Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation

Old 16th December 2008, 07:46   #601  |  Link
leoliver

The trial run failed with same error

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrC View Post
@leoliver

Just make this trial:
- select "No Menu" from 'Settings'/'DVD Menu'/'Select DVD Menu Style'
- add one media file (as short as possible, for time saving)
- press start

If everything works fine you should have a DVD structure (VIDEO_TS/AUDIO_TS) with only the movie, playable by MPC and burnable by your burner.

Let's understand if the problem is into the encoding section or into DVD Menu handling routines.

Bye
I selected "no menu " as you requested and received the same error message . The bug must be in the encoding section .
I'm ready for another trial run .
Old 16th December 2008, 12:39   #602  |  Link
MysticE

Quote:
@manolito

thanks for your extensive testing and for your report.

I have to say that I have tried several VOB input files, produced by MuxMan/BatchMux and TDA3 and I really could not find any error in using DSS (AVS 2.5.7) + HCenc VBR 2pass.
Maybe if you can send me a short VOB sample, I could try to replicate the error....
Many of my projects are VOBs (of unknown origin, converting PAL to NTSC) from almost day one, and have never had any problems with HCenc 2 pass.
MysticE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2008, 14:39   #603  |  Link
manolito

HC 2-pass VBR problem solved

OK guys, I found it...

It is not DirectShowSource, it is HC. AVStoDVD always writes the *AVSRELOAD parameter into the HC.ini file, and this freezes HC on my machine. My computer is a little old and slow, and it does not have very much RAM (Intel Celeron 1.1 GHz Coppermine, 512 MB RAM), but until now I never had any stability issues with HC (well, I never used the AVSRELOAD parameter until now).

So it would be nice to have another option added to the HC advanced settings which allows me to uncheck AVSRELOAD.

Cheers
manolito
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2008, 15:23   #604  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolito View Post
OK guys, I found it...
Great! I am very happy to read you found the cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolito View Post
So it would be nice to have another option added to the HC advanced settings which allows me to uncheck AVSRELOAD.
Do you think that editing command parameters at runtime (and delete *AVSRELOAD line) is not enough? I'm asking you that because HC advanced settings can be accessed only thru 'Edit Title' window and that settings are temporary for current project, just like editing command parameters...

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
MrC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2008, 16:08   #605  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

@leoliver

go on with the simple project (one small clip - no menu). To reduce unknown variables, be sure that the small clip has a "standard" name and path (i.e. c:\movies\clip.avi), the output folder has a "standard" path (i.e. c:\movies) and if you save the project, its pathname is "standard" as well (i.e. c:\movies\project.a2d).

After pressing START, do you get the project summary message window (like this)?

It should not have an impact to this particular issue, but, I have taken a look to the attached codecs list and it is amazing! You really have hundreds of them! Do you really need them all? For 99% of application ffdshow should be enough.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 16th December 2008, 17:50   #606  |  Link
manolito

@MrC
Quote:
Do you think that editing command parameters at runtime (and delete *AVSRELOAD line) is not enough? I'm asking you that because HC advanced settings can be accessed only thru 'Edit Title' window and that settings are temporary for current project, just like editing command parameters...
Yeah, you're right, it does not make much of a difference. I would probably prefer a method which could make this setting permanent. As far as I remember Hank introduced this parameter as some kind of workaround for cases where a mismatch between the two passes would occur. By default HC does not use the AVSRELOAD parameter. So my preference would be that AVStoDVD also had this parameter turned off by default and just give users a way to turn it on permanently if they experience problems (maybe even enable the LOSSLESS mode if AVSRELOAD does not help).

Cheers
manolito

Last edited by manolito; 16th December 2008 at 19:34.
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2008, 19:48   #607  |  Link
leoliver

Quote:
@leoliver

go on with the simple project (one small clip - no menu). To reduce unknown variables, be sure that the small clip has a "standard" name and path (i.e. c:\movies\clip.avi), the output folder has a "standard" path (i.e. c:\movies) and if you save the project, its pathname is "standard" as well (i.e. c:\movies\project.a2d).

After pressing START, do you get the project summary message window (like this)?

