Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 20th February 2013, 08:39   #6961  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

@ Tiny Mud:

You have some strange habit of formatting MPEG...

Why do you think Kurtnoise asked you to alanyze the files which don't work using MediaInfo? Don't you believe there is a reason? We want to be certain. Everyone can take any random file (may it be e.g. a ZIP archive), rename it to "Xvid+AC3.avi", and any media player or converter will fail. You cannot trust file names. You cannot be certain that a file named *.avi has the content and the structure an AVI file should have. MediaInfo can tell us what the content and structure is.

And even if the structure is correct ... AviSynth expects complete sources. It is not very tolerant about "files with holes". Your large variety of available formats might suggest that your sources are not very reliable. Incomplete and corrupted content is quite common in files from sources addressed by Forum Rule #6.

Another reason of such selective issues may be that one installed some "Super Duper Codecpack" which messed the general media interfaces of Windows; it could have been avoidable by installing only original VfW codecs or DirectShow filters, where ffdshow or LAV lack of comprehensive open-source implementations.

But MeGUI seems to get part of the blame too. You said you were able to open an MPEG file via AviSource? IMPOSSIBRU! – So I can only imagine that the created script instead used DirectShowSource() instead of AviSource(). A quite different technology. I remember this behaviour from an older version of MeGUI; newer versions switch the button text already.

You may be more successful trying the File Indexer with the FFmpegSource option, instead of AviSource or DirectShowSource. FFmpegSource is an AviSynth native decoder, it does not depend on the VfW codecs or DirectShow filters installed in your system. But it works best with MKV files as input. Converting a variety of sources to MKV first, using MKVmergeGUI, may require more space for the copy, but has an advantage of pre-checking for incompleteness, corruption, and possibly fixing minor issues, making a more reliable source file to process.

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid

Last edited by LigH; 20th February 2013 at 08:49.
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2013, 12:33   #6962  |  Link
Tiny Mud

Quote:
You have some strange habit of formatting MPEG..
I thank you for you advise to use File Indexing and MKVmerge_GUI but that should not be necessary using mJpeg/PCM.avi Source Files and AVISource as it should work in Win7 [64].

I've been Encoding since Win95 days and yes I got a Collection.

MPG was the original DSS and all we had where mpg encoders like TMPGEnc or MainConcept mpg Encoders.

In 98 MS released a hidden file on the Win98 Golden Edition named mpg4c32.dll that revelutionized AVI encoding to mpeg4 which in turn evolved into H264 AVC. Today DVD and Theaders are about the only industies still using M2TS.

I'm not particularily into ripping DVD. Most my Source Files where generated by Capture to mJpeg/PCM.AVI or Huff/PCM.AVI and sometimes Indeo.

Believe me my files are real, plus I do checked them using MediaInfo. I haven't used Codec Packages since WinXP. Basically I use Haali, FDDShow, specific Gabest Filters and AviSynth with Win7.

You say it's impossible for AVISource to open a mPeg container and transcode using MeGUI to X264/He-AAC.MKV. I got news for you. I suggest you make a mPeg1 or mPeg2 using old TMPGEnc with mv1 or mv2/mp2 or mp3.mpg file then tell me AVISource will not open it and make an AVS File. I'm supprized you didn't pick out the Sorenson Spark FLV1/mp3.FLV.

And here's a Lesson: AVS File generated by MeGUI when opening a mv2/mp3.mpg File using AVISource:

Step-1

LoadPlugin("D:\MEDIA Studio\VIDEO\3_ENCODERS\MeGUI\tools\avs\directshowsource.dll")
DirectShowSource("I:\(Studio_NT)\File Name.mpg", fps=29.970, audio=false, convertfps=true).AssumeFPS(30000,1001)
#deinterlace
#crop
#resize
#denoise

ConvertToYV12()

Step-2

Extract the Audio using Cool Edit or Audition and save as Wav.

