Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > New and alternative video codecs

Old 25th November 2007, 22:45   #2561  |  Link
Delerue

Quote:
Originally Posted by haruhiko_yamagata View Post
I can't reproduce the Kernel bob issue.
Hmmm... I think that this is a problem with this video, specially.

Quote:
As for the AR issue, the file plays OK for me. Please make sure 'Set pixel aspect ratio in output media type' is checked (or intermediate state).
Ah, great. I didn't know that. Thanks and sorry for the wrong bug report.
Delerue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2007, 09:19   #2562  |  Link
haruhiko_yamagata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delerue View Post
Hmmm... I think that this is a problem with this video, specially.
Please send us the sample, if it is possible.
Old 26th November 2007, 23:37   #2563  |  Link
multiblitz

Quote:
I found the flag. Haali's media splitter is working perfectly.
Damn, I did check the AM_SAMPLE2_PROPERTIES::dwTypeSpecificFlags of the first and second frames, but didn't check the third...
I've modified the code a bit to set time stamp properly. Now the sync is OK, but it still has two problems. One is interlacing related flags to send to downstream, one is jerkiness caused by unloading and loading dlls during playback. Second problem is caused because ffdshow receives samples with media type attached and then re-initialize codec drivers.
The fix will surely break the code too much that I can't do without adding bugs. I'm going to do it after beta4. Please wait.
THAT IS THE BEST NEWS OF THE YEAR !!! WOW !

ffdshow-performance on HD-stuff...wonderful !
multiblitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2007, 11:42   #2564  |  Link
Yong

ffvdub crash

here is how to make ffvdub crash:
1. open virtualdub and load a video
2. add ffvdub to filter list
3. tick the avisynth filter on ffvdub
4. load any avisynth fucntions or plugins, eg invert()
5. press preview/ok > crash.

heres the details:
An out-of-bounds memory access (access violation) occurred in module 'ffdshow'...
...writing address 00000000...
...while running filter "ffvdub" (FilterSystem.cpp:594).
Yong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2007, 13:54   #2565  |  Link
haruhiko_yamagata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yong View Post
here is how to make ffvdub crash:
1. open virtualdub and load a video
2. add ffvdub to filter list
3. tick the avisynth filter on ffvdub
4. load any avisynth fucntions or plugins, eg invert()
5. press preview/ok > crash.

heres the details:
An out-of-bounds memory access (access violation) occurred in module 'ffdshow'...
...writing address 00000000...
...while running filter "ffvdub" (FilterSystem.cpp:594).
@Leak
Could you take a look at this?
Old 27th November 2007, 14:14   #2566  |  Link
Yong

Sorry, lacks some details, Default setting does not crash when click preview/ok, but if use "buffer back/ahead" with any value would cause virtualdub crash, even without using any avisynth plugins/functions.
im still using clsid icl10 build.
Yong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2007, 15:45   #2567  |  Link
Mysteron

Automatic levels problem

This is my first post. I did a search on this forum, but did not find any messages discussing my problem.

I have been using FFDSHOW since 2004, and I enjoy using the program.

However, I seem to have discovered a problem in all FFDSHOW versions dated after October 5. When using the "Automatic" option in the "Levels" filter, the levels in the video are distorted badly when manually seeking forward or backwards while the video file is playing. This problem also occurs when the video has reached the end and loops back to the beginning (in repeat play mode). The current version of FFDSHOW (1642) still has the same problem.

I have had this problem using Media Player Classic 6.4.9.1 and Windows Media Players 10 and 11. This has happened in Vista 32 bit using an Nvidia 8600GT video card and on Windows XP SP2 using an Intel 910GL video chip. Both PCs are Pentium 4 HTs (one is a Sony, the other is a Dell). The probelm occurs regardless of the type of video file that is being played. I have updated all drivers on both PCs, but the problem remains.

I never had this problem with earlier FFDSHOW versions.

Your help is appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited by Mysteron; 27th November 2007 at 16:06.
Mysteron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2007, 16:05   #2568  |  Link
Leak
ffdshow/AviSynth wrangler

Quote:
@Leak
Could you take a look at this?
That's what I had in mind, yes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yong View Post
Sorry, lacks some details, Default setting does not crash when click preview/ok, but if use "buffer back/ahead" with any value would cause virtualdub crash, even without using any avisynth plugins/functions.
im still using clsid icl10 build.
Oh, wait...

I'm not very surprised - buffering simply can't work when used via VfW/VDub, as those are missing the one thing from DirectShow that buffering makes heavy use of: the possibility of getting passed a frame and *not* returning anything (yet).

