Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 27th October 2012, 10:50   #741  |  Link
frencher
French Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by frencher View Post
I will not have time to look at here but I put the link here so if someone could patch MPEGSplitter.dll
MPC-HC MPEG Splitter change ax to dll.patch + MPEGSplitter.ax.rar
I re-encoded with ldecod and makes a demux with eac3to full and it worked for me the files are not corrupt.

Someone could patch the file ax ?

3DBD's Free - v0.0.0.0005.exe Old

Programing free for all.

Last edited by frencher; 27th October 2012 at 10:53.
frencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2012, 11:19   #742  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by frencher View Post
Someone could patch the file ax ?
I haven't tried it yet, but it seems that the latest AX doesn't need to be patched. Just rename it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neisklar View Post
I just had a look into the current source of that Splitter in the MediaPlayerClassic Repo.
They already included Peters MVC modifications.
So you should be able to just grab the lates build, get the MPEGSplitter.ax file out of it, rename it to .dll (there is no difference between .ax and .dll, it's only the extension) and have a try.
mpc-hc.sourceforge.net
Quote:
You need to go to "Other Systems & Versions", http://mpc-hc.sourceforge.net/downloads/ and get the standalone filters pack.
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2012, 11:26   #743  |  Link
MaistroX

What does this mean? ->

"
child process exited abnormally
child process exited abnormally
while executing
"close $fh"
(procedure "GenerateAvs" line 150)
invoked from within
"GenerateAvs"
invoked from within
".nbf5.gf.gen invoke "
invoked from within
".nbf5.gf.gen instate {pressed !disabled} { .nbf5.gf.gen state !pressed; .nbf5.gf.gen invoke } "
(command bound to event)
"
MaistroX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2012, 11:48   #744  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Well, it means that an exe called by the GUI has failed (and, additionally, that there is a bug in my code, as I should trap the error).

According to the error message, it seems that the error has occurred when the program was in the first phase of the demux process (when the main GUI window is still open and the status bar shows "Checking streams of M2TS file..."). Right?
If it's the case, then it's eac3to that has failed when it tries to retrieve the information from the M2TS file selected in the drop-down box at the top of tab 1. That phase is skipped when you select the MPLS file instead of the corresponding M2TS, so you can try to change that option and retry. It may work, or not. Anyway, if eac3to has had a problem, that means probably that there is something wrong with your BD.

I wonder why it has crashed. Can you open a command prompt and type:
Code:
"path_to\eac3to.exe" "X:\BDMV\STREAM\XXXXX.m2ts"
(where XXXXX.m2ts is the file shown by default in the dropdown box of tab 1).
Then, post here the eac3to error message. Thanks in advance.

Of course, I will fix the bug anyway, but without knowing the exact error message, I will not be able to find a workaround, and it will be only possible to display the error message and abort the conversion.
Old 27th October 2012, 11:50   #745  |  Link

Quote:
But finally the decoding part isn't anymore the bottleneck;-)

This will be going to get longer, so please excuse;-)

You really need to test what your system can display, and it is also most important how you play it:

External Player:
If i play for example an TB or SBS Video from my WDTV Live, then my TV set doesn't know anything about subtitles, and subtitle rendering, thats all the job of the WDTV. Furthermore the WDTV itself doesn't even know that it's displaying 3D content/TB/SBS. So the TV sets gets only a video with the subtittles "burned in". For that the subtitles must be duplicated one for the left and one time for the right eye (with maybe some deep offset).
Since the WDTV doesn't even know its' displaying 3D stuff, .srt subtitles won't work at all (unless someday in the future there is an firmewareupdate which lets the user chose to display them 3D style).
The other subtitles are the image based ones like .sup (BD) or .sub/idx (VobSub). The Player could duplicate and scale that image accordingly or - and thats what i think will be the only good working way to do it - have the subtitle images be already 3D subtitles. So playing 3D stuff works an all external players regardless of 3D support or not!

Internal Player of TV set:
My TV set for example can display .srt subtitles and sub/idx Subtitles, BD .sup ones not at all.
Having an TB 3D Video and displaying it NOT in 3D mode, .srt subtitles are shown, switching to 3D mode, .srt subtitles aren't shown at all. Maybe there will be an firmware update someday in the future.
And i have forgotten my testing results of .sub/idx image based subtitles in 3D mode. I will edit my post later if i did it again.

I have written an quick'n'dirty commandline tool which will convert .sup and .sub subtitles to 3D subtitles in either .sup or .sub format with settable deep, utilizing bdsup2sub++.exe
You can download it here (current Version V0.3): http://www.share-online.biz/download.php?id=XKFLN1CMBX6
Please be warned that it may crash, the result may not be as expected. For example i had one movie where the alpha was not correctly handled, so i got a big black bar on screen. Also the 3D subtitle file sare much larger.