It should not have an impact to this particular issue, but, I have taken a look to the attached codecs list and it is amazing! You really have hundreds of them! Do you really need them all? For 99% of application ffdshow should be enough.

Bye
I tried again , with edited file names and experienced the same failure .
I have never seen the message window you posted. It hasn't came up on my computer. I'm posting 2-files showing the active AVStoDVD windows from my last test.
I do have allot of Codecs . There installed along with audio/video software I installed. Most came from MediaCoder's Codecs pack. But allot were from other software installs.
I haven't sorted them out because I'm worried about deleting ones I might need.
Attached Images

Old 16th December 2008, 22:20   #608  |  Link
MysticE

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliver View Post
I tried again , with edited file names and experienced the same failure .
I have never seen the message window you posted. It hasn't came up on my computer. I'm posting 2-files showing the active AVStoDVD windows from my last test.
I do have allot of Codecs . There installed along with audio/video software I installed. Most came from MediaCoder's Codecs pack. But allot were from other software installs.
I haven't sorted them out because I'm worried about deleting ones I might need.
I'm afraid you have a major system wide problem, seeing as many apps don't work. Codec problems can be very hard to sort once they start. It is for this reason that I am very careful not to randomly install various vid apps. This is also where an Imaging program like Acronis can be a life saver. You can always have fresh image handy to restore in case of problems.

You'll have to start "sorting them out".

You might try uninstalling any unneeded apps. You could also try this app and look for 'broken' codecs.

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/Codec_Sniper

You might also try this app and check what it has to say.

http://paul.glagla.free.fr/filmerit_en.htm

You have to be careful, but maybe you'll see some common problems between the two.

Although I don't have any experience with it, for some it has been reported that the K-lite codec pack can sometimes fix/repair some issues with it's Repair function.
MysticE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2008, 07:09   #609  |  Link
leoliver

I'll work on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticE View Post
I'm afraid you have a major system wide problem, seeing as many apps don't work. Codec problems can be very hard to sort once they start. It is for this reason that I am very careful not to randomly install various vid apps. This is also where an Imaging program like Acronis can be a life saver. You can always have fresh image handy to restore in case of problems.

You'll have to start "sorting them out".

You might try uninstalling any unneeded apps. You could also try this app and look for 'broken' codecs.

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/Codec_Sniper

You might also try this app and check what it has to say.

http://paul.glagla.free.fr/filmerit_en.htm

You have to be careful, but maybe you'll see some common problems between the two.

Although I don't have any experience with it, for some it has been reported that the K-lite codec pack can sometimes fix/repair some issues with it's Repair function.
I'll start to work on my codec problem. I fact one codec pack I installed for WMP 11 had a recent update available, and I declined the update after reading your last post.
I'll work on just using FFDShow for my codecs .
Thanks for your help. I'll let you know when I make some progress on solving this problem.
Old 17th December 2008, 16:15   #610  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

@manolito

frankly speaking, I do not think to add default HCenc settings change possibility, because AVStoDVD is not a HC GUI, but a one-click-solution for best mpeg2 encoding apps. I mean: today you are asking me to add *AVSRELOAD setting, tomorrow someone else another parameter, and so on... I believe you can understand me...
Another point, more general: if a currently developed sw (HCenc) does not handle properly an internal error (avs reload on low memory system), why a "third part" sw (AVStoDVD) should take care of it? I would ask hank to solve the problem from the root cause. Do you agree?

@leoliver

I have uploaded a very alpha release of AVStoDVD 2.1.3 (exe only) which contains a lot of new debug instructions.
Download it, unzip it, overwrite current exe and start again your simple project. Copy and past here the log file.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 18th December 2008, 07:47   #611  |  Link
leoliver

It WORKED !!!!!!

@leoliver

I have uploaded a very alpha release of AVStoDVD 2.1.3 (exe only) which contains a lot of new debug instructions.
Download it, unzip it, overwrite current exe and start again your simple project. Copy and past here the log file.

Bye[/QUOTE]

SUCCESS , your new ALPHA build fixed the problem!!!

