Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Closed Thread

Old 19th November 2009, 11:50   #10541  |  Link
tetsuo55
MPC-HC Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by snyders6dogrecipe View Post
Thank you. I did install the latest DX, and with 2D on it is still the same.
Ok, what about the renderer settings, which settings make the eye sore problem go away
Old 19th November 2009, 13:59   #10542  |  Link
Darkvater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leak View Post
The proper way to fix this is once and for all is to install the DirectX runtime - yes, even under Windows 7, since it doesn't come with any recent version of DirectX 9 either.
Ok, that's acceptable. Will MPC-HC have such a warning for Windows7 users or change the default output?
Old 19th November 2009, 14:15   #10543  |  Link
tetsuo55
MPC-HC Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkvater View Post
Ok, that's acceptable. Will MPC-HC have such a warning for Windows7 users or change the default output?
Plans are to update the installer to include the dx web installer and inform the user from there.

For the exe files the readme and website should be updated to inform the user better of the minimum requirements.

Also please be aware, that the DX update includes updates for all DX versions from 9 to 11
Old 19th November 2009, 14:44   #10544  |  Link
Mercury_22

@ tetsuo
Just an idea : I think it will be better that you to start a new MPC-HC thread and put the "Troubleshooting_guidelines" ( and Bugs Reporting ?) on the first page cause this one it's already too big and the most part of it contains old / irrelevant info for the current version

Last edited by Mercury_22; 19th November 2009 at 15:36.
Old 19th November 2009, 15:12   #10545  |  Link
snyders6dogrecipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsuo55 View Post
Ok, what about the renderer settings, which settings make the eye sore problem go away
Well, I realized that both the earlier and current versions of MPC have somewhat rough playback that is hard on my eyes.

However, when I enable "lock back buffer" in 908, it all becomes perfectly smooth. But no combination of the gpu settings for the newer builds can fix the video as well as back buffer setting. So, I believe reintroducing this function could solve my problem.
Old 19th November 2009, 15:28   #10546  |  Link
tetsuo55
MPC-HC Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury_22 View Post
@ tetsuo
Just an idea : I think it will be better that you to start a new MPC-HC thread and put the "Troubleshooting_guidelines" ( and Bugs Reporting ?) on the first page cause this one it's already to big and the most part of it contains old / irrelevant info for the current version
thats a good idea, i will contact xxl
Quote:
Well, I realized that both the earlier and current versions of MPC have somewhat rough playback that is hard on my eyes.

However, when I enable "lock back buffer" in 908, it all becomes perfectly smooth. But no combination of the gpu settings for the newer builds can fix the video as well as back buffer setting. So, I believe reintroducing this function could solve my problem.
what happens when you try it with this build: http://www.bahnhofbredband.se/~wb118...mplayercgs.exe
Old 19th November 2009, 16:05   #10547  |  Link
snyders6dogrecipe

It's very hard for me to get that player to open...when I did, there was tearing where there wasn't before, and the video still wasn't as slick as when it has the backbuffer option..
Old 19th November 2009, 16:43   #10548  |  Link
tetsuo55
MPC-HC Project Manager

Quote:
It's very hard for me to get that player to open...when I did, there was tearing where there wasn't before, and the video still wasn't as slick as when it has the backbuffer option..
please read the manual, it is very different from all builds you tried before

manual: http://www.ostrogothia.com/?page_id=1050
Old 19th November 2009, 17:47   #10549  |  Link
alexins
MPC-BE DEV

Media Player Classic HomeCinema (x86/x64), svn 1345

Supported languages: BR, BY, CN, CZ, DE, EN, ES, FR, HU, IT, KR, PL, RU, SE, SK, TR, UA

Changes log

(1343-1345):

Fixed : duplicate shader code;
fix audio playback issue when incoming data have 0 length;
Updated : Polish translation.
Old 19th November 2009, 21:34   #10550  |  Link
matthew_eli

I don't know if it is already posted but I've a problem with g45 in my ACER laptop(Timeline Travelmate 8471) and DXVA on Windows 7 x64: sometimes (every 5 min) in various video, a series of frame are corrupted with negative colors artifacts in the entire video scenes...the driver that I've installed are the 8.15.10.1892.

I think that it would be a driver problem or MPC-HC issue...I tried both x86 than x64 version and the problem is the same...

The MPC-HC versions tested are 1249 and 1345 svn x86 and x64.

Thanks in advance
Old 20th November 2009, 00:32   #10551  |  Link
avivahl

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew_eli View Post
I don't know if it is already posted but I've a problem with g45 in my ACER laptop(Timeline Travelmate 8471) and DXVA on Windows 7 x64: sometimes (every 5 min) in various video, a series of frame are corrupted with negative colors artifacts in the entire video scenes...the driver that I've installed are the 8.15.10.1892.

I think that it would be a driver problem or MPC-HC issue...I tried both x86 than x64 version and the problem is the same...

