Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 14th October 2010, 16:53   #9841  |  Link
shon3i
BluRay Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs
as the BD standard doesn't allow progressive in SD.
Not, but with x264's fake interlaced option, yes. Can encode any progressive SD/HD as interlace while keep video 100% progressive, and only put necessary flags that normally passes bd verification.

check this for detailed instructions and parameters for x264 settings http://sites.google.com/site/x264bluray/home
shon3i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2010, 17:04   #9842  |  Link
Hobojobo
don't blame me!

I have got a question about the presets in the altenate movie-only output box.

Does the the preset MKV Container, 1920x1080, 192Kbs AC3 downmix to ac3 2.0 or does it keep the soround channels?

Thx.
Hobojobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2010, 18:40   #9843  |  Link
naturelover

Thanks Mr. Dobbs,
I made the change to FFDSHOW and reran the program, this time I had a good run, pretty fast too, completed in about 90 minutes.
That video encoding is pretty CPU intensive, it's the first time my quad core really broke a sweat!

Anyway, thank you for a great application. I will be sure to contribute financially to support your efforts. Hope you can see it through to a GA version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
If you allow BD Rebuilder to change the registry values (by running it as Admin the first time, as the instructions in the first post says) it will set that up for you.

If you want to do it yourself, click on the start button, select programs, select FFDSHOW, then "Video Decoder Configuration". Under VC-1, select "VC-1" select "wmv9".
naturelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2010, 20:49   #9844  |  Link
waynezo

do not convert dts to ac3

I'm doing blu-ray to BD9. In settings I checked the box "do not convert dts to ac3". When BD-RB gets to "Reencoding audio tracks (if req'd)", I get windows message "wavi.exe has stopped working" and BD-RB stops working. When I close the windows message BD-RB starts working again and there are no error messages in the BD-RB log. The build is set to use LPCM only.
What is causing wavi.exe to stop? Is it my settings or something else?
2 ATI Radeon HD 4770 Video Cards
6GB OCZ Gold DDR3 1600
Intel X25-M 80GB SSD HD
2 HANNS-G 28" Monitors
2 Hyundai 19" Monitors
waynezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2010, 21:21   #9845  |  Link
klas

Problem with audio-Bd Rebuilder 03501

- [18:11:31] Reencoding audio tracks (if req'd)
- [18:11:33] ReencodeAudio() 00075 1801
[22:16:30] - Failed to reencode audio, aborted

In the latest beta or not recode the audio or gets me this error and fails.

Anyone can help me
klas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2010, 22:56   #9846  |  Link
Snarko

Quote:
I assume you must be talking about 1080i? I'm not familiar with tempgauss_mc -- is it just a deinterlacer or does it also change framerate? So what you'd need is a flag of some sort in the filter editor that tells BD-RB to treat the source as progressive after the filtering? If so I'd also have to have to distinguish between 480i/576i and 1080i when deciding whether the filter is used -- as the BD standard doesn't allow progressive in SD.
Yeah, I'm talking about 1080i (sorry, I jumped in a quote from a few months back on you long after the context had been lost). It's a very high quality bobbing deinterlacer. (Actually, I use QTGMC as shortcut to specify fast but quite-sufficient quality for HD.) I *can* kinda, sorta get it to work by tossing out every other frame post-bobbing (I want to use it to bob deinterlace and then resize to 720p), so that BD-RB's insertion of assumefps(30000,1001) doesn't throw off duration and sync. Like so:

i:BlackmanResize( 1280, height, taps=5 )
i:QTGMC( Preset="Very Fast", EdiMode="nnedi3" ).SelectEven()
i:BlackmanResize( width, 720, taps=5 )

But I'm dropping half the temporal resolution and x264 is still being given the -tff command, making it encode as if it were interlaced material and losing 8-15% bitrate efficiency.

You're right that HD and SD would additionally need to be distinguished. Like an additional couple of avisynth prefixes, besides the i:, e:, etc. - one for SD and one for HD.

*Or*, an option to specify one's own 1) deinterlacing method and 2) resizing method, quite apart from the avisynth filters section, would seem to cover all the bases? Like, besides just "Resize 1080p to 720p", have a suboption for *how*. And besides "use DECOMB filter on interlaced source", have a suboption for *how*? Perhaps configurable only as a hidden setting?
Snarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2010, 00:35   #9847  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by klas View Post
- [18:11:31] Reencoding audio tracks (if req'd)
- [18:11:33] ReencodeAudio() 00075 1801
[22:16:30] - Failed to reencode audio, aborted

In the latest beta or not recode the audio or gets me this error and fails.