Step-3

Use MeGUI to convert the WAV to HE-AAC and MUX the x264 and mp4 into a MKV

You have just transcoded a 115MB mpg to a 22MB MKV using AVISource.

I'm not about to post a whole lot of MediaInfo Charts for every Video Format I name. You just have to take my word that I'm using legitimate files when I say they are so.

My particular concern is having MeGUI Create an AVS Script/AVISource for Capture Formats such as Pegasus PIC Video v3 mJpeg/PCM.AVI or Huff Lossless/PCM.AVI in Win7 [64] as it works in Win7 [32].

I'm starting to think I may have to play around with the FDDShow configuration much more then I had to then in Win7 [32].

Last edited by Tiny Mud; 20th February 2013 at 12:38.
Tiny Mud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2013, 13:09   #6963  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny Mud View Post
You say it's impossible for AVISource to open a mPeg container and transcode using MeGUI to X264/He-AAC.MKV. I got news for you. I suggest you make a mPeg1 or mPeg2 using old TMPGEnc with mv1 or mv2/mp2 or mp3.mpg file then tell me AVISource will not open it and make an AVS File.
There are two completely different things.

a) The AviSynth function AviSource() as written in a *.avs script file. Use a plain text editor; write 'AviSource("test.mpg")' and save as test.avs; try to open that in VirtualDub. Result:

---------------------------
VirtualDub Error
Avisynth open failure:
AVIFileSource: couldn't open file 'test.mpg'
(test.avs, line 1)
OK

b) The button "AVISource" in MeGUI. Well. You see yourself in your "lesson" to me:

Quote:
LoadPlugin("D:\MEDIA Studio\VIDEO\3_ENCODERS\MeGUI\tools\avs\directshowsource.dll")
DirectShowSource("I:\(Studio_NT)\File Name.mpg", fps=29.970, audio=false, convertfps=true).AssumeFPS(30000,1001)
Surprise!

MeGUI created a script containing the function DirectShowSource().

Not the function AviSource().

When I say that the AviSynth function AviSource() can only load AVIs, neither MPGs nor FLVs, then I mean the script function. I already suggested Zathor to use a different name for a button which may insert different functions into its generated scripts, not necessarily the one the button caption suggests.

Quote:
You have just transcoded a 115MB mpg to a 22MB MKV using AVISource.
Pressing a button with the text "AVISource". But executing an AviSynth script containing the function DirectShowSource().

The unnecessary detour via sample editor and WAV file shall not be a topic here; it would have been possible to process the audio stream of the MPEG file directly.

Quote:
My particular concern is having MeGUI Create an AVS Script/AVISource for Capture Formats such as Pegasus PIC Video v3 mJpeg/PCM.AVI or Huff Lossless/PCM.AVI in Win7 [64] as it works in Win7 [32].

I'm starting to think I may have to play around with the FDDShow configuration much more then I had to then in Win7 [32].
Possible. To be able to load AVIs with AviSource, a matching VfW ICM codec needs to be installed which is able to decode the video stream (FourCC 'mjpg' or 'hfyu'), that shall be ffdshow, but their VfW decoders have to be enabled in the VfW Codec Configuration of your ffdshow (Win32 installation). If not, another original VfW codec has to be installed already.

FFmpegSource2 should also be able to read MJPG/PCM or HFYU/PCM AVIs. But I remember issues with some uncompressed AVIs and the indexer...

New German Gleitz board
Old 20th February 2013, 17:35   #6964  |  Link
Weirdo

I'm trying to use vobsub.dll for creating burn-in subtitles with MeGUI from an .srt file. All good, but is there a way to access vobsub's.dll properties for changing subtitle transparency? I somehow recall this was possible. Using LoadPlugin("...VSFilter.dll") and TextSub(".srt").
Weirdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2013, 20:52   #6965  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post
When I say that the AviSynth function AviSource() can only load AVIs, neither MPGs nor FLVs, then I mean the script function. I already suggested Zathor to use a different name for a button which may insert different functions into its generated scripts, not necessarily the one the button caption suggests.
I am lost a little bit in the whole discussion. Is there still a button with the wrong name? I thought I had changed that a while ago.
Zathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2013, 21:33   #6966  |  Link
Tiny Mud

