Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Old 31st July 2005, 10:39   #1  |  Link
jinjin_jp

Test of ARccOS (DVDDecrypter, DVDFabDecrypter,DVD95Copy,AnyDVD)

I wanted to see ARccOS actually, but could not because it's not found out in Regeon2-NTSC(Japan) so far.
I'd report some examination of ARccOS, because it was found in "KUNG_FU_HUSTLE" at (perhaps)first in Japan.

At first,
Its main movie is constructed from 58 cells, of which chapter_01 is from 30 cells.
When playback by player usually, Cell_03-22 aren't playbacked by Cell Command which is jumpig to Cell_22 from Cell_02.
Cell_01,02,and 23 is blank-black, each of which playback-time(size) is 00.00(7sectors), 00.00(7sectors)), and 00.11(15sectors)).
It is constructed from 3 VTS, but VTS_03 is all unreferenced material,

Next,
I compared (1)DVDDecrypter_3.5.4.0, (2)DVDFabDecrypter_2.9.3, (3)DVD95Copy_2.21(restricted by trial version), and (4)AnyDVD_5.3.21.
I examined about ripping by these software, compressing by DVDShrink, and the result of countermeasure(for example VobBlanker).

(1)DVDDecrypter_3.5.4.0
___o:Can rip by creating and using PSL file. (Normal method can't rip (I/O error))
_______Bad sectors are 6 parts of continuous sectoros(744192-744239(*),745088-745423,745648-746239,746672-747279,747936-748255,748336-748351).
_______It is strange that detected bad sectors are not the same each time, for example(*) 744192-744239 and 744208-744239.
_______All bad sectors are in Cell_13 (743411-749179).
_______It needs too much time, over 4-5 hours for detecting bad sectors, 1-2 hours for ripping. (Normally it needs only 15-30 minutes for ripping)
_______The value written in PSL is permitted either one of 6 parted, one of Cell_13, or one of Cell_03-22(which isn't playbacked).
_______VTS_03 are all removed. (according to setting)
___x:By DVDShrink, ripped files can open, but have problems.
_______Shown size of main movie is extraordinally. (1,262,689MB(15.0%)=>8,385,519MB(99.9%)=>4,041MB(100.0%)).
_______Can't start transcode by error (not enough space), when setting main movie compress.
_______Can't continue transcode by error (out of memory), when setting main movie not compress.
___o:The problem solves, after blanking Cell_13 by VobBlanker_2.0.0.2.
_______(If setting Cell_13 keep, can't process by error(reeding unsynchronized). )

(2)DVDFabDecrypter_2.9.3
___o:Can rip without problem.
_______Cell_02-22 become unreferenced materials by removed from VTS overview, but these cells aren't removed.
_______It is strange that Cell_02 becomes unreferenced inspite of playbacked cell.
_______VTS_03 are all removed.
___o:By DVDShrink, ripped files can open and compress without problem, when only main movie (Re-Author Mode).
___x:By DVDShrink, ripped files can open, but have problems, when Full-Disc Mode.
_______Shown size(ratio of main movie) of automatic is too small (2,364MB). I think it is caused by unreferenced material.
_______Size of unreferenced material is shown blue inspite of impossible to compress, and by setting it Stiil Image above problem solved.
_______Can't continue transcode by error (out of memory) anyway.
___o:The problem solves, after processing(all keep) by VobBlanker_2.0.0.2.
_______Ureferenced materials(cells) are replaced with blank cells (When default setting).

(3)DVD95Copy_2.21(restricted by trial version)
___o:Can rip without problem.
_______Cell_03-22 are removed, which correspond to cells not playbacked usually.
_______When "Full-Disc" mode, descriptions of Cell_03-22 are remain in IFO (for example, VTS overview and VTS PGCITI), but not in VTS_C_ADT.
_______When "Movie Only" mode, descriptions of Cell_03-22 are not remain in IFO.
_______VTS_03 are all removed when "Full-Disc" mode.
___?:When using for the purpose of only ripping, it can't be confirmed compress by DVDShrink because of restriction of trial version.
_______Can't open files(failed to open file"VTS_01_2.VOB"). It seems to be caused by trial version.
_______I suppose that there is not problem when "Movie Only" mode, but may be problem when" Full-Disc" mode, if without the restriction.
_________Can't input files of "Full-Disc" mode (Error:Cell not found) by VobBlanker_2.0.0.2, but can do those of "Movie Only" mode.

