Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 28th December 2009, 01:02   #1  |  Link
Capsbackup

Setup BD-RB with Win 7

My curiosity has done me in!
I wanted to see if I could run Windows 7 on my I7 920 computer, and after running the Win 7 update advisor, it warned me there could be some conflicts. The challenge was on.
I decided to try the Ultimate edition RC, since it was free, and if I did not like it or it did not seem worth the upgrade price, it would expire soon enough and only a few hours would be waisted. ( waisted plenty in my time! )
Well, all installed fine, and after searching around for updated drivers for some hardware, all was a go.
Now trying BD-RB, all is not so well.
I can't seem to get it to even start up, I get this error:
"Component MSCOMCTL.OCX or one of it's dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid"
I try the fix - "Look in the BD-RB folder. There is a .BAT file called "REG_MSCOMCTL.BAT" -- simply right click onit and run it as administrator."
But then I get this - The Module MSCOMCTL.OCX failed to load... So this does not work for me.
Can BD-RB run with Windows 7 RC?
How else can you get rid of this MSCOMCTL.OCX REG issue just to get BD-RB to start?
After reading back numerous pages, I can't seem to find out what to do next. Any help is sure appreciated.

EDIT:
OK, I got it to work by right clicking on BD_Rebuilder and selecting "Run as Administrator", which it then set up ffdshow for me, and now it starts up.
Off to try out a backup!

Last edited by Capsbackup; 28th December 2009 at 01:15.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2009, 01:18   #2  |  Link
datman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsbackup View Post
I wanted to see if I could run Windows 7 on my I7 920 computer, and after running the Win 7 update advisor, it warned me there could be some conflicts. The challenge was on.
I decided to try the Ultimate edition RC, since it was free, and if I did not like it or it did not seem worth the upgrade price, it would expire soon enough and only a few hours would be waisted. ( waisted plenty in my time! )
Well, all installed fine, and after searching around for updated drivers for some hardware, all was a go.
"Component MSCOMCTL.OCX or one of it's dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid"
I try the fix - "Look in the BD-RB folder. There is a .BAT file called "REG_MSCOMCTL.BAT" -- simply right click onit and run it as administrator."
But then I get this - The Module MSCOMCTL.OCX failed to load... So this does not work for me.
How else can you get rid of this MSCOMCTL.OCX REG issue just to get BD-RB to start?
After reading back numerous pages, I can't seem to find out what to do next. Any help is sure appreciated.
I had the same problem about a year ago I received alot of help here is the page where I was told how to fix it. Just read down I'm sure you will figure it out better that I did.

http://85.230.118.136/showthread.php...59#post1253359
datman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2009, 22:53   #3  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:

EDIT:
OK, I got it to work by right clicking on BD_Rebuilder and selecting "Run as Administrator", which it then set up ffdshow for me, and now it starts up.
Off to try out a backup!
Look in the BD-Rebuilder folder. Right click on the file called "REG_MSCOMCTL.BAT" and select "Run as Administrator". It will register the .OCX file.
Old 29th December 2009, 23:01   #4  |  Link
Capsbackup

I tried that, but it would not work. Kept giving me this error:
Quote:
The Module MSCOMCTL.OCX failed to load...
What did finally work was clicking on BD_Rebuilder.exe and selecting "Run as Administrator", which it then set up ffdshow for me, and now it starts up.

Last edited by Capsbackup; 29th December 2009 at 23:36.
Old 30th December 2009, 01:34   #5  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
I tried that, but it would not work. Kept giving me this error:

What did finally work was clicking on BD_Rebuilder.exe and selecting "Run as Administrator", which it then set up ffdshow for me, and now it starts up.
That's weird.
Old 30th December 2009, 02:27   #6  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
That's weird.
I thought so too. I had been following the trials and tribulations, the Windows 7 saga , waiting to see if the bugs were worked out before I was to give it a try.
So, just when I decide it was all quiet on the Win 7 bug report, and I jump in, then this pops up.
Oh well, it is working now!
I have one movie only backup complete, and it turned out just fine.
I will give this RC more testing before I decide to make the move, but so far it looks good!
Old 1st January 2010, 04:58   #7  |  Link
massiah

Yeah, I just upgraded my Vista Ultimate to Win 7 Ultimate.

I am getting my office floor re-tiled and was sitting around when I realized that BD Rebuilder has not been tesed with Win 7 according to the home page.
Thanks for this info and I will try and test it out when I get my office back in order.
massiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2010, 05:13   #8  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by massiah View Post
Yeah, I just upgraded my Vista Ultimate to Win 7 Ultimate.

I am getting my office floor re-tiled and was sitting around when I realized that BD Rebuilder has not been tesed with Win 7 according to the home page.
Thanks for this info and I will try and test it out when I get my office back in order.
Hmmm... that was old information and isn't true anymore. I forgot about posting it and have just removed that statement. BD-RB has been tested, and I am currently running it on both the 64 bit and 32 bit versions of Windows 7.