Quote:
I am lost a little bit in the whole discussion. Is there still a button with the wrong name? I thought I had changed that a while ago
Well that Button sure had me Spoofed now I know Better - Use the File Indexer Button - ROLF

After reviewing what I've written and your replies in this forum, I've come to the conclusion that MS has Written more Copy Right Protection into Win7 [64] then Win7 [32]

Very much like when we lost Recording from "What You Hear" after WinXP.

Just look at the Source Examples I've shown as to what files MeGUI can accept or not accept for Creating AVS Scripts under AviSource.

You will note a Pattern with the exception of some XviD/Audio combinations were only MicroSoft Encoders will allow MeGUI to Create AVS Scripts.

With this in mind I went about it this way.

I need a MS Capture Codec. Guess What? I resurrected "mpg4c32.dll from the Win98 Gold Edition.

Win7 [64], unlike Win7 [32], by MS Instruction doesn't permit the installation of this Codec - The Stinkers, so I installed it through CMD to System32.

I'm presently constructing a Screen Capture Utility and the Principle App will only write 1.9G's of AVI before resetting to append or corrupt AVI's if going over 1.9G's (That's why I was stuck on Merging AVI Parts through AVISource Scripts or as suggested use the File Indexer and merge a series of MKV's with MKVmerge_GUI: BUT in my opinion AVISource DSS should still work for AVI)

I'm using a VGA Monitor with the Refresh Rate set as high as possible for that Monitor. 75 to 80Hz with a 1024x768 Res should be good enough. I believe VGA Monitors have smaller pixels then LCD - Right? However, you should have descent results with a LCD as well. I also set the Screen Recorder Priority Above Normal to ensure a steady 30FPS Capture.

Here are my results: Screen Capture at 720x296 Res - 30FPS with MS-MP4 v2 Configured: VKI 1 sec - Sharpness 100% ( I think 97% would be better) and 4000Kbps (you could probably slide it right over to full capacity for Max-Bitrate as there is no way you will create an avi larger then 1.9G's unless the Flic is over 3hrs). Resulted in a 1.68G 784Kbps MS_mPeg4/44.1Hz PCM.AVI (MS-MP4 v2 / 720x296 / 30FPS / 1:49:00 (109mins) / 196217 Frames) for a PPS Movie.

MeGUI Created the AVS AVISource Script for x264 encoding.

To establish an Audio Track Volume, I 1st Encoded the Audio with MeGUI to Nero HE-AAC 64 Kbps resulting in a 50.4MB mp4 File.

My Goal; for example, is to fit a MKV on to a 703MB CD.

With a little calculation I choose a 835kbps x264 BitRate.

After 15mins of work I ended up with a 702MB MKV ;o)

I realize the 835Kbps is an over kill but I wanted to show a Desired Result and I must say it is impressive. Not too Shabby for a 1st go at it considering all the Copy Write Bull-Shit I'm discovering built into Win7 SP1 [64].

I can't believe the power of this Platform 1st Pass @ 415FPS and 2nd Pass @ 225FPS and that's using a Compressed Source. I can't wait to get that new Swift Tech H220 and perhaps a SSD.

Thanks a lot you Guys and Gals for putting up with an OLD Foggy GEEK. The argument was a success for me as I now can approach this Win7 SP1 [64] OS on the assumption if something doesn't happen the way you want, MS has Blocked it with Copy Write - That's another Story - LOL.

Been a Pleasure and Thanks again. I've learned a few more Great aspects of MeGUI.

