Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 20th November 2008, 23:28   #3061  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
how do you explain the existance of a level5.1
Here is your homework
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H.264#Levels
Happy now?
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2008, 00:04   #3062  |  Link
jamd1

Updates keep coming and program is getting better - Not sure if you have noticed this before but sometimes ripbot incorrectly detects a bluray video stream to be 25 fps instead of 23.976. This has happened on several movies when adding from bluray structure. 2 movies that I can remember the problem with are "godfather 1" and "Don't mess with the Zohan". Obviously this results in a very out of sync movie. I t can be corrected by editing the tsmuxer.meta file but this produces a bit of video garbage after the movie for a few minutes. With Godfather 1 I remuxed the movie with Tsmuxer and added the stream to ripbot outside of the bluray structure and it did detect the correct fps.
Thx for all the recent improvements.
jamd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2008, 00:06   #3063  |  Link
asarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggy1 View Post
Actually, there are two max for level 4.0.

Baseline/Main @ L4.0 -> max 20 Mbps
High @ L4.0 -> max 25 Mbps

and do you really think you will see a huge difference between encoding @ 20 Mbps and 50 Mbps ?

Even the BBC and their high-quality 1080p content is encoded only at 18 Mbps IIRC
It's not a question of whether or not you'll see the difference. Atak presented the change to 4.0 as merely a formality, whereas it has real bitrate consequences (as I pointed out in an earlier post in this thread).

Also, many BD content reaches up to 30Mbps or more.
And even with my custom-rolled CRF=16 'extremely high' Blu-Ray profile, it's not uncommon to see bitrates well over 20Mbps. So, I still say the decision to go to L4.0 was a questionable one. It's one of the reasons I'm still using 1.10.5, btw.
Old 21st November 2008, 00:09   #3064  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Updates keep coming and program is getting better - Not sure if you have noticed this before but sometimes ripbot incorrectly detects a bluray video stream to be 25 fps instead of 23.976.
inform madshi about this problem. He is responsible for eac3to tool. Send him sample 50 MB. http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=125966

Quote:
Obviously this results in a very out of sync movie. I t can be corrected by editing the tsmuxer.meta
Did you try AssumeFPS -> 23.976 in gui?? Don't forget to set in a/v same length CUT This should remove garbage at the end of movie.

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 21st November 2008 at 00:13.
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2008, 01:37   #3065  |  Link
nwg

Hi.

Is it possible that Ripbot could work with Blu Ray sup files rather than having to convert them to srt first?
nwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2008, 01:43   #3066  |  Link
poisondeathray

Quote:
Originally Posted by asarian View Post
It's not a question of whether or not you'll see the difference. Atak presented the change to 4.0 as merely a formality, whereas it has real bitrate consequences (as I pointed out in an earlier post in this thread).

Also, many BD content reaches up to 30Mbps or more.
And even with my custom-rolled CRF=16 'extremely high' Blu-Ray profile, it's not uncommon to see bitrates well over 20Mbps. So, I still say the decision to go to L4.0 was a questionable one. It's one of the reasons I'm still using 1.10.5, btw.
Even if this is true, why don't you just change it if you prefer 4.1? You don't have to use the exact profile, you can customize as you see fit

It takes <5seconds to do this.
poisondeathray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2008, 02:00   #3067  |  Link
Ajax_Undone
I dont care so should you

Maybe a custom profile builder would be great...
Old 21st November 2008, 02:13   #3068  |  Link
poisondeathray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax_Undone View Post
When you use the normal version (not installer), you can make your own profile in the profile directory. It's a simple text file.

I just made a

[ level 4.1 ] HD . BluRay . Consoles.txt

profile and changed around a few parameters. While mediainfo reports the changes as correct on the encoded file, I am unsure if the mechanics of ripbot "see" theses changes and passthrough to the actual encode.

EDIT: I examined the logs, and it appears that the changes were passed through. Perhaps Atak can confirm/refute this ?

Last edited by poisondeathray; 21st November 2008 at 02:26.
Old 21st November 2008, 03:04   #3069  |  Link
DeareN

Hello, I have just installed ripbot 1.11.4 and it stucks when I open an mkv file. In the beggining it also says failed to set data for mjpg.
I have the 1.11 version also and it loads the mkvs. I erased them both and tried seperetely and only version 1.11 works.
My 1.11.4 stucks also on blu-rays, it immediately opens windows media player and I get the message Directshowsourse: couldn't open file f:\temp\ripbotemp etc mkv file.
I don't know what to do and I need the version 1.11.4 because with 1.11 I face the common problem in the first two minutes of a film.
Thank you Atak for this great job anyway, I already try to find what causes this in my 1.11.4, I use vista ultimate, not an uac issue I suppose(version 1.11.0 works very well).

P.S when you burn an avchd disc, you write the hole 0000.bluray folder or the bdmv folder without the certificate folder?

Last edited by DeareN; 21st November 2008 at 03:33.
DeareN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2008, 03:52   #3070  |  Link
Ajax_Undone

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
When you use the normal version (not installer), you can make your own profile in the profile directory. It's a simple text file.
Oh my gosh I didn't know that. ***Sarcasm

I meant one for ease and one with info on particular settings..

Quote:
I just made a

profile and changed around a few parameters. While mediainfo reports the changes as correct on the encoded file, I am unsure if the mechanics of ripbot "see" theses changes and passthrough to the actual encode.

