Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 17th November 2010, 21:47   #101  |  Link
Vertigooo

Hi Pistacho

Reporting a bug :

When opening the BDMV folder, the playlist selection window opens with only one mpls file (00000.mpls) containing two m2ts files (00000.m2ts and 00017.m2ts) (odd behaviour)
When clicking on the "proceed" button, only the VC1 video is detected, no audio

The solution is to open directly the 00000.m2ts file.
The 00017.m2ts duration is only one second, black screen with no audio.

Data from mediainfo :

Général
Nom complet : G:\IMMORTEL\BDMV\PLAYLIST\00000.mpls
Format : Blu-ray Playlist
Taille du fichier : 476 Octets
Durée : 1h 56mn
Débit global moyen : 0

Vidéo #1
ID : 4113 (0x1011)
ID de menu : 1 (0x1)
Format : VC-1
Profil du format : AP@L3
Identifiant du codec : 234
Durée : 1s 0ms
Largeur : 1 920 pixels
Hauteur : 1 080 pixels
Format à l'écran : 16/9
Images par seconde : 24,000 Im/s
Sous-échantillonnage de la chrom : 4:2:0
Profondeur des couleurs : 8 bits
Type d'image : Progressif
Source : 00017.m2ts

Vidéo #2
ID : 4113 (0x1011)
Format : VC-1
Largeur : 1 920 pixels
Hauteur : 1 080 pixels
Format à l'écran : 16/9
Images par seconde : 24,000 Im/s

Audio
ID : 4352 (0x1100)
Format : DTS
Format/Info : Digital Theater Systems
Profil du format : MA
Echantillonnage : 48,0 KHz
Langue : Français

Menu
00:00:00.000 : Chapter 1
00:11:11.791 : Chapter 2
00:21:22.875 : Chapter 3
00:30:20.833 : Chapter 4
00:40:31.041 : Chapter 5
00:52:34.458 : Chapter 6
01:01:41.291 : Chapter 7
01:11:15.916 : Chapter 8
01:20:46.125 : Chapter 9
01:30:00.083 : Chapter 10
01:41:22.041 : Chapter 11
01:51:52.541 : Chapter 12
Old 22nd November 2010, 07:24   #102  |  Link
thewonderer

Hi,

Just some feedback....

Before the encoding and muxing starts, can you get your program to do a check for free space? My temp drive didn't have enough space and the app crashed.

In the GUI, would it be possible to show a estimated countdown on the current process and also a clearer indication of what the app is currently processing (at present its easy to miss it in the queue window).

Many thanks!
thewonderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2010, 17:00   #103  |  Link
pistacho

New version 1.2.3

Changelog
  • New: Settings to select the font type, size and color of subtitles when converting from MKV (conversion from SRT to PGS).
  • Fixed: Subtitles come out too small when convert from MKV.
  • x264 updated to version r1804.

Wildfire: If you try it, can you tell if the MKV subtitles is better now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertigooo View Post
Hi Pistacho
Reporting a bug :

When opening the BDMV folder, the playlist selection window opens with only one mpls file (00000.mpls) containing two m2ts files (00000.m2ts and 00017.m2ts) (odd behaviour)

Thanks for commenting on the problem. It seems a very special case, for me no reason for that m2ts file with a one second of blank video at end. If I see a BD like this look for a solution that will not fail... will surely have more BD's like this.

Last edited by pistacho; 5th December 2010 at 17:35.
pistacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2010, 22:01   #104  |  Link
Wildfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistacho View Post
New version 1.2.3

Changelog
  • New: Settings to select the font type, size and color of subtitles when converting from MKV (conversion from SRT to PGS).
  • Fixed: Subtitles come out too small when convert from MKV.
  • x264 updated to version r1804.

Wildfire: If you try it, can you tell if the MKV subtitles is better now
Thanks pistacho! Luckily, I still have the MKV which I first had problems with (Knight and Day). I'll have it encode this night and see tomorrow if the subs now are normally sized. I'll let you know, of course.
Wildfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2010, 09:54   #105  |  Link
Wildfire

And here I am again

I just tried the new AVCHD. I loaded it up and tried it with PowerDVD -- and yes, now I have normally sized subs again! Thanks!
Wildfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2010, 19:37   #106  |  Link
subair37

Hi

I love this programme, i try to convert a mkv file a blu ray rip when i try to play with vlc player i can see subttitles, but when i load this mkv file to this software there is no subttitles how can i resolve this is this because subs are embedded ones in mkv or please help...........