To make things easy, put the bdsup2sub++.exe in the same dir as the tool and run it for example (default to OverUnder mode)
Code:
Suppe3D.exe -d 15 -if originalsubtitle.sup -of 3dsubtitle.sup
for SBS do:
Code:
Suppe3D.exe -sbs -d 15 -if originalsubtitle.sup -of 3dsubtitle.sup
Just run it without arguments to get a quick'n'dirty help

The -d param sets the deep, negative values are behind the screen. Don't set them to big, also it depends on the movie. I have for example one, where you even don't need deep at all, they are already placed out of the way of 'sticking out' objects.

This little tool won't be finished, please consider it only as a temporary solution till SassBot has the time to code that functionality inside the bdsup2sub++.exe

Edit2:

Take for example the commandline MeGui creates
Code:
"X:\Rip\MVCTOAVI.EXE\MeGui2153\tools\x264\avs4x264mod.exe" --level 4.1 --tune film --crf 20.0 --keyint 240 --sar 1:1 --output "O:\3DMovie.mkv" "O:\SourceScript.avs"
This little helper calls the x264 and ppasses through all arguments.

Or with an "normal" avs2yuv one
Code:
avs2yuv <input avs> -o - | x264_x64.exe [opts] -o <out_file> - --demuxer y4m
the Suppe3D V0.3 have a bug...
I try to use it conversion a BD .sup to 3D Left+Right Stereoscopic .sup,but frame rate 23.976 to 25.

24673583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2012, 11:55   #746  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Are you sure you use the latest version of BDSup2Sub++ (v1.0.0)? IIRC, SassBot has fixed a bug with the default frame rate occurring in a beta (and in BDSup2Sub.jar).

Anyway, I will check it here...
Old 27th October 2012, 12:01   #747  |  Link
MaistroX

I just in selected, in the box were I have *.MPLS and Time of movie, the *.MPLS and it started the encode right away, but got that fault messege if I had Time selected.

I will do the "path_to\eac3to.exe" "X:\BDMV\STREAM\XXXXX.m2ts" after the encode is done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
Well, it means that an exe called by the GUI has failed (and, additionally, that there is a bug in my code, as I should trap the error).

According to the error message, it seems that the error has occurred when the program was in the first phase of the demux process (when the main GUI window is still open and the status bar shows "Checking streams of M2TS file..."). Right?
If it's the case, then it's eac3to that has failed when it tries to retrieve the information from the M2TS file selected in the drop-down box at the top of tab 1. That phase is skipped when you select the MPLS file instead of the corresponding M2TS, so you can try to change that option and retry. It may work, or not. Anyway, if eac3to has had a problem, that means probably that there is something wrong with your BD.

I wonder why it has crashed. Can you open a command prompt and type:
Code:
"path_to\eac3to.exe" "X:\BDMV\STREAM\XXXXX.m2ts"
(where XXXXX.m2ts is the file shown by default in the dropdown box of tab 1).
Then, post here the eac3to error message. Thanks in advance.

Of course, I will fix the bug anyway, but without knowing the exact error message, I will not be able to find a workaround, and it will be only possible to display the error message and abort the conversion.
Old 27th October 2012, 12:06   #748  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaistroX View Post
... if I had Time selected.
What do you mean? Is it "m2ts" instead of "Time"?

Anyway, I have already modified the code to trap the error, display the eac3to error message in a dialog, and suggest to the user to try the MPLS file instead of the M2TS. If it works for you, let's hope it will work for other users too!
Old 27th October 2012, 12:39   #749  |  Link
Neisklar

Does anyone has the source of the ssifSource Avisynth Plugin?
Neisklar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2012, 13:39   #750  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24673583 View Post
the Suppe3D V0.3 have a bug...
I try to use it conversion a BD .sup to 3D Left+Right Stereoscopic .sup,but frame rate 23.976 to 25.

I have tried, and I can't reproduce that problem.

The latest versions of BDSup2Sub++ has a --load-settings command line argument, and when it is not provided, your previous settings are ignored. With older versions, it is possible that the conversion to 25fps is activated in the INI file, and used during the conversion. Also, there was a known bug with automatic conversion to 25fps when the command line was used. Thet bug has been fixed too. So, v1.0.0 should work without problem. (It's the version that is included with BD3D2MK3D.)

If you can reproduce the bug with v1.0.0, please let us know, and post the original subtitle stream somewhere.
Old 27th October 2012, 17:10   #751  |  Link
Nico8583

Quote:
The Intel Media SDK 2012 R3 MVC Encoder should be configurable to output the MVC stream in that special blu ray format.
Thanks, but how can I use that ?
Nico8583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2012, 19:56   #752  |  Link
MaistroX

Hi!