EDIT: I examined the logs, and it appears that the changes were passed through. Perhaps Atak can confirm/refute this ?
No one is going to try to refute this! Its not impossible but it is not compatible with all hardware! This is Ataks intention.

You can create your own profiles and enjoy. Just don't try to force them on the developer who is seeking compatibility rather then unification to one type player...

Ripbot is only a front end you can just use a standard command line with any program in the tools directory. No one forces you to use it...

So dude please stop trying to make people mad...
Old 21st November 2008, 03:58   #3071  |  Link
poisondeathray

Quote:

I meant one for ease and one with info on particular settings..

No one is going to try to refute this! Its not impossible but it is not compatible with all hardware! This is Ataks intention.

You can create your own profiles and enjoy. Just don't try to force them on the developer who is seeking compatibility rather then unification to one type player...

Ripbot is only a front end you can just use a standard command line with any program in the tools directory. No one forces you to use it...

So dude please stop trying to make people mad...
Sorry dude, chill.

I was honestly trying to be helpful to one of the posts. If you read my previous post #3066 I said you can create your own profiles - in fact I suggested it, not to Atak, but to the person who wanted Atak to implement it! I suggested it such that Atak would NOT have to do any more work.

Sorry if you misinterpreted me...I actually think ripbot is nice becaues of the clean tidy interface. I don't want a zillion buttons to mess up the gui.
Old 21st November 2008, 04:10   #3072  |  Link
asarian

Quote:
Sorry dude, chill.

I was honestly trying to be helpful to one of the posts. If you read my previous post #3066 I said you can create your own profiles - in fact I suggested it, not to Atak, but to the person who wanted Atak to implement it!
That person, being yours truly, actually put no such question to Atak. I just frowned a bit at Atak's decision to downgrade to L4.0, is all.
Old 21st November 2008, 04:14   #3073  |  Link
poisondeathray

Quote:
That person, being yours truly, actually put no such question to Atak. I just frowned a bit at Atak's decision to downgrade to L4.0, is all.
OK sorry for misinterpreting you then, asarian, please disregard my observations then!

Cheers
Old 21st November 2008, 04:16   #3074  |  Link
Ajax_Undone

Sorry! its that you sounded so condescending.
Quote:
It's a simple text file.
Old 21st November 2008, 04:20   #3075  |  Link
poisondeathray

Sorry Ajax, I didn't mean any condescending tones, it was more of an observation on my part.

Cheers
Old 21st November 2008, 04:37   #3076  |  Link
asarian

Quote:
You can also turn this around: Blu-Ray compatible hardware/software is required, by definition, to support High Profile Level 4.1. So, if there's a player out there that can't, or won't comply, I'd say that's their problem.

Quote:
Just don't try to force them on the developer who is seeking compatibility rather then unification to one type player...
I think ere the opposite is true: way I understood it, there's exactly 1 player that apparently can't do the High 4.1 level and 'forced' Atak to downgraded to L4.0.

Quote:
I just made a

I actually consider your findings useful. :) All too often, like with certain .mkv files, you'll see people just changed the header to set a level (obviously, you can't 'fake' a 5.1 level to play like a 4.1 one, but I've seen headers that are manually set to 4.1, whereas it's really just 4.0). So, it's good to hear the changes are real, and not just cosmetic. I'm curious, though, have you also confirmed that the bitrate on L4.0 profile never goes over 25Mbps?

Quote:
So dude please stop trying to make people mad...:rolleyes:
I see no reason for anyone to get upset, really; a little clarification never hurt anyone. :)
Old 21st November 2008, 04:53   #3077  |  Link
asarian

Quote:
Or simply adding a few extra 'super-high' Profiles would be nice, too. A particular one I'm using, for instance, is having "CRF=16", "MotionEstimationAlgorithm=4 - ESA", and "SubpixelRefinement=7 - RDO level 2" for that extra, extra quality. :) A custom profile builder in which you could pick such options and roll your own would be handy, for sure, but is probably a somewhat tedious job writing.
Old 21st November 2008, 04:58   #3078  |  Link
poisondeathray

Quote:

I actually consider your findings useful. All too often, like with certain .mkv files, you'll see people just changed the header to set a level (obviously, you can't 'fake' a 5.1 level to play like a 4.1 one, but I've seen headers that are manually set to 4.1, whereas it's really just 4.0). So, it's good to hear the changes are real, and not just cosmetic. I'm curious, though, have you also confirmed that the bitrate on L4.0 profile never goes over 25Mbps?
Hi, I did check on a few samples with a stream analyser before, but that is by no means an exhautive list, so I can't say "never" goes over
Old 21st November 2008, 05:09   #3079  |  Link
asarian

Quote:
Hi, I did check on a few samples with a stream analyser before, but that is by no means an exhautive list, so I can't say "never" goes over
Well, now that latest ffdshow issues seem resolved with the latest versions of RipBot264, I'll try a test myself tomorrow with an 'insanely high' Profile. :) Cuz now I'm too curious not to find out.
Old 21st November 2008, 05:17   #3080  |  Link
Ajax_Undone

asarian Poison

I will be happy to include profiles that you make as custom in the installer.

Just make them and upload them. Just as simple as that.

As far as Atak I don't know. It would be nice but he is aiming for simplicity...

And asarian there are people who purchased some hardware/software at some amazingly high prices when bluray was released you can't hold it against them for making the cheaper choice w/o options...

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360