I ran the same small test clip tonight , and the process worked. It produced a "DVD folder" that when played on my copy of the SMPlayer , had very good audio and video playback . And it seemed to work at a good rate of speed.
The FFDShow filter popped up twice during the process.
I clicked use once on the first instance and don't use once on the 2nd instance . I think the 1st instance was during the video encoding and the 2nd instance was at the start of the audio encoding . It made me a little nervous , because I was anxious that the wrong answer would mess up the process after it started.
I did download the two Codecs repair tools you mentioned in a previous reply . One showed, one broken Codecs and the other tool showed 5 broken Codecs . The tools showed different Codecs as being broken , so I still haven't decided on a course of action for that problem.
But your new ALPHA build worked well regardless .
I'm attached 2 screen shot attachments , and below is the LOG file for the successful process ....................

" <12/17/2008 11:55:06 PM>
START PROCESS
<>

<12/17/2008 11:55:06 PM>
DVD SETTINGS
DVD Titles number: 1
DVD Video Standard: NTSC
DVD Chapters Interval: 5 min
DVD Menu: No DVD Menu
DVD Size: 363/4435 MB (8%)
DVD Output Setup: DVD Folder

Delete Temp Process Files: Yes
Delete Working Files: Yes
Edit Command Parameters: No
Save Log file: Yes
Output Folder: C:\output
<>

TITLE 1 SOURCE FILES
Video: C:\input\clip.avi
Info: XviD - 1312 kbps - 720x480 - DAR 1.333 - 29.97 fps - PPF - 5:47 minutes - 10414 frames
Audio: C:\input\clip.avi
Info: MPEG-1 Audio layer 3 - 128 kbps - CBR - 48000Hz - 2ch - 5:47 minutes
Subs:
[MediaInfoLib - v0.7.7.8]
<>

AVISYNTH SCRIPT
Import("C:\Program Files\AVStoDVD\Lib\A2DSource.avsi")

Video = A2DVideoSource("C:\input\clip.avi", CacheFolder = "C:\WINDOWS\TEMP")
Video = Video.ConvertToYV12
Video = Video.Lanczos4Resize(720,480)

Audio = A2DAudioSource("C:\input\clip.avi", CacheFolder = "C:\WINDOWS\TEMP")

AudioDub(Video, Audio)
<>

START VIDEO ENCODING OPERATIONS
Encoding Profile: QuEnc CBR 1-pass
Target Video FileSize: 351.6 MB
QuEnc Parameters: -i "C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\clip_0_Title_01.avs" -o "C:\output\clip_0_Title_01.m2v" -b 8500 -1 -hq -novbr -scene -trell -aspectratio 4:3 -nointerlaced -mpeg2mux noaudio -dc 10 -priority 5 -auto -close
<>

<12/18/2008 12:01:13 AM>
END VIDEO ENCODING OPERATIONS
Created File: C:\output\clip_0_Title_01.m2v (352 MB)
<>

OUTPUT VIDEO INFO:
Filename: clip_0_Title_01
Filesize: 369139784 Byte
Format: MPEG Video
Time: 5:47 minutes
Compression: MPEG-2 Video
AvgBitRate: 8507
Resolution: 720x480
Aspect Ratio: 1.333
FPS: 29.970
Interlacement: PPF
Frames: 10404
<>

START AUDIO ENCODING OPERATIONS
QuEnc (Audio) Parameters: -i "C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\clip_0_Title_01.avs" -o "C:\output\clip_0_Title_01.ac3" -priority 5 -1 -nohq -novbr -mpeg2mux novideo -audiocodec AC3 -audiobitrate 192 -auto -close
<>

<12/18/2008 12:01:56 AM>
END AUDIO ENCODING OPERATIONS
Created File: C:\output\clip_0_Title_01.ac3 (8 MB)
<>

<12/18/2008 12:01:56 AM>
START DVD AUTHORING OPERATIONS
BatchMux Parameters: -arglist "C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\clip_0_BatchMux.ini"
BatchMux ini file:
-d "C:\output\clip_0\VIDEO_TS"
-mxp "C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\clip_0_MuxMan.mxp"
-l "C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\clip_0_MuxMan.log"
-muxman "C:\Program Files\AVStoDVD\MuxMan"
-prio LOW
-v "C:\output\clip_0_Title_01.m2v"
-vidmode 4:3
-a1 "C:\output\clip_0_Title_01.ac3"
-a1lang en
-cellfr "C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\clip_0_Title_01_MuxMan.txt"
-progfr "C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\clip_0_Title_01_MuxMan.txt"
-chapfr "C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\clip_0_Title_01_MuxMan.txt"

