Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Programming and Hacking > Translations
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 24th June 2002, 20:38   #21  |  Link
SHiSo

ok fix
SHiSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2002, 21:03   #22  |  Link
goof

pour les redirections
a mon avis si il paye sur doom9 il a peut-etre acces a la config du serveur et vue que c un apache il peut definir des "virtualhost" (genre fr.doom9.org) et faire une redirection (avec PHP c simple) ou une frame qui charge la version traduite dedans
en tout cas ca prendrait que une seule page sur son serveur par version ou au pire un repertoire fr dans la racine (http://www.doom9.org/fr/) avec le fichier susnomé.
C'est que des idées vous faite ce que vous voulez.

a+
goof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2002, 14:10   #23  |  Link
BlackSun
CoreCodec

Ben y a dejà http://french.doom9.net ou .org.

ShiSo: mail moi a blacksun@doom9.net pour que j'oublie pas d'envoyer les traductions demain matin stp
Old 25th June 2002, 19:30   #24  |  Link
goof

j'avais vu mais je crois que c pas généralisé a tous les projets de traduction (espagnol et anglais je crois)
Old 25th June 2002, 19:31   #25  |  Link
goof

ct pas anglais mais allemand.

en plus si ct geré en php (avec une frame et d'autres trucs) chaque projet de traduction pourais gerer son alias
Old 25th June 2002, 19:54   #26  |  Link
Scipio
translation mod

C pas juste:

tous les trois projects ont maintenant leurs propres adresses:

http://german.doom9.net
http://french.doom9.net
http://spanish.doom9.net

Mais c'est ne qu'un redirecteur... (si c'est l'expression correcte en Francais...)
Old 25th June 2002, 20:01   #27  |  Link
epere4
Doom9 in Spanish Team

Don´t use the http://spanish.doom9.net/ or http://spanish.doom9.org/ adresses.
They make the Spanish Site to give an Runtime Error (at least in my computer and on another I tested that).
The problem is with one of my stats counter. I don´t know why the redirector makes that error to appear (it doesn´t appear in the normal url).
I don´t want to take that stats counter out because it gives me information about where the visitors are coming from (from which url, I mean) and it is in Spanish.

Get DVobSub 2.23 and VobSub 2.23 in Spanish
epere4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2002, 22:51   #28  |  Link
goof

i don't have the runtime error on the spanish redirector.

je suis d'accord pour dire que le truc en haut est trop gros (du moins en hauteur)
pour les redirection ct parce que elle n'etaient pas encore utilisé dans les news du site qui mettait des liens vers les sites direct au lieux des redirections.
en tout cas moi ca deconne pas la redirection espagnole
poue le mot redirectoir je crois que c sufisament disgracieux pour pouvoir etre remplacé par redirection mais bon on est pas a l'acadmie francaise (ils voulaient remplacer "virus" par "portion de code infectieuse engendrant un mauvais fonctionnement du systeme")

a+
Old 26th June 2002, 04:46   #29  |  Link
epere4
Doom9 in Spanish Team

@All project´s webmasters:

I suggest that if you put a link to an article that it is in English (or any other language that it´s not yours), you put a link to an automátically generated translated page. You can use translators as Altavista or Google (or whatever, there must be lots of these translators) to generate an URL of the translation page.

For example, the page of project Theora can be seen here in Spanish, here in German and here in French.
The translations aren´t that good, off course, but they are a good an easy service we can provide to the readers.
By the way, using these translators is the only way I can read your posts. You could write in English so everybody could understand, don´t you think? I would appreciate that, thanks.

Last edited by epere4; 26th June 2002 at 04:50.
Old 26th June 2002, 08:07   #30  |  Link
goof

as i think the translation are from the english articles from Doom9 in english so i think that most people that use computer to create a DIVX or VCD or wathever else can understand a minimum part of the english articles a real traduction is better and don't take too much time (2-3 h i think) so if many people are workink together it will not take too much time.