Special Thanks to Ligh for the time taken and I will play with FDDShow VFW as I suspected.
You will have to forgive me as it's kinda in my nature to Egg when I know someone has something to teach me - I'm an addicted learner. VFW Decoders Enable Huffyuv and mJpeg - Right? (The File Indexer is just too easy)I'll be back writing AVS Merge Scripts in no time ;o)

By the way my 2nd attempt using MS MP4 v2 for Screen Capture yield a 1420Kbps 1.74G 720x392 30FPS 158,412 Frame 1:28:00 Hr Mpeg4/PCM.avi as a Source File to do whatever I want with - Trans code to AVC or say make a DVD. I'm impressed.

PS:
You Guys on Doom9 are the BEST - I'll be back when I beat this DVD Format and get into HD ;o)

Last edited by Tiny Mud; 21st February 2013 at 06:39.
Old 20th February 2013, 21:45   #6967  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morku View Post
Here my log.

EDIT: I tried to reproduce the problem. Same video, same settings, version 2297, but now the final video is correct. Maybe the reason was, I added the job in 2296 and started with 2297. Who knows.
Please try 2300.
Zathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2013, 00:04   #6968  |  Link
Morku

Everything fine with my example.
I will tell, if I get a problem again.
Attached Files
File Type: txt logfile-13-02-20_22-42-42.txt (25.6 KB, 53 views)
Morku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2013, 08:15   #6969  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Resurrecting MS-MPG4, the non-ISO-compliant crap... and happily riding a dead horse?!

Why not using Xvid with real-time template and CQ 2 or 3?

New German Gleitz board
Old 21st February 2013, 11:18   #6970  |  Link
Tiny Mud

OK

But I was basically testing out Zathor's AVISource Button and Win7 [64] Copy-Write issues.
So far I'm on the right track.

I loaded DivX Codec and Web Player on FF and was astonished the WAR over mPeg4 DS Filters is still on going.

I don't know if it's the latest version of DivX or what but when the DivX Codec is loaded Win7 [64] relinquishes it's ability to Decode DivX Encoded mPeg4. Win7 [64] will not even play DivX Encoded mPeg4 when you UN-Register the DivX the DS Filters if DivX is installed. You have to UN-Install DivX in order for Windows regain it's ability to Decode DivX mPeg4. Win7 [32] does not behave this way as you can UN-Register the DivX Direct Show Filters with DivX installed and Window Native Decoder will take over.

Geez - The Crap User's have to put up with. The only reason I loaded DivX was for the Encoder and Web Player - NOT have DivX lay claim to the Dead Horse MS-MP4 v2 which they stole to begin with.

You can tell this is my 1st time loading Win7 [64]

I made a Fantastic MKV and DVD from that 1420Kbps 1.74G 720x392 Dead Horse file.

Last edited by Tiny Mud; 21st February 2013 at 11:21.
Old 21st February 2013, 11:55   #6971  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

You make me crazy with this "mPeg" formatting of the "MPEG = Motion Picture Expert Group" (all uppercase)...
__

DirectShow filters and their merits are a complex issue. Even more because Windows 7 already handles DirectShow as "deprecated" and prefers Media Foundation decoders in their own media players, until you use the Preferred Filter Tweaker for Windows 7 and 8 to overrule Microsoft.

And then you have the 64 bit version, and 32 bit players will use a different set of decoders than 64 bit players.

The safer way is to use players which prefer their own, integrated decoders; VLC will use its internals only, MPC-HC has an option to disable internals and use DirectShow as alternative.

And DivX ... well. DivX is commercial. DivX is interested in being preferred. It may decide without telling you.

Xvid is interested in being accepted and convenient. It will respect your decision. It will offer itself as solution, but leave the choices to you. And it is free of charge with full features, even more than DivX.

New German Gleitz board
Old 21st February 2013, 15:19   #6972  |  Link
Tiny Mud

I have always preferred XviD myself.

