Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > (Auto) Gordian Knot
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 14th November 2003, 17:27   #241  |  Link
((( atom )))
noise is all around us...

@len0x: atom and his wishes again..

since i am so short of time, i have a pile of 6 or 7 ripped dvds on my drive wich were - in lack of knowledge of your app - demuxed while rippinng and i couldnn't find the time to sit down and gknnot them for weeks.
your program now sadly refuses to encode them, telling me (the truth), that there is no audio to be found within these vobs.
i'd be so glad if i could encode them using your program, though.. do you have any idea for a quick workarounnd maybe?
Old 14th November 2003, 17:32   #242  |  Link
len0x
I'm afraid we've to stop

Quote:
Originally posted by ((( atom )))
...demuxed while rippinng and i couldnn't find the time to sit down and gknnot them for weeks.
your program now sadly refuses to encode them, telling me (the truth), that there is no audio to be found within these vobs.
i'd be so glad if i could encode them using your program, though.. do you have any idea for a quick workarounnd maybe?
if you just have M2V and AC3 file, then, no... Even if it was a way then audio would be slightly out of synch and audio has to be demuxed within the program...
len0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2003, 17:35   #243  |  Link
HellSpawn

I used your program to encode a dvd with blackadder episodes.The program recognised that the movie was interlaced and the quality produced is relatively good(considering the source ).
However I only later realised that it had ripped the subtitles for just the first episode.The main movie stream contains 3 episodes with end credits between them.Didn't it have to rip the subtitles from all the vobs?Is that a bug or something?

"History starts now with me..."
HellSpawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2003, 18:03   #244  |  Link
len0x
I'm afraid we've to stop

Quote:
Originally posted by HellSpawn
However I only later realised that it had ripped the subtitles for just the first episode.The main movie stream contains 3 episodes with end credits between them.Didn't it have to rip the subtitles from all the vobs?Is that a bug or something?
Did you rip all three episodes in one go? (one job)
Coz you're supposed to rip & encode each ep separately. When I rip subtitles I only can rip one program chain at a time...
Old 14th November 2003, 18:05   #245  |  Link
GizmoDerMokwai
Xubuntu21.04 AVS+3.7 x265

hey, len0x, i just had another idea of a new feature: the typical shutdown after finish feature ;D
GizmoDerMokwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2003, 18:08   #246  |  Link
len0x
I'm afraid we've to stop

@GizmoDerMokwai

you're not the first one who had that idea
Old 14th November 2003, 19:44   #247  |  Link
zerocoolnl

lol, it's clear now that it is a good option..
Old 14th November 2003, 20:45   #248  |  Link
HellSpawn

I ripped the chain in one go.The vobs contain 3 episodes but each episode does not occupie a vob.The first episode for instance is a vob and a half.Did I do something wrong?I never had this kind of error before.Even with subripper all the subtitles were extracted.

Old 14th November 2003, 20:49   #249  |  Link
manono

Jagergeek-

Maybe you can do me a favor. Open the finished .avi movie in VDubMod and scroll to one of those scenes with movement that "flutters" (ignore that black screen writing about B-Frames at the beginning). Hold down the Shift key to make scrolling easier. Then start advancing frame by frame (right arrow key). As a person is moving, do you get this 2 steps forward and one step back kind of thing? And have a look at the frames themselves. Are they "clean", or do you see "ghosts" or "double images" or "echoes", or interlacing (thin black horizontal lines during movement)? Based on what you've said, I think the answer to the first question is "yes", and to the second question, "clean".

And is the final framerate of the movie 23.976fps? While the movie is open in VDubMod, check in File-File Information. It should be, I think, and it sounds as if Force Film was applied, but perhaps with the Field Order reversed (?).

Thanks for posting, and then following up. Please stick with us so we can help to figure it out.
manono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2003, 23:00   #250  |  Link
len0x
I'm afraid we've to stop

Quote:
I ripped the chain in one go.The vobs contain 3 episodes but each episode does not occupie a vob.The first episode for instance is a vob and a half.Did I do something wrong?I never had this kind of error before.Even with subripper all the subtitles were extracted.
are you saying that you have one final avi which contains 3 episodes but only first one has subs ? Or you did three separate encodes and only first one has subs? Coz you're supposed to do the latter...
I'm a bit confused...

Last edited by len0x; 14th November 2003 at 23:08.
Old 14th November 2003, 23:07   #251  |  Link
GizmoDerMokwai

hehe, sorry dudes, hadn't been @ my pc for a wile ;D and i was to lazy to read all that posts ;D
Old 15th November 2003, 00:21   #252  |  Link
HellSpawn

I have an avi with three episodes but only the first one has subtitles.I ripped the main movie vobs and encoded them with GordianKnotItFast4U.I could not split the vobs because they were all of the main movie.The three episodes are not separate you must understand this.There is no reason for doing three separate encodes.Remember the animatrix.That's how this is too.However in the avi are multiplexed only the subtitles of the first episode.Do you understand?

Old 15th November 2003, 00:57   #253  |  Link
Jagergeek

avi

Quote:
Maybe you can do me a favor. Open the finished .avi movie in VDubMod and scroll to one of those scenes with movement that "flutters"
Well, I tried to do that but VirtualDubMod but get this error:

VirtualDub has detected an improper VBR audio encoding in the source avi file (audio stream 1. The current preference is to rewrite the audio header with standard CBR values during processing for better compatability....<there was more, but I got tired of typing>

But it gets more interesting...
I can get past that by allowing it to rewrite headers, and the avi will play - although it looks very bad compared to using any standalone player software. The audio seems to slowly go out of sync with the video too. But no "fluttering". Frame by frame looks normal!

