Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 15th February 2014, 21:41   #2021  |  Link
Selur

the log doesn't help me at all, see: http://www.selur.de/support
also update to the latest version, otherwise the debugoutput won't help
Old 15th February 2014, 22:15   #2022  |  Link
eqbal

Ok.
1- I have the latest version.
2- The muxing step got crashed.
3- I tried to re-encode the video track of a ts file to x265 with mp4 container .
4- I have the debug file.
5- Debug file is attached.
6- I can send you the sample file by email if needed.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by eqbal; 15th February 2014 at 22:37.
eqbal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2014, 22:17   #2023  |  Link
Selur

best send me the sample and the debugoutput via email since attached files require approval which might take a while,..
Old 15th February 2014, 22:25   #2024  |  Link
Selur

Argh, found the problem, seems like some library is missing -> looking into it
Old 15th February 2014, 22:28   #2025  |  Link
eqbal

Ok, I sent it via email.
eqbal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2014, 22:31   #2026  |  Link
Selur

argh, found the problem, some library was missing, uploading a fixed package -> redownload in ~30min and try then
Old 21st February 2014, 01:06   #2027  |  Link
digitall.h

Hi selur
I'm testing your last Hybrid 64bit 2014.02.14.1 version.
I lost some of my configuration on first start, mainly paths and tools paths.
I added them and saved GlobalDataModel.

But I then realized that a x264 profile I created was not selectable in the Configuration drop down menu in x264 tab. I changed default configuration and tried to save it. Hybrid opens a path: /home/me/.hybrid/.hybrid/profiles/video, that does not exist (there's no /.hybrid/.hybrid). My x264 profile is already at /home/me/.hybrid/profiles/video, but Hybrid looks for it in the wrong path.

I guess if this was also the problem with my default configuration.
digitall.h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2014, 07:43   #2028  |  Link
Selur

will release an updated version today
Old 21st February 2014, 20:53   #2029  |  Link
digitall.h

Old 21st February 2014, 20:56   #2030  |  Link
Selur

Updated version will problably have to wait till sunday, since I couldn't connect to the server half the say and now I'm not at home.
Old 24th February 2014, 22:42   #2031  |  Link
Selur

Hybrid rev 2014.02.25.2:

*fixed*
  • ffmpeg extracting multiple streams at once

Hybrid rev 2014.02.25.1:

*changed*
  • kvazaar: '--cqmfile' and '--ref' support
  • ui: adjust slider ticks to max possible value
  • ui: some cosmetic fixes
*fixed*
  • cut: tsMuxeR cut calls
  • input: RealVideo handling
  • output: interlaced raw H.264 remuxing problems
  • tag: tagging was broken
  • ui: AV-Combo Profiles didn't show up in Main-tab after restart
  • filter: asynchrony issues accidentally deinterlacing instead of ivtc (if Avisynth was present, but not enabled for DVD input)
  • x264: make sure Hybrid feeds 10bit colors to x264-10bit (otherwise a crash occurs if the x264 version wasn't compiled with an additional scaler)
  • ffmpeg extracting multiple streams at once
*added*
  • input: option to decide whether 'dvd://' or 'dvdnav://' is used for mencoder/mplayer
  • x264: option to disable the automatic enforcement of medium restrictions for Blu-ray compatible output
-> downloads: http://www.selur.de/downloads

Cu Selur

Last edited by Selur; 25th February 2014 at 09:41.
Selur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2014, 01:45   #2032  |  Link
luluhiyee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selur View Post
only thing I wrote for this is: Hybrid&dependencies for Ubuntu, shouldn't be to hard to setup
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitall.h View Post
As selur says, it isn't hard to setup.
  1. Install all dependencies
  2. Download and extract last version of Hybrid for your Linux architecture
  3. In Config tag select Tools and verify/correct paths to needed tools
  4. and Enjoy

after extract hybrid, what i have to do? i mean. i can't find hybrid in the menu

Sorry, Newbie
luluhiyee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2014, 06:41   #2033  |  Link
Selur

Quote:
i can't find hybrid in the menu
That is because Hybrid doesn't come with an installer and has some dependencies, read the linked 'Hybrid&dependencies for Ubuntu'-thread.
For example to be able to start Hybrid itself you need to have 'libqt4-core libqt4-gui libqt4-network libqt4-dbus libqt4-opengl' installed, then you should be able to double-click it (+ depending on your system you might have to mark it as an executable), if you want an entry in any menu you have to create it. Also on start-up Hybrid will probably complain about a lot of missing and required tools, to install these follow the instructions on the 'Hybrid&dependencies for Ubuntu'.
(most of the tools should be available through the package manager)

As a general note, since I wrote the 'Hybrid&dependencies for Ubuntu'-thread quite a while ago the ppa's I mentioned it it might not be up-to-date any more and the versions in the package manager might be newer.

Cu Selur
Old 2nd March 2014, 05:42   #2034  |  Link
FredThompson

The current and last two previous versions of Hybrid x64 Windows drop video frames on some S3 HD TiVo MPEG2 source files. The source play properly with common players.

Prefered MPEG Decoder (Config/Input tab) has been set as "no preference." Now it is set to FFMPEG12 and the checkbox for Prefer FFmpeg is enabled.

what are the performance differences between ffmpeg12 and mpeg12 decoders?

Which would Hybrid use as the default for 1080i HD MPEG2 source?

Is there a way to force Hybrid to use DirectShowSource (AviSynth) to decode the source video stream?
Old 2nd March 2014, 07:49   #2035  |  Link
Selur

Quote:
The current and last two previous versions of Hybrid x64 Windows drop video frames on some S3 HD TiVo MPEG2 source files.
never heard of "S3 HD TiVo MPEG2 source files." -> can you provide a small sample?

