Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 7th August 2012, 12:20   #15461  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick Enigma View Post
I checked the lastcmd.txt and the crf value is there, but it still did not apply correctly. While messing around, I moved the fixed_crf parameter to the end of the ini file, and it stared working However, it looks like the encoded movie's size depends on the value set in Custom Target Size when fixed_crf is set to 15.

Org. size: 24.4GB
Fixed_crf: 18
Custome target size: 43000MB
Encoded size: 4.83GB

Fixed_crf: 18
Custome target size: 1000MB
Encoded size: 4.83GB

Fixed_crf: 15
Custome target size: 43000MB
Encoded size: 7.3GB

Fixed_crf: 15
Custome target size: 1000MB
Encoded size: 6.92GB

Any idea?
The only way I can see that that "moving to the end of the line" can make a difference is if you are using command line tweaks that are overriding the CRF command. It can't be using something else to determine size... the CRF is what does that. If it is in the command line -- it is being used. It can be affected, though, by the quality settings. Generally an identical CRF will result in a smaller output if you change from "Fast", for example, to "High Quality" mode.

Last edited by jdobbs; 7th August 2012 at 12:25.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2012, 20:40   #15462  |  Link
kristian65

Sorry if this question is in wrong place but i cant find what im looking for.

I read a while ago that there was a hidden option in BD-RB so u could blank out certain files.
Like if i choose full backup but black out all the extras and just keep the movie and the menu.

Tanx for any help
kristian65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2012, 23:43   #15463  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristian65 View Post
Sorry if this question is in wrong place but i cant find what im looking for.

I read a while ago that there was a hidden option in BD-RB so u could blank out certain files.
Like if i choose full backup but black out all the extras and just keep the movie and the menu.

Tanx for any help
Read this post for detail.
Old 10th August 2012, 07:47   #15464  |  Link
aneurysm

hi,

been using your software in combination with multiavchd for over 2 years ago. Multiavchd to remove some extra's, or transcode them to 720p and to sometimes add audio or subtitles.
In those 2 years .. never a problem.

Now the last week, I've had 3 discs that after I put them through multiavchd, I get the 2501 error "disc is not blu ray structure". Which I find so weird ... since all files & dirs are there.

Is there anything I can do / to check why certain discs after multiavchd don't open in bd rebuilder ?

Just to mention :
- the full blu ray's open & recode perfectly in bd rebuilder so it's no problem with the original rip.
- with the discs with a problem I've tried at least 2 times with multiavchd to remake the disc to make sure it didn't go bad or something.
- The 3 discs I had a problem with after going through multiavchd were 101 Dalmatians; Aliens (which I found very weird because it's structure is 100% like Alien with which I had no problems) & Vampire Diaries S1D4

tnx in advance for some pointers or tips

Last edited by aneurysm; 10th August 2012 at 07:51.
aneurysm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2012, 08:48   #15465  |  Link
kristian65

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Read this post for detail.
tanx so much for ur help
kristian65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2012, 10:25   #15466  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneurysm View Post
hi,

been using your software in combination with multiavchd for over 2 years ago. Multiavchd to remove some extra's, or transcode them to 720p and to sometimes add audio or subtitles.
In those 2 years .. never a problem.

Now the last week, I've had 3 discs that after I put them through multiavchd, I get the 2501 error "disc is not blu ray structure". Which I find so weird ... since all files & dirs are there.

Is there anything I can do / to check why certain discs after multiavchd don't open in bd rebuilder ?

Just to mention :
- the full blu ray's open & recode perfectly in bd rebuilder so it's no problem with the original rip.
- with the discs with a problem I've tried at least 2 times with multiavchd to remake the disc to make sure it didn't go bad or something.
- The 3 discs I had a problem with after going through multiavchd were 101 Dalmatians; Aliens (which I found very weird because it's structure is 100% like Alien with which I had no problems) & Vampire Diaries S1D4

tnx in advance for some pointers or tips
Running a disc through multiavchd and then through BDRB is a preprocessed disc and excludes you from bugreports according to jdobbs. Run the source through bdrb First and then through multi. And for the record, bdrb can blank out features too.

Verstuurd van mijn HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e met Tapatalk
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2012, 14:10   #15467  |  Link
aneurysm

aah sorry .. didn't know about the exclusion.
Apologies.

and yes I can do what you say, problem is a bit trial & error then that BD RB doesn't oversize then for adding the audio.
Old 10th August 2012, 14:39   #15468  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneurysm View Post
aah sorry .. didn't know about the exclusion.
Apologies.

and yes I can do what you say, problem is a bit trial & error then that BD RB doesn't oversize then for adding the audio.
Gotta be some setting you've changed in multiAVCHD. I use it all the time as a preprocessor and have no issues at all.