Just tryed to get ONLY sound and subtitles of Avatar 3D, but it just stopped, check here -> http://www.mediafire.com/file/hvvvu1...00854_mpls.rar
Old 27th October 2012, 20:03   #753  |  Link
Neisklar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico8583 View Post
Thanks, but how can I use that ?
Why not just download it and have a look? ;-)

There is, beside the source, a prebuild encode sample with corresponding doc, which can do an mvc encode (from yuv files) as single file and as 2 files like needed for blu ray. Then you just need the created h.264 bitstream files to be muxed in m2ts files.
Please don't ask me how to do the ssif interleaing of those two files. Thats done at file system level
Old 27th October 2012, 20:07   #754  |  Link
Neisklar

Quote:
Hi!

Just tryed to get ONLY sound and subtitles of Avatar 3D, but it just stopped, check here -> http://www.mediafire.com/file/hvvvu1...00854_mpls.rar
There are errors demuxing the first (english) subtitle stream, eac3to even states that the file maybe even damaged. i think tsMuxer can also demux, so have a try with that.
Old 27th October 2012, 20:44   #755  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Hi!

I see in the log, several lines with:
Code:
The source file seems to be damaged (discontinuity).
That error happens often with subtitle streams when the MPLS file is demuxed. It's why BD3D2MK3D demuxes the corresponding M2TS file when it's possible.
Unfortunately, if you can't demux the M2TS too, that means that your source is severely damaged. I'm affraid there is no solution with BD3D2MK3D. However, try to demux the subtitle stream with tsmuxer, as suggested by Neisklar, and use BD3D2MK3D to encode the video only. Mux manually with MkvMerge GUI. That may work, or not!
Old 27th October 2012, 20:49   #756  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
I just in selected, in the box were I have *.MPLS and Time of movie, the *.MPLS and it started the encode right away, but got that fault messege if I had Time selected.
I've just understood your message. The duration of the movie in the drop box is of course abnormal. It is probably there because eac3to has not printed the information about thr MPLS in its standard format, and that means that your BD is strange.

Can you post a screenshot of the first tab when the BD has just been loaded, and the content of the console log?
Old 27th October 2012, 22:10   #757  |  Link
Nico8583

Quote:
Why not just download it and have a look? ;-)

There is, beside the source, a prebuild encode sample with corresponding doc, which can do an mvc encode (from yuv files) as single file and as 2 files like needed for blu ray. Then you just need the created h.264 bitstream files to be muxed in m2ts files.
Please don't ask me how to do the ssif interleaing of those two files. Thats done at file system level
Thanks for these informations but I don't understand how work the SDK Intel, how do I need to use it, program it etc... And I can't spend much time at now...
I'll see that later
Nico8583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2012, 22:12   #758  |  Link
MaistroX

Had a bad backup! ;/

Quote:
I've just understood your message. The duration of the movie in the drop box is of course abnormal. It is probably there because eac3to has not printed the information about thr MPLS in its standard format, and that means that your BD is strange.

Can you post a screenshot of the first tab when the BD has just been loaded, and the content of the console log?
Old 27th October 2012, 22:26   #759  |  Link
MaistroX

@ r0lZ!

Another thing...
When I use the Convert subtitles to 3D, I choose one and convert, let say->
"7 Subtitle (PGS), English_exp.idx" and it gets saved as "7 Subtitle (PGS), English_exp 3D" after successful covertion.
I go on to choose the next to convert:
Say for ex: "13 Subtitle (PGS), Swedish_exp" but I have to go manually and rename "7 Subtitle (PGS), English_exp 3D" to what I now are converting.... "13 Subtitle (PGS), Swedish_exp 3D".
Can u make it suggest allways the same path and only add the "3D" as in the first choice allso on the second one and third ans so on!?

Allos, noticed that the subtitles coverted are ALOT downsized and one can see that itīs not as good as a "real" 3D-subtitle, can that be changed? Maby have an option for a better quality in 3D outcome subtitle!?

Regards MaistroX

Last edited by MaistroX; 28th October 2012 at 01:55. Reason: Forgot something! :)
Old 28th October 2012, 08:20   #760  |  Link

Quote:
I have tried, and I can't reproduce that problem.

The latest versions of BDSup2Sub++ has a --load-settings command line argument, and when it is not provided, your previous settings are ignored. With older versions, it is possible that the conversion to 25fps is activated in the INI file, and used during the conversion. Also, there was a known bug with automatic conversion to 25fps when the command line was used. Thet bug has been fixed too. So, v1.0.0 should work without problem. (It's the version that is included with BD3D2MK3D.)

If you can reproduce the bug with v1.0.0, please let us know, and post the original subtitle stream somewhere.
I'm sure BDSup2Sub++ is v1.0.0, Suppe3D is v0.3
when a use batch commandline "Suppe3D.exe -sbs -d 15 -if eng.sup -of eng_3d.sup"
then frame rate 23.976 to 25. The latter part of timeline change to start from 12 hour.
24673583 is offline   Reply With Quote