Playing the same avi through, say, zPlayer or WMP and we get the fluttering again. I slowed it down as much as possible. Here's what I see...
Only items moving in the frame show any fluttering. Imagine a man picking up a gun off of a table. His arm would jerk back and forth as it moved - It's as though half the video is a few frames off...and it's constantly trying to correct itself.

Is it bad audio or bad video???
Jagergeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2003, 03:48   #254  |  Link
Catatonic

identifying subtitles

@Lenox

is there a way that you could possible identify the subtitles a little better in the drop down list box? for example:

stream information.txt identifies the subtitles from Dances with Wolves as such:

0x20 - Subtitle - English / Normal Captions / LBA: 2684 / PTS: 00:00:06.953 / Delay: 6673ms
0x21 - Subtitle - Français / Normal Captions / LBA: 2689 / PTS: 00:00:06.953 / Delay: 6673ms
0x22 - Subtitle - Español / Normal Captions / LBA: 2691 / PTS: 00:00:06.953 / Delay: 6673ms
0x23 - Subtitle - English / Forced / LBA: 140805 / PTS: 00:05:27.607 / Delay: 327327ms
0x24 - Subtitle - English / Normal Captions / LBA: 2693 / PTS: 00:00:06.953 / Delay: 6673ms
0x25 - Subtitle - Français / Normal Captions / LBA: 2695 / PTS: 00:00:06.953 / Delay: 6673ms
0x26 - Subtitle - Español / Normal Captions / LBA: 2697 / PTS: 00:00:06.953 / Delay: 6673ms
0x27 - Subtitle - English / Forced / LBA: 140813 / PTS: 00:05:27.607 / Delay: 327327ms

the drop down list only gives this much information:

English
Francais
Espanol
English...etc...etc

Is it possible to have them identified more like the Stream Information.txt file? maybe "0x23-English/Forced"? it would be easier to determine which were forced and which were normal captions.

thanks!
Catatonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2003, 06:28   #255  |  Link
manono

Jagergeek-

Thanks for answering.

VirtualDub has detected an improper VBR audio.

I mentioned ignoring the message on the screen about B-Frames, and forgot to mention the one about VBR audio. Sorry. Next time, just hit "No" and ignore it also.

and the avi will play

I didn't mean for you to play it, but to advance frame by frame. You can use either the double right arrow at the bottom of VDubMod, or the right arrow on your keyboard. But you said that the video seems fine. So there's nothing wrong with either the video or the audio (I think). It's a decoder or playback/player problem, and I think it's the decoder, something toliman also mentioned in his reply.

So, you can do me another favor. Open one of the movies in ZoomPlayer. Right click the video screen and highlight Filter Properties and see what's decoding the video. I think it's ffdshow. Either that or Koepi's Decoder. If you're not sure, then list everything there. That can be fixed, but there are lots of things that may be causing the problem, and I think I have an easier way. Please get Nic's XviD Decoder, double click and install it. Play a movie and right click the video screen again and highlight Filter Properties. Now it should say XviD MPEG-4 Video Decoder. With any luck, it'll play OK now. I hope.
Old 15th November 2003, 09:37   #256  |  Link
ambu

after 5 days of waiting for my account to be registered, i just wanted to say : THANK YOU!
great tool, already messed around with GK before, but it took me some hours/days to get the quality and size that i *really* wanted

the 0.22-version was the first one i tested, and it already worked great... no problems with any of the 8 rips i've done so far (tried almost everything : 1cd/mp3, 2cd/mp3, 2cd/ac3, etc.)... only thing i haven't used yet are subtitles, maybe next time

*love* this tool
ambu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2003, 10:08   #257  |  Link
GizmoDerMokwai

@len0x: maxbe you should check the gui once again. i used it unter win2k_sp2 an after aborting the ripping process, audio was set back to standart, what means, apart from which audio track you've selected it went back to the First stream, any other option such as Suptitles, input/output and file size stayed as set.
Old 15th November 2003, 13:26   #258  |  Link
manono

ambu-Welcome to the Forum-

It's for people like you that len0x created GKFast. Thanks for the report, and be sure to let us know if you do have any problems down the line.
Old 15th November 2003, 14:41   #259  |  Link
len0x
I'm afraid we've to stop

Quote:
I have an avi with three episodes but only the first one has subtitles.I ripped the main movie vobs and encoded them with GordianKnotItFast4U.I could not split the vobs because they were all of the main movie.The three episodes are not separate you must understand this.There is no reason for doing three separate encodes.Remember the animatrix.That's how this is too.However in the avi are multiplexed only the subtitles of the first episode.Do you understand?
now I do, after you mentioned animatrix
I'm not sure what's causing it, but you can mail me *.idx file created by vobsub so I can have a look...
You can also check it by yourself to see if timestamps for second and third eps are present there. If not you can try creating idx file manually with vobsub or subrip and see if you ever manage to get them into idx file. If not, then there is pretty much nothing we can do here, but you could report that in subtitle forum...
Old 15th November 2003, 14:43   #260  |  Link
len0x
I'm afraid we've to stop

Quote:
Originally posted by GizmoDerMokwai
@len0x: maxbe you should check the gui once again. i used it unter win2k_sp2 an after aborting the ripping process, audio was set back to standart, what means, apart from which audio track you've selected it went back to the First stream, any other option such as Suptitles, input/output and file size stayed as set.
are you saying that if aborted, language is being reset to the first one ?