Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 6th May 2017, 16:17   #21801  |  Link
max79

to mkver: Thank you!
max79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2017, 21:55   #21802  |  Link
mclingo

lav audio messed up

is it just my machine or is LAV audio totally messed up, or is it the creaters update?

I cant get DTS to bitstream and its not sending the right information to my speakers. Rears are summed and i'm getting not height, height is being summed to front left and right.

if i play my test audio files in windows films and TV it works find, its just anything with LAV filters, whats going on???

edit:

found this....

Microsoft Response
The Creators Update, and Windows Insider builds 14980 and later, broke "encoding Audio Processing Objects" that are used in third-party drivers to power things like Dolby Digital Live and DTS Connect, where the output of the Windows shared-mode audio engine is sent to an external decoder such as a S/PDIF audio receiver.
We have a fix in Insider builds 16183 and later. Depending on how well this works we will consider pushing out an update to the Creators Update. from Matthew v - Microsoft Engineer
i am on 15063.250 (1703) right now so hopefully we will get this sooner then the gap to 16183 fee

Last edited by mclingo; 6th May 2017 at 23:49.
mclingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2017, 22:46   #21803  |  Link
el Filou

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclingo View Post
Microsoft Response
The Creators Update, and Windows Insider builds 14980 and later, broke "encoding Audio Processing Objects" that are used in third-party drivers to power things like Dolby Digital Live and DTS Connect, where the output of the Windows shared-mode audio engine is sent to an external decoder such as a S/PDIF audio receiver.
We have a fix in Insider builds 16183 and later. Depending on how well this works we will consider pushing out an update to the Creators Update. from Matthew v - Microsoft Engineer
What that Microsoft engineer is describing is the re-encoding in real-time of what's coming from the Windows mixer to DTS/Dolby, not the passthrough of a source DTS/Dolby bitstream.
I'm not sure waiting for this fix from MS will fix your problem.
Or are you really decoding your DTS to LPCM in LAV, and then re-encoding it with DTS Connect?
Old 8th May 2017, 07:07   #21804  |  Link
mogli

Btw converting floats to 32bit integers can still cause clicks for loud sounds after all this years. Recommendation in the past was to use 24bit integers instead but for my setup this means the need to do another conversion to 32bit next.
mogli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2017, 09:25   #21805  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

If the audio exceeds 100%, then it can't be converted to integer without loss. Thats just how it is, and your audio file is likely bad for exceeding the valid range.
Old 8th May 2017, 10:46   #21806  |  Link
mclingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by el Filou View Post
What that Microsoft engineer is describing is the re-encoding in real-time of what's coming from the Windows mixer to DTS/Dolby, not the passthrough of a source DTS/Dolby bitstream.
I'm not sure waiting for this fix from MS will fix your problem.
Or are you really decoding your DTS to LPCM in LAV, and then re-encoding it with DTS Connect?

I thought that initially but if you read the thread it relates to just playback of DTS files.

DTS files play fine in the windows apps, just not in LAV filter and FFD filter apps.

If you're right than i'm not sure where to do, anyone else on creaters update have fulling working DTS-DTX - note, it might appear to be working ok but mine is summing chanels together that shouldnt be.
Old 8th May 2017, 14:18   #21807  |  Link
max79

Support request - #11

Problem with LAV Audio Decoder(v0.69.0-45_Nightly_32-bit) with MP3 format. I have audio distortion with this HLS-stream:
http://wse.planeta-online.tv:1935/li.../playlist.m3u8

p.s. If i use "Nero Audio Decoder 2" i didn't have such problem.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
Old 8th May 2017, 14:35   #21808  |  Link
mogli

What I don't get is why it only happens when converting to 32bit integers and not 16 or 24bit. It also happens when downmixing with limiting. I'm using LavFilters 32bit btw.
mogli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2017, 14:45   #21809  |  Link
max79

Support request - #12

Problem with LAV Audio Decoder(v0.69.0-45_Nightly_32-bit) with TrueHD+AC3 format. I have audio distortion with this file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8x1i95a15w...thd%2Bac3?dl=0

p.s. If i use "ffdshow Audio Decoder" i didn't have such problem.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
Old 8th May 2017, 15:30   #21810  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by max79 View Post
Problem with LAV Audio Decoder(v0.69.0-45_Nightly_32-bit) with TrueHD+AC3 format. I have audio distortion with this file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8x1i95a15w...thd%2Bac3?dl=0
Raw files with combined ac3+thd are not actually any valid file format. Don't create them. LAV does not support them and never will.
You can't just mix two audio codecs into one stream, and expect software to figure it out. We have containers with multiple-stream support for this.