Anyone can help me
You need to post the entire log, not just the parts you want me to see. Posting little pieces always makes me assume there is something you don't want me to see. Use "CODE" to wrap it (the "#" symbol at the top of the reply dialog) so it doesn't fill the page (it becomes scrollable).
Old 15th October 2010, 00:41   #9848  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobojobo View Post
I have got a question about the presets in the altenate movie-only output box.

Does the the preset MKV Container, 1920x1080, 192Kbs AC3 downmix to ac3 2.0 or does it keep the soround channels?

Thx.
Right now it downmixes to AC3 2.0. I'll probably add the ability to either keep audio intact or downmix to DD 5.1 at 640Kbs or 448Kbs. It just hasn't been a priority.
Old 15th October 2010, 00:47   #9849  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynezo View Post
I'm doing blu-ray to BD9. In settings I checked the box "do not convert dts to ac3". When BD-RB gets to "Reencoding audio tracks (if req'd)", I get windows message "wavi.exe has stopped working" and BD-RB stops working. When I close the windows message BD-RB starts working again and there are no error messages in the BD-RB log. The build is set to use LPCM only.
What is causing wavi.exe to stop? Is it my settings or something else?
That just means no DOS style ERRCODE is being returned from the WAVI process. You'll probably end up with a different error later when it tries to rebuild -- either that or the zero length output file will get muxed and your audio will be silent (most likely).

I'd need more information to try and figure out why you're getting the error. The audio .AVS file of the affected M2TS/track would help (AUD_XXXXX_YYYY.AVS, XXXX=M2TS number, YYYY=PID) . It would also be nice to know what disc you're attempting.

One thing to remember is that if you are doing a movie-only to BD-9 and have "strict AVCHD" selected, the DTS audio is going to be reencoded to AC3 (even with "do not convert dts to ac3" selected). "Strict AVCHD" tells BD-RB that you want to stay compliant with the AVCHD standard -- and DTS doesn't exist in that standard. For a better explanation, read that section in the BD-RB FAQ post (it's a sticky in this sub forum).

A little confusion on my part: If you're only keeping LPCM, why are you bringing up the "do not convert DTS" flag? BTW, LPCM is always converted for BD-9... it's too big to keep.

Last edited by jdobbs; 15th October 2010 at 01:00.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2010, 01:02   #9850  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Shikari View Post
It's a bob deinterlacer, so it doubles the framerate.
I was a little slow on the update on that one... I couldn't imagine why you'd double the framerate for a 1080i/480i/576i source. But in a follow-up post I found out that it was also being converted to 720p.
Old 15th October 2010, 01:07   #9851  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snarko View Post
Yeah, I'm talking about 1080i (sorry, I jumped in a quote from a few months back on you long after the context had been lost). It's a very high quality bobbing deinterlacer. (Actually, I use QTGMC as shortcut to specify fast but quite-sufficient quality for HD.) I *can* kinda, sorta get it to work by tossing out every other frame post-bobbing (I want to use it to bob deinterlace and then resize to 720p), so that BD-RB's insertion of assumefps(30000,1001) doesn't throw off duration and sync. Like so:

i:BlackmanResize( 1280, height, taps=5 )
i:QTGMC( Preset="Very Fast", EdiMode="nnedi3" ).SelectEven()
i:BlackmanResize( width, 720, taps=5 )

But I'm dropping half the temporal resolution and x264 is still being given the -tff command, making it encode as if it were interlaced material and losing 8-15% bitrate efficiency.

You're right that HD and SD would additionally need to be distinguished. Like an additional couple of avisynth prefixes, besides the i:, e:, etc. - one for SD and one for HD.

*Or*, an option to specify one's own 1) deinterlacing method and 2) resizing method, quite apart from the avisynth filters section, would seem to cover all the bases? Like, besides just "Resize 1080p to 720p", have a suboption for *how*. And besides "use DECOMB filter on interlaced source", have a suboption for *how*? Perhaps configurable only as a hidden setting?
I think a hidden option is a good idea. If I start throwing out that sort of thing in the SETUP dialog I'd be answering questions for the following three weeks. Just adding IVTC in the last release filled up my e-mail box with questions -- and it was done automatically.

