Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 29th March 2012, 17:51   #10161  |  Link
Sebastiii

Thanks Nev
Old 29th March 2012, 19:44   #10162  |  Link
dukey

Quote:
Originally Posted by egur View Post
You can use ZoomPlayer - it will allow to setup a custom renderer.

I don't have a 3D display of any kind. I'm not a big fan of the technology and my guess is that it will go away like it did in the 50's and 80's.
It causes headaches after a prolonged use.
I used to work writing stereoscopic 3d software. Written shaders for pretty much most types of outputs, including autostereoscopic displays. Displays which don't need glasses and have up to 9 views. But yeah they do cause headaches. I can't watch stereo for any length of time. The problem is the miss match between the focal length and convergence point. You are trying to make your eyes do something they were never designed to do. For short periods it is a fun novelty though.
dukey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2012, 20:26   #10163  |  Link
STaRGaZeR
4:2:0 hater

3D as it is now is a complete dead end IMO, but you know, they need something like this every now and then to sell more TVs and stuff.
That way, you have xxxx[p|i]yyy, where xxxx is the vertical resolution, yyy is the temporal resolution, and 'i' says the image has been irremediably destroyed.
STaRGaZeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2012, 20:35   #10164  |  Link
DragonQ

I have a request: the option to add Start menu shortcuts when installing/upgrading.

It's really annoying that every time I upgrade to a new version using the installer, I have to move the "LAV Filters" Start menu sub-folder to where I want it to be. I hate Apple for doing this (among other things) but at least LAV Filters doesn't keep creating desktop shortcuts too.
Old 30th March 2012, 14:21   #10165  |  Link
CruNcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by STaRGaZeR View Post
3D as it is now is a complete dead end IMO, but you know, they need something like this every now and then to sell more TVs and stuff.
Cool some people aren't yet totally blinded, 3D has a use but it's not in the Consumer Space

It is about Time

Join the Revolution NOW before it is to Late !

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=168004
CruNcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2012, 15:22   #10166  |  Link
kalston

There have been a couple of serious surveys in my country (France) showing that a large majority of people prefer 2D and not just because of the higher price. They actually criticized the picture quality and lack of comfort as well (especially for people wearing glasses everyday) and they were your average joe, not even nerds or anything.
kalston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2012, 15:46   #10167  |  Link
CruNcher

As i said they should have better pushed the 10 bit age slowly into Consumer Space but they decided for 3D so most probably 10 bit Consumer Hardware/Software is next

It is about Time

Join the Revolution NOW before it is to Late !

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=168004

Last edited by CruNcher; 30th March 2012 at 15:48.
CruNcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2012, 15:56   #10168  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

3D was pushed because even average joes can see the difference, and alot of them do jump onto the bandwagon, even though alot of other people don't like it.

There is very little visible advantage in 10-bit, which means very little reason for people to invest into it.
4K will be the next thing, although average joe won't be able to see the difference either.

I doubt myself that current 3D tech is very long lived, however that doesn't mean i won't try to support it, and if its just for the challenge of getting it working.

Last edited by nevcairiel; 30th March 2012 at 16:32.
nevcairiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2012, 17:42   #10169  |  Link
Snowknight26

http://stfcc.org/misc/lav_crash.wtv

Exception in avcodec-lav-54.dll when using the 64-bit version of the filters.
Snowknight26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2012, 18:22   #10170  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

If you have problems with WTV playback, i suggest to use LAV for WTV splitting, it works better in combination with LAV decoders.
The MS WTV splitter does something really odd to the video, and i cannot figure out why it breaks.

Either use LAV + LAV, or use MS Splitter with MS Decoder, using MS Splitter with LAV Decoders is just broken for some unknown reason.
Old 30th March 2012, 19:06   #10171  |  Link
Xaurus

Hi guys,

I can't get any subtitle to show. Is there a problem in the latest mpc-hc or something? I mean only embedded subtitles, not external.
I've tried fiddling with LAV splitter, using the advanced mode etc. but nothing works. In madvr I can't find any options either.

edit: nevermind, for some reason subtitles in mpc-hc was not set to enabled in the navigate menu.

Last edited by Xaurus; 30th March 2012 at 22:53.
Xaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2012, 23:51   #10172  |  Link
mbordas

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
If you have problems with WTV playback, i suggest to use LAV for WTV splitting, it works better in combination with LAV decoders.
The MS WTV splitter does something really odd to the video, and i cannot figure out why it breaks.