With that said -- a preprocessed source can't be accepted for bug reports. Experience has shown that 99% of the time the error is caused by the preprocessing.
Old 10th August 2012, 15:26   #15469  |  Link
aneurysm

ok, I understand that. i'll do some more testing, but I haven't changed anything on this PC software or settings for a long time.

only thing I installed recently is VLC media player

anyways, keep up the great program !
Old 12th August 2012, 09:26   #15470  |  Link
HandiA

Audio conversion error

Since installing the latest version of BD Rebuilder v0.41.01, All my backups have the audio converted from DTS HD Master Audio to just DTS.
HandiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2012, 14:59   #15471  |  Link
ihmcjacky

For the latest version of bd-rebuilder, I still facing the following 2 problems

1) - [21:44:16] CopyDirStructure() 00052 1200
- [21:44:18] CopyDirStructure() 00052 1200

when the file encoding and rebuilding is nearly finished, (I am sure the original file works fine)

2) [BD Rebuilder an error 2501][Selected source is not BD format] appears if the language and region is not set to English

Thanks for the attention
ihmcjacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2012, 14:54   #15472  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandiA View Post
Since installing the latest version of BD Rebuilder v0.41.01, All my backups have the audio converted from DTS HD Master Audio to just DTS.
You decide how they will be handled from the SETUP menu. Just select "Keep HD audio for BD-25". If you are backing up to BD-5 or BD-9 you can't keep HD audio -- they are too big for the disc.

I'll reemphasize a point that has been made here before, though. While it is up to you what you want to keep -- HD audio is all hype anyway. Double-blind tests have proven that the human ear can't detect it... many think they can hear a difference -- but scientific studies show that it is all psychological. I personally believe it is a waste of space that could be more effectively used for improving video quality. Just a thought...
Old 13th August 2012, 19:09   #15473  |  Link
JJB

[QUOTE=beachwhale;1586929]while running hunger games I got an error here is the log

----------------------
[08/06/12] BD Rebuilder v0.41.01 (beta)
[08:57:58] Source: THE_HUNGER_GAMES_2012_1080P_BLU-RAY_AVC_DTS-HD_MA_7.1-HDC

Man, that is one weird lookin' title.. just sayin......
JJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2012, 19:33   #15474  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJB View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachwhale View Post
while running hunger games I got an error here is the log

----------------------
[08/06/12] BD Rebuilder v0.41.01 (beta)
[08:57:58] Source: THE_HUNGER_GAMES_2012_1080P_BLU-RAY_AVC_DTS-HD_MA_7.1-HDC
Man, that is one weird lookin' title.. just sayin......
It amazes me that there are ISPs that accommodate downloads of this size. And no wonder the Internet is so slow what with this activity as well as legal streaming.
laserfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2012, 19:38   #15475  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

Lolz, he edited his post to make it look like a legit disc. Praise the power of quotes. @beachwhale: urs is not a retail disc with that volume name and highly likely altered in some way, hence ur excluded from bug reports. Get a real copy and not a downloaded one.
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2012, 20:07   #15476  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserfan View Post
It amazes me that there are ISPs that accommodate downloads of this size. And no wonder the Internet is so slow what with this activity as well as legal streaming.
Hi. The Internet was intended to be Open to the Public, Not to be censored or controlled. It Will Stay that way! Otherwise, it's like removing a bit of Freedom of Choice and that isn't cool to me at all. If you're getting slower speeds, it's not because of what others are downloading...check your hardware and ISP. Size of data should never matter to an ISP...that's not their job...nor should it ever be to censor or regulate. That's a parents role...more to the point, Each Persons responsibility/choice.

Consider streaming from Netflix with Full Quality enabled (HD) in your profile and there are 4 people in a Family that watch something different a lot...that could be considered a lot of data..that's not "illegal"...just 1 example of many.

Whew..okay..enough of my Very Strong feelings on that subject...back to BD-RB.