I have thousands of 320x240 Xvid/Ogg.ogm - I got hooked with an ATi Tv-Wonder Full version PCI with Stereo running 95B capturing Music Videos and Movies on TV. I still use it in my Win7 [32] platform. you can't beat VirtualDub for Capturing but ATV2000 can do almost as well with a nice TV interface. WinDVR does nice mPeg2.AC3.mpg captures. I actually preferred the Intervideo mPeg2 Video Decoder over most including the MS Versions when they finally decided to let us have one. I've made concoctions of Video formats over the years.

I did do that XviD unrestricted Single Pass Q2 Real Time Screen Capture and it worked real nice giving me a 1035Kbps @ 720x296 Res. It rang a Bell because I've used it in the past to no use as my Platforms were never fast enough - I got KRAFT disease. The Capture Volume is almost identical to the MS MP4 v2 but I noticed that the Rate was much more consistent then the OLD Horse.

Zathor's AVISource Button will Crash MeGUI if I attempt to create an AVS Script with that Xvid/PCM.avi (Still working on FDDShow to get it working) any ways you Guys want me to click the File Indexing button. Well it's too easy and besides I'm really getting into this war between MS and Other's over DSS. So what MS has contained and renamed it Media Foundation, it's still a sneaky marketing ploy that makes it difficult to understand why something worked yesterday and not today - I don't think I can trust the MS Update Site anymore. I've never used the MicroSoft Media Center nor MPlayer for that matter. About the only thing I assign to that marketing device is to play DVD's and then I kinda skipped CD's and DVD's when I got a Cyrix 386DX-40 that could do Direct Draw One Pixel at a time. Those where the days of BBC, IRC (It's still around) and Net Meeting with lots of Rooms Free of CRAP. I got into DX Big Time when it was in development. I would lock myself in a room with a computer for weeks. I finally got off it when I saw DX3 was actually taking off then hid myself from MicroSoft.

I've been using a Dos Boot Disc and DOS GHOST.EXE since 95B and still use it, sometimes 3 or 4 times a day when thrashing the OS to track down the culprit that won't let me do my thing.

The Joy's of being an Old Geek.

Last edited by Tiny Mud; 21st February 2013 at 16:09.
Old 21st February 2013, 16:02   #6973  |  Link
Kurtnoise
Swallowed in the Sea

So, what's your point exactly ?

AVISource requires VFW interface...you have to enable xvid & pcm in the vfw decoder settings.

Last edited by Kurtnoise; 21st February 2013 at 16:04.
Kurtnoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2013, 16:07   #6974  |  Link
Tiny Mud

Geez - PCM that's what I forgot - Thanks ;o)

You pulling my leg, I don't see no PCM in there.

Now I dropped my cup on the Keyboard - lol

One thing I do note is that with the ffindex and avi.avs file present after running File Indexer clicking on the AVISource Button will open the AviSynth script creator for ffm2. Wolla AviSynth ;o)

QUESTION: Can I Edit the FFVideoSource Script as if it where an AVISource or DirectShowSource for VFW? Like for MERGING a string of AVI's for a single x264 Enc without having to use MKVmerge_GUI.

It's probably a DUMP Question but I need a Definite YES of NO so I can let go of it.

You got to remember I'm OLD, grew up on DOS and Scripting Fortran which I can't remember anymore because I'm OLD.

Last edited by Tiny Mud; 21st February 2013 at 16:51.
Old 21st February 2013, 16:22   #6975  |  Link
Kurtnoise
Swallowed in the Sea

LPCM and/or Uncompressed...
Old 21st February 2013, 16:31   #6976  |  Link
soehest

So testing out 2296 i found this odd thing. This is not a bug but more the gui not showing the configured settings. A new install selecting a source will bring up this window:

As shown only 1 sub has been selected. The odd thing is that the encoded file will include all available subs. This is probably as the underlying language setting is to include all languages if a match is not found. It is IMHO confusing especially for new users why all the subs will be included when only 1 sub has been selected. Hope this makes any sense :-)

