Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 AVC / H.264
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 28th January 2010, 09:47   #541  |  Link
audyovydeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
I had started working on it ... I hope to come back to it soon, maybe as early as this evening!

Applause !
I for one am still bleeding from the loss of DGAVCDec ... especially since I bought an AVCHD camera the day it was killed !

cheers
audyovydeo
audyovydeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2010, 09:54   #542  |  Link
tommy_vercetti

Quote:
Originally Posted by audyovydeo View Post
Applause !
I for one am still bleeding from the loss of DGAVCDec ... especially since I bought an AVCHD camera the day it was killed !

cheers
audyovydeo
You could look into DGNV Tools I think they perform a similar role
tommy_vercetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2010, 11:32   #543  |  Link
audyovydeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy_vercetti View Post
You could look into DGNV Tools I think they perform a similar role
I CUDA looked into it had my card allowed it ...

(sorry it was an irresistible impulse ! ;-)

cheers
a/v
audyovydeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2010, 16:04   #544  |  Link
schweinsz

I have finished all colorspace-related works yesterday including nv12, yuy2, uyvy, rgb32, rgb24 and level scaling. I will work on a property page.
I finished a function about cavlc just now. All works about improved cavlc is more time-consuming than I estimated. Perhaps the DiAVC 1.0 will not include the improved cavlc and it will be available in one week after the release of DiAVC 1.0.
schweinsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2010, 18:18   #545  |  Link
Stephen R. Savage

I don't mean to second-guess you, but I just hope you would reassure us on some issues that seem endemic to colorspace conversion implementations:

1) What method will you use for interpolation of chroma when converting to YUY2 or to RGB? Will you implement a linear or cubic chroma interpolation instead of nearest-neighbor?

2) Have you implemented correct reading of colormatrix (and fullrange) flag from AVC stream and the appropriate Rec601 and Rec709 coefficients?
Stephen R. Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2010, 18:31   #546  |  Link
schweinsz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen R. Savage View Post
1) What method will you use for interpolation of chroma when converting to YUY2 or to RGB? Will you implement a linear or cubic chroma interpolation instead of nearest-neighbor?
The current inplementation uses nearest-neighbor. If peoples like more accurate one, I can implement it.

Quote:
2) Have you implemented correct reading of colormatrix (and fullrange) flag from AVC stream and the appropriate Rec601 and Rec709 coefficients?
Yes, the DiAVC read the vui for colormatrix and fullrange information.
Old 28th January 2010, 20:11   #547  |  Link
Asmodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by schweinsz View Post
The current inplementation uses nearest-neighbor. If peoples like more accurate one, I can implement it.

Yes, the DiAVC read the vui for colormatrix and fullrange information.
Here at doom9 there are people that always like a more accurate one, spline64 should be sufficient though.

Thanks for the great work.
Asmodian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2010, 20:38   #548  |  Link
Keiyakusha
契約者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmodian View Post
spline64 should be sufficient though.
meh... thats too slow. after bicubic you won't notice any improvements unless you making screenshots and comparing them under 400% NN zoom. And even then its hard to see something.
Keiyakusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2010, 21:44   #549  |  Link
Asmodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiyakusha View Post
meh... thats too slow. after bicubic you won't notice any improvements unless you making screenshots and comparing them under 400% NN zoom. And even then its hard to see something.
hehe yes, sorry I was joking - bicubic would be great. I was just pointing out that if you ask the doom9 community if we want a more accurate resize we will say yes, and lots of options too please.
Asmodian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2010, 00:16   #550  |  Link
Stephen R. Savage

Imo, nearest-neighbor interpolation for chroma is unacceptable, as it creates heavy aliasing near red/blue transitions. I think linear or cubic interpolation would be the best compromise between speed and quality for chroma.
Old 29th January 2010, 09:22   #551  |  Link
schweinsz

Quote:
Imo, nearest-neighbor interpolation for chroma is unacceptable, as it creates heavy aliasing near red/blue transitions. I think linear or cubic interpolation would be the best compromise between speed and quality for chroma.
Ok, I will consider it just after 1.0 release.
Old 31st January 2010, 01:09   #552  |  Link
Keiyakusha
契約者

Hi. I'm using win7 32bit. I have mkv file with 2 AVC streams. One is 1280x720 and another is 720x480(16x9 DAR). I'm using latest haali splitter to split it and MPC-HC (EVR-CP) for playback.
Depending on which stream is set to be default in container, If I'll switch from 720p to 480p I'm getting this kind of screen.
If 480p is set to be default, and i'll go to 720p, I'm getting some emergency shutdown which is probably some equivalent to BSOD on win7.

With FFDShow (not DXVA) works perfect.
If second stream is not AVC, all works fine but the stream I switching to has problems with aspect ratio. Which is also fine with ffdshow.

