Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10th September 2002, 18:43   #1  |  Link
Kurosu

"Rainbow edge" Filter: it's possible :)

Hi all, here I go for my first post here!

Reading OUTPinged_'s post on how some shimmer can happen on video captures, I came with the idea of a filter I've implemented. This is mainly experimental ground, therefore "slow as hell" but source is included to give you an idea. It's released under a license (first time for me), the GNU LGPL license. If you want me to clarify my notes on that matter, you're welcome. It is hear to respect the originals authors of avisynth and Visual C++.

You could read the text provided in the archive, but I list the "features":
- choice of the kernel type used for edge detection (first isn't very effective)
- edge detection threshold (values -1, -2, -3 will try to find a good value), yet the detection doesn't have to be that precise (it seems not all edges have to be chromafiltered)
- temporal chromasmooth strength (if you see the code, you'll understand it's more of a fancy name )
- choice of a spatial chroma smooth type (not strength, all available options lead to different function

I've attached the DLL to have moderators approval, but you may also get it from my "site".

One last note: I'll be away tuesday for like 20 days. I may reply, but I won't be able to update the dll.

Note: sorry for the earlier post

Last edited by Kurosu; 10th September 2002 at 20:21.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote