Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > DVD2AVI / DGIndex
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 15th August 2009, 19:31   #161  |  Link
prokhozhijj

Quote:
Originally Posted by audionut View Post
a good start would be to download this and provide a screen shot of the main screen.

http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads...-z_v0.3.4.html
Name:  nvidia.jpg
Views: 474
Size:  53.4 KB
Old 15th August 2009, 19:41   #162  |  Link
prokhozhijj

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
I don't believe it. And if by some miracle it happens to be true, then we should investigate it further.
Please see attached file.

Name:  nvidia2.jpg
Views: 451
Size:  23.1 KB
Old 15th August 2009, 19:43   #163  |  Link
Sulik

Your signature says you have a 8800GTS - IIRC, unless it's a GTS512, it doesn't have VP2
Sulik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2009, 19:49   #164  |  Link
Revgen

Quote:
I don't believe it. And if by some miracle it happens to be true, then we should investigate it further.
A 320mb version of a PNY 8800 GTS (VP1) is on e-bay for a "Buy it Now" price of 100 bucks if anybody wants to investigate.

Curly: Burned at the stake!

Moe: Why?

Curly: A hot steak is always better than a cold chop.
Revgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2009, 20:30   #165  |  Link

@prokhozhijj

Since you claim to have a card that is not formally supported I'm just not going to spend any time on apparent mysteries.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2009, 20:44   #166  |  Link
woah!

Quote:
Yes, you can just use "Video/Cropping Filter" to crop it.

I have seen some streams that have good content in that last 8 pixels and thought it would be useful to have the option to retain it when resizing. I'm open to reconsidering that decision if it bothers people too much.
its not a bother, its just i sometimes forget to crop 8 off when processing. just have to do it a few times for it to become a habit :0
woah! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2009, 20:45   #167  |  Link
prokhozhijj

Quote:
@prokhozhijj

Since you claim to have a card that is not formally supported I'm just not going to spend any time on apparent mysteries.
Ok, I've understood this. But please think about this:

Quote:
The Second Generation PureVideo HD

Starting with the G84/G86 GPUs (sold as the GeForce 8400/8500/8600 series), NVIDIA substantially re-designed GPU's H.264 decoding block. The second generation PureVideo HD added a dedicated bitstream processor (BSP) and enhanced video processor, which enabled the GPU to completely offload the H.264-decoding pipeline. VC-1 acceleration was also improved, with PureVideo HD now able to offload more of VC-1-decoding pipeline's backend (inverse discrete cosine transform (iDCT) and motion compensation stages.) The frontend (bitstream) pipeline is still decoded by the host CPU[3]. The second generation PureVideo HD enabled mainstream PCs to play HD-DVD and Blu-ray movies, as the majority of the processing-intenstive video-decoding was now offloaded to the GPU. From Forceware 178.24 onwards, VP2 capable cards are able to decode H.264 High@L5.0 while ATI UVD2 can support up to H.264 High@L4.1.

The second generation PureVideo HD is sometimes called "PureVideo HD 2" or VP2, although this is not an official NVIDIA designation.
There is nothing about MPEG2 decoding, only about VC-1 and h.264. So I tend to think that your software should work correctly with my graphics card.

I also downloaded file with title "PureVideo HD Support" from NVidia site. According to this document my video card does not support only following features:
- H.264 Decode with IDCT and CAVLC/CABAC
- VC-1/WMV Decode Acceleration with IDCT
- H.264 Decode with IDCT and CAVLC/CABAC
- VC-1/WMV Decode Acceleration with IDCT
- Dynamic Tone Enhancement
- Dynamic Contrast Enhancement

Again there is no any word about MPEG2 decoding.

If I am not right please point me where.

Last edited by prokhozhijj; 15th August 2009 at 20:59.
prokhozhijj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2009, 21:22   #168  |  Link
Revgen

^So you want MPEG-2 indexing but not VC1 or AVC?

What is it that you want from DGMPGIndexNV that you can't get from DGIndex and DGDecode? Purevideo Deinterlacing?

Also, do you play games alot with your card? If so, then I can understand why you want to keep your card instead of just buying a cheap 8400 GS.

Curly: Burned at the stake!

Moe: Why?

Curly: A hot steak is always better than a cold chop.

Last edited by Revgen; 15th August 2009 at 21:25.
Revgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2009, 21:54   #169  |  Link
prokhozhijj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revgen View Post
^So you want MPEG-2 indexing but not VC1 or AVC?
What is it that you want from DGMPGIndexNV that you can't get from DGIndex and DGDecode? Purevideo Deinterlacing?
Also, do you play games alot with your card?
Yes for the present. Yes. Yes.

