Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 24th October 2011, 02:29   #221  |  Link
speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheck View Post
MKVcleaver remembers location of MkvToolNix. If you're running WIN 7 with UAC enabled and MKVcleaver is installed in a protected directory, like Program Files, you must right click and select Run As Administrator. To avoid running it as administrator, please install MKVcleaver in another directory, root of C drive, My Documents or somewhere else.

The extract folder location will be remembered in the new version.
Thanks for the info sheck. Two more feature requests: Can you provide an option so the "Files to process" window pane doesn't get cleared after a successful "extract tracks" operation? Secondly, could you show the "chapters" track within the "Files to process" window pane as one of the checkbox choices? Currently, the only way I can extract chapters is using "Batch mode." It's also useful to see it there to know which files actually have chapters and which don't.

Finally, I don't know if I'd call this a bug, but extracted chapters.xml files have the Macintosh file format (CR line breaks only) while subtitle files extract in the PC file format (CR and LF characters terminating each line). Just an FYI regarding this inconsistency.
speaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2011, 02:52   #222  |  Link
sheck

Quote:
Originally Posted by speaker View Post
Thanks for the info sheck. Two more feature requests: Can you provide an option so the "Files to process" window pane doesn't get cleared after a successful "extract tracks" operation?
What's the point of this ?
Quote:
Secondly, could you show the "chapters" track within the "Files to process" window pane as one of the checkbox choices? Currently, the only way I can extract chapters is using "Batch mode." It's also useful to see it there to know which files actually have chapters and which don't.
I am not fully convinced this will be useful. You can see if a file has chapters by double right clicking on it. Plus it takes seconds to extract chapters from a file so there won't be any performance gains. Other than purely informational, I don't see how that can benefit users.
Quote:
Finally, I don't know if I'd call this a bug, but extracted chapters.xml files have the Macintosh file format (CR line breaks only) while subtitle files extract in the PC file format (CR and LF characters terminating each line). Just an FYI regarding this inconsistency.
This would be a question for Mosu. MKVCleaver is purely a GUI, it doesn't actually extract anything. It uses mkvextract.exe in the background to extract files and information. But if I had to guess, it would be, because one is an XML file and the other is whichever format the subs are in. So CR or CRLF would depend on the software used to make the subs. XML chapter file, however, is created by mkvextract.exe which is designed on a Linux OS, thus CR only.
Old 4th November 2011, 16:36   #223  |  Link
gonwk

Hi sheck,

I was getting ready to Rate and WARN the folks on VideoHelp about your "MKVCleaver 0.5.0.1 (x64) Portable" version that it seems to have TROJAN in it. But I accidently saw that you are here on Doom9 ... and since I Trust this Forum ... and I did Not want to wrongly slam your software (Freeware) ... I decided to post my Concern here ...

When I ran SAS scanner it alerted me that "MKVCLEAVER_X64.EXE" is a TROJAN and it should be Removed.

So, I thought it might be a False Positive ... so I ran the .EXE file through VirusTotal ... and now to A/V are warning me about this being a Trojan. See the following ...

Virus Total Scan of MKVCLEAVER.EXE

Jiangmin 13.0.900 2011.11.02 Trojan/Buzus.agpx

SUPERAntiSpyware 4.40.0.1006 2011.11.02 Trojan.Agent/Gen-Buzus

So, I am confused that how is from 42 AntiVirus software only 2 of them Recognize this as Trojan ... and big names just give it a Clean bill of health.

So, can you or anyone else explain this!

BTW, I never upgraded from 0.5.0.1 since it seems that is the Best working version of your proggie!

Thanks,

G!
gonwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2011, 17:20   #224  |  Link
sheck

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonwk View Post
Hi sheck,

I was getting ready to Rate and WARN the folks on VideoHelp about your "MKVCleaver 0.5.0.1 (x64) Portable" version that it seems to have TROJAN in it. But I accidently saw that you are here on Doom9 ... and since I Trust this Forum ... and I did Not want to wrongly slam your software (Freeware) ... I decided to post my Concern here ...

When I ran SAS scanner it alerted me that "MKVCLEAVER_X64.EXE" is a TROJAN and it should be Removed.

So, I thought it might be a False Positive ... so I ran the .EXE file through VirusTotal ... and now to A/V are warning me about this being a Trojan. See the following ...

Virus Total Scan of MKVCLEAVER.EXE

Jiangmin 13.0.900 2011.11.02 Trojan/Buzus.agpx

SUPERAntiSpyware 4.40.0.1006 2011.11.02 Trojan.Agent/Gen-Buzus

So, I am confused that how is from 42 AntiVirus software only 2 of them Recognize this as Trojan ... and big names just give it a Clean bill of health.

So, can you or anyone else explain this!

BTW, I never upgraded from 0.5.0.1 since it seems that is the Best working version of your proggie!

Thanks,

G!
I've seen this happen before. This is a false positive. MKVcleaver was compiled with AutoIt and some anti virus engines detect it as a virus just by scanning the header.

