Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Old 19th September 2008, 18:38   #101  |  Link
QuadcoreHD

That is an older machine, but I don't see any reason anyDVD shouldn't work. I think you're going to have some trouble playing any blu-ray discs from the drive using your computer, but can you try that? does it read the disc correctly when attempting to play it? If you have an issue with a BD disc try a standard DVD.

Let me know what the result is.
Old 19th September 2008, 18:55   #102  |  Link
raymondtrudeau

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadcoreHD View Post
That is an older machine, but I don't see any reason anyDVD shouldn't work. I think you're going to have some trouble playing any blu-ray discs from the drive using your computer, but can you try that? does it read the disc correctly when attempting to play it? If you have an issue with a BD disc try a standard DVD.

Let me know what the result is.
ok thanks i did get it to copy to my hard drive then i used tsmuxer (tsremux kept giving errors)...and choose the largest m2ts file which is 0000.m2ts (for the movie saw 4 )and 5.1 dd then remux to my hard drive...now i have 1 m2ts file that is 18gb ..now is this all i need to do to play it on my upcoming popcorn a110?

Last edited by raymondtrudeau; 19th September 2008 at 19:07.
raymondtrudeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2008, 20:46   #103  |  Link
7saigon5

I try everything and played with Power DVD but I hear only sound of the movie???Please advise!Thanks!
7saigon5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2008, 06:50   #104  |  Link
QuadcoreHD

@raymondtrudeau

I'm sorry but I honestly don't know if an .m2ts file will play directly on the popcorn a110. From doing a bit of research on google it appears it SHOULD work, but I cannot guarantee this. You may want to post in another section on doom9, or hopefully someone here will read this and give you an answer - I'm sorry that I cannot help you more there. Other than that it sounds like you did the demuxing/remuxing correctly - nice work! As always, please let me know what the result is.

@7saigon5

You must give more information. What settings did you use in tsmuxer? what movie is this? do you have AnyDVD running when trying this? what are your machine specs? etc... any and all information you can provide would be helpful.

Thanks,

Q
Old 21st September 2008, 19:51   #105  |  Link
EPiPH0NE
b4k3d

Yes, TS/M2TS files play on ALL NMT's.
EPiPH0NE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2008, 20:56   #106  |  Link
raymondtrudeau

so even if the movie has multiple m2ts files (seamless branching) all i have to do is open the "main movie" playist file (.mpls file) directly and mux all relevant movie tracks automatically.
Old 22nd September 2008, 01:20   #107  |  Link
EPiPH0NE
b4k3d

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymondtrudeau View Post
so even if the movie has multiple m2ts files (seamless branching) all i have to do is open the "main movie" playist file (.mpls file) directly and mux all relevant movie tracks automatically.

Not really.

For MPEG2 seamless branching you can use tsMuxeR

For AVC you need to use eac3to.
Old 22nd September 2008, 04:21   #108  |  Link
SamuriHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPiPH0NE View Post
Not really.

For MPEG2 seamless branching you can use tsMuxeR

For AVC you need to use eac3to.
Huh? You're suggesting that TSMuxer can't do seamless branching with AVC titles? If that's what you're saying, that's completely wrong. If that's not what you're saying, I misunderstood.
SamuriHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2008, 05:50   #109  |  Link
EPiPH0NE
b4k3d

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
Huh? You're suggesting that TSMuxer can't do seamless branching with AVC titles? If that's what you're saying, that's completely wrong. If that's not what you're saying, I misunderstood.
I thought he wanted to know about NMT and that's what you need to do for it. I think you can use just tsMuxeR for most stand alone BluRay Disc players but I'm not sure.
Old 22nd September 2008, 13:25   #110  |  Link
SamuriHL

Quote:
I thought he wanted to know about NMT and that's what you need to do for it. I think you can use just tsMuxeR for most stand alone BluRay Disc players but I'm not sure.
Ok, then it was my misunderstanding. That's fine. I use TSMuxer on all my discs with no problems.
Old 22nd September 2008, 21:12   #111  |  Link
raymondtrudeau

sorry the end result the m2ts file will be for the nmt....but first i would use any dvd to rip it to my hard drive then use ts muxer and create 1 m2ts?
Old 23rd September 2008, 01:47   #112  |  Link
EPiPH0NE
b4k3d

Quote:
sorry the end result the m2ts file will be for the nmt....but first i would use any dvd to rip it to my hard drive then use ts muxer and create 1 m2ts?

