Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 7th March 2002, 08:35   #1  |  Link
Gora

Joining Ogg stream

Hi all.

I have looked through this forum and Audio encoding forum but could not find what I was looking for.

Is there currently any way of joining 2 ogg audio streams? I must admit I am a newbie to the Ogg scene and rely heavily on the Doom9 guides to rip my DVD's. There's no guide for this so I am stuffed.

Also, there was a thread earlier that people confirmed but no-one gave a solution to. I have an OGM file with a DivX3 video stream and Ogg audio stream. When I start playing the file in Media player 8 (XP) for about 5 second initially, the video freezes and the audio continues playing. Then the player skips video frames and the rest of the movie plays fine. The same movie with an mp stream has no problem. Any suggestions?

Cheers
Dean.
Gora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2002, 09:05   #2  |  Link
Neo Neko

No sugestions ATM for joining Vorbis audio clips outside of converting them to WAV appending and back to Vorbis.

As for your OGG problems I have never used 3.11 in OGG as I all but abandoned it for better more compliant codecs quite a while back. It could quite possibly be another problem with Divx3. Everyone else and myself that I have heard of has been using Xvid or Divx4. Have you tried to use either of those as a test? If so is the same thing happening with them or something else. Or do they play fine?
Neo Neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2002, 09:09   #3  |  Link
Gora

Howzit.

OK, what do you recommend I use to convert the OGG back to WAV?

I have the same problem with a DivX5 video stream and Ogg audio stream. The problem is definitely with the Ogg stream or the OGM container. Does the same whether I use BSPlayer or Media Player.
Old 7th March 2002, 12:59   #4  |  Link
philippas
∏→+∞

I was having problems with WM8 also but with WM 6.4 everything is playing fine.
philippas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2002, 21:26   #5  |  Link
Neo Neko

Quote:
Originally posted by Gora
OK, what do you recommend I use to convert the OGG back to WAV?
Winamp could work. John33 over at hydrogenaudio.org has released an oggdec comandline program to convert back to wav if you prefer.
Quote:
I have the same problem with a DivX5 video stream and Ogg audio stream. The problem is definitely with the Ogg stream or the OGM container. Does the same whether I use BSPlayer or Media Player.
I was thinking more along the lines of Xvid or Divx4. Divx5 has been said to have problems by other people. With Xvid and Divx4 though OGG has no problem. I have used the combo for quite a while. Course not everyone keeps archives of all their old software. I have Divx installers all the way back to 4.0 and 3.11a backed up. Powerdivx4 betas from 11 all the way back to 2 backed up. Also I have the OGG directshow filters backed up quite a ways back. Never know when you will need them again.
Old 8th March 2002, 03:20   #6  |  Link
trongy

No need to decode and reencode

You can join two ogg vorbis audio files by concatenating (adding them together). The result is a legal ogg file.
Under windows you can do this with copy.
eg: copy /b one.ogg + two.ogg combined.ogg

Chris
trongy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2002, 04:01   #7  |  Link
Neo Neko

<------ Whips out Star Office and starts typing feverishly. Good stuff!
Old 15th March 2002, 10:08   #8  |  Link
Gora

Re: Joining oggs

Quote:
Originally posted by trongy
You can join two ogg vorbis audio files by concatenating (adding them together). The result is a legal ogg file.
Under windows you can do this with copy.
eg: copy /b one.ogg + two.ogg combined.ogg

Chris
Hi Chris.

I gather this only works for .ogg files and not .ogm files. I tried to join 2 music videos using the 'copy /b' command in WinXP, but when it came to playing the combined file, WMP only played the first song.

Do you know of any simple method of joining 2 or more OGM's?

Cheers,
Dean.
Old 15th March 2002, 20:17   #9  |  Link
ChristianHJW

Re: Re: Joining oggs

Quote:
Do you know of any simple method of joining 2 or more OGM's?
.... Yes. Wait for Tobias' cutting/joining tool