Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 11th July 2009, 02:38   #3