Last edited by nevcairiel; 8th May 2017 at 15:34.
nevcairiel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2017, 00:12   #21811  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

LAV Video was already updated to the new SDK in the last couple hours to make use of the new functionality.
Old 9th May 2017, 00:45   #21812  |  Link
thrawnrulz68

Has anyone ever been able to get LAV Filters to play id software ROQ files or VivoActive VIVO files? They have never worked for me.

Any help would be appreciated!!!
thrawnrulz68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2017, 01:14   #21813  |  Link
mclingo

pretty sure the problems I am having with windows 10 creaters update and DTS are connected to LAV filters, if I add the FFDSHOW filters and knock off DTS from LAV formats I get full bitstreaming back in in MPC-BE and KODI.

its a ballache to have to add these filters but at least I have a workaroud now.

Recap: cant get DTS to bit stream using LAV filters and PCM is no longer outputting DTS-X height dignals.

I dont think this is purely LAV though as i went back to 68.1 and that didnt fix the problem, its a combination for LAV and creaters update I think.

Some people might not even know theres is broke, few people bit stream, fewer have DTS-X speakers setups with ceiling or heights.

Have all of you using creaters update tested your DTS setups?
Old 9th May 2017, 01:17   #21814  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Either you bitstream, or you don't. There is no way to half-bitstream and somehow lose your height channels.
Bitstreaming still works perfectly fine for me (receiver recognizes DTS-HD MA and everything), but I don't have any DTS:X hardware, and not going to buy any. If Creators Update broke it, I suggest you complain to Microsoft and/or your graphics drivers, which control HDMI bitstreaming.

Last edited by nevcairiel; 9th May 2017 at 01:28.
nevcairiel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2017, 07:43   #21815  |  Link
sneaker_ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrawnrulz68 View Post
Has anyone ever been able to get LAV Filters to play id software ROQ files or VivoActive VIVO files? They have never worked for me.
Do they work in ffplay/ffmpeg?
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2017, 11:07   #21816  |  Link
mclingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
Either you bitstream, or you don't. There is no way to half-bitstream and somehow lose your height channels.
Bitstreaming still works perfectly fine for me (receiver recognizes DTS-HD MA and everything), but I don't have any DTS:X hardware, and not going to buy any. If Creators Update broke it, I suggest you complain to Microsoft and/or your graphics drivers, which control HDMI bitstreaming.
i never suggested I was half bit streaming, I just cant bit stream with DTS for some reason using LAV filters. I can get audio back when I turn off bit stream but for some reason i'm not getting any DTS-X height information, its getting summed to front left and right.

I've no idea if creaters update has caused this or not, I think it has as I rolled back LAV, MADVR, reclock and graphics/HDMI drivers back a few months and it didn't fix it.
Old 9th May 2017, 12:42   #21817  |  Link
clsid

ROQ is supported by LAV Splitter. To make playback work the RoQV mediatype {56516F52-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71} needs to be added to the video decoder by nevcairiel.
VIVO is only partially supported by FFmpeg. Most samples don't play.

Last edited by clsid; 9th May 2017 at 12:59.
clsid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2017, 23:05   #21818  |  Link
thrawnrulz68

ROQ works with MPC-BE's internal splitter (ROQ Source) and decoder (ROQ Video Decoder) but it will not work with LAV Filters far as I can tell. Judging by the list of supported formats in the configuration for LAV, what clsid is saying makes sense... adding that would be great!

VIVO files are very hit or miss all around. VLC and LibreOffice claim to play them but both choke on most of them. SMPlayer fairs better but is also not quite perfect. I have not seen LAV Filters work with them at all... not sure if this is possible? Maybe a handful of files out there do work? As I understand it, most of the files are H263 and G723...
thrawnrulz68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2017, 00:34   #21819  |  Link
mclingo

think i've found the problem with windows 10 creaters update with DTS and LAV filters, its the AC3 filter, disable it and everything comes back to life, bitstreaming everything, boom.
Old 10th May 2017, 12:50   #21820  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrawnrulz68 View Post
ROQ works with MPC-BE's internal splitter (ROQ Source) and decoder (ROQ Video Decoder) but it will not work with LAV Filters far as I can tell. Judging by the list of supported formats in the configuration for LAV, what clsid is saying makes sense... adding that would be great!
I added the RoQ Video format to LAV Video

Tags
decoders, directshow, filters, splitter