Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 8th September 2006, 01:48   #1081  |  Link
foxyshadis
Angel of Night

Please post at least the first ten lines of stack when you copy them. Even if they aren't necessary, it's impossible to tell with only one stack level, and it doesn't take that much space. (On the other hand, a full trace is usually overkill, ten levels is a nice medium.)

Anyway, somehow your avisynth configuration is still jacked, but if you feel it's usable as is, fine. At least check the options to make sure the paths are correct.
Old 9th September 2006, 08:14   #1082  |  Link
Omnius

I'm getting that same "Unable to cast object of type 'AvsVideoReader" error. I have used MeGUI in the past sucessfully, but it has been a long while and I had re-installed Windows since my last use, so I was essentially starting over. My answer to almost every problem I don't immediately figure out is to format and start over, so that is what I did. However, it didn't help. I still get the same error.

I did a clean format and install of XP x64 and then installed all of my drivers. I then ran Windows Update and grabbed everything it suggested as well as using it to get .NET 2.0. I installed YUVCodecs 1.2 and AVISynth 2.5.6a. Finally I installed MeGUI and let it run the update, and everything except for the neroaacenc was successful.

I used the MeGUI D2V creator tool to create a D2V of a 1080i TS file and then attempted to load that D2V file into the MeGUI AVISynth script creator. It is immediately at that point that it throws the error. It appears to only be the preview window that isn't working. I could still let it detect the proper deinterlacing method, etc. I saved the AVS file and then loaded the AVS file in my media player and it plays fine.

So, I believe my AVSynth install is fine and I believe the proper dgdecode version is in the plugin directory because the only version on the entire system is what MeGUI provided automatically. Any other ideas as to what could be going wrong? Thanks.

Here is the first bit of the stack trace:
MeGUI.AviSynthWindow.openVideo
MeGUI.AviSynthWindow.openVideoSource
MeGUI.AviSynthWindow.openVideoButton_Click
System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick
System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick
System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp
System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp
System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc
System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc
System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc
Old 9th September 2006, 08:36   #1083  |  Link
check
phjbdpcrjlj2sb3h

have you tried in XP32? I'd guess this is XP64 problems.
Old 9th September 2006, 10:45   #1084  |  Link
aggressor

I'm getting the same error as Omnius and loretta80 and it's very frustrating for a first time user who is trying to switch from GKnot Here's a picture of the error: http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/2821/untitledyj5.png

I'm using WinXP32, along with MeGUI 0.2.3.2193 grabbed from x264.nl. I have Avisnyth 2.56a and the proper DGDecode.dll in avisnyth plugin directory, as well as decomb.dll. I've tried creating the d2v file with both a standalone DGIndex and the one that comes with MeGUI, and nothing changes.

Last edited by aggressor; 9th September 2006 at 10:56.
Old 9th September 2006, 11:42   #1085  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

why oh why do people upload unstable releases without big fat warning signs?
Old 9th September 2006, 11:50   #1086  |  Link
aggressor

So where are we supposed to get 2.3.2192? I didn't know 2193 was unstable, as there isn't really much information the x264 page.

Edit: Nevermind, I found it on the Sourceforge page. Partially my fault for going to x264.nl to grab the latest MeGUI. I originally just went there for updated x264 builds, but I liked the installer for MeGUI on that page :\

Let's see if this one does any better.
Edit2: Yep, works fine now. There goes a couple of hours wasted

Last edited by aggressor; 9th September 2006 at 12:01.
Old 9th September 2006, 12:24   #1087  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

I asked bob0r to pull the test version immediately.. he should know better, it's been an issue for two weeks now. I'll have to rename the test version to use different version numbers.. I am working on 2193 and that's based on a stable and trusted version, not a refactor that needs a lot of testing and fixing before it should be spread widely.
Old 9th September 2006, 12:40   #1088  |  Link
aggressor

Well, 2192 is working fine for me. I see some familiar things from GKnot, but at first glance there is 1 things that I miss:

The Bits/(Pixel*Frame) window in the Bitrate calculator. It helped me decide how many CDs I wanted to do to avoid dropping into the yellow, even though I know it didn't really say much about actual compressibility :P

Are there settings for that anywhere? I looked a bit, but its 7am and I'm about to pass out, so I might have missed it

I found the preview thing I was looking for. At first it would error so I didn't know what it did, but now it works

Last edited by aggressor; 9th September 2006 at 12:56.
Old 9th September 2006, 15:42   #1089  |  Link
Omnius

Yeah, sorry about that. I didn't realize it was an unstable build either. But, you can't exactly blame us for that either since the very first line of the MeGUI guide that is a sticky at the top of this forum says "You can get the most recent version of MeGUI from http://x264.nl". So that is naturally what I did.