Thanks in advance
Try to disable the internal H.264 filters (both DXVA and software) to let Windows 7's built-in DXVA decoder do the decoding... Then you'll be able to check if it's a problem w/ the internal filter OR a driver problem...
Old 20th November 2009, 00:35   #10552  |  Link
Inspector.Gadget

Rev. 1345 (Alexins' 32-bit build) freezes immediately upon opening an x264-encoded MKV file (muxed with mkvmerge) with AC3 audio when using internal DXVA filter, Haali splitter, and ffdshow audio. 1342 is totally problem-free with everything else the same.
Old 20th November 2009, 00:41   #10553  |  Link
Keiyakusha
契約者

cut a small sample...
Old 20th November 2009, 01:17   #10554  |  Link
matthew_eli

Quote:
Originally Posted by avivahl View Post
Try to disable the internal H.264 filters (both DXVA and software) to let Windows 7's built-in DXVA decoder do the decoding... Then you'll be able to check if it's a problem w/ the internal filter OR a driver problem...
With Windows 7 built-in DXVA there is no prob: so I think that this is a MPC-HC internal filter issue...
Old 20th November 2009, 03:27   #10555  |  Link
snyders6dogrecipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsuo55 View Post
please read the manual, it is very different from all builds you tried before

manual: http://www.ostrogothia.com/?page_id=1050
When I ticked "sync video to display," there was still some tearing, and the initial problem didn't go away. I couldn't try the other options because I can't use powerstrip with my video card, and also because if I enable evr renderer I can't use dxva.

Edit: OK, DXVA DOES work with EVR Custom Renderer and it makes the tearing go away. But the dynamic range is wrong and I can't fix it using Nvidia's Control Panel or the player's controls- and the initial problem is still there, unfortunately.

Last edited by snyders6dogrecipe; 20th November 2009 at 06:17.
Old 20th November 2009, 04:18   #10556  |  Link
73ChargerFan

snyders6dogrecipe,

Have you turned on the stats graph? While a video is running, right-click on the screen, at the bottom is "Renderer Settings", then enable "Display Stats".

This will show you what the rendered frame rate is, and show a graph. If the lines are flat, everything is fine and the framerate matches the video.

However, when the video has to resync you will see a spike.

I've noticed that for a while, 3:2 pulldown wasn't working right, and by enabling "Display Stats" I saw a large spike at a regular interval, every 3 or 4 seconds or so. I was then able to understand my problem a little bit better.
Old 20th November 2009, 04:22   #10557  |  Link
gngn
the hedgehog

i just tried to encode interlaced material (a mpeg-2 and a h264 sample) with x264 (rev1342). output is also interlaced, Mediainfo shows Scan type: MBAFF , but MPC-HC with DXVA fails to deinterlace the video completely. did i do a mistake while setting up the Avisynth-script(the script contains only DirectShowSource(clip) .... )/encoding or MPC-HC doesnt support interlaced material created with x264?
with ffdshow hardware-deinterlacing will work perfectly if i set up in the "Output" settings of ffdshow the "field order" as "top field first". on "Auto" i get erratic frame-display.

10 sec 10M sample . the original is palvik-Clip003.m2ts from here
Old 20th November 2009, 06:19   #10558  |  Link
avivahl

Quote:
Originally Posted by gngn View Post
i just tried to encode interlaced material (a mpeg-2 and a h264 sample) with x264 (rev1342). output is also interlaced, Mediainfo shows Scan type: MBAFF , but MPC-HC with DXVA fails to deinterlace the video completely. did i do a mistake while setting up the Avisynth-script(the script contains only DirectShowSource(clip) .... )/encoding or MPC-HC doesnt support interlaced material created with x264?
with ffdshow hardware-deinterlacing will work perfectly if i set up in the "Output" settings of ffdshow the "field order" as "top field first". on "Auto" i get erratic frame-display.

10 sec 10M sample . the original is palvik-Clip003.m2ts from here
Alright... tested your clip w/ a few filter combinations:
1. WMP12 + Microsoft's DXVA H.264 Decoder - Non deinterlaced video. Very distorted.
2. MPC-HC + Microsoft's DXVA H.264 Decoder - Same as #1.
3. MPC-HC + Internal DXVA H.264 Decoder - Same as #1.
4. MPC-HC + Internal Software (ffmpeg-based) H.264 Decoder - Better, but deinterlacing seems to be a bit wrong. Non-smooth video.
5. MPC-HC + ffdshow w/ "Set interlace flag" set to OFF - Same as #1.
5. MPC-HC + ffdshow w/ "Set interlace flag" set to Auto/Auto - Same as #4.
6. MPC-HC + ffdshow w/ "Set interlace flag" set to Auto/Top-Field-First - Best. Smooth, properly-deinterlaced video.
7. MPC-HC + ffdshow w/ "Set interlace flag" set to OFF, ffdshow's Deinterlacing filter set to CubicInterpolation/yadif/TomsMoComp (all w/ default parameters) - Same as #6.

Geforce 8800GT (forceware 195.55 w/ default options).
Windows 7 Ultimate 32bits.
MPC-HC 1.3.1345.0 (by alexis) w/ EVR-CP and default options.
ffdshow rev3130.
Haali Media Splitter.

Last edited by avivahl; 20th November 2009 at 06:29.
Old 20th November 2009, 09:29   #10559  |  Link
tetsuo55
MPC-HC Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew_eli View Post

Thanks in advance
You need to update that ancient driver: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...=2973&lang=eng
Quote:
When I ticked "sync video to display," there was still some tearing, and the initial problem didn't go away. I couldn't try the other options because I can't use powerstrip with my video card, and also because if I enable evr renderer I can't use dxva.

Edit: OK, DXVA DOES work with EVR Custom Renderer and it makes the tearing go away. But the dynamic range is wrong and I can't fix it using Nvidia's Control Panel or the player's controls- and the initial problem is still there, unfortunately.
Dynamic range settings are also in the renderer settings section of the options, set it to 16-235 or 0-255 to match your display
Old 20th November 2009, 10:34   #10560  |  Link
snyders6dogrecipe

Here is the graph when using the synch video to display function in the goth sync build...it's pretty far from a straight line

Code:
http://a.imagehost.org/0407/mplayercgssync_video_to_display.png
Closed Thread

Tags
dxva, h264, home cinema, media player classic, mpc-hc