Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding

Closed Thread

Old 16th August 2008, 16:16   #5781  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Why? I like the progress bar...
I can capture progress in my app.
Old 16th August 2008, 17:18   #5782  |  Link
saint-francis
too much lurking

Has anyone here tried working with Harold And Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay? It's a nightmare! There are over a dozen title sets to choose from. Apparently there is a feature in this disk that interactively allows you to change the plot at different scenes.

High-Def Digest:

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1173...marescape.html

Quote:
"Dude, Change the Movie!" - One very cool feature, this is only the second "interactive storyline"-type function to appear on a Blu-ray (at least to my knowledge), following last year's 'Return to House on Haunted Hill.' Activate "Dude, Change the Movie!", and at pre-selected points throughout the movie (nearly a dozen in all), your given a prompt with different choices allowing you to effect the direction of the narrative. Some of the options are simply silly (at one point, you can switch the movie's "bottomless" party scene to a "topless" one, for you T&A lovers), while others are more substantial, introducing new subplots not in the final cut. I was surprised at the wealth of new material shot for this feature, and it really is like watching a different movie depending on the choices you make. Really fun stuff.
Am I going to have to remux every one of the title sets in the hopes of finding one which is unadulterated or is there an easier way to find out which is which?

Edit:
I think that this movie actually can't be backed up without keeping the entire disk intact. It seems as though every title set has these "dude, change the movie" screens in them where the movie is paused for several moments allotting the viewer the time to decide if they in fact want to change the movie.
Nightmare.

Last edited by saint-francis; 16th August 2008 at 17:26.
Old 16th August 2008, 18:04   #5783  |  Link
eas4uk

Something strange - I downloaded the latest version of eac3to last night form the link on the first page, and my antivirus (ZoneAlarm Security Suite) is now saying that there is something fishy with the hooksurcode.dll and there is an infection (Backdoor.Win32.Hupigon.dgde) so I cant extract the contents of the rar file without it quarantining the hooksurcode.dll file

Has anyone else found this? I've never had a problem before and I seriously doubt this is something Madshi has done
Kind of annoying though having to close ZoneAlarm

Anyway - big thanks to Madshi, eac3to just keeps getting better and better
Old 16th August 2008, 18:25   #5784  |  Link
73ChargerFan

Kaspersky flags that also. IIRC, ZoneAlarm includes Kaspersky as its AV. I haven't updated my eac3to in a few weeks, so it must be a new addition to the av definitions file.

I added that file (without the path) to my trusted zone. I CAN TRUST IT, RIGHT??!!!
Old 16th August 2008, 18:28   #5785  |  Link
~bT~
н∂-ƒαиαтι¢

^ avg used to flag it so i uninstalled it. nod32 doesnt
Old 16th August 2008, 18:29   #5786  |  Link
73ChargerFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
How about watching the output until you see 3 dashes '---' then count them and divide by total. I think eac3to always outputs the same number of dashes.
Old 16th August 2008, 18:39   #5787  |  Link
73ChargerFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rica View Post
sehgal.v7,

Why not opening a seperate topic on mkv+vc1 and we can discuss there?
Please, lets.

My target is mkv (h264/vc1) & dts & flac but I can't get vc1 from m2ts into the mkv correctly. They all result in stuttering, stalling and an inability to seek or fast forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sehgal.v7 View Post
Madshi would like to read hxxp://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.multimedia.matroska.devel/3397/

@TO ALL MEMBERS
Backup all your HD movies with Eac3to to MKV container. Follow this routine for VC-1 files:-
1. eac3to 0000.m2ts 0000.mkv
2. Extract AVI file with MKVExtract (needs mkvtoolnix).
3. Then extract raw vc1 stream with Yamb (needs MP4Box).
4. Then raw VC1 with TSMuxer.

Thats all// verry happy to get back original streams.
Your post looks like "how to put vc1 into ts" not into mkv. I don't know why you have to go m2ts -> mkv -> avi -> vc1 when eac3to can do m2ts -> vc1 directly.

BTW, what splitter/decoder are you using? I test my files with gabest & haali splitters, mplayer-hc, coreavc and the microsoft decoders. Nothing works.
Old 16th August 2008, 18:48   #5788  |  Link
saint-francis
too much lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~bT~ View Post
^ avg used to flag it so i uninstalled it. nod32 doesnt
Nod is one of the more sophisticated AV tools. If you must use one nod is a good choice. Symantec seems to be good too. Many of them just throw up false positives when they encounter something they don't understand.
Old 16th August 2008, 18:58   #5789  |  Link
73ChargerFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73ChargerFan View Post
Is there any hope you'll open source the code?
Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
No.
I ask out of fear that something will happen to prevent future updates and improvements. DvdDecrypter was killed by industry, tsMuxer looks abandoned by roman for now, and mommyman has just quit DVDAExplorer. The last was opensourced, so I've got hope that it can be finalized by someone else. Also some developers need a break, have children, go into the military, etc., and if it is open source someone else can pick it up.

Your expertise and time have made eac3to the most valuable program that I use, and I appreciate all that you do. I won't bring this up again.
Old 16th August 2008, 20:03   #5790  |  Link
lexor

Quote:
The last was opensourced, so I've got hope that it can be finalized by someone else. Also some developers need a break, have children, go into the military, etc., and if it is open source someone else can pick it up.
That almost never happens in real life though. When OSS project dies, other people tend to start their own projects to replace it (if it was useful). It is extremely rare for someone to pick up a dead OSS project.