Mediainfo of file encoded:
Code:
General
Unique ID                                : 233775660285025947874318091647834555058 (0xAFDF8DEFDB7C4491A79C32C1217A82B2)
Complete name                            : D:\rip\NORDKRAFT\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1_2.mkv
Format                                   : Matroska
Format version                           : Version 4 / Version 2
File size                                : 1.10 GiB
Duration                                 : 2h 5mn
Overall bit rate                         : 1 254 Kbps
Encoded date                             : UTC 2013-02-21 14:57:53
Writing application                      : mkvmerge v6.0.0 ('Coming Up For Air') built on Jan 20 2013 09:52:00
Writing library                          : libebml v1.3.0 + libmatroska v1.4.0

Video
ID                                       : 1
Format                                   : AVC
Format/Info                              : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile                           : High@L3.0
Format settings, CABAC                   : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames                : 4 frames
Codec ID                                 : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Bit rate                                 : 781 Kbps
Width                                    : 720 pixels
Height                                   : 304 pixels
Display aspect ratio                     : 2.35:1
Frame rate mode                          : Constant
Frame rate                               : 25.000 fps
Color space                              : YUV
Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0
Bit depth                                : 8 bits
Scan type                                : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.143
Stream size                              : 699 MiB (62%)
Writing library                          : x264 core 129 r2245 bc13772
Encoding settings                        : cabac=1 / ref=3 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=hex / subme=7 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=12 / lookahead_threads=2 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=1 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=25 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=40 / rc=crf / mbtree=1 / crf=20.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00
Default                                  : Yes
Forced                                   : No

Audio
ID                                       : 2
Format                                   : AC-3
Format/Info                              : Audio Coding 3
Mode extension                           : CM (complete main)
Format settings, Endianness              : Big
Codec ID                                 : A_AC3
Bit rate mode                            : Constant
Bit rate                                 : 448 Kbps
Channel(s)                               : 6 channels
Channel positions                        : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate                            : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth                                : 16 bits
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Stream size                              : 401 MiB (36%)
Language                                 : Danish
Default                                  : Yes

Text #1
ID                                       : 3
Format                                   : VobSub
Muxing mode                              : zlib
Codec ID                                 : S_VOBSUB
Codec ID/Info                            : The same subtitle format used on DVDs
Language                                 : Danish
Default                                  : No

Text #2
ID                                       : 4
Codec ID/Info                            : The same subtitle format used on DVDs
Language                                 : Finnish

Text #3
ID                                       : 5
Language                                 : Norwegian

Text #4
ID                                       : 6
Language                                 : Swedish

Text #5
ID                                       : 7
Language                                 : English

Text #6
ID                                       : 8
Language                                 : English

Menu
00:00:00.000                             : en:Chapter 01
00:04:39.840                             : en:Chapter 02
00:08:23.000                             : en:Chapter 03
00:11:44.400                             : en:Chapter 04
00:16:06.400                             : en:Chapter 05
00:17:45.000                             : en:Chapter 06
00:25:09.280                             : en:Chapter 07
00:30:45.000                             : en:Chapter 08
00:37:30.600                             : en:Chapter 09
00:44:47.840                             : en:Chapter 10
00:46:16.720                             : en:Chapter 11
00:49:40.920                             : en:Chapter 12
00:56:35.160                             : en:Chapter 13
00:59:21.480                             : en:Chapter 14
01:02:14.400                             : en:Chapter 15
01:09:24.360                             : en:Chapter 16
01:15:31.960                             : en:Chapter 17
01:22:57.880                             : en:Chapter 18
01:24:12.320                             : en:Chapter 19
01:29:13.200                             : en:Chapter 20
01:36:09.000                             : en:Chapter 21
01:37:10.240                             : en:Chapter 22
01:40:19.680                             : en:Chapter 23
01:41:30.120                             : en:Chapter 24
01:47:20.160                             : en:Chapter 25
01:50:34.120                             : en:Chapter 26
01:56:13.160                             : en:Chapter 27
02:00:39.480                             : en:Chapter 28
02:05:02.000                             : en:Chapter 29
Off topic: I saw that someone is including logs etc as attachment. Is this preferred over putting stuff in code tags as i do?