It shouldn't crash, though. But I won't guarantee any useful results when I fix the crash...
Old 27th November 2007, 17:53   #2569  |  Link
pmarco

dvd subtitles not displayed. aspect ratio badly displayed

Hi, I'm from Italy. In some dvd movies I can read italian subtitles under the signs and writings appearing in a foreign language (only under the signs, not in the dialogues). This works in programs like Nero Showtime.
Anyway, in vlc or wmp+ffdshow, if I select the italian subtitle track, everything is subtitled (signs and dialogues too). It seems I cannot choose to subtitle only the signs. How can I do it, please ? (using wmp+ffdshow)

In some dvds of mine, aspect ratio changes by mistake, only in some chapters of the movie. It goes from 16/9 to 64/27 (and SAR goes from 64/45 to 256/135). Then it comes back to normal. Is it a bug of ffdshow? How can I correct that?
pmarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2007, 18:49   #2570  |  Link
St Devious
Hardware Aspirin

y cant ffdshow do 2 pass encoding for H.264 ?
St Devious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2007, 23:55   #2571  |  Link
haruhiko_yamagata

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmarco View Post
Hi, I'm from Italy. In some dvd movies I can read italian subtitles under the signs and writings appearing in a foreign language (only under the signs, not in the dialogues). This works in programs like Nero Showtime.
Anyway, in vlc or wmp+ffdshow, if I select the italian subtitle track, everything is subtitled (signs and dialogues too). It seems I cannot choose to subtitle only the signs. How can I do it, please ? (using wmp+ffdshow)
What do you mean by 'signs'? Do you mean closed caption?
Quote:
In some dvds of mine, aspect ratio changes by mistake, only in some chapters of the movie. It goes from 16/9 to 64/27 (and SAR goes from 64/45 to 256/135). Then it comes back to normal. Is it a bug of ffdshow? How can I correct that?
Are you sure that the DVD doesn't have the wrong aspect ratio?
Old 28th November 2007, 01:36   #2572  |  Link
tjmitchem

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf2009 View Post
y cant ffdshow do 2 pass encoding for H.264 ?
It can. It basically consists of doing two 1-pass encodes while making use of the libavcodec/x264 stats functionality.

Select x264 as your ffdshow encoder, then take a look at the "output" section of the dialog. On the first pass, write the stats. On the 2nd, "use" the stats.

Terry
tjmitchem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2007, 03:22   #2573  |  Link
cc979
Curious BetaTester

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsid View Post
makefile.inc contains "-Ixiph -I../xiph"
removing that should probably do the trick

let me know if it works, then I can commit the change to SVN
Code:
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/User/svn/ffdshow-tryout/ffdshow-tryout/src/acm'
make -C audioFilters
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/User/svn/ffdshow-tryout/ffdshow-tryout/src/audioFilters'
gcc -c -mno-cygwin -mdll -fno-rtti -mthreads -pipe -D_WINGDI_ -DUCLIBCPP -D_GLIBCPP_HAVE_MBSTATE_T -D_WIN32_IE=0x0500 -DARCH_IS_IA32 -DARCH_IS_32BIT -DHAVE_MMX -mmmx -msse -mfpmath=sse -w -DNDEBUG -UDEBUG -DFFDEBUG=0 -I. -I.. -Iuclibc++ -Ibaseclasses -I../baseclasses -IimgFilters -I../imgFilters -Implayer -I../mplayer -Isettings -I../settings -Isettings/filters -I../settings/filters -Icodecs -I../codecs -Isubtitles -I../subtitles -Iconvert -I../convert -Idialog -I../dialog -IaudioFilters -I../audioFilters -Icygwin -I../cygwin -Iffmpeg -I../ffmpeg -Iacm -I../acm -Ifilters -I../filters -Imuxers -I../muxers -I/dx/Include -L/dx/MingLib -ldx9 -O2 -march=pentium-mmx -mtune=i686 -fomit-frame-pointer -finline-functions -finline -frename-registers -fweb -funit-at-a-time -MMD -o ffdshow_audiofilters_all.o ffdshow_audiofilters_all.cpp
In file included from ffdshow_audiofilters_all.cpp:13:
TsampleFormat.cpp:22:33: error: vorbis/vorbisformat.h: No such file or directory
TsampleFormat.cpp: In member function 'void TsampleFormat::init(const VORBISFORMAT&)':
TsampleFormat.cpp:110: error: invalid use of undefined type 'const struct VORBISFORMAT'
TsampleFormat.h:4: error: forward declaration of 'const struct VORBISFORMAT'
TsampleFormat.cpp:112: error: invalid use of undefined type 'const struct VORBISFORMAT'
TsampleFormat.h:4: error: forward declaration of 'const struct VORBISFORMAT'
TsampleFormat.cpp: In member function 'void TsampleFormat::init(const VORBISFORMAT2&)':
TsampleFormat.cpp:121: error: invalid use of undefined type 'const struct VORBISFORMAT2'
TsampleFormat.h:5: error: forward declaration of 'const struct VORBISFORMAT2'
TsampleFormat.cpp:122: error: invalid use of undefined type 'const struct VORBISFORMAT2'
TsampleFormat.cpp:130: error: invalid use of undefined type 'const struct VORBISFORMAT2'
TsampleFormat.cpp: In member function 'void TsampleFormat::init(const VORBISFORMATILL&)':
TsampleFormat.cpp:139: error: invalid use of undefined type 'const struct VORBISFORMATILL'
TsampleFormat.h:6: error: forward declaration of 'const struct VORBISFORMATILL'
TsampleFormat.cpp:141: error: invalid use of undefined type 'const struct VORBISFORMATILL'
TsampleFormat.h:6: error: forward declaration of 'const struct VORBISFORMATILL'
make[1]: *** [ffdshow_audiofilters_all.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/User/svn/ffdshow-tryout/ffdshow-tryout/src/audioFilters'
make: *** [lib] Error 2
i just tried the edit, but it has new error