But eac3to is unlikely to have the same fate as DVDecrypter, because it doesn't actually get movies from your disc, it doesn't strip any drm. eac3to is in the clear, the same way as the burning engine of DVDecryper was in the clear and went on after DVDecrypter got shut down and is now ImgBurn.

On the subject of ImgBurn, that app is awesome enough that I haven't bothered installing the bundled pile of garbage that is Nero suit. So madshi, how should we interpret that note about ArcSoft ac3 and TrueHD decoders? It says "not yet", but will it be supported? Is there any quality concern you have with ArcSoft's Dolby support (like range compression/etc) or something else? Now that I've got arcsoft going, I'm kind of eager to get it to be my all-in-one decoder.

Last edited by lexor; 16th August 2008 at 20:32.
Old 16th August 2008, 20:30   #5791  |  Link
saint-francis
too much lurking

Look at MeGUI. Doom9 started it and now it's still pretty well maintained by other people and he isn't involved with it's development at all as far as I can tell. If some OSS is really desired and the developer stops working on it, from time to time others do take it on. FFDShow is another great example.
Old 16th August 2008, 21:43   #5792  |  Link
saint-francis
too much lurking

I found the proper, plain old normal movie in the Harold and Kumar BD. It's title set # 10 for anyone who comes after me. And yes, I remuxed the 9 previous title sets before I finally figured it out. Took me about 4 hours. :shakeshead:
Old 16th August 2008, 21:58   #5793  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Ok, I could add an undocumented option which outputs one extra line with a progress number for each percent increase. That should make it easy for you to grab the progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eas4uk View Post
Something strange - I downloaded the latest version of eac3to last night form the link on the first page, and my antivirus (ZoneAlarm Security Suite) is now saying that there is something fishy with the hooksurcode.dll and there is an infection (Backdoor.Win32.Hupigon.dgde) so I cant extract the contents of the rar file without it quarantining the hooksurcode.dll file
Most probably a false detection. I'll contact Kaspersky about this. Please complain, too. The more people complain, the better...

Quote:
My target is mkv (h264/vc1) & dts & flac but I can't get vc1 from m2ts into the mkv correctly. They all result in stuttering, stalling and an inability to seek or fast forward.
"eac3to BluRaySource movie.mkv" seems to work well for almost everyone. Personally, I've remuxed at least a dozen Blu-Ray VC-1 movies that way and they all work perfectly fine for me. I think the problem is probably not in your MKV files but rather in your DirectShow playback setup (source filter + decoders + renderer etc).

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexor View Post
how should we interpret that note about ArcSoft ac3 and TrueHD decoders? It says "not yet", but will it be supported?
I've not much motivation to support the ArcSoft TrueHD decoder since the free libav TrueHD decoder seems to work perfectly. I might support the ArcSoft (E-)AC3 decoder sooner or later. But adding support for the ArcSoft decoders is rather painful compared to e.g. Nero. That's why I'm only supporting the most important one (DTS) right now.
Old 16th August 2008, 22:34   #5794  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
That should make it easy for you to grab the progress.
Thanks man!
Old 17th August 2008, 04:00   #5795  |  Link
sehgal.v7

@Madshi
1. If the Source File has audio delay in it // will it be automatically applied in Output??

2. I was testing a sample "hxxp://www.sendspace.com/file/cr48oe". When i demux Video Stream, it's 107,163,504 and when mux it to MKV container with Eac3to it's 107,136,569. Meaning it's 26,935 byte less than original raw stream. Can you please guide where i'm not getting.

Regards,
Sehgal

Last edited by sehgal.v7; 17th August 2008 at 04:47.
Old 17th August 2008, 14:07   #5796  |  Link
Thunderbolt8

1. yes
Old 18th August 2008, 03:12   #5797  |  Link
Snowknight26

What are the requirements for eac3to to detect a folder as a Blu-ray? I know for HD DVDs its VPLST000.XPL (and then HVA00001.VTI), but that doesn't really apply here.

Edit: Nevermind now, Process Monitor has the answer.

Last edited by Snowknight26; 18th August 2008 at 03:19.
Old 18th August 2008, 15:30   #5798  |  Link
sehgal.v7

@Madshi
Can you add an option in demux command to, not to demux TrueHD & AC3 seperately?

Regards
Old 18th August 2008, 15:56   #5799  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
2. I was testing a sample "hxxp://www.sendspace.com/file/cr48oe". When i demux Video Stream, it's 107,163,504 and when mux it to MKV container with Eac3to it's 107,136,569. Meaning it's 26,935 byte less than original raw stream. Can you please guide where i'm not getting.
Don't know. Maybe the video data is stored slightly compressed (start codes shortened). Or maybe the last video frame is missing. Either way there's no reason to worry, as the last few frames are usually totally black, anyway.

Quote:
Can you add an option in demux command to, not to demux TrueHD & AC3 seperately?
What would that be good for? TsMuxer doesn't properly mux TrueHD tracks, anyway.
Old 18th August 2008, 17:20   #5800  |  Link
EPiPH0NE
b4k3d

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post

What would that be good for? TsMuxer doesn't properly mux TrueHD tracks, anyway.
Scenarist does
Closed Thread

Tags
eac3to