Best Regards

Last edited by soehest; 21st February 2013 at 16:35.
soehest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2013, 18:59   #6977  |  Link
Tiny Mud

Well KurtNoise:

I've Enabled, Disabled and Toggled FFDShow Filters until I'm Blue.

Specifically various combinations of LPCM and or Uncompressed in Audio Decoders Config and Xvid in VFW and Video Decoders Config and MeGUI Crashes with every combination when clicking Zathor's Crash, I mean AVISource, Button.

It will only respond to MS mPeg4/PCM.AVI encoded AVI's. keep in mind the AVISource Button also responds to the following on my Win7 [64] System:

MS mPeg4/MP3.AVI

MS mPeg4(v2)/AC3.AVI

XviD mPeg4/AC3.AVI

DivX mPeg4/Vorbis-Ogg.OGM

and needles to say the least: Sorenson Spark FLV-1/MP3.FLV

Notice the system is Protecting PCM Specifically for MS mPeg4 encoded AVI's.

With all this Ownership Copy-Write Crap over DS mPeg4 between MS and DivX I bet if I Un-Install DivX Win7 [64] will recognize Xvid/PCM.AVI as Free Agent.

Man did MS do a number on this Win7 [64]. Win7 [32] is a charm to work with.

I got to say I love Win7 [64] especially running on the platform I just bought ASUS P8Z68-V Pro Gen3, i7 2700K with 16 G's a Sampsung Green - It's just begging to be unleashed with a Swift Tech H220 and an SSD but I've got to get the OS down pat before I go further and believe it or not every other app is working perfectly an it's heavily loaded.

The one main thing I did want is AVS Scripting for mJpeg/PCM, Huffyuv/PCM and XviD/PCM AVI's and that I do NOT have as of yet and I've messing around with it for days.

My next step is to get rid of DivX.

Last edited by Tiny Mud; 21st February 2013 at 19:25.
Old 22nd February 2013, 08:25   #6978  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Which version of MeGUI do you use, at all? With the current 2230, I get the following result in the File Indexer:

a) If I open a *.avi, the rightmost button is named "AviSource".
b) If I open anything else, the rightmost button is named "DirectShowSource".

But always, the explanation above warns me: "... (manual, expert, may cause problems)?"

There is no similar warning for the second, the "File Indexer"; so I wonder why this was not your preferred choice.

Both VfW and DirectShow have a system of preference or hierarchy. You can configure both systems separately (partially in the decoders by disabling support for specific FourCCs, partially by manually fixing assignments or – for DirectShow – tweaking Merits).

You can set it up so that either the DivX VfW codec or the Xvid VfW codec or the ffdshow VfW codec is preferred to decode Xvid in AVIs when using AviSource() in a script.
You can set it up so that either the DivX DShow filter or the Xvid DShow filter or the ffdshow DShow filter is preferred to decode Xvid in any container when using DirectShowSource() in a script.

But if you use the File Indexer and FFmpegSource2, you will be certain that neither VfW nor DirectShow will be used, only the libav decoders in FFMS2.

New German Gleitz board
Old 22nd February 2013, 16:10   #6979  |  Link
LeXXuz
21 years and counting...

I have a question regarding the Chapter Creator.

Until now I used Chapter Grabber to create keyframe lists (qp files for x264) from time-code based chapter files.

It seems the Chapter Creator supports writing qp files from imported time-code based chapter files. However, I can't find a way to set the proper fps value. Do I miss something here?
LeXXuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2013, 18:16   #6980  |  Link
Kurtnoise
Swallowed in the Sea

@LeXXuz : why do you want to set frame rate ? qp files don't have such thing...

@soehest : cannot reproduce this on my side...beside, your screenshot mentions VTS_01_1.mkv output file whereas MediaInfo reports VTS_01_1_2.mkv as filename.

Tags
megui