(4-1)AnyDVD_5.3.21 (Copy&Paste or ripping by DVDDecrypter_3.5.4.0 without PSL)
____o:Can rip without problem about both.
_______Cell_03-22 become unreferenced materials by changing V/C-ID in VTS overview, but these cells aren't removed.
_______Cell_03-22 correspond to cells not playbacked usually.
_______V/C-ID of these cells change to 1/2(all are same) from each 1/3,1/4,1/5,-----1/22.
___x:By DVDShrink, ripped files can't open by error(Invalid data in "VTS_01_5.VOB").
_______By examining with DvdRemakePro_3.1, Cell_58(the last cell of VTS_01) has 65 buttons of the meaning obscurity. I suppose it causes the problem.
___o:The problem solves, after processing(all keep) by VobBlanker_2.0.0.2.
_______Ureferenced materials(cells) are replaced with blank cells (When default setting).

(4-2)AnyDVD_5.3.21 and directly DVDShrink_3.2(No compression and Auto compression)
____o:Can rip and output by DVDShrink without problem about both.
_______Cell_03-22 become unreferenced materials by changing V/C-ID in VTS overview, but these cells aren't removed.
_______Cell_03-22 correspond to cells not playbacked usually.
_______V/C-ID of these cells change to 1/2(all are same) from each 1/3,1/4,1/5,-----1/22.
_______Cell_03-22 seem to be replaced because the size of each cell change to small, and each size is same between No compression and Auto compression.
____x:By DVDShrink, output files can open, but have problems.
_______Maximum compression ratio of main movie is too small.(98.4%(outout files of No compression), 98.5%(outout files of Auto compression))
_______So output files of No compression can't compress to 4464MB, and those of Auto compression have no need, but I suupose these files have problem.
_______Cell_58(the last cell of VTS_01) has 65 buttons of the meaning obscurity like (4-1) yet. I suppose it causes the problem.

From above test, I think following procedure can be used to backup.
(a)DVDDecrypter(using PSL) =>VobBlanker(Blank Cell_13) =>DVDShrink
(b)DVDFabDecrypter =>VobBlanker(Keep All Cells) =>DVDShrink
(c)(When main-movie only): DVDFabDecrypter =>DVDShrink(Re-Author mode)
(d)(When main-movie only): DVD95Copy(Movie only mode) =>DVDShrink(if want)
(e)AnyDVD =>Copy&Paste =>VobBlanker(Keep All Cells) =>DVDShrink
(f)AnyDVD =>DVDDecrypter(not using PSL) =>VobBlanker(Keep All Cells) =>DVDShrink

I chose method(c), but there is found a problem, that the screen is black for about one minute and shown time remains 0:00:00 when starting to playback by player.
I didn't notice when playback by PC player, and it seems to occur according to player (the player I have has the problem).
It could be solved by that the cell_type of Cell_02(=Cell_23 of original) changes 8 to 2 (i.e seamles to not semless).
And it could be solved by adding Cell Command that jump from cell_01 to cell_02, like Cell_23 of original.
Both methods are possible to correct IFO by PgcEdit_0.6.0 (or IfoEdit_0.971), and there another method like below.
(g)When processing(all keep), use DvdReMakePro_3.1 instead of VobBlanker_2.0.0.2.
____DvdReMakePro changes cell_type of Cell_02 changes 8 to 2, inspite of VobBlanker doesn't change. I don't know the reason.
(h)Blank Cell_1 or Cell_2(Cell_23 of original) by VobBlanker_2.0.0.2 (or DvdReMakePro_3.1).
____It changes cell_type of the blanked cell and the next cell to 2.

I finally chose method(c)+(h).

Last edited by jinjin_jp; 1st August 2005 at 00:09.
jinjin_jp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2005, 14:06   #2  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

nice works !

i had use another method (just happen one time, with "The Passion of the Christ", pal rc2): anydvd (activated with only macrovision and css removal), then ripped to hd with vobblanker ! Excellent result (with dvdrebuilder and dvdshrink)

BHH
buzzqw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2005, 16:27   #3  |  Link
jinjin_jp

I made a table about this.

Last edited by jinjin_jp; 31st July 2005 at 16:30.
jinjin_jp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2005, 17:41   #4  |  Link
feedback
Gold (Au) Member

Nice Job!

I suspect all Regions will see more ARccOS as times goes by.

Regards,

It's as easy as 3.14159265

The Problem is Usually found between the Chair and the Keyboard!
feedback is offline   Reply With Quote