Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Subtitles
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 24th March 2009, 23:30   #121  |  Link
~bT~
н∂-ƒαиαтι¢

^ its not buggy really it does what it says.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0xdeadbeef View Post

22.03.2009 2.2 -> 2.3

* Automatic selection of language for SUB/IDX export if filename contains language name (e.g. "spanish")
which it does change it to chinese connection or something and see what happens.
~bT~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2009, 01:53   #122  |  Link
0xdeadbeef
Author of BDSup2Sub

I'll change this in 2.4 amongst a couple of other things.
@Pati: there'll also be better (yet not nearly perfect) support for faded HD-DVD captions.
I'm too tired now and want to do some more testing, but chances are 2.4 will be released tomorrow.
0xdeadbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2009, 12:42   #123  |  Link
Pati

Ah, much appreciated! No hurry, take your time and all the rest you need!

Pati
Pati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2009, 18:37   #124  |  Link
0xdeadbeef
Author of BDSup2Sub

25.03.2009 2.3 -> 2.4
  • Improved support for HD-DVD-SUPs (multiple DCSQ START commands are supported, DCSQ is accumulated)
  • BD-SUP: subtitles without RLE buffer are ignored (led to NullpointerException)
  • Fully transparent colors are always interpreted as transparent black to not mess with scaling
  • Automatic language selection now only considers file name, not the path name
  • Bilinear scaling is also used for scaling down
  • Better exception handling for general exceptions inside threads
  • Edit dialog: duration can be entered as float value now (just for consistency)
  • Accidentally changed time format from "hh:mm:ss:ms" to "hh:mm:ss.ms" in IDX files. Fixed.
Old 25th March 2009, 19:27   #125  |  Link
saint-francis
too much lurking

Would it be possible for you to include a changelog with each version? With the blazing rate at which you are making updates it's getting difficult to keep track of the progress and what version I currently have.

Also, when switching to a new version is it OK to keep the .ini from the previous version?

Thanks for the great tool!
saint-francis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2009, 19:38   #126  |  Link
turbojet

Quote:
Originally Posted by alc0re View Post
Converted .sup from get smart bluray to 720p...muxed with tsmuxer, played on my panasonic bd35 bluray player. No subtitles shown.
What version did you try?

I had problems pre 2.1 I believe it was with sup's showing in PowerDVD 8 and MPC-HC from TSMuxer's BD output but since 2.1 I haven't had an issue. I haven't been able to test on a standalone yet.

0xdeadbeef: If you are looking for SMlabs a developer has been active in in this thread lately another way to reach them is by email tsmuxer@smartlabs.tv

Last edited by turbojet; 25th March 2009 at 19:52.
turbojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2009, 20:32   #127  |  Link
Pati

Thanks for version 2.4! I quickly tested the fade-in/fade-out SUP, and the subtitles are now visible, great!

However, the durations do not seem to be correct yet, and most of the time the subtitle stays visible half-transparent for what seems like much too long. Perhaps this is the fade-out problem you mentioned?

Anyways, this is a big step forward, thanks!

Pati
Old 25th March 2009, 20:33   #128  |  Link
0xdeadbeef
Author of BDSup2Sub

Quote:
Originally Posted by saint-francis View Post
Would it be possible for you to include a changelog with each version? With the blazing rate at which you are making updates it's getting difficult to keep track of the progress and what version I currently have.
There's a complete revision history at the end of the online help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saint-francis View Post
Also, when switching to a new version is it OK to keep the .ini from the previous version?
Yep, there's not too much stored there anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojet
0xdeadbeef: If you are looking for SMlabs a developer has been active in in this thread lately another way to reach them is by email tsmuxer@smartlabs.tv
I already tried to reach him by PM but with no success.
Old 25th March 2009, 20:48   #129  |  Link
0xdeadbeef
Author of BDSup2Sub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pati View Post
However, the durations do not seem to be correct yet, and most of the time the subtitle stays visible half-transparent for what seems like much too long. Perhaps this is the fade-out problem you mentioned?
Perhaps. Maybe that's why I called it "better (yet not nearly perfect) support for faded HD-DVD captions"?
Old 26th March 2009, 06:42   #130  |  Link
turbojet

Quote:
I already tried to reach him by PM but with no success.
I've had some issues with pm popup notification on this board so that may be an issue for them as well. However I recently received a reply via e-mail, maybe you would have better luck through email.
Old 26th March 2009, 08:20   #131  |  Link
Pati

Quote:
Perhaps. Maybe that's why I called it "better (yet not nearly perfect) support for faded HD-DVD captions"?
Right. :-) Well, I just wanted to let you know I appreciate your work and follow with great interest your progress!

Though, since you have the exact same file that I am using as test material, perhaps my reporting my test results is not that informative or useful, so I'll just silently follow your progress from now on.

Thanks!