The big secret to avoiding problems with Windows 7 is to let BD-RB configure DirectShow for you when it runs the first time -- and don't change the settings afterward.
Old 29th January 2010, 18:13   #9  |  Link
ChBrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Hmmm... that was old information and isn't true anymore. I forgot about posting it and have just removed that statement. BD-RB has been tested, and I am currently running it on both the 64 bit and 32 bit versions of Windows 7.

The big secret to avoiding problems with Windows 7 is to let BD-RB configure DirectShow for you when it runs the first time -- and don't change the settings afterward.
Hi,

I would like also to upgrade my vista family premium 64bit to Windows 7 family premium 64bits. BD Rebuilder is working perfectly with my Vista.
What do you mean by "to let BD-RB configure DirectShow for you when it runs the first time -- and don't change the settings afterward.[/QUOTE]"?
What does I do exactely?
ChBrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2010, 18:15   #10  |  Link
ChBrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChBrig View Post
Hi,

I would like also to upgrade my vista family premium 64bit to Windows 7 family premium 64bits. BD Rebuilder is working perfectly with my Vista.
What do you mean by "to let BD-RB configure DirectShow for you when it runs the first time -- and don't change the settings afterward.
"?
What does I do exactely?[/QUOTE]

Sorry: what must I do exactely?
ChBrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2010, 19:34   #11  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

you don't have to do anything. BD-RB will make the required changes for you and this will only take a few seconds. Afterwards your good to go and start rebuilding.
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2010, 18:23   #12  |  Link
Adub
Fighting spam with a fish

I have had a number of users coming to me for help with BD-Rebuilder on Windows 7 on my website.

Would it be possible to add a feature that will check if a VC-1 DirectShow chain will work before any encoding is done? Something like "Check VC-1 Settings", which could return any errors (including Avisynth generated ones) in a comprehensive report?

It would make diagnosing Windows 7 problems a lot easier, as I currently do not have a Windows 7 install and I repeatedly hear about issues that seem to fix themselves (or break themselves).
Old 13th February 2010, 00:57   #13  |  Link
Capsbackup

@Adub;
I believe if someone has Windows 7, and they want to use BD-Rebuilder, and they have haali, ffdshow and avisynth installed, the first time they try to start the program it will setup ffdshow for all containers. ( it did for me anyway )
Old 13th February 2010, 01:54   #14  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
@Adub;
I believe if someone has Windows 7, and they want to use BD-Rebuilder, and they have haali, ffdshow and avisynth installed, the first time they try to start the program it will setup ffdshow for all containers. ( it did for me anyway )
In fact, if they don't have FFDSHOW installed, it will tell them so. Then, when you run it again (after installing) it will set all the codecs properly. The problems almost all are related to people who decide they know too much and install "updated" versions of the support packages and get trapped in new bugs... I also run into a lot of people who decide to put their own version of X264 to use -- which causes encode failures because it doesn't support --nal-hrd (which is provided through a patch).
Old 16th February 2010, 02:58   #15  |  Link
Jake802

I just did a fresh install of windows 7 ultimate 64-bit and now I cant get BD to work? I keep getting the configuration msg followed by a runtime error. Any ideas?
Jake802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2010, 03:09   #16  |  Link
Capsbackup

Make sure you only install Haali, FFDSHOW and Avisynth 2.57, found at the first page of the BD-RB bugs report thread.( same place you download BD-RB)
If you installed any other versions, uninstall them, reboot, and install the preferred ones. If you installed any other codec packs, uninstall them too.
Then unzip a fresh new BD-RB, right click on "REG_MSCOMCTL.BAT" and select run it as administrator."
Then, if that does not work, right click on BD_Rebuilder.EXE and select "Run as Administrator" .
Old 16th February 2010, 04:36   #17  |  Link
Jake802

Thanks!

That appeared to work now to test it out!

Thanks Again!

Jake
Jake802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2010, 22:20   #18  |  Link
Adub
Fighting spam with a fish

Okay, it's as I thought. I will refer everyone to this thread.
Old 14th January 2011, 12:20   #19  |  Link
bokker

Win 7 prob

Hello i let BD rebuilder with instalate as Administrator and the when i say 2 times yes oke and i staart inspection this is i see?

WIN& Preferred MPEG2 CODEC: not set correctly?

I let BD rebuileder do the settings and i make sure i do it ass Administrator but evryrtime i start Br rebuilder i most set settings .

Some one solution ?

i have windows 7 64bit

Last edited by bokker; 14th January 2011 at 15:23.
bokker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2011, 15:49   #20  |  Link
Capsbackup

My Win 7 32 bit ffdshow video decoder settings has MPEG2 as Libmpeg2, and Other MPEG2 as disabled.
You could try to uninstall haali, ffdshow and Avisynth, delete the folder for haali in ALL Programs, reboot and then reinstall those three programs.
Then delete the BDREBUILDER configuration settings file inside the unzipped BD-RB folder. First right click on REG_MSCOMCTL and Run as Administrator. Then right click on BD_Rebuilder.exe and run as Administrator.
This has always worked for me, but you need to do each and every step, no skipping uninstalls and reinstalls!