Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding

Closed Thread

Old 14th December 2007, 19:40   #1981  |  Link
idbirch2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickardk View Post
Also the pulldown (29.97fps issue) must be removed from the VC-1 stream before it's muxed into a ts.
I was under the impression that all HD-DVDs were 23.976p...
Old 14th December 2007, 20:36   #1982  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Please no video discussion in this thread. The thread is already long enough without that. Thanks.
Old 15th December 2007, 00:46   #1983  |  Link
TheSof

I've used eac3to alot, but all of a sudden I'm getting a flac data mismatch error. Sounds like an overclocking issue, I know, but it has been stable for years now and has no problems using eac3to with other files - it's just Batman Begins I'm getting this error with.
Old 15th December 2007, 01:00   #1984  |  Link
Phantomas_X

can anybody post the link to delycut 1.3 ? I can't find the tread...
Old 15th December 2007, 01:06   #1985  |  Link
bobasp1

Can any1 let me know if theres a way around this problem? I have the nero decoder installed, but it doesn't seem to want to work.

Old 15th December 2007, 01:17   #1986  |  Link
Thunderbolt8

you cant use .evo files as input any more, you need to demux the audio stream out of it first.
Old 15th December 2007, 01:47   #1987  |  Link
hristoff2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantomas_X View Post
can anybody post the link to delycut 1.3 ? I can't find the tread...
--> http://uploaded.to/?id=ym2ck7
Old 15th December 2007, 02:40   #1988  |  Link
bobasp1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt8 View Post
you cant use .evo files as input any more, you need to demux the audio stream out of it first.
I did it saved it as a mpa file and doesn't seem to work.. ether

What im trying to do is basicly get the TrueHD to Flac audio but yeah I'm kind of lost because it when i use evodemux to take out the truehd audio its in a .mpa extension and it doesn't work either.

I was testing to see if the nero plugin was working *maybe theres more than one but* when I was doing a high bit rate file to a low one it did it just fine.

@Thunderbolt8 I did demux the audio stream and like I said it didn't work because its in mpa extension *changed it to a few others and it didn't work* What would you suggest.

Last edited by bobasp1; 15th December 2007 at 05:08. Reason: add
Old 15th December 2007, 04:30   #1989  |  Link
Thunderbolt8

im getting confused again with that first pts thing of video and audio. here in this case the delay is given for the video stream and not for the audio :S

Code:
PTM of first video frame = 00001269
PTM of last video frame = 10BE4675
Duration = 0:52:01.118
H.264 (AVC) video stream 0 found!
   First PTS = 00002FBD  (+83ms)
DTS HD (DTS) audio stream 0 found!
   First PTS = 00001269
so which would the delay then be for the audio, +83 or -83 ?
and since the values of first video frame is the same as of the first PTS of the audio, but not the same as the first PTS of the video is there a delay needed at all in this case? :S
Old 15th December 2007, 05:03   #1990  |  Link
Snowknight26

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
Yes, a sample would be helpful. But before uploading the sample please check whether you can reproduce the problem with the sample. If eac3to works fine with the sample, the sample won't help.
It doesn't work.

Here is a sample of the beginning 20MB of the 1st m2ts file, then a sample of the demuxed (with xport) LPCM stream from the sample, respectively.

http://www.stfcc.org/misc/therock.m2ts
http://www.stfcc.org/misc/therock.mpa

I've sent the same samples to drmpeg to see if he can find any problems.
Old 15th December 2007, 09:32   #1991  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSof View Post
I've used eac3to alot, but all of a sudden I'm getting a flac data mismatch error. Sounds like an overclocking issue, I know, but it has been stable for years now and has no problems using eac3to with other files - it's just Batman Begins I'm getting this error with.
Can you reproduce the problem with a little sample? If so, please upload that sample somewhere, please. Thanks...
Old 15th December 2007, 09:34   #1992  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobasp1 View Post
I did it saved it as a mpa file and doesn't seem to work.. ether

What im trying to do is basicly get the TrueHD to Flac audio but yeah I'm kind of lost because it when i use evodemux to take out the truehd audio its in a .mpa extension and it doesn't work either.

I was testing to see if the nero plugin was working *maybe theres more than one but* when I was doing a high bit rate file to a low one it did it just fine.

