Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 6th June 2010, 19:52   #1  |  Link
zzspectrez

PS3: Tsmuxer .m2ts inconsistent results

Hello..

Goal:
* Downconvert my BluRay Collection to 720p (Save space)
* Maintain AC3
* Store also Locally on PS3 for convenient playback

My Experience:

I usually resize and transcode with MEGUI. The settings I have used for x264 video have varied with one of the AVCHD or PS3 encoder profiles.

I convert DTS to AC3 with eac3tool then mux in matroska for storage on PC.

I then would convert ac3 with neroaacenc to LC-Multichannel and mux in MP4 container for PS3. Works good but no multichannel since my receiver doesnt have HDMI in only Optical.

Saw some posts saying to use TsMuxer to mux mkv to m2ts file and you can maintain AC3.

Here comes my trouble. Some of my videos work, others come up as unsupported. Those that work, AC3 works great and is passed to receiver. Some videos allow seeking and thumbnail search others don't. Saw reference to unselect continually insert SPS/PPS in TsMuxer to allow seeking. This makes the file show up as unsupported.

So I did a test. I took a 5 minute clip and encoded as BluRay-HQ, AVCHD-HQ, PS-HQ.

Muxed with AC3 into Matroska and then Used tsMuxerGUI to convert to m2ts changed PS-HQ profile to 4.1.

Only PS-HQ clip plays. Others show unsupported.

Take the Same video sources. Convert AC3 to Nero AAC and mux into mp4 container.

All three clips play fine. So it is not the actual video streams.

Whats Going ON?
zzspectrez is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
m2ts, ps3, tsmuxer