I think the subs are muxed in to the mkv, when i load the mkv to BDAVCHD subs are not listed but obviously it is there when u play with vlc player or load mkv to a convertxtodvd4 programme, so how can i get my subs when i load on to BDtoAVCHD and get subs to my output AVCHD DVD5 file.............

Last edited by subair37; 9th December 2010 at 08:01.
subair37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2010, 18:21   #107  |  Link
Mr. Monte

subair37, are you using mplayer?
I thought I read subtitles for MKV's do not work..not sure though
Mr. Monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2010, 18:56   #108  |  Link
pistacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by subair37 View Post
Hi

I love this programme, i try to convert a mkv file a blu ray rip when i try to play with vlc player i can see subttitles, but when i load this mkv file to this software there is no subttitles how can i resolve this is this because subs are embedded ones in mkv or please help...........

I think the subs are muxed in to the mkv, when i load the mkv to BDAVCHD subs are not listed but obviously it is there when u play with vlc player or load mkv to a convertxtodvd4 programme, so how can i get my subs when i load on to BDtoAVCHD and get subs to my output AVCHD DVD5 file.............

MKV can contain many different types of subtitles (ASS, SRT (UTF-8), PGS,...). BDtoAVCHD only recognizes the supported formats by tsMuxer, namely: SRT (UTF-8) and PGS.

The problem I had before was that the SRT come out small and this is solved... but all other formats other than SRT or PGS will not be recognized because the tsMuxer does not support them
Old 10th December 2010, 21:54   #109  |  Link
subair37

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistacho View Post
MKV can contain many different types of subtitles (ASS, SRT (UTF-8), PGS,...). BDtoAVCHD only recognizes the supported formats by tsMuxer, namely: SRT (UTF-8) and PGS.

The problem I had before was that the SRT come out small and this is solved... but all other formats other than SRT or PGS will not be recognized because the tsMuxer does not support them
But the actual subtttiles are embedded in mkv file which means it is a single mkv file and u casn see them when u play using VLC player

I sorted my issue the actual problem was under settings no subttitles was ticked, so i un check it sorted the issue , now the another problem is my laptop shuts down in the night self when i leave it on for encoding using this software i select x264 slow preset but what i found in the morning is my laptop was shutdown then i have to power on login again to start endoing,My laptop is Aus Win 7 64 bit operating system.Please hellp how can i sort this out.......................

Last edited by subair37; 12th December 2010 at 19:35.
Old 14th December 2010, 18:09   #110  |  Link
whipdancer

Quote:
But the actual subtttiles are embedded in mkv file which means it is a single mkv file and u casn see them when u play using VLC player

I sorted my issue the actual problem was under settings no subttitles was ticked, so i un check it sorted the issue , now the another problem is my laptop shuts down in the night self when i leave it on for encoding using this software i select x264 slow preset but what i found in the morning is my laptop was shutdown then i have to power on login again to start endoing,My laptop is Aus Win 7 64 bit operating system.Please hellp how can i sort this out.......................
Check your power settings. Make sure you set them to never turn off while plugged in.

Control Panel > Power Options

You should see an option for "High Performance" and a link to "Change plan settings" next to it. Go to "Change plan settings' and make sure that the option for "Put the computer to sleep:" is "Never".
whipdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2010, 17:18   #111  |  Link
jethro

I like this program interface. It so simple, yet effective. Much simpler than MultiAVCHD mess. Great Job!
Feature Request: External Subtitles please.
jethro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2010, 22:53   #112  |  Link
Fuso

The program is great, but i want to resize some movies to 720p... Is there any way to do that...?
Fuso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2010, 08:09   #113  |  Link
subair37

I try to convert a 6.55GB mkv file to AVCHD.I set audio to Untouched dts preferred media to DVD9 bit rate only come up as 4306 cause i select untouchec audio dts but the final out put file i got only 3.84GB a dvd5 size i want the out put as DVD9 but i am not getting it ........Also when i try to write this on to a disk my DVD Fab program crashes ..................

