Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 17th April 2009, 00:52   #161  |  Link
miklg21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Chen View Post
This is known error. It will be fixed soon. Thanks.

Cool.. thanks for the info.
miklg21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2009, 03:42   #162  |  Link
huasan

I have tried this tool, but failed with such error logs:

FAILURE: Code 3221225653 at 5qSw3u]KFoZ XU:213130927
FAILURE: Code 3221225653 at 5qSw3u]KFoZ XU:213130927
FAILURE: Code 3221225653 at 5F}{G^y4Uv*LI$5|:121262992
FAILURE: Code 0 at 5F}{G^y4Uv*LI$5|:121262785
FAILURE: Code 0 at \3C-\03N#SATD}Qgj YW2-tHR~:29393516
The program can't find any usable optical drives. The BETA version requires administrative privileges for drive access.

Of course i login as administrator. it seems that, the tool never found my drive!
huasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2009, 05:20   #163  |  Link
setarip_old

@huasan

Hi!

If your O/S is Vista, try additionally right clicking on the program and selecting "Run as administrator"...
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2009, 21:44   #164  |  Link
setarip_old

@Mike Chen

Hi!

It's recently come to light that "MakeMKV" (up to and including v.1.4.2b) does something to PGS subtitles when converting from M2TS to MKV that makes them unusable by other programs, such as "tsMuxeR".

The proof of this is that loading the M2TS file into "tsMuxeR" allows the program to accept and properly process the PGS subtitles, while loading the MKV file (created from the same M2TS file) generates an error message stating the inability to process them.

Please advise.

Last edited by setarip_old; 10th May 2009 at 22:01.
Old 13th May 2009, 19:39   #165  |  Link
miklg21

Quote:
This is known error. It will be fixed soon. Thanks.
the latest update solves the problem. thanks.
miklg21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2009, 14:45   #166  |  Link
tetsuo55
MPC-HC Project Manager

It appears there is a huge memory leak in MakeMKV

I'm using MakeMKV v1.4.2, and it maxes out my ram in about 2-3 minutes, and then starts spilling over in the pagefile.
I use cleanmem script to fight against it but it has to be fixed.

the leak occurs while its converting, i am using dvd's

My os is Windows 7 7100 X64

Last edited by tetsuo55; 29th May 2009 at 14:53.
tetsuo55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2009, 18:00   #167  |  Link
Iskondi

Very Cool Program!

Hey Mike I wanted to say that this is a very cool program! I used it for the first time yesterday and it worked like a champ.

Two questions:

1. When I went to down convert the MKV that was created to 720p Ripbot, for some reason, couldn't figure out the Audio stream. I was able to extract the AC3 on the command line using mkvextract without issue and everything seemed great, but I wasn't sure if you might have an idea why the audio gave me issues?

2. Would it be possible to add an option for down converting to 720p?
My HDTV is smaller and so I like to store content in 720p for saving space.

Thanks again for making such an awesome program!

Iskondi

Last edited by Iskondi; 29th May 2009 at 23:19.
Iskondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2009, 08:48   #168  |  Link
Mike Chen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsuo55 View Post
It appears there is a huge memory leak in MakeMKV

I'm using MakeMKV v1.4.2, and it maxes out my ram in about 2-3 minutes, and then starts spilling over in the pagefile.
I use cleanmem script to fight against it but it has to be fixed.

the leak occurs while its converting, i am using dvd's

My os is Windows 7 7100 X64
How much RAM do you have? Please try to change "read buffer size" from "auto" to an amount of roughly 1/4 of your ram in preferences dialog and restart the application.
Mike Chen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2009, 09:48   #169  |  Link
tetsuo55
MPC-HC Project Manager

Quote:
How much RAM do you have? Please try to change "read buffer size" from "auto" to an amount of roughly 1/4 of your ram in preferences dialog and restart the application.
system specs:

e8400
4GB ram
Windows 7 7100 X64

It also looks like MakeMKV's caching is not that great, it hardly uses any of my CPU's power and sometimes crawls to a halt when the computer is doing other things (i use makeMKV on a dedicated seperate harddisk)

I will try your solution.
PS i use Clearmem (which forces applications to use the windows garbage collector to clear any unneeded ram) to fight the leak, and it works perfectly(but i have to keep running it over and over ).

