Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > IFO/VOB Editors

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29th May 2007, 10:50   #1  |  Link
itchione

pgcedit virtual player not smooth

I just updated to an old Dell 3GHz P4 GX520 as my last machine was even older

When using trace mode on pgcedit v8.2.1 (and the previous v7.3) the virtual player was not at all smooth in it's playback.
I know it wasn't the (on disk)DVD as playback was smooth within WinDVD, so it must have been a pgcedit configuration issue
Couldn't have been a user error

Read as much as i could within the pgcedit help file and tried searching this forum but without complete luck...

After playing with 'virtual player' and 'preview options' under 'setup' within the trace menu, i still had some problems.
I later ticked 'disable direct draw' under 'trace' and the playback became smooth although not at normal speed (it was faster than real-time).

Is there some configuration i have not as yet set correctly ?

The odd thing is that on my previous machine, a 1.1Ghz P3S, i didn't have to configure anything and it worked out of the box
Or was it that pgcedit does not provide real-time playback and my older P3 masked this problem ?

Cheers, Itchione
itchione is offline   Reply With Quote