The altavista translator is not realy good beacause it translate also some technicals word with comon word in frensh.
i never tried the google one.

a+
Old 26th June 2002, 15:34   #31  |  Link
epere4
Doom9 in Spanish Team

@goof: I cannot assume everybody can understand a little bit of English, and before we finish translating the original Doom9´s site, we cannot spend time translating articles from other sites (besides, we would need permission).
That´s why I put the link to an automatically tranlated page. But I agree with you that Altavista translator (Google is pretty much the same thing) translate technical words into some horrible ones. Anyway, I put both a link to the original article, and a link to the translated one.

Old 3rd July 2002, 07:55   #32  |  Link
BlackSun
CoreCodec

Alors Shisho ça avance la traduction ? les autres prennent de l'avance !
Old 3rd July 2002, 08:27   #33  |  Link
Dark-Cracker

Frenchy Connection !!!

juste un petit mot d'encouragement pour le mirror en francais, c kool de voir des frenchy motivés
bonne chance , trés joli site avec un bon design continuez comme ca !

Ps: FakerZ joli logo

English Connection : héhé : Translation in progress ........

bye.

AutoDub v1.8 : Divx3/4/5 & Xvid Video codec and .OGG/.MP3/.AC3/.WMA audio codec.
AutoRV10 v1.0 : Use RealVideo 10 Codec and support 2 Audio Streams and Subtitles.

Dark-Cracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2002, 09:33   #34  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

there's 2 things I need from the people running the translation.. I sent a pm with that to sisho 2 days ago.. no reply so far.

first of all the look will have to correspond to mine. It's not a design contenst out there but a branding issue.. people will have to feel immediately at home if they go to a different language mirror. the spanish translation already took my design and horestes agreed to change it (and make it less translator friendly) once most of the work has been done. second there needs to be some collaboration mechanisms and way to see how far the translation has progressed.. both the spanish and german pages have done that.

the same also goes for the portugese translation (pm sent on june 28th to downloaders, no reply to far).. and there we have the additional difficulty that some of their left frame links have to be removed...
Old 3rd July 2002, 10:02   #35  |  Link
BlackSun
CoreCodec

100% agreed, a french translation MUST have the same look and feel as the original one. The french translation is slooooooooow and the logo is too big (not that I don't like it). Lot of people like me can only browse in 800x600 so far and french.doom9.net is inbrowsable for me.
Old 3rd July 2002, 13:48   #36  |  Link
inoteb
OggMedia addict

@SHiSo
Je t'avais envoyé un mail il y a quelques temps te proposant mon aide, en particulier pour le forum français et éventuellement pour des traductions. Pas eu de réponse... L'offre tient toujours

inoteb ;-]
inoteb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2002, 14:02   #37  |  Link
SHiSo

BlackSun : http://reno.dess.free.fr/TEST/ regarde à cette url et dis moi si ca va mieux en 800x600 merci

Doom9 : why do u wanna keep the original design ? i dont understand ... [ Well POOL to keep or not the french design ]
i dont want to change it ...

Last edited by SHiSo; 3rd July 2002 at 14:10.
Old 3rd July 2002, 22:54   #38  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

@sisho: quite simply.. have you ever heard about branding? I give you an example.. if you go to a Mc Donalds in NY or in Paris.. they will pretty much look the same... so people on holidays will always feel right at home. if somebody types french.doom9.org in his browser he must get www.doom9.org, just translated to french. The look and feel must be the same on all translated pages so that people knowing my site can switch to a translated version without any additional effort.

I cannot have translated versions of my pages that look completely different. If there's a design change it will first happen on www.doom9.org, then on the language mirrors.
Old 4th July 2002, 18:30   #39  |  Link
SHiSo

well mail me the .zip of doom9 and i 'll change all this we
but instead of ur news i put php script, look the same and is more simply to add a news
Old 4th July 2002, 18:44   #40  |  Link
Scipio
translation mod

Shiso, you'll have to stay up-to-date later, too.
Doom9 can't mail you the whole page everytime...
so I suggest you have a look at the Translation Guidelines (that's the second sticky thread here - there's other info, too).

The tool "Offline Explorer" ist very nice for mirroring doom9.org (you can set filters in order not to download all zip-files or other stuff you don't need)...

If you don't mind, I'd like to take that PHP script, too...
But I wonder if Swede's server supports PHP - what do you think Doom9?