I Found another bug with the chapters that actually causes crashes on some players:

Bug 1: Chapter "0" is not allowed, see the specs here:
http://www.matroska.org/technical/sp...ers/index.html
Code:
ChapterUID > 0
meaning the value has to be equal to or higher than 1

Last edited by tetsuo55; 9th June 2009 at 09:59.
tetsuo55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2009, 10:16   #170  |  Link
tetsuo55
MPC-HC Project Manager

I actually found several HDDVD and DVD discs that do not work with MakeMKV, what can i do to get these discs supported?

I also tried a disc where the extras got mixed and output as multitple files. (so certain extra's would be included multiple times)
Old 9th June 2009, 18:31   #171  |  Link
setarip_old

@Mike Chen

Any insight you can offer regarding the problem noted in post #164 to this thread?:
Quote:
It's recently come to light that "MakeMKV" (up to and including v.1.4.2b) does something to PGS subtitles when converting from M2TS to MKV that makes them unusable by other programs, such as "tsMuxeR".
Old 9th June 2009, 19:30   #172  |  Link
tetsuo55
MPC-HC Project Manager

Quote:
i tried it and it does not help.
Old 10th June 2009, 02:22   #173  |  Link
setarip_old

New Version Released

MakeMKV v.1.4.3b for Windows has just been released.

And, for the first time, a Mac version (same version number) was also released...

Last edited by setarip_old; 10th June 2009 at 02:28.
Old 10th June 2009, 08:58   #174  |  Link
Mike Chen

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
@Mike Chen
Any insight you can offer regarding the problem noted in post #164 to this thread?:
MakeMKV just puts PGS stream as is into MKV. The bigger problem is that there are no players that can play PGS stream from MKV file. In addition PGS stream itself (contrary to vobsub) does not contain timecodes and durations so this information must be somehow preserved. Because of this extracted PGS streams are typically stored in the "sup" file format that contains elementary stream and additional timing information. It is absolutely possible to extract "sup" file from MKV but there is currently no tool that can do just that. Eventually it will fix itself - either suprip will start to recognize MKV as input or PGS demuxer will be added to mkvtoolnix or VLC/MPlayer will start to display PGS streams. For now this is unfortunately a pain. Again, these MKVs contain elementary stream as-is, unchanged.
Old 10th June 2009, 09:00   #175  |  Link
Mike Chen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsuo55 View Post
i tried it and it does not help.
Strange. Can you please enable "log debug messages", restart the tool and capture the output in log window (if any)? You can PM it to me to keep this thread clean. Thanks.
Old 11th June 2009, 03:40   #176  |  Link
setarip_old

Overcoming BD+

@Mike Chen

Hi!

Now that Paramount has joined Fox by signing up to use Macrovision's "BD+" protection, may I now ask when you anticipate being able to overcome it, so as not to allow your program to become obsolete in its infancy?

Last edited by setarip_old; 11th June 2009 at 03:40. Reason: Add title
Old 12th June 2009, 04:28   #177  |  Link
Mike Chen

Quote:
@Mike Chen

Hi!

Now that Paramount has joined Fox by signing up to use Macrovision's "BD+" protection, may I now ask when you anticipate being able to overcome it, so as not to allow your program to become obsolete in its infancy?
We should collect royalities from macrovision for this BD+ will be supported "soon". I can't give any specific dates unfortunately.
Old 12th June 2009, 08:29   #178  |  Link
setarip_old

Thanks for the info.

We're all certainly looking forward to its arrival - "soon" ;>}
Old 12th June 2009, 20:06   #179  |  Link
SuperGoof

Quote:
I don't think it's going to become obsolete whether it supports BD+ or not, as decrypting is not the main purpose of this program. You can always run MakeMKV over disc, mounted image or Blu-ray folder decrypted by AnyDVD HD, DumpHD or other tools.

The main feature which is missing in MakeMKV is not BD+ support (as AnyDVD does it just fine). It is a small video player, allowing you to preview selected title (or rather selected video/audio/subtitle stream). Just like the one in DVD Shrink, CloneDVD and other tools. Another thing is the ability to output not only to .mkv, but also to .ts and .m2ts files (maybe .mp4 too) and "dummy" Blu-ray disc. Also the ability to preserve chapters if you export to another Blu-ray disc (perhaps .mkv does not support chapters, not sure).

Last edited by SuperGoof; 12th June 2009 at 21:15.
SuperGoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2009, 21:15   #180  |  Link
setarip_old

@SuperGoof

Hi!
Quote:
You can always run MakeMKV over disc, mounted image or Blu-ray folder decrypted by AnyDVD HD...
Please re-read the title of this thread and the initial post.

Stating that a pricey, previously monopolistic, alternative (AnyDVDHD) exists is irrelevant...