Only if it is MPEG2 you can load the MPLS file into tsMuxeR and mux to TS/M2TS. If it's AVC you need to use eac3to or the audio will go out of sync at the join points on the NMT.
Old 24th September 2008, 03:03   #113  |  Link
raymondtrudeau

Quote:
Only if it is MPEG2 you can load the MPLS file into tsMuxeR and mux to TS/M2TS. If it's AVC you need to use eac3to or the audio will go out of sync at the join points on the NMT.
is this only for seamless branch movies? and if i do use eac3to is this just for the audio? i have downloaded the eac3to and the gui..boy does that ever look overwhelming...how do i use that program..thanks iam learning alot...

Last edited by raymondtrudeau; 24th September 2008 at 03:24.
Old 24th September 2008, 08:22   #114  |  Link
EPiPH0NE
b4k3d

Quote:
is this only for seamless branch movies?
Yes. For non seamless branch movies you can just use tsMuxeR if you want if you don't need HD audio.

Quote:
and if i do use eac3to is this just for the audio?
No, eac3to will also properly join the video as well.

Quote:
i have downloaded the eac3to and the gui..boy does that ever look overwhelming...how do i use that program..thanks iam learning alot...
Since your new at this you may wanna have a look at ToNMT UI:

http://www.networkedmediatank.com/sh...d.php?tid=1786
Old 25th September 2008, 11:14   #115  |  Link
dat720

eac3to looks overwhelming but its pretty straight forward to use, check out my HDDVD 2 AVI guide i have a run down in there on how to use eac3to. http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=137128
dat720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2008, 17:04   #116  |  Link
hidefaddict

I appreciate the effort that went into the guide, but I'm new at ripping Blu-Rays (have been ripping DVDs for years). So I follow all the steps exactly: Rip with AnyDVD, use Tsmuxer to pull out the feature only, create an image with ImgBurn, load with DaemonTools and attempt to play. (I did skip the combining together step, as I only have 1 .m2ts for my feature). Tsmuxer finishes without problem and it looks like a valid BD disc structure. Again, ImgBurn creates the image successfully. I load it up with DaemonTools, but then PowerDVD (or the built in HP BD DVD Play tool that came with my system) refuse to play it. PowerDVD says I need to update - it attempts it, but doesn't actually update anything, and basically stops playback there. HP BD DVD Play does pretty much the same exact routine. I've tried with 2 or 3 different discs and have the same result every time. I'm running Vista 64-bit, if that makes any difference.

Any thoughts/help/advice would be appreciated.
hidefaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2008, 17:08   #117  |  Link
SamuriHL

Yea, ditch Daemon Tools. This problem is starting to get really old now. (Sorry, venting in general, not at you...you didn't know). You need to remove the SPDT driver (or whatever the hell it's called) as well as Daemon Tools doesn't remove it. You need the stand alone installer for that which will be able to uninstall it. Next get yourself a copy of Virtual CloneDrive over at Slysoft's site. It's free and works perfectly for what you're trying to do. I truly wish they'd fix Daemon Tools cause far too many people have this problem and blame everything BUT daemon tools for the problem. Anyway, that'll get you going.
Old 26th September 2008, 19:09   #118  |  Link
hidefaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
Yea, ditch Daemon Tools. This problem is starting to get really old now. (Sorry, venting in general, not at you...you didn't know). You need to remove the SPDT driver (or whatever the hell it's called) as well as Daemon Tools doesn't remove it. You need the stand alone installer for that which will be able to uninstall it. Next get yourself a copy of Virtual CloneDrive over at Slysoft's site. It's free and works perfectly for what you're trying to do. I truly wish they'd fix Daemon Tools cause far too many people have this problem and blame everything BUT daemon tools for the problem. Anyway, that'll get you going.
Thanks for the quick reply .... I'll definitely try that later tonight. I'm not in front of my PC now (stuck at work) but would this be the SPDT installer that you're referring to:

http://www.duplexsecure.com/downloads

??
hidefaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2008, 19:26   #119  |  Link
SamuriHL

Yea, that's the one. The latest version of DT caused this wonderful problem. And it's been a real nightmare as people one by one discover it and blame all manner of things for the issue. (AnyDVD is a common target for any and all playback problems.) Virtual CloneDrive works very well and has been updated to make it work with just about any player now if you're using the latest beta.

http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/Setu...eDrive5408.exe
Old 26th September 2008, 19:28   #120  |  Link
QuadcoreHD

Samuri, can you elaborate on the issue you described? I've never had an issue playing any ISOs with Daemon tools.

If there is a problem affecting many people I'd like to update that in the guide.