Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > VirtualDub, VDubMod & AviDemux

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 7th June 2007, 12:23   #11  |  Link
Fjord

Gunnar, I have a request for the Use previous and future frames to fill in borders option. Could you add an option to start pass2 output immediately without waiting for Future frames to be read, and to continue until all frames of the input file are output?

It would make life alot easier if the output file frames matched the input frames exactly, with audio in sync. I know how to resync the audio via VDub's audio interlace dialog, but having the frames shifted 30 frames later in the AVI isn't too handy.

Could you process the first n (30) input frames with the number of future/previous frames starting at 0, and incrementing to n (30) by input frame 30. By that I mean to process input frame 1 (the second frame of the input) as if the user had specified only 1 previous/future frames. At the third frame you would have 2 previous frames in the buffer, and use only those to fill borders.

Similarly, to decrement the number of future frames at the end, to enable all of the input frames to be processed, although with fewer previous/future frames for the last few frames.

I usually have at least a second of leader and tail on my videos, so I wouldn't be bothered by degraded border fill in the first few and last few frames. But having the Deshake'd video a frame-for-frame match with the original would definitely make some editing steps easier, with respect to original timecode for example.

Does that make sense to you?

Edit: Perhaps the easiest programming solution would be to initialize the the entire previous frames buffer with copies of the first input frame, and at the end to append copies of the last input frame to the future frames buffer, until the last input frame is finally output.

Last edited by Fjord; 7th June 2007 at 13:00. Reason: Added idea for filling previous/future buffer.
Fjord is offline   Reply With Quote