@Thunderbolt8 I did demux the audio stream and like I said it didn't work because its in mpa extension *changed it to a few others and it didn't work* What would you suggest.
Please use EvoDemux to demux the TrueHD stream and then let eac3to do its work. If that still doesn't work, please let us see what eac3to outputs. Also please try the "-libav" switch. Does that one work?
Old 15th December 2007, 09:37   #1993  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
im getting confused again with that first pts thing of video and audio. here in this case the delay is given for the video stream and not for the audio :S

Code:
   First PTS = 00001269
and since the values of first video frame is the same as of the first PTS of the audio, but not the same as the first PTS of the video is there a delay needed at all in this case? :S
That's a good question. A day or two ago I'd have said you need to delay audio by -83ms. But right now I'm not sure. Right now I think that it depends on what you do with the video. If you remux the video with gdsmux I guess that no audio delay is needed in this case. But if you demux video and remux it with mkvtoolnix (or mp4creator/mp4box) then probably you'll have to apply -83ms delay to the audio track. But I'm not totally sure. I might have more information about this later...
Old 15th December 2007, 11:05   #1994  |  Link
bobasp1

Quote:
Please use EvoDemux to demux the TrueHD stream and then let eac3to do its work. If that still doesn't work, please let us see what eac3to outputs. Also please try the "-libav" switch. Does that one work?
I just gave up used FFmpeg the one posted on the site with eac3 or something and i just ripped it straight from the evo tested it and there wasn't any problems. ripped it in Flac, and ac3 to see if there were any problems and there wasn't. So yeah.. good night every1.
Old 15th December 2007, 11:31   #1995  |  Link
Thunderbolt8

Quote:
That's a good question. A day or two ago I'd have said you need to delay audio by -83ms. But right now I'm not sure. Right now I think that it depends on what you do with the video. If you remux the video with gdsmux I guess that no audio delay is needed in this case. But if you demux video and remux it with mkvtoolnix (or mp4creator/mp4box) then probably you'll have to apply -83ms delay to the audio track. But I'm not totally sure. I might have more information about this later...
I will definately have to use mkvmerge sooner or later.
Old 15th December 2007, 12:17   #1996  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowknight26 View Post
It doesn't work.

Here is a sample of the beginning 20MB of the 1st m2ts file, then a sample of the demuxed (with xport) LPCM stream from the sample, respectively.

http://www.stfcc.org/misc/therock.m2ts
http://www.stfcc.org/misc/therock.mpa

I've sent the same samples to drmpeg to see if he can find any problems.
Works for me. eac3to only checks for RAW/PCM files if the file extension is "*.raw" or if the text "pcm" appears somewhere in the file name or file extension. Otherwise eac3to doesn't test for RAW/PCM because the test for RAW/PCM can consume a lot of time. So please rename "therock.mpa" to "therock.pcm" or "therock PCM.mpa" or something like that. Then eac3to should do its work.
Old 15th December 2007, 12:20   #1997  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
I will definately have to use mkvmerge sooner or later.
That is not important. Import is if there's a step in your processing chain which loses the timestamps of the EVO container. If you use gdsmux + mkvmerge, the timestamps are preserved. However, as soon as you *de*mux the video to a raw file, the timestamps are lost. When the original timestamps of the EVO file are lost, you will have to apply -83ms to the audio file. If the timestamps are not lost, I think you don't need to apply a delay in this specific case, because the first audio timestamp matches the "PTM of first video frame" timestamp of the EVO file. I'm not fully sure yet, though.
Old 15th December 2007, 14:17   #1998  |  Link
Thunderbolt8

what I did is I demuxed both streams, video and audio, with evodemux and then muxed it together in mkvmerge. im not 100% sure yet, but it might indeed be the way that it looks best with no delay at all applied. the source is the 1st band of brothers HD DVD and since I already looked into the 2nd disc too I can say these timestamps for video and audio are the same for all 4 episodes so far.
I might give it a try and do both, also remux with gdsmux or haali filters or h264tsto (should all be the same, right? btw. will it be ok if I only remux the video stream in the .mkv file for the timestamps instead of having 1 audio stream in it too?) and then try to compare the lip sync of all 3 episodes (the 1st EP gives me funny rainbow frames :S)

Last edited by Thunderbolt8; 15th December 2007 at 14:31.
Old 15th December 2007, 16:23   #1999  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
what I did is I demuxed both streams, video and audio, with evodemux and then muxed it together in mkvmerge. im not 100% sure yet, but it might indeed be the way that it looks best with no delay at all applied.
You got my explanation the wrong way. If you demux video, you *do* need to apply a delay in this specific case.

Quote:
should all be the same, right? btw. will it be ok if I only remux the video stream in the .mkv file for the timestamps instead of having 1 audio stream in it too?
Yes, should be the same. Only remuxing video is ok.
Old 15th December 2007, 16:23   #2000  |  Link
Chumbo

Quote:

Code:
   First PTS = 00001269
From my experience, it's been consistently correct to do the following.
- if the delay is on the video, then apply the opposite to the audio, e.g., if it's +83ms then apply -83ms to the audio. I do use the mkv tools on occasion and have not had any issues

- if the delay is listed on the audio, then apply it as is to the audio, i.e., if it shows +83ms, then apply 83ms to the audio.

But as madshi mentioned, it's possible other issues may crop under the right conditions. Just because I haven't run into them doesn't mean they're not there.

Tags
eac3to