But is this so important? I spent my money (not so much truly) and time (a lot of and this is more important) for this soft. First of all I want to know why Beta4 works with my card properly (except for deinterlace=2) but following versions does not, though they can (according to docs). I think that it is a bug in software. And if I really spent time testing the software, I expect that the developer will give me good explanation (not the runaround) why I am not right.

Thank you for your understanding in advance.

Last edited by prokhozhijj; 15th August 2009 at 22:11.
Old 16th August 2009, 01:26   #170  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by prokhozhijj View Post
I expect that the developer will give me good explanation (not the runaround)
Send me an email and I'll refund your donation.

Beta 5 and beyond no longer use the D3D framework and I suppose this Nvidia change has broken MPEG2 for your G80 GPU. But I always said this card was not supported so you've no reason to start insulting me.

Here's what my website says:

"DGMPGDecNV runs on Nvidia graphics cards that support CUDA video decoding. That means the card must have a VP2 or greater engine. VP1 is not supported! You can check which engine your card has here:"

...and there follows a link to the Nvidia list of cards and engines.

Last edited by Guest; 16th August 2009 at 01:41.
Old 16th August 2009, 03:05   #171  |  Link
halsboss
likes to tinker

Bad luck, prokhozhijj. but neuron2 is right.

On the plus side, neuron2's non-NV tools work great too !

For mpeg2 stuff (I need 1080i -> 576i) I've found that my quick'n'dirty non-deinterlacing resizing in avisynth produces a more pleasing visual result for me than Nvidia's deinterlacing and then reinterlacing in avisynth later anyway; and it isn't all that much slower for mpeg2 to do it that way.

Last edited by halsboss; 16th August 2009 at 03:15.
halsboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2009, 03:08   #172  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by halsboss View Post
For mpeg2 stuff (I need 1080i -> 576i) I've found that my quick'n'dirty non-deinterlacing resizing in avisynth produces a more pleasing visual result for me than Nvidia's deinterlacing and then reinterlacing in avisynth later anyway; and it's isn't all that much slower for mpeg2 to do it that way.
What exactly is your method?
Old 16th August 2009, 03:20   #173  |  Link
halsboss
likes to tinker

Dirty. Very dirty. Method copied from another thread. 1st script in this post http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?...&postcount=111 Eye of the beholder stuff, it was "for me"

Am open to other suggestions (link to threads maybe). very fast sports action on a huge grassed field, 36 players, 5 umpires, with lots and lots of panning, zooming, cuts and whatnot.

Last edited by halsboss; 16th August 2009 at 03:27.
Old 16th August 2009, 03:52   #174  |  Link

I can't believe that looks better than doing double rate with PureVideo and then reinterlacing.
Old 16th August 2009, 07:51   #175  |  Link
halsboss
likes to tinker

Seems funny, doesn't it, but there you go. 1440x1080i -> 576i. Source deleted now, next capture a week away probably a different channel too.
Old 16th August 2009, 08:51   #176  |  Link
prokhozhijj

Quote:
Send me an email and I'll refund your donation.
I understand that it was my fault so I will not to ask you to give my money back.

Quote:
Beta 5 and beyond no longer use the D3D framework and I suppose this Nvidia change has broken MPEG2 for your G80 GPU.
Thank you for this explanation. That's all I wanted from you (for now ).

Quote:
But I always said this card was not supported so you've no reason to start insulting me.
May be my English is not good enough. This is not my native language. So I am really sorry if you think that I want to insult you.

Last edited by prokhozhijj; 16th August 2009 at 08:53.
Old 16th August 2009, 15:11   #177  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by halsboss View Post
Seems funny, doesn't it, but there you go. 1440x1080i -> 576i. Source deleted now, next capture a week away probably a different channel too.
I'd be curious to see screenshots and a source clip when you are able to generate them.
Old 16th August 2009, 15:15   #178  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by prokhozhijj View Post
May be my English is not good enough.
Thanks for your clarification. The phrase "runaround" implies an intention to evade or deceive. I think if you review my history you'll see that is not my way.
Old 17th August 2009, 08:38   #179  |  Link
halsboss
likes to tinker

I know people who work for government agencies... It can also mean not putting in the necessary effort to achieve an outcome, for whatever reason
Old 17th August 2009, 12:35   #180  |  Link
GZZ

hey Neuron2, what are working on for Beta 8 of your really great tool ?

Allowing multiple connection to GPU would be nice or atleast a warning so it dosnt kill the cuvidserver.

/GZZ
GZZ is offline   Reply With Quote