Tools: ProcessExplorer & ProcessMonitor - BatchCompressor

Guide: MinGW Compiling GCC
cc979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2007, 06:07   #2574  |  Link
St Devious
Hardware Aspirin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjmitchem View Post
It can. It basically consists of doing two 1-pass encodes while making use of the libavcodec/x264 stats functionality.

Select x264 as your ffdshow encoder, then take a look at the "output" section of the dialog. On the first pass, write the stats. On the 2nd, "use" the stats.

Terry
Thx , one more q , can it do VBR or only CBR ?
St Devious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2007, 07:01   #2575  |  Link
foxyshadis
ангел смерти

Eh? x264 can't do CBR, not without a lot of coaxing. It only does different VBR & ABR modes.
foxyshadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2007, 12:02   #2576  |  Link
haruhiko_yamagata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
This is my first post. I did a search on this forum, but did not find any messages discussing my problem.

I have been using FFDSHOW since 2004, and I enjoy using the program.

However, I seem to have discovered a problem in all FFDSHOW versions dated after October 5. When using the "Automatic" option in the "Levels" filter, the levels in the video are distorted badly when manually seeking forward or backwards while the video file is playing. This problem also occurs when the video has reached the end and loops back to the beginning (in repeat play mode). The current version of FFDSHOW (1642) still has the same problem.

I have had this problem using Media Player Classic 6.4.9.1 and Windows Media Players 10 and 11. This has happened in Vista 32 bit using an Nvidia 8600GT video card and on Windows XP SP2 using an Intel 910GL video chip. Both PCs are Pentium 4 HTs (one is a Sony, the other is a Dell). The probelm occurs regardless of the type of video file that is being played. I have updated all drivers on both PCs, but the problem remains.

I never had this problem with earlier FFDSHOW versions.

Your help is appreciated. Thank you.
Thank you for report. I have fixed at rev 1648.
Old 28th November 2007, 15:14   #2577  |  Link
iron2000
Questioning User

I would like to know does ffdshow use the graphics card?
Or is it more on the cpu and not on having a good graphics card?
iron2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2007, 15:39   #2578  |  Link
pmarco

Quote:
What do you mean by 'signs'? Do you mean closed caption?
Are you sure that the DVD doesn't have the wrong aspect ratio?
Yes, I mean closed captions.

No, the Dvd doesn't have the wrong aspect ratio. It's displayed well in vlc and nero showtime.

Please, don't abandon me.
Old 28th November 2007, 16:03   #2579  |  Link
haruhiko_yamagata

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmarco View Post
Yes, I mean closed captions.

No, the Dvd doesn't have the wrong aspect ratio. It's displayed well in vlc and nero showtime.

Please, don't abandon me.
As for subtitles, you can't disable bitmap subtitle from ffdshow's dialog. All DVD (AFAIK) have menu, you can disable bitmap subtitle through DVD menu. Closed caption still displays and it can be disabled from ffdshow's dialog.

As for the aspect ratio, please send us the sample. Otherwise, the fix is hopeless.
Please try not to violate the copyright.
Old 28th November 2007, 16:28   #2580  |  Link
pmarco

Quote:
Closed caption still displays and it can be disabled from ffdshow's dialog. Are you sure that the DVD doesn't have the wrong aspect ratio?
I don't know, closed caption is not displayed in two dvds of mine. And it's not disabled, of course.

Concerning aspect ratio, I have no idea how to make samples.

I can use other programs to watch dvds, but it's nice to find out.

Thanks

Last edited by pmarco; 28th November 2007 at 16:56.

Tags
ffdshow, ffdshow tryouts, ffdshow-mt, ffplay, icl