Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 AVC / H.264

Old 17th February 2024, 12:44   #1  |  Link
simon744

Help Building FFmpeg and/or Handbrake with Special "Flavor" of x264

Hi, everyone! This is a repost of an already existing post made over at VideoHelp, but I thought posting this here also could draw some feedback.

Sorry if this request seems a little odd, or might be too complicated, but I'd appreciate any helpful feedback.

Can the kind folks over here dumb down for me a tutorial to build either ffmpeg or Handbrake with x264-paff (https://github.com/kierank/x264-paff), PLEASE? Some of you are probably familiar with it. It's x264, basically, but with the additional ability/feature, whatever, of PAFF-interlacing and interlaced encoding, in addition to MBAFF, which the base x264 already has. I don't know why to this day it still hasn't been merged into the main source code. It'd literally make x264 the best H.264 encoder around, and make people like me very happy.

Anyways, if it's not too hard and time-consuming, a pre-built Handbrake, specifically, with the encoder would be even better. But you can go ahead and provide detailed instructions for going about on building them myself.

Thanks a lot, in advance, and have a wonderful day!
simon744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2024, 12:46   #2  |  Link
simon744

Also sorry if this sounds like a little too much, but if what am asking is doable especially with/for Handbrake, is relatively easy, and won't consume a ton of time, I'd be grateful if one of y'all uploaded a pre-built Handbrake with the encoder.

If it's not possible, which I'll understand if is not, then, please, provide clear instructions. Thanks, in advance!
simon744 is offline   Reply With Quote