Pati
Old 26th March 2009, 18:29   #132  |  Link
0xdeadbeef
Author of BDSup2Sub

26.03.2009 2.4 -> 2.5
  • Fixed: Cr and Cb color components were switched when reading BD-SUPs (in since 1.0)
  • Fixed: inconsistent behavior of "export forced" checkbox (probably introduced in 2.3)
  • Changed: console is cleared before loading a SUP to avoid heap and performance problems (Swing text components are SLOW).
  • Changed: when copying console output to clipboard, the clipboard is reset first to avoid OutOfMemoryException.
  • Changed: improved console output for BD-SUP reading to use less lines in the console
Old 26th March 2009, 19:28   #133  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

thanks for the new version.

hubble
hubblec4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2009, 07:55   #134  |  Link
turbojet

Since 2.4 this colored sup is recognized as yellow, it should be a turqoise blue. When outputting to idx/sub it looks ok in yellow, when outputting as sup it looks like yellow with orange spots. Could you take a look?
Old 27th March 2009, 11:14   #135  |  Link
0xdeadbeef
Author of BDSup2Sub

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojet View Post
Since 2.4
Do you mean 2.5?

Quote:
this colored sup is recognized as yellow, it should be a turqoise blue.
In revision 2.5, I swapped the order of Cr and Cb components when reading SUPs. This was because I had the first BD with colored SUPs in my hands ("Iron Man") and could verify the colors. So IMHO, version up to 2.4 had wrong colors, while 2.5 has correct colors.
Since you complained about 2.4, but probably mean 2.5, I'm pretty uncertain how to handle this complaint. Do you complain that the colors are different in 2.4 and 2.5 (which they should be) or did you compare 2.4/2.5 to the real BD in a standalone player and found that 2.4 was correct while 2.5 was not? This would really puzzle me though since my PS3 shows the colors exactly like 2.5 does.

Quote:
When outputting to idx/sub it looks ok in yellow, when outputting as sup it looks like yellow with orange spots. Could you take a look?
As I changed the order of Cr/Cb components in 2.5 when reading SUPs, I somehow forgot about writing SUPs. I already fixed it locally though.
Old 27th March 2009, 12:01   #136  |  Link
turbojet

2.3 gui shows and outputs the correct color.
2.4 and 2.5 gui shows and outputs the wrong color.
Old 27th March 2009, 12:33   #137  |  Link
0xdeadbeef
Author of BDSup2Sub

Quote:
2.3 gui shows and outputs the correct color.
2.4 and 2.5 gui shows and outputs the wrong color.
Sorry, but this is impossible, as 2.4 behaves exactly like 2.3 when it comes to colors. The change was done in 2.5.

And did you really compare the SUP as displayed by 2.5 to the output of a standalone?

If so and you still say that the colors displayed by 2.5 are wrong, this really leaves me puzzled. Then either my PS3 or your standalone shows wrong colors or I'm totally missing something else.

I'm already playing with the idea of a "swap Cr/Cb" option for the conversion dialog...
Old 27th March 2009, 12:57   #138  |  Link
turbojet

2.0-2.2 also output the correct colors. I didn't test in a standalone, don't have one here. But with any luck at all I can test it in a couple this weekend.

MPC-HC, PowerDVD, suprip, vobsub resync are what I've been using to detect the colors which also matches what BDsup2sub gui displays.

Does Iron Man subs display wrong color in v 2.0-2.3?
Old 27th March 2009, 13:21   #139  |  Link
0xdeadbeef
Author of BDSup2Sub

As I already said: version 1.0 until 2.4 did use the same order of color components and therefore display the same colors. These colors are wrong (swapped Cr/Cb) when compared to what my PS3 displays - which I couldn't test until I got "Iron Man" which was the 1st BD with colored captions that I got my hands on. As I discovered this, I swapped Cr/Cb in 2.5 and now colors in BDSup2Sub 2.5 are identical to what my PS3 displays when the original BD is played.
So as I said: either the PS3 is wrong (which seems extremely unlikely) or your player(s) are wrong. Hard to tell without a 2nd standalone.
Anyway: I added a menu option to swap Cr/Cb manually.

27.03.2009 2.5 -> 2.6
  • Fixed: Cr and Cb color components were switched when writing BD-SUPs (introduced in 2.5)
  • Fixed: DSCQ is updated instead of accumulated for HD-DVD-SUPs with multiple DSCQs
  • Changed: better detection for faded HD-DVD-SUPs
  • Changed: improved luminance threshold detection
  • Changed: added menu entry to swap Cr/Cb components

Last edited by 0xdeadbeef; 27th March 2009 at 13:26.
Old 27th March 2009, 13:39   #140  |  Link
turbojet

Swapping Cr/Cb fixed it in 2.6 thanks.

Actually I downloaded 2.4 from videohelp just now and it handled it correctly, I obviously wasn't paying much attention to the version in title bar, you are right 2.5 is where the issue started.

Last edited by turbojet; 27th March 2009 at 13:43.