<>

<12/18/2008 12:04:53 AM>
END DVD AUTHORING OPERATIONS
Created Folder: C:\output\clip_0 (367.3 MB)
<>

<12/18/2008 12:04:54 AM>
Log file created by AVStoDVD Release 2.1.3 Alpha (build 081217)
<>

Keep me posted . And thanks again for your hard work ,
AVStoDVD is a great piece of software .

Last edited by Guest; 18th December 2008 at 14:47.
leoliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2008, 19:50   #612  |  Link
leoliver

Reply update

Hi Everyone,

On my last reply I tried to post 2-images but they didn't show up . I'm trying to post the images again . I may have went over my attachment quota limit , so will delete some older image attachments.

Last edited by Guest; 19th December 2008 at 05:53.
leoliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2008, 05:52   #613  |  Link

No, it was just 250K of screenshots showing that things work for you now. Is that really necessary? You can just say "it's working".

For large attachments we prefer people to use image hosts anyway.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2008, 08:43   #614  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

@leoliver

glad to hear that everything is working now... but do not leave your satisfaction to overwhelm Doom9 server....

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 19th December 2008, 18:10   #615  |  Link
leoliver

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
No, it was just 250K of screenshots showing that things work for you now. Is that really necessary? You can just say "it's working".

For large attachments we prefer people to use image hosts anyway.
Quote:
@leoliver

glad to hear that everything is working now... but do not leave your satisfaction to overwhelm Doom9 server....

Bye

Point taken . I guess I got a little carried away because I was happy that the new version solved my encoding problem.
So I will try this method to display the images .................

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/8...projectep0.jpg

and also ....................

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/7...rogressgy6.jpg

I think this approach should be "server" friendly .
Let me know if there are any problems .
Thanks.
Old 19th December 2008, 20:29   #616  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

@leoliver,

ok thanks again for the feedback. Now you can go on and explore Menu Editing and the other AVStoDVD features

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 21st December 2008, 19:26   #617  |  Link
leoliver

FFDShow and AVStoDVD

When I'm using AVStoDVD , FFDShow pops up and asks me if I want to use it with AVStoDVD . The FFDShow pops ups occur at both the start of AVStoDVD video encoding and audio encoding segments. Sometimes I answer yes to FFDShow and sometimes I answer no .
So my question is , will FFDShow make AVStoDVD encode better or faster ? Or does FFDShow provide no useful support to AVStoDVD ?
Thanks.
Old 22nd December 2008, 12:13   #618  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

ffdshow is a set of directshow decoder filters, it is used to decode the input file you feed into AVStoDVD. Then AVStoDVD will encode it (thru QuEnc or HCenc) to MPEG2-DVD standard.

The choice to use (or not) ffdshow is yours. You should base your decision upon visual yield and decoding capability.

BTW, if you decide that ffdshow is your choice, I suggest you to answer "always" when ffdshow pops up.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 22nd December 2008, 17:08   #619  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

A question to all users.

Since I am trying to reduce AVStoDVD trend to become a fat suite, what do you think if I remove from the package ImgBurn and add a routine to use ImgBurn only if it is already installed in the system? Something like DVDShrink usage of Nero/DVDDecrypter.

I think that most of AVStoDVD users should have ImgBurn normally installed...

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 22nd December 2008, 17:09   #620  |  Link
rendez2k

Quote:
A question to all users.

Since I am trying to reduce AVStoDVD trend to become a fat suite, what do you think if I remove from the package ImgBurn and add a routine to use ImgBurn only if it is already installed in the system? Something like DVDShrink usage of Nero/DVDDecrypter.

I think that most of AVStoDVD users should have ImgBurn normally installed...

Bye

I'd be fine with that - don't need it on my system twice!
rendez2k is offline   Reply With Quote