I have used u r BDtoAVCHD programe few time b4 and successfully converted mkv to DVD5 got write to my DVD5 disc using DVD Fab Platinum software but this time seems all problems.

Output file net getting in dvd9 size

try to write the 3.84output file programme crashes...........

Please help me mate........craying out loud............

Last edited by subair37; 23rd December 2010 at 14:39.
Old 3rd January 2011, 14:32   #114  |  Link
pistacho

New year and new version!

Version 1.3.0 (01/03/2011)
  • New: The "scan bitrates" detects if the normal subtitle tracks also contain mixed forced subtitles.
  • New: Ability to extract only the forced subtitles when they are on the same track as normal subtitles.
  • New: Installation includes BDSup2Sub v4.0.0 program.
  • Fixed: Conversion fails if the source video is 720p/50.000fps (converting MKV to AVCHD.)
  • Improved: It shows eac3to progress in the GUI, not show CMD window and run all eac3to relative operations with one-time.
  • Improved: The progress indicator in the GUI with a single progress bar, but shows a more detailed description of each step.
  • New: Option "Debug Mode (show CMD windows)". Shows the windows command line for all processes.
  • Improved: In Blu-Ray's with the main .m2ts in several parts now always use the largest part for determining the content of the tracks.
  • x264 updated to revision r1834.
  • Small fixes and general improvements.

Notice: From this version you must have Java installed (no included) as used by the BDSup2Sub program included in the installation.

This is what we'll see if there are forced subtitles mixed with normal ones:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethro View Post
I like this program interface. It so simple, yet effective. Much simpler than MultiAVCHD mess. Great Job!
Feature Request: External Subtitles please.
I add to the list of things to do (it will be soon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuso View Post
The program is great, but i want to resize some movies to 720p... Is there any way to do that...?
At the moment it is not possible but I have it on the list of things to do...
Old 3rd January 2011, 18:51   #115  |  Link
pistacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertigooo View Post
Hi Pistacho
Reporting a bug :

It is very possible that the new version also fix this and other (rare) cases like it

Last edited by pistacho; 3rd January 2011 at 18:53.
Old 3rd January 2011, 19:17   #116  |  Link
pistacho

Quote:
I try to convert a 6.55GB mkv file to AVCHD.I set audio to Untouched dts preferred media to DVD9 bit rate only come up as 4306 cause i select untouchec audio dts but the final out put file i got only 3.84GB a dvd5 size i want the out put as DVD9 but i am not getting it ........Also when i try to write this on to a disk my DVD Fab program crashes ..................

I have used u r BDtoAVCHD programe few time b4 and successfully converted mkv to DVD5 got write to my DVD5 disc using DVD Fab Platinum software but this time seems all problems.

Output file net getting in dvd9 size

try to write the 3.84output file programme crashes...........

Please help me mate........craying out loud............

Surely it is a specific problem with this particular MKV file. Anyway, I recommend that you always use ImgBurn to burn BDtoAVCHD output to the disks.

On the other hand does not make much sense to want to convert a 6.55 GB MKV to 8.5 GB. (For make it bigger than the original will not get more quality.)
Old 8th January 2011, 03:04   #117  |  Link
thewonderer

thanks for all your efforts. Appreciate the updates and hardwork.

could this app become the dvdshrink (- the ripping) of bluray re-encoding?...
thewonderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2011, 16:56   #118  |  Link
pistacho

New version that fixes a bug in the previous version and add progress indicator in the taskbar (Windows 7):

The full changelog you have it in the first post updated.
Old 16th January 2011, 20:18   #119  |  Link
Lezgi

perfect program
thanx bro...
Lezgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2011, 18:58   #120  |  Link
pistacho

Another version!

Changelog:
  • Improved: On some BD with several main playlist (two movies, episodes, etc.) now lets you choose which one to convert.
  • New: Option to resize 1080 video sources to 720.
  • Improved: Added an option in settings to use the Arcsoft decoder to decode DTS-HD instead of libav that only decodes DTS-Core (higher quality DTS > AC3 conversion).
  • Small fixes and general improvements.

Tags
avchd, bdtoavchd, blu-ray ripper, m2ts, ps3