Last edited by jdobbs; 15th October 2010 at 01:27.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2010, 01:34   #9852  |  Link
Snarko

Quote:
I think a hidden option is a good idea. If I start throwing out that sort of thing in the SETUP dialog I'd be answering questions for the following three weeks. Just adding IVTC in the last release filled up my e-mail box with questions -- and it was done automatically.
I guess this belongs more in the feature request thread, now. Anyway, thanks for any consideration you may give to user-selected deinterlacing and/or resizing!
Snarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2010, 01:47   #9853  |  Link
SoniG

Quote:
I try new ones all the time, and almost every time something will create a new issue. It never seems to be consistent. One time it may be MPEG-2, the next time it may be an audio problem. I'd certainly like to use newer releases -- but it has to work across lots of different CODECS for Blu-ray support. All I can say is that if you use one of the two I suggest, directshow support for X264 is solid.
OK, thanks for your answer. It was to enjoy new DXVA playback features but I can live without it.
SoniG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2010, 03:15   #9854  |  Link
waynezo

BD Rebuilder works several times for me in the past, but now I get a windows popup error message "wavi.exe has stopped working"

Here is the lines a get in the log before the error :

[19:02:05] BD Rebuilder v0.33.04 (beta)
- Source: 82860856_DAVE_MATTHEWS_DISC_1
- Input BD size: 40.47 GB
- Approximate total content: [02:55:19.901]
- Target BD size: 7.72 GB
- Windows Version: 6.1 [7600]
- Audio Settings: AC3=1 DTS=1 HD=0 Kbs=640
[19:02:07] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [19:02:07] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00012]
- [19:02:08] Reencoding: VID_00012 (1 of 4)

And this is from the cmd window:

C:\BD_Rebuilder>"C:\BD_Rebuilder\tools\wavi.exe" "D:\WORKING\WORKFILES\AUD_00012
_4352.AVS" - | "C:\BD_Rebuilder\tools\aften.exe" -v 1 -b 224 -readtoeof 1 - "D
:\WORKING\WORKFILES\AUD_00012_4352.AC3"

Aften: A/52 audio encoder
Version SVN
(c) 2006-2007 Justin Ruggles, Prakash Punnoor, et al.

Does anybody has a clue about what is the problem ?

Thanks,

Olivier

I'm having the same problem only when the original file is LPCM
6GB OCZ Gold DDR3 1600
Intel X25-M 80GB SSD HD
2 HANNS-G 28" Monitors
2 Hyundai 19" Monitors
Old 15th October 2010, 03:18   #9855  |  Link
waynezo

Quote:
Originally Posted by theria05 View Post
BD Rebuilder works several times for me in the past, but now I get a windows popup error message "wavi.exe has stopped working"

Here is the lines a get in the log before the error :

[19:02:05] BD Rebuilder v0.33.04 (beta)
- Source: 82860856_DAVE_MATTHEWS_DISC_1
- Input BD size: 40.47 GB
- Approximate total content: [02:55:19.901]
- Target BD size: 7.72 GB
- Windows Version: 6.1 [7600]
- Audio Settings: AC3=1 DTS=1 HD=0 Kbs=640
[19:02:07] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [19:02:07] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00012]
- [19:02:08] Reencoding: VID_00012 (1 of 4)

And this is from the cmd window:

C:\BD_Rebuilder>"C:\BD_Rebuilder\tools\wavi.exe" "D:\WORKING\WORKFILES\AUD_00012
_4352.AVS" - | "C:\BD_Rebuilder\tools\aften.exe" -v 1 -b 224 -readtoeof 1 - "D
:\WORKING\WORKFILES\AUD_00012_4352.AC3"

Aften: A/52 audio encoder
Version SVN
(c) 2006-2007 Justin Ruggles, Prakash Punnoor, et al.

Does anybody has a clue about what is the problem ?

Thanks,

Olivier
I have the same problem only with LPCM
6GB OCZ Gold DDR3 1600
Intel X25-M 80GB SSD HD
2 HANNS-G 28" Monitors
2 Hyundai 19" Monitors
Old 15th October 2010, 04:18   #9856  |  Link
waynezo

Quote:
I just ran a job with LPCM 2ch audio. It worked correctly. I'd suggest you remove and reinstall BD-RB and all helper apps.

[Edit] One other thought. When converting LPCM, BD-RB uses AVISYNTH's "DirectshowSource()" filter. I would recommend you open up FFDSHOW's "Audio Decoder Configuration" -- and under the codecs list set "Uncompressed" to "All Supported" -- just in case there is no inherent DirectShow decoder for LPCM enabled on your system.
I set "Uncompressed" to "All Supported" but still get the error.
I've attached a screenshot
Attached Images

6GB OCZ Gold DDR3 1600
Intel X25-M 80GB SSD HD
2 HANNS-G 28" Monitors
2 Hyundai 19" Monitors
Old 15th October 2010, 07:13   #9857  |  Link
klas

Quote:
You need to post the entire log, not just the parts you want me to see. Posting little pieces always makes me assume there is something you don't want me to see. Use "CODE" to wrap it (the "#" symbol at the top of the reply dialog) so it doesn't fill the page (it becomes scrollable).
The problem is the audio not the video. I thought the answer would be simple and quick.
Not an answer full of suspicions
klas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2010, 13:59   #9858  |  Link
waynezo

Quote:
That just means no DOS style ERRCODE is being returned from the WAVI process. You'll probably end up with a different error later when it tries to rebuild -- either that or the zero length output file will get muxed and your audio will be silent (most likely).