Either use LAV + LAV, or use MS Splitter with MS Decoder, using MS Splitter with LAV Decoders is just broken for some unknown reason.
has anyone tried and/or succeeded using LAVFilters with WMC? I tried disabling everything with win7dsfiltertweaker, but it results in weird glitchy playback.
mbordas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2012, 03:19   #10173  |  Link
Shark007

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbordas View Post
has anyone tried and/or succeeded using LAVFilters with WMC? I tried disabling everything with win7dsfiltertweaker, but it results in weird glitchy playback.
Since Nev has no interest in supporting the Windows players, you should choose to use the Shark007 codecs (instead of installing LAV on your own), and the LAV filters will work properly in Media Center.

Last edited by Shark007; 31st March 2012 at 03:26.
Shark007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2012, 07:36   #10174  |  Link
betaking
Fantasy Codecs writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark007 View Post
Since Nev has no interest in supporting the Windows players, you should choose to use the Shark007 codecs (instead of installing LAV on your own), and the LAV filters will work properly in Media Center.
TO Shark,i dont see clsid In this post to recommend the K-LITE!So,You recommend you work?This is the NEV work specifically posts, not the place to advertise your stuff!
PS:You are each time an update In addition to updating the decoder and splitter, there is nothing amazing?
PPS:You just package! it is still on the home page, put the FFMPEG source code download link, you are funny?

Last edited by betaking; 31st March 2012 at 07:38.
betaking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2012, 14:25   #10175  |  Link
Shark007

To Mr Fantasy,
the users question is specific, "has anyone tried and/or succeeded using LAVFilters with WMC?" and I responded to that question.
He goes on to state he already tried to use Klite's tool, "win7dsfiltertweaker" and further states "but it results in weird glitchy playback."

So, since I know my software does allow LAV to be used in Media Center, I suggested he try it.
It isnt advertising anything; it is offering a solution to the question posed.
I am sorry you were offended by my presentation of a working solution to his inquiry.
Shark007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2012, 15:06   #10176  |  Link
ney2x

Quote:
Originally Posted by betaking View Post
TO Shark,i dont see clsid In this post to recommend the K-LITE!So,You recommend you work?This is the NEV work specifically posts, not the place to advertise your stuff!
PS:You are each time an update In addition to updating the decoder and splitter, there is nothing amazing?
PPS:You just package! it is still on the home page, put the FFMPEG source code download link, you are funny?
^ This is a big fight Seriously, please be polite. I feel like you bashed him too much. If you visit his forum, you'll know what I'm telling you.
ney2x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2012, 16:00   #10177  |  Link
mbordas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark007 View Post
I know that there are issues with WMC, it's been discussed before. The combo of Media Browser+MPC-HC+LAV+etc is the best workaround, but not for live TV. And I've used your package before and found it to work fine, it's honestly just overkill for me. Perhaps you could let us in on what tweaks you've found to make the codec pack work?
mbordas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2012, 16:57   #10178  |  Link
Qaq
AV heretic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruNcher View Post
As i said they should have better pushed the 10 bit age slowly into Consumer Space but they decided for 3D so most probably 10 bit Consumer Hardware/Software is next
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
There is very little visible advantage in 10-bit, which means very little reason for people to invest into it.
8-bit BDs with bad picture and 10-bit BDs with good picture. They could sell it.
Not sure about documental video though, it has good picture already.
Who cares about 4k video? People with 100m halls and projectors? What we need is 50, 60fps video with really good picture.
Qaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2012, 17:00   #10179  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

TVs can already do 50/60 fps just fine. We were only talking about new TVs, not the media around it. Going to 50/60 fps on Blu-rays would not sell new TVs.

Just from a technical standpoint, 4K is desperately needed. A small 22" Screen has already 1080p today, heck the new 10" iPad has a higher resolution then that, still a 50" TV (or even bigger) has the same resolution?
Its a technological stand-still, which is never a good thing.

Last edited by nevcairiel; 31st March 2012 at 17:03.
nevcairiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2012, 17:29   #10180  |  Link
STaRGaZeR
4:2:0 hater

Higher resolution, more than 8-bit samples, no chroma subsampling, higher framerates, abolition of interlacing...

So much to do and so many idiots in the industry.
That way, you have xxxx[p|i]yyy, where xxxx is the vertical resolution, yyy is the temporal resolution, and 'i' says the image has been irremediably destroyed.
STaRGaZeR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
decoders, directshow, filters, splitter