Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

 

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Development

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21st March 2012, 02:10   #11  |  Link
SAPikachu
Registered User
 
SAPikachu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbristow View Post
It turns out I had a copy of avisynth.dll sitting in the live AVIsynth *plugins* directory! MP_Pipeline was finding and using that, rather than the one in SysWOW64. After removing/renaming the one in plugins, MP_Pipeline picks up the same version as Virtualdub, and when I replaced that with the (more efficient) version I'd found in plugins, both Virtualdub and MP_Pipeline pick up the new version. So, everything is consistent now, I just need to settle on which version I should be running.

I'd suggest adding a note to your documentation for MP_Pipeline (if it isn't one there already) about the mechanism it uses to locate avisynth.dll, and the possible pitfalls if multiple versions exist on the system.

Anyway, now I've got that sorted out, I'll start testing MP_Pipeline again. I have to say, so far it's been the least troublesome multi-processing technique I've tried, especially where a mix of temporal and spatial filters are being used and/or multiple sources files need parallel processing (e.g. to compare the results of multiple test runs).

(BTW, No I wasn't using "### prefetch". Might try that next, after I've re-run the last batch of tests with my new, 100% less insane AVIsynth installation! )
MP_Pipeline depend on Windows to load avisynth.dll for it, it won't do anything special. You have a risk if you don't install avisynth.dll into system folder anyways...

So you have already found out that the performance issue was not due to the script. Just a suggestion, I think you can try using it together with ### branch and ### prefetch, that can make the script even more parallel and should have greater speed improvement.
__________________
f3kdb 1.5.1 / MP_Pipeline 0.18

ffms2 builds with 10bit output hack:
libav-9a60b1f / ffmpeg-1e4d049 / FFmbc-0.7.1
Built from ffms2 6e0d654 (hack a9fe004)

Mirrors: http://bit.ly/19TwDD3
SAPikachu is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Tags
avisynth, multi-process, pipeline

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 00:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.