EDIT: this is with DiAVC RC1

Last edited by Keiyakusha; 31st January 2010 at 01:12.
Keiyakusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2010, 04:13   #553  |  Link
IgorC

schweinsz,

Do you plan to support ARM? This year there will be a lot of new ARM based mobile devices. Corecodec and x264 have already prepared for this. No need to mention how Corecodec dominates with its CorePlayer in area of smart phones.

What a big deal around of non-SSE2 CPU support?
I mean I have an old PC with Prescott 3.06 GHZ+HT which I don't run anymore but even this dinosaur has SSE3 and plays 1080p 10-12 Mbits videos. And DiAVC is the fastest decoder on it. Ok, some people have an old CPUs but the poll shows with a good estimation that there are enough few of them. ~10-15%. This percentage will shrink quickly in 1-2 years.
While there are a lot of new CPUs especially (ultra) low voltage wich aren't enough fast. (mobile dual core i3/i5 <2 Ghz even w/Turbo).
IgorC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2010, 16:57   #554  |  Link
schweinsz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiyakusha View Post
Hi. I'm using win7 32bit. I have mkv file with 2 AVC streams. One is 1280x720 and another is 720x480(16x9 DAR). I'm using latest haali splitter to split it and MPC-HC (EVR-CP) for playback.
Depending on which stream is set to be default in container, If I'll switch from 720p to 480p I'm getting this kind of screen.
If 480p is set to be default, and i'll go to 720p, I'm getting some emergency shutdown which is probably some equivalent to BSOD on win7.

With FFDShow (not DXVA) works perfect.
If second stream is not AVC, all works fine but the stream I switching to has problems with aspect ratio. Which is also fine with ffdshow.

EDIT: this is with DiAVC RC1
I am sorry that the current DiAVC doesn't support the dynamic format change.
Old 31st January 2010, 17:02   #555  |  Link
schweinsz

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgorC View Post
schweinsz,

Do you plan to support ARM? This year there will be a lot of new ARM based mobile devices. Corecodec and x264 have already prepared for this. No need to mention how Corecodec dominates with its CorePlayer in area of smart phones.

What a big deal around of non-SSE2 CPU support?
I mean I have an old PC with Prescott 3.06 GHZ+HT which I don't run anymore but even this dinosaur has SSE3 and plays 1080p 10-12 Mbits videos. And DiAVC is the fastest decoder on it. Ok, some people have an old CPUs but the poll shows with a good estimation that there are enough few of them. ~10-15%. This percentage will shrink quickly in 1-2 years.
While there are a lot of new CPUs especially (ultra) low voltage wich aren't enough fast. (mobile dual core i3/i5 <2 Ghz even w/Turbo).
I will consider the arm platform. Actually I am more skilled with the arm platform even than x86 platform. But I must be sure the main platform that need a fast H.264 decoder.
CPU with wMMX, CPU with NEON or some old arm9 and arm11?
Windows mobile or android?
Old 31st January 2010, 18:53   #556  |  Link
IgorC

Quote:
Originally Posted by schweinsz View Post
I will consider the arm platform.
CPU with wMMX, CPU with NEON or some old arm9 and arm11?
Windows mobile or android?
Cortex A8/9 all the way.
And maybe ARM11. There are plenty of the devices which still based on it.
Not sure about OSs.

Some related info.
http://x264dev.multimedia.cx/?p=142
IgorC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2010, 11:46   #557  |  Link
schweinsz

I uploaded a new DiAVCSetting version and the source code.
Some useless code is deleted.
I am very curious that two never-used functions related characters conversion mislead so many anti-virus to false positive.
Now only the norton reports Suspicious.Insight to the DiAVCSetting. How can I submit a report about the false positive to symantec?
Old 1st February 2010, 13:12   #558  |  Link
the_corona

here: https://submit.symantec.com/dispute/false_positive/
the_corona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2010, 11:16   #559  |  Link
Virtual_ManPL
Virtual_ManPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtual_ManPL View Post
...in other hand I find that seeking bug (you need to wait to see actual frames about 2-10s, sometimes even more than 20s) still exist in DiAVC decoder with EVR (C/A) in MPC-HC...
bug not fixed in RC1, will be nice to see it fixed in next release or at least in final
Virtual_ManPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2010, 08:46   #560  |  Link
Stephen R. Savage

I may have found a serious bug in DiAVC. When seeking backwards in video, sometimes the stream can degenerate into blocking artifacts. When this happens, these artifacts get progressively worse until an IDR is encountered. After being refreshed at the IDR, the video quickly breaks back down into blocks, and the only way to return to normal operation is to reopen the file. I have encountered this on two different streams now, but have unfortunately not been able to find a deterministic way of replicating it.

Tags
avc, diavc, fastest decoder, h.264, software