Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

 

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 14th April 2018, 22:39   #1621  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer
 
LoRd_MuldeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Last House on Slunk Street
Posts: 12,870
I'm using MediaInfo with XML output to analyze media files and extract the cover artwork.

But, unfortunately, I noticed that latest MediaInfo (v18.03.1) does not output <Cover_Data> tag anymore, even with --Full option set

I suspect this has something to do with:
Quote:
Attachments: do not provide anymore attachments content in XML by default, reducing XML output size
What CLI option do I have to set to get the cover data again?

__________________
There was of course no way of knowing whether you were being watched at any given moment.
How often, or on what system, the Thought Police plugged in on any individual wire was guesswork.



Last edited by LoRd_MuldeR; 14th April 2018 at 22:42.
LoRd_MuldeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2018, 13:16   #1622  |  Link
Zenitram
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: France, Paris
Posts: 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoRd_MuldeR View Post
I'm using MediaInfo with XML output to analyze media files and extract the cover artwork.

But, unfortunately, I noticed that latest MediaInfo (v18.03.1) does not output <Cover_Data> tag anymore, even with --Full option set

I suspect this has something to do with:


What CLI option do I have to set to get the cover data again?

Right, I removed the presence of cover data by default, as it is not often used and make MediaInfo creating big XML files and with some (little) performance impact by default.

But it definitely lacks of documentation about how to active it, [documentation is on my ToDo-list](https://mediaarea.net/Vote/Mediainfo...umentation-127).

Magic hidden setting: add " --Cover_Data=base64" (or MediaInfo::Option("Cover_Data", "base64").

As usual when there are lot of users, a change in default value has some impact on a couple of users , sorry for that.
__________________
Want to know all about your media files? http://mediaarea.net/MediaInfo
Zenitram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2018, 14:21   #1623  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer
 
LoRd_MuldeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Last House on Slunk Street
Posts: 12,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenitram View Post
But it definitely lacks of documentation about how to active it, [documentation is on my ToDo-list](https://mediaarea.net/Vote/Mediainfo...umentation-127).
Yeah, writing documentation is pain. Not only it takes a whole lot of time (if you want to do it properly), it tends to be outdated the very next day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenitram View Post
Magic hidden setting: add " --Cover_Data=base64" (or MediaInfo::Option("Cover_Data", "base64").
Thanks for the quick reply. That works like a charm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenitram View Post
As usual when there are lot of users, a change in default value has some impact on a couple of users , sorry for that.
No problem. I understand why the "new" default makes sense for most use-cases. And with the "magic setting" all is good for my use-case.
__________________
There was of course no way of knowing whether you were being watched at any given moment.
How often, or on what system, the Thought Police plugged in on any individual wire was guesswork.



Last edited by LoRd_MuldeR; 15th April 2018 at 14:23.
LoRd_MuldeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:31.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.