I'd need more information to try and figure out why you're getting the error. The audio .AVS file of the affected M2TS/track would help (AUD_XXXXX_YYYY.AVS, XXXX=M2TS number, YYYY=PID) . It would also be nice to know what disc you're attempting.

One thing to remember is that if you are doing a movie-only to BD-9 and have "strict AVCHD" selected, the DTS audio is going to be reencoded to AC3 (even with "do not convert dts to ac3" selected). "Strict AVCHD" tells BD-RB that you want to stay compliant with the AVCHD standard -- and DTS doesn't exist in that standard. For a better explanation, read that section in the BD-RB FAQ post (it's a sticky in this sub forum).

A little confusion on my part: If you're only keeping LPCM, why are you bringing up the "do not convert DTS" flag? BTW, LPCM is always converted for BD-9... it's too big to keep.
The finished disc (Diana Krall Live in Rio) plays fine has DD 2.0. BDRB stops working until I close the wavi.exe message then goes on to finish the disc. Since I don't have a HDMI capable AVR and use digital coaxial to connect, do I need LPCM?

AUD_00006_4352.AVS

#Created by BD Rebuilder - v0.35.01 (beta)
LoadPlugin("C:\BD Rebuilder\BD_Rebuilder\tools\nicaudio.dll")
audio=DirectshowSource("00006.track_4352.wav").Amplify(1.2)
audio = (AudioChannels(audio) > 6) ? GetChannel(audio,1,2,3,4,7,8) : audio
ConvertAudioTo16bit(ResampleAudio(audio, 48000))
6GB OCZ Gold DDR3 1600
Intel X25-M 80GB SSD HD
2 HANNS-G 28" Monitors
2 Hyundai 19" Monitors
Old 15th October 2010, 14:09   #9859  |  Link
waynezo

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynezo View Post
The finished disc (Diana Krall Live in Rio) plays fine has DD 2.0. BDRB stops working until I close the wavi.exe message then goes on to finish the disc. Since I don't have a HDMI capable AVR and use digital coaxial to connect, do I need LPCM?

AUD_00006_4352.AVS

#Created by BD Rebuilder - v0.35.01 (beta)
LoadPlugin("C:\BD Rebuilder\BD_Rebuilder\tools\nicaudio.dll")
audio=DirectshowSource("00006.track_4352.wav").Amplify(1.2)
audio = (AudioChannels(audio) > 6) ? GetChannel(audio,1,2,3,4,7,8) : audio
ConvertAudioTo16bit(ResampleAudio(audio, 48000))
This is the windows log for the app

Error 10/15/2010 8:37:29 AM Application Error 1000 (100)

Log Name: Application
Source: Application Error
Date: 10/15/2010 8:37:29 AM
Event ID: 1000
Task Category: (100)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: Waynezo-i7-920
Description:
Faulting application name: wavi.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x46c49fdf
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7600.16559, time stamp: 0x4ba9b29c
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x000cdc9b
Faulting process id: 0x1f18
Faulting application start time: 0x01cb6c65b9ef6da3
Faulting application path: C:\BD Rebuilder\BD_Rebuilder\tools\wavi.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
Report Id: f87d91d9-d858-11df-83c6-90e6ba2fb081
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Application Error" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>100</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2010-10-15T12:37:29.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>196527</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>Waynezo-i7-920</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>wavi.exe</Data>
<Data>0.0.0.0</Data>
<Data>46c49fdf</Data>
<Data>ntdll.dll</Data>
<Data>6.1.7600.16559</Data>
<Data>4ba9b29c</Data>
<Data>c0000374</Data>
<Data>000cdc9b</Data>
<Data>1f18</Data>
<Data>01cb6c65b9ef6da3</Data>
<Data>C:\BD Rebuilder\BD_Rebuilder\tools\wavi.exe</Data>
<Data>C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll</Data>
<Data>f87d91d9-d858-11df-83c6-90e6ba2fb081</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>
6GB OCZ Gold DDR3 1600
Intel X25-M 80GB SSD HD
2 HANNS-G 28" Monitors
2 Hyundai 19" Monitors
Old 15th October 2010, 15:22   #9860  |  Link
jdobbs

@waynezo

That's now 6 posts all reporting the same error. Here is a quote from the first post of this thread:
Quote:
If you decide to download and test -- please post any errors you find in this thread. Don't push bug resolution or keep asking for a fix. I will get to the reported bugs, but only when I can find the time.
Review rules #8 and #11. Further abuse will result in a strike.