I grabbed 2177 from sourceforge and let it update itself to 2192 and it appears to be working. Thanks for the quick reply.
Old 9th September 2006, 20:00   #1090  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggressor
The Bits/(Pixel*Frame) window in the Bitrate calculator. It helped me decide how many CDs I wanted to do to avoid dropping into the yellow, even though I know it didn't really say much about actual compressibility :P

Are there settings for that anywhere? I looked a bit, but its 7am and I'm about to pass out, so I might have missed it
Bits/(pixel*frame) is an empiric way to measure desired quality that doesnt take into account many factors and it higly depends on the used codec and the source compressibility.
It becomes useless when using h.264 codecs coz there are too much codec options that affect the compressibility (inloop filter settings, motion extimation method, subpixel refinement, RD algorithms, bitstream compression method, etc).
Old 11th September 2006, 17:19   #1091  |  Link
loretta80

thanks omnius and aggressor. That was the same problem i had. now everything is fine again. i didn't realized this unstable version too.
thanks to doom9 and sharktooth. next time i post the version i use emediatly.
Old 12th September 2006, 13:12   #1092  |  Link
naugas

A small problem... I can't get the update function to work. The program doesn't try to make a connection request, starting up or when trying to update manually (I would see that because of my firewall). I tried the 0.2.3.2177 version on sourceforge also, but the same. Is there maybe some component missing that I'm not aware of?
Old 12th September 2006, 13:30   #1093  |  Link
check
phjbdpcrjlj2sb3h

Connects and loads ok here - are you sure your firewall isn't passively blocking it?
Old 12th September 2006, 18:31   #1094  |  Link
glynor

I've been having trouble with the Update function all day today as well. It says it's failing to download the Update XML.

I am using it on a new system, and had just installed 2.3.2192 with the installer downloaded from http://x264.nl. I then uninstalled that, installed the sourceforge version (2177) and tried the update, which also failed. I then re-installed the 2192 version over top of the 2177 version, and the update finally worked fine!

No idea if that was dumb luck or if my version updating method was needed to get it going....
Old 12th September 2006, 18:37   #1095  |  Link
naugas

Found out that I had some left-over proxy settings that I think confused megui. They were to a localhost proxy that I don't use. Hmm, more strange that all my other programs connect properly now that I think about it? Anyway, I get connected now, and half of the stuff on the update list gets downloaded, so it's working. For the rest of the files the "server could not be contacted" but that's the way it is I guess.

But it wants to downgrade the x264 encoder, from 560 to 557, have someone forgot to update a database somewhere?

edit 1: It doesn't look like it was my proxy settings after all... :\ edit 3: yes it was. But ordinary connection problems after that. Some hours later, and everything works perfectly. Many thanks for this wonderful tool!

edit 2: Maybe some dns problems? Checking it up, prevenge.aetherihosting.com and megui.org points to the same ip, but sometimes I got redirected to what I guess is the hosting company, leafyhost.com, and sometimes to a cpanel installation. The megui.org/www.megui.org always times out.

Last edited by naugas; 12th September 2006 at 21:14.
Old 12th September 2006, 20:58   #1096  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

@naugas: it must be you because these urls work like a charm here. And proxy wise, .NET software uses the proxy configured in IE.. I don't know why that is, but that's the behavior I experience at work.
And keep in mind that megui never detects version numbers of tools you install manually.. if you want to load tools on your own, turn off updates for that tool.
Old 12th September 2006, 20:59   #1097  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

557 is the same as 560. Look at the changelog...
Old 13th September 2006, 00:14   #1098  |  Link
glynor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom9
@naugas: it must be you because these urls work like a charm here. And proxy wise, .NET software uses the proxy configured in IE.. I don't know why that is, but that's the behavior I experience at work.
Thought I'd mention that the machine where I had the connection issue has never had any proxy settings (and still doesn't) activated. It was a fairly brand new PC, on a very reliable institutional network. The network was behaving well otherwise today.

I had trouble a number of times at work today (though it was intermittently successful). I tested my install from home tonight, and it is working fine.
Old 13th September 2006, 01:06   #1099  |  Link
foxyshadis
Angel of Night

Probably DNS issues, and not necessarily your fault. If provantage's network engineers are working on it, or your ISP, or 1&1... hiccups happen.
Old 18th September 2006, 22:03   #1100  |  Link
wiak

MeGUI is broken on Windows Vista RC1 x86
the update program just crashes
-
Windows NT Version 6.0 Build: 5600
Product: Workstation
Suite: (0x100) Single User TS Professional
BuildString: 6.0.5600.16384 (vista_rc1.060829-2230)
Flavor: Free
Architecture: X86
-
Closed Thread