------------------
[23:53:02] BD Rebuilder v0.31.06 (beta)
- Source: PIRATES1
- Input BD size: 42.45 GB
- Approximate total content: [03:29:56.241]
- Target BD size: 22.46 GB
- Windows Version: 6.1 [7600]
- Audio Settings: AC3=1 DTS=1 HD=0 Kbs=640
[23:53:05] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [23:53:05] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00002]
- [23:53:06] Reencoding: VID_00002 (1 of 10)
- [23:53:06] Collecting video information
- Source Video: MPEG-4 (AVC), 1920x1080
- Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 24 frames
- [23:53:06] Reencoding: VID_00002, Pass 1 of 1
- Reached retry limit. Aborting.
- FFDSHOW Revision: (3133)
[23:56:10] - Failed video encode, aborted

I have the ffdshow settings as recommended; VC-1 to WMV9, MPEG2 to libavcodec, H264/AVC to libavcodec, and I have tried with RB 31.06 with the same results. I have tried to go through the previous posts but none of the recommended solutions seem to work for me. Am I missing something, some setting that I have wrong? Thanks again for such a great program!
fpltdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2010, 07:06   #6620  |  Link
tacky187

Quote:
...1- the possibility to recognize and manage secondary DTS Express audio tracks with BDClown that use TSMuxer like you and eac3to
Even though eac3to can extract DTS-Express, I don't believe this actually works. tsMuxer doesn't recognize these streams and if you check the tsMuxeR.LOG, you'll see the Express tracks completely missing. As a test, run a file with an Express track through the app outputting as a new m2ts, then run eac3to on the new m2ts and you'll see the Express track missing.

I think that until eac3to can mux to Bluray/m2ts container, or tsMuxer can recognize Express streams, we won't have a good solution for preserving those tracks.
tacky187 is offline   Reply With Quote