Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Closed Thread

Old 26th January 2010, 16:51   #11521  |  Link
clsid

Quote:
Originally Posted by roozhou View Post
@clsid

How can i build a MPCVideoDec.ax with only DXVA decoders?
By changing the settings in "internal_filter_config.h". Set all FFmpeg based decoders to 0, except the DXVA ones.
You can decrease the size of the binary by disabling the unneeded decoders in FFmpeg, by editing its "config.h". That is not (yet) done automatically. This won't make any functional difference, just matters for size.
Old 26th January 2010, 17:18   #11522  |  Link
roozhou

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsid View Post
By changing the settings in "internal_filter_config.h". Set all FFmpeg based decoders to 0, except the DXVA ones.
You can decrease the size of the binary by disabling the unneeded decoders in FFmpeg, by editing its "config.h". That is not (yet) done automatically. This won't make any functional difference, just matters for size.
Do I still need to compile libavcodec even if none of its decoder is used?
Old 26th January 2010, 17:37   #11523  |  Link
hdboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by somy View Post
Hi, iSeries, do you use dual screen setup?
In my setup I have one monitor runs at 60HZ and I play movie on my projector as 2nd monitor which runs at 23.976HZ, EVR and MadVR is completely not watchable, EVR sync looks smooth, but it occasionally produce judder and the green line is not always in parallel with red line, it goes up then goes down then up again......
I run my PC monitor @60hz and my HDTV as secondary monitor @24hz or 60hz depending on content. Up until very recently, I could not get smooth playback using my HDTV as secondary monitor. I had to either set the TV as primary monitor or use D3D fullscreen. Neither solution was satisfactory.

I actually bought a 9800GT but it did not improve the situation so I went back to the old 7600GT. But the newer MPC-HC with Sync fixed my problem. I still get the occasional stutter with 24fps and regular stutter with 25fps (the few UK TV shows I have) but for the most part I'm happy.

(I'm using default renderer settings, btw, so desktop composition is not disabled).
Old 26th January 2010, 18:00   #11524  |  Link
somy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdboy View Post
I run my PC monitor @60hz and my HDTV as secondary monitor @24hz or 60hz depending on content. Up until very recently, I could not get smooth playback using my HDTV as secondary monitor. I had to either set the TV as primary monitor or use D3D fullscreen. Neither solution was satisfactory.

I actually bought a 9800GT but it did not improve the situation so I went back to the old 7600GT. But the newer MPC-HC with Sync fixed my problem. I still get the occasional stutter with 24fps and regular stutter with 25fps (the few UK TV shows I have) but for the most part I'm happy.

(I'm using default renderer settings, btw, so desktop composition is not disabled).
This is what I observed recently, since you're using Nvidia card, so it's not a driver issue. Did you try disable aero or use single monitor? Sync renderer solve part of the problem, but judder still exsits for me......
Old 26th January 2010, 18:46   #11525  |  Link
X-Dron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casimir666 View Post
Can you post a sample of this video?
sample is here
Old 26th January 2010, 18:47   #11526  |  Link
pirlouy
_

Quote:
I think I can't live with tearing either, so I guess I'll just to try single screen.
You can also use EVR Sync with "D3D Fullscreen" option, and you won't have tearing, and you'll have smooth playback.

But D3D option is really not UI friendly. :/
Old 26th January 2010, 18:58   #11527  |  Link
somy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirlouy View Post
You can also use EVR Sync with "D3D Fullscreen" option, and you won't have tearing, and you'll have smooth playback.

OK, I have just done some more tests.
dual screen 24P output without aero: everything is smooth except serious tearing with MadVR.
dual screen 24P output with aero: EVR CP and MadVR is extremely laggy, EVR sync is better but still not smooth.
single screeb 24P with aero: MadVR becomes laggy after 30 minutes.

Last edited by somy; 26th January 2010 at 21:07. Reason: More result
Old 26th January 2010, 19:40   #11528  |  Link
hoborg

Hi.
In Win7 windows\Performance\WinSAT directory, there are few *.MPG samples wich are not compatible with MPC "MpegSplitter.ax". After muxing in to MKV, all is working fine.

How to start with Bitcoin
Old 26th January 2010, 20:42   #11529  |  Link
clsid

Quote:
Originally Posted by roozhou View Post
Do I still need to compile libavcodec even if none of its decoder is used?
Yes, because the DXVA decoders are part of it.
Old 26th January 2010, 20:51   #11530  |  Link
Polcius

Any ETA on the "double image" fix?

How should I set up ffdshow, in the meantime?
Old 26th January 2010, 20:55   #11531  |  Link
loretta80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polcius View Post
Any ETA on the "double image" fix?

How should I set up ffdshow, in the meantime?
Do you have stereoscopic function activated in nvidia driver? That may give you two frames. Than turn it off.
Old 26th January 2010, 21:10   #11532  |  Link
ar-jar

Quote:
Originally Posted by thuan View Post
@ar-jar: I direct this report at you as I think that rev 1557 is the cause of this regression. Basically when I use rev1557 32bit available on xvidvideo.ru, when the player loses its direct3d surface and reinitialize, it forgets to do that for the subtitle renderer so I will be unable to see subtitle after a UAC prompt unless I disable then enable the internal sub renderer. I use EVR Sync.

