Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Subtitles
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 28th December 2015, 19:10   #1  |  Link
sirt
x264 fan

SupRip 1.16 space not recognized between two words

Hi,

What can you do if space is not recognized between two words e.g. "flyaway" instead of "fly away" ? I don't have the time to edit .srt manually.
sirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2016, 13:31   #2  |  Link
minaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirt View Post
Hi,

What can you do if space is not recognized between two words e.g. "flyaway" instead of "fly away" ? I don't have the time to edit .srt manually.
In the lower left of the Suprip window is a frame named "Options". The top option is "Space width". The default is 12. Lowering this number reduces the amount of white space required to call a space as a space between words. Going too far down, and you'll have a new problem - words broken in the middle.

To an extent, this is something you have to live with. I'm working on a title that is eaten up with run-together words. I lowered the space width down to 8, and I still have run-together words, only now I'm having broken words too.

The run-together words are easier to find and fix. Use a subtitle editor with a good spell checker, like Aegisub. Aegisub excels at finding and fixing just that error.
minaust is offline   Reply With Quote