I can guarantee you 100% that there is no malware or viruses in MKVCleaver. I cannot control the files on VideoHelp, but if you download files from my site and verify MD5 hashes, you will be fine. SoftPedia rated MKVCleaver 100% malware free.
Old 4th November 2011, 17:26   #225  |  Link
gonwk

Hi sheck,

Thanks for taking the time to answer.

I really like "MKVCleaver" it seems more dummy-proof to me ... so, I am glad you are giving it a clean bill of health.

BTW, VideoHelp, it is another Source that I trust for SW download.

Thanks agian!

G!
gonwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2011, 20:09   #226  |  Link
sialivi

sheck,
Seems mkvcleaver doesn't work with the latest version of mkvtoolnix, I'm getting a "Error: Array variable subscript badly formatted" error when trying to extract subtitles.
sialivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2011, 22:33   #227  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

That's most likely due to a bug in mkvextract. See https://www.bunkus.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=689

If I ever ask you to upload something, please use my file server.
Mosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2011, 08:42   #228  |  Link
johnsonlam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosu View Post
That's most likely due to a bug in mkvextract. See https://www.bunkus.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=689
Thanks. Waiting for the new version.
Old 28th December 2011, 09:03   #229  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

The pre-build http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkv...-392-setup.exe should have the fix included.

Old 28th December 2011, 23:21   #230  |  Link
sheck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosu View Post
The pre-build http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkv...-392-setup.exe should have the fix included.
The latest build is working fine. Thanks Mosu.
Old 31st December 2011, 08:20   #231  |  Link
johnsonlam

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheck View Post
The latest build is working fine. Thanks Mosu.
I've downloaded the latest build (mkvmerge v5.2.0 ('I can't explain') built on Dec 29 2011 19:29:57)

Still got error from AUTOIT, screen capture below:

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-U...s800/error.png

It's working fine until I got the v5.2.0 MKVToolNix, but after that I back to v5.1.0 also failed ...
My WinXP go crazy or missing some other components (e.g. dotnet or Visual C++ lib)?

Last edited by johnsonlam; 31st December 2011 at 08:26.
johnsonlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2012, 10:11   #232  |  Link
sialivi

sheck and Mosu,
I downloaded the build Mosu linked to and the offset is still wrong. I just tried selecting sub 1 and 3 (out of 5) and it extracted 2 and 4. Selecting the last one results in an exception.

Edit: Tried an even newer build (.395) and the problem is still there.

Last edited by sialivi; 2nd January 2012 at 10:20.
Old 2nd January 2012, 10:25   #233  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Then either you're doing it wrong (e.g. you haven't overwritten existing files when extracting/installing), or MKVcleaver doesn't query mkvmerge for the track IDs and relies on them being assigned in a special way. Either way, not my problem.

Old 3rd January 2012, 01:44   #234  |  Link
sialivi

It's not user error. For the record, I tried 5.2.1 and also tried using the 32-bit version of mkvcleaver just to rule that out and the problem persists.
Old 3rd January 2012, 22:17   #235  |  Link
kassiesa

mkvextract bug 689 has been solved. The command line mkvextract works fine now. But MKVcleaver still mismatches the mkvextract tracks by 1.

See https://www.bunkus.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=689

E.g. for an mkv file with 3 tracks (ID=0,1,2), pointing to the last track with MKVcleaver or mkvextractGUI2 results in "Error: No track with the ID 3 was found in the source file". Pointing any other track extracts the wrong track. Track ID=0 cannot be extracted.
kassiesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2012, 22:42   #236  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

I've just explained in this post over in the general MKVToolNix thread how frontends/GUIs/programs using mkvmverge/mkvextract are supposed to retrieve the actual track IDs. If MKVcleaver had implemented it this way from the start then it should just have started working again with mkvmerge + mkvextract v5.2.1.

Old 4th January 2012, 13:38   #237  |  Link
DragonQ

So MKVExtract GUI, MKVExtractGUI-2 and MKVCleaver are all broken right now. Great.
DragonQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2012, 07:14   #238  |  Link
sheck

I tested with MKVcleaver 5.0.3 32/64 bit on WIN 7 64 bit, WIN XP 32 bit, Mkvtoolnix 5.2.1. I did not get any errors. All tracks were extracted.

I need more information to try to recreate this error.

OS version, 64 or 32 bit
MKVcleaver version, 64 or 32 bit
Installation path of MKVcleaver
Installation path of MKVToolsNix
Portable or MSI
Is UAC enabled

Please check custom.ini and make sure that the path to MKvToolsNix is correct.
Old 9th January 2012, 07:52   #239  |  Link
sialivi

Windows 7 x64 SP1
MKVcleaver 0.5.0.3 x64
mkvtoolnix 5.2.1
d:\portable\matroska\MKVcleaver\
d:\portable\matroska\MKVtoolnix\
Portable
UAC enabled
path in custom.ini correct
Old 9th January 2012, 08:41   #240  |  Link
Chetwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonQ View Post
So MKVExtract GUI, MKVExtractGUI-2 and MKVCleaver are all broken right now. Great.
Yep, but it works manually with mkvextract.

MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink
: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller ‹bersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
Chetwood is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batch extract, extractor, matroska, mkv, mkv batch, mkv decoder, mkvextract