If you need more information, please say so.
Thanks for the report. I will look into this in the weekend. I'm in the process of rewriting the device/surface release and recreation code as it is not correct today in any of the custom DirectX-based renderers. There may be some regressions in the mean time. I'll first rewrite EVR Sync. My plan is to be able to toggle between windowed and 3D fullscreen just like windowed and regular fullscreen. -A
Old 26th January 2010, 21:12   #11533  |  Link
somy

Quote:
@X-Dron: I think your problem is glasses: you have forgotten to put your 3D glasses, that's all !

@somy: I can't really say more things. I have similitudes with iSeries:
- tearing if I disable Aero (dual or mono screen, all EVR and madVR); more tearing for 24Hz, just a bottom line in 50Hz
- In 24Hz in dual screen, with Aero enable, windows Seven is... lost; cursor is really slow, and even if EVR graph could let me think it's judder free (perfect parallel lines), there are major jerks. Just try to move your mouse, if cursor is not smooth for 24Hz screen, then you'll know you can't use Aero (just right click on mpc-hc.exe and disable desktop composition in properties)
- in dual screen, 50 Hz, Aero enable, no more slowness when moving mouse, but you still have judder (not shown by EVR graph, except if you put a 30fps video, you'll see graph freezes)
- in dual screen, 50 Hz, madVr + Aero... Same behavior. Judder caused by Aero :/

- in mono screen, it seems to be ok with Aero, even in 24Hz.

In conclusion, if you use dual screen, IMO, you have to disable desktop composition (Aero) when launching MPC-HC. You'll have tearing, but we can guess it will be fix by future version of Madshi or ar-jar renderer (when they implement Direct3D)

@iSeries: I think nobody really knows exactly what Aero does, but it's sure at 100% it prevents tearing.
My test result tonight is almost the same, basically I think MadVR only works well when aero is enabled.
In single screen mode, MadVR is super smooth in the beginning and after a while (20 minutes) it becomes laggy, I have to pause and then play to make it judder-free, do you have similar problem?
Old 26th January 2010, 21:23   #11534  |  Link
somy

Quote:

I tried, but everytime it pops up a warning dialog which tells me 10Bit output is not supported
Old 26th January 2010, 21:34   #11535  |  Link
Polcius

Quote:
Originally Posted by loretta80 View Post
Do you have stereoscopic function activated in nvidia driver? That may give you two frames. Than turn it off.
No, I mean the error reported some pages back, when trying to play .avi or .mkv files.
Old 26th January 2010, 21:50   #11536  |  Link
ar-jar

Quote:
I tried, but everytime it pops up a warning dialog which tells me 10Bit output is not supported
Please turn off 10bit RGB as it is probably not supported by your gfx board in D3D fullscreen. Or then my caps test is faulty - i haven't tested it much yet. You can use the DirectX Caps Viewer to see if it really is supported by your board. -A
Old 26th January 2010, 22:00   #11537  |  Link
somy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar-jar View Post
Please turn off 10bit RGB as it is probably not supported by your gfx board in D3D fullscreen. Or then my caps test is faulty - i haven't tested it much yet. You can use the DirectX Caps Viewer to see if it really is supported by your board. -A
Thanks ar-jar, I tried to turn it off and then I got "8 bit is not supported" warning message
I use the latest MPC-HC rev 1557, I remember 1549 worked fine for me.
Old 26th January 2010, 22:14   #11538  |  Link
ar-jar

Quote:

Thanks ar-jar, I tried to turn it off and then I got "8 bit is not supported" warning message
I use the latest MPC-HC rev 1557, I remember 1549 worked fine for me.
The caps test from hell huh :-) I'll turn it off or fix it in the next commit (or provide an intermediate build). Sorry about that. -A
Old 26th January 2010, 23:08   #11539  |  Link
kramcd

Hi there, I've got 2 maqin problems;

1). I'm getting a 'double image' at the top of the screen when playing avi files (mkv is ok). The old version (1249) didn't do this. However, I prefer the extra sync settings in the newer version (currently 1529).

2). I can't get smooth 24hz playback on my HTPC (GA-MA78G-D3SH, AMD 4850e, HD 4650, Win 7), however I can with my other PC (Asus P5B-E, Q6600, HD 4650, Win 7). Both Pc's are using the same version of MPC HC, and graphics cards uses same drivers (same card in fact, just swapped over)....very frustrating!

Any Ideas?

Regards
Mark.
Old 26th January 2010, 23:15   #11540  |  Link
X-Files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr3d View Post
From release 1503 this is what happen with every .avi file i try to play (with hd file image is not broken but DXVA does not work). Same result if i try to change renderer (from Sync to EVR).
The only way to solve this problem is to switch to WMR9 or downgrade to version 1489.
Windows 7, 4850, Catalyst 9.12

Any idea?

Same problem here, I dont know why this not the NO.1 fix issue first to be done ? coz even use ffdshow , some WMV , MKV , MP4 still get "Double images" , BTW , chinese subtitles only can use UTF encode to display in right way. not like old verison can simply use chinese GB2312 as default.
Window vista 64 , 4870, Catalyst 9.12
Closed Thread

Tags
dxva, h264, home cinema, media player classic, mpc-hc