Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > Advanced authoring

Old 26th March 2005, 18:35   #1  |  Link
D3s7
ScenAid

BatchCCEWS change requests

BBWoof in his absence has been kind enough to pass on the source code to BatchCCEWS.

We will be putting the source up somewhere under GPL for anyone but until i can find that home, I'd like to gather a list of changes/updates people have noted / would like to see

so far I've noted these:

1)Use of existing VAF files (allow for more passes)
2)Fixing CCE To shutdown when "stop" is pressed
3)Stop after current file (allow finish encoding/pulldown if needed of the active file before stopping)
4)Updates to the chapter location routines to more accuratly reflect IFO

Thanks go out again to BBWoof for such a great product and for the kindness to allow it's further development while he is busy w/ other things.

Last edited by Trahald; 23rd March 2006 at 20:04.
D3s7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2005, 22:21   #2  |  Link
Nevs5

should you guys try and combine BatchEncodeM2V and BatchCCEWS as one program?
Old 27th March 2005, 02:56   #3  |  Link
jarthel
plebian

- support for cce 2.7x
- possibility of running 2 instances of batchccews with each having its own queue (like during install, user can specify registry location or queue is loaded from a txt file at startup)

thanks

Last edited by jarthel; 27th March 2005 at 02:59.
jarthel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2005, 04:57   #4  |  Link
Angelus

I would like to see the ability of doing 1 pass encoding alike BatchEncodeM2V
Angelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2005, 16:46   #5  |  Link
Trahald
Wewkiee

The plan will be something like that (to merge batchencode features). I already talk to dest regularly about the batchencode project. we will be merging the ideas into batchcce (the use of reversepulldown code to prevent .5 duration errors for ntsc film vobid demux) and pan and scan support. as far as 1 pass.. we'll see.. d3s7 will be primarily working on batchccews.. id like to have it support alternate encoders also as well just as batchencode does (batchencode may go through a few more updates but will probably eventually stop as its purpose was to only fill in gaps from batchccews and that can be done directly now.)
Old 28th March 2005, 04:05   #6  |  Link
JuanC

This is very good news. Thanks a bunch to BBWoof, D3s7, Trahald and everybody involved.

About modification requests for BCCEWS, Here's a very important one:

No matter what matrix you choose for a job, it will always use the one from the selected template, so if you have several jobs in the same batch, using the same tamplate (say for example "Robshot-Back") it will always use the same matrix defined in that template for all those jobs. It won't use the one you chose for each job.
JuanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2005, 00:12   #7  |  Link
OvERaCiD23

The only major thing I'd like to see is support for newer versions of CCE (2.67+).
OvERaCiD23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2005, 16:08   #8  |  Link
D3s7
ScenAid

JuanC: are you saying if you have 1 item using Roba and another using Multipass and another using 1pass, all three will be scripted for Roba?

OVer: I'm working on 2.7 - 2.67 IS currently supported though (that's the version I use)... biggest issue so far is Roba however, BatchCCEWS uses it's own "type" of roba so it may not be an issue

Angelus: not sure what your referring to by 1pass.. unless your talking about Roba which may/may not be an easy change... BatchEncodeM2V uses robacce.exe as a helper app for roba whereas BatchCCEWS does roba by creating a VAF file in 1 pass, then using that while encoding all the other passes

Jarthel: CCE 2.7 support is in the process - supporting multipl running copies probably will never be though... that would require a complete redesign not to mention eclcce doesn't support multiple copies nor could I see how this would be of any use to anyone
Old 30th March 2005, 18:40   #9  |  Link
jarthel
plebian

Quote:
Originally posted by D3s7

Jarthel: CCE 2.7 support is in the process - supporting multipl running copies probably will never be though... that would require a complete redesign not to mention eclcce doesn't support multiple copies nor could I see how this would be of any use to anyone
I have a dual-cpu setup and it'll be really useful if I can encode 2 DVDs at them same time. Also with the advent of multi-core CPUs, this request will be beneficial to others as well in the very near future.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I thought that cce 2.7 doesn't need eclcee. So I instance of batchcce is using 2.67 (via eclcce) and the other instance is using 2.7.
Old 30th March 2005, 20:28   #10  |  Link
D3s7
ScenAid

no 2.7 doesn't need eclcce but all the rest of the versions do..

personally i think there would be too much work and end user setup to warrent that ability...
Old 31st March 2005, 01:24   #11  |  Link
jarthel
plebian

well how about the queue being loaded from a txt file instead of the registry? the user doesn't have to setup anything but they can always install batchcce in 2 different locations
Old 31st March 2005, 04:43   #12  |  Link
JuanC

Quote:
Originally posted by D3s7
JuanC: are you saying if you have 1 item using Roba and another using Multipass and another using 1pass, all three will be scripted for Roba?
No, it's just that given several jobs using the same template, whatever it is, they will all be encoded with the quant. matrix associated with that template. BCCE won't use the matrix you chose for each encoding job. Please advise if this is clear. I guess my english is not very good.
JuanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2005, 21:47   #13  |  Link
recoil47

I'd like to also state the fact that I'd like to see support for newer versions of CCE in this program. It doesn't support newer builds today (because of ECLCCE) which is annoying...
recoil47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2005, 21:48   #14  |  Link
recoil47

Wait, if CCE 2.7 and higher don't need ECLCCE, then how do you get BatchCCEWS to work? Everytime I started it up with CCE 2.7 or higher, I would get that error message, and ECLCCE was always engaged. Is there a workaround?
Old 4th April 2005, 13:22   #15  |  Link
D3s7
ScenAid

I'm planning on adding support for ccefront which will get rid of the problem w/ eclcce and 2.7
Old 4th April 2005, 23:23   #16  |  Link
recoil47

Nice

Thanks!
Old 21st April 2005, 06:56   #17  |  Link
jarthel
plebian

it would be nice if you can add "shutdown PC upon queue completion" feature.

thanks
Old 2nd May 2005, 08:56   #18  |  Link
Justn

i've always had problems with batchccews and interlaced or hybrid material, i often get weird results. i read a while back that it was something to do with how doitfast4u treats the source or something. if that could get fixed i'd be happy or if there is a solution i dont' know about, i'd love to be pointed in the right direction
Old 3rd May 2005, 01:27   #19  |  Link
D3s7
ScenAid

You in PAL land or NTSC land?
Old 3rd May 2005, 19:37   #20  |  Link
Justn

ntsc, i dont' really know how to explain what happens, it's like a white outline around fast moving objects. kinda odd