Quote:
The source play properly with common players.
Strange if players like VLC, (S)MPlayer or MPC-HC can decode the content properly livav (and therefor mplayer/mencoder) should be able to decode it properly.

Quote:
what are the performance differences between ffmpeg12 and mpeg12 decoders?
Which would Hybrid use as the default for 1080i HD MPEG2 source?
No clue, never checked it. By default (no preference) Hybrid let's mencoder decide which decoder to use. When a specific decoder is selected it enforces that decoder.
I added the option to enforce the mpeg-decoder, since:
a. mplayer/mencoder offers different options
b. I had a source, not sure which, where the default selection produced artifacts
c. I enforce ffmpeg12 for transportstream files since, a bunch of files in transportstreams crashed when mpeg12 decoder was used
Here's (roughly) how Hybrid decides on the decoder:
Code:
If prefer 'Prefer FFmpeg as decoder' is enabled FFmpeg get's used and the deocder choice doesn't matter since that option is ment for mencoder/mplayer.
If the source is inside a vob / DVD structure and Avisynth isn't used, mplayer/mencoder decides which decoder get's used
If the source is inside a transport stream container, Hybrid would use ffmpeg12 (unless decoding is done through Avisynth), otherwise it doesn't force a specific decoder an let's mencoder/mplayer decide.
If the source get's decoded through Avisynth:
 - and the source is inside a mpeg/transportstream container and DGDecNV is present it get's used, otherwise DGMPGDec get's used
 - and the source is inside a mp4 container and DGDevNV is present DGDecNV get's used, otherwise
  - if "use L-Smash for mp4 input" is activated L-Smash get's used
  - if 'LibavVideoSource instead of FFmpegSource' is selected, LibavVideoSource  get's used otherwise FFvideoSource get's used
 - and the source is inside a mkv container and DGDevNV is present DGDecNV get's used, otherwise
  - if 'LibavVideoSource instead of FFmpegSource' is selected, LibavVideoSource  get's used otherwise FFvideoSource get's used
 - and the source is inside an av container and 'Prefer AviSource for avi input' and there is a vfw decoder present for the FOURCC of the content AviSource get's used, otherwise
 - and the source is inside some container I forgot and 'LibavVideoSource instead of FFmpegSource' is selected, LibavVideoSource  get's used otherwise FFvideoSource get's used
Quote:
Is there a way to force Hybrid to use DirectShowSource (AviSynth) to decode the source video stream?
Not atm. since DirectShowSource seemed to system dependent and I don't know of a (programmically) fast way to check whether there is a DirectShowFilter present which supports the content.
(never really cared about DirectShowSource)

-> If you can provide a sample of such content, which allows me to reproduce the problem, I can look into it.

Cu Selur

Last edited by Selur; 2nd March 2014 at 07:52.
Selur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2014, 14:13   #2036  |  Link
digitall.h

Hi selur,
I have not worked a lot with Blu-ray sources lately. In my last encode I see a strange situation.
After finishing a x264 encode and viewing result I see some artefacts in the encode. I went back and previewed the same scene in Hybrid and I also see this same artefacts.
But when I play the original Blu-ray m2ts file in VLC, it plays smoothly, with no artefacts.
I put a capture to illustrate the problem. It is not exactly the same frame (I don't know how to get a capture with frame precision), but in original it was not there.
Original m2ts (VLC)

Encoded 264 (mplayer)

Is it a problem related to my mplayer/mencoder version?. I ask because mencoder is used to feed x264, isn't it?.
Is my system decoding badly the m2ts file?. Is it related to the ffmpeg version?
Old 2nd March 2014, 14:19   #2037  |  Link
Selur

Quote:
Is it a problem related to my mplayer/mencoder version?. I ask because mencoder is used to feed x264, isn't it?.
If either mencoder or ffmpeg is used depends on the settings and the input. -> check your job queue
An yes, different mencoder/mplayer/ffmpeg version can have an impact on the decoding (assuming you are not using Avisynth).

Just out of curiosity: Is the source interlaced VC-1 or interlaced AVC, both have are better decoded with more recent version.
Old 2nd March 2014, 14:39   #2038  |  Link
digitall.h

The mencoder call:
Code:
"/usr/bin/mencoder" -lavdopts threads=4 -really-quiet -ofps 23.976 -of rawvideo -o - "/home/The_Island/BDMV/STREAM/00000.m2ts" -ovc raw -vfm ffmpeg 
-noskip -vf scale,format=i420,crop=1920:800:0:140,scale,format=i420 -forcedsubsonly -nosub -nosound -mc 0 -vid 4113 -tsprobe 100000000
Uses mencoder, but then -vfm ffmpeg...

MediaInfo reports the source as VC-1 progressive.
I run Hybrid interlacing check and it reports the source as being progressive.

Last edited by digitall.h; 2nd March 2014 at 14:40. Reason: Bad display code
Old 2nd March 2014, 14:44   #2039  |  Link
Selur

'-vfm ffmpeg' -> the ffmpeg filters which were compiled into mencoder were used, so updating mencoder might help.
(if your ffmpeg version is newer than you mencoder version enabling 'prefer ffmpeg as decoder' might also help)
Old 2nd March 2014, 15:12   #2040  |  Link
digitall.h

My mplayer/mencoder version is SVN 34707. A bit old.
But I'm getting an error when compiling mplayer from SVN. I already posted it in ubuntuforums, but the thread is some months old...
The ppa you linked in your website, as you alerted, is outdated, and MOTU has not updated for the last 68 weeks.