Last edited by AmigaFuture; 13th August 2012 at 20:08. Reason: Spelling
AmigaFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2012, 20:37   #15477  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
HD audio is all hype anyway. Double-blind tests have proven that the human ear can't detect it...
It's also been shown that some people in vibrational alignment with dog whistles or other pitches can hear them. As well as doing other ?impossible? things. Quantum science is pretty cool. Stan Lee's "Superhumans" is an awesome show about our abilities and possibilities.
Old 15th August 2012, 19:11   #15478  |  Link
Audiophile1178

JDOBBS, I don't know if you received Star Trek TNG yet. I just did the first disc using manual blanking to blank out the first disc so that half of the episodes were to be put on one BD-25 disc and the other half on another BD-25 disc to keep the quality super high. On the first disc BDRebuilder associated "Encounter at Farpoint" as itself and linked "The Naked Now" and "Code of Honor" together. This was fine as it allowed me to put "Encounter at Farpoint" on one disc and the other two on another with hardly any loss of quality.

Everything worked out great and i'm super happy with the transfers that was done EXCEPT for audio problems (that has nothing to do with BDRebuilder) which will get fixed with a replacement disc.

Now, I'm doing disc two and BDRebuilder, from what I can tell, is using 00000.mpls which links ALL of the episodes together so when I go to blank ANY episode they ALL get blanked. I've used BDinfo to look at the mpls structure and 00000.mpls links all of the episodes together but 00001.mps-00005.mpls each are associated with their own individual episode. Is there any way to fix this so that I can put 2 episodes on one disc and 3 on another? Or maybe 2 episodes on one disc, 2 on another, and 1 on its own? My goal is to keep the menus and everything but just blank the episodes that i'm not interested in as I did on the first disc that came out great.

Thanks for your continuing support as this is my first time ever using blanking!

edit: I just realized something. The main menu has a play all button which probably calls 00000.mpls but if click on the episodes button it'll allow you to play each one seperately which will then call the appropriate .mpls from 00001.mps-00005.mpls to play the correct episode.

Last edited by Audiophile1178; 15th August 2012 at 20:16.
Audiophile1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2012, 20:23   #15479  |  Link
jdobbs

Yes, I bought the STNG S1 Blu-ray collection. It's not perfect, there is some annoyin graininess in some of the episodes -- but I like it none-the-less. I've also created a special backup collection from it that is expanded to 16:9. Cool.

The problem is: Sometimes discs are created so that individual episodes can be played alone -- or they can be played one-after-the-other (in a different playlist). There is no way I know of to distinguish a playlist made up of several different standalone episodes from a playlist that is simply different parts combined together to form one feature.

If I allow blanking parts of a playlist (rather than all of it) I'll get inundated with bug reports about movies that are missing parts.

Last edited by jdobbs; 15th August 2012 at 20:27.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2012, 22:34   #15480  |  Link
Audiophile1178

JDOBBS, thanks for the quick response. I'm not sure if you totally understood my edit response. You wouldn't need to blank parts of a playlist. The disc contains all the playlists neccessary to get it done. The thing is BDRebuilder is selecting the 00000.mpls which includes all the episodes in it. If I could have BDrebuilder select a different playlist, for example any of the playlists from 00001.mpls-00005.mpls which contain the individual episodes, so when BDRebuilder reads the disc that'll fix the problem and allow me to blank it properly. If you look at the disc in BDinfo you'll see what I mean.

Forgive me and my ignorance as I know nothing about Blu-ray structures which is why i'm asking you.

Alternatively, could I just replace the .m2ts files of the episodes that I don't want with your blank .m2ts file?

Update: I replaced the .m2ts files for the episodes that I don't want with your blanking .m2ts file from a previous encode and replaced the appropriate .clpi files (from the blanked .clpi that you provided) that corresponding to the blanked file. I then used BDedit to edit the .mpls files that I needed and it all looks good in PowerDVD. The hardest part was editing the playlist that played all the episodes and only have it include the two episodes that I kept. I quickly found out how to do it. It worked great and played just like the Disc 1 that I did with BDRebuilder. The only thing is that in BDinfo it still shows the file as having all the different languages, as well as, subtitles but it doesn't seems to effect the way it plays so I'm ok with that. I tried to edit the appropriate playlist in BDedit. I was able to fix the playback time but no matter what I did it didn't change the languages and subtitles.

I'm going to burn it to a BD-RE to test it in my OPPO before I burn it to a BD-R disc and do the other half of the disc.

Update on Update: It took an hour to burn to BD-RE but when it was done it played beautifully in my OPPO. I think i'm going to do the rest of the discs this way.

Last edited by Audiophile1178; 16th August 2012 at 16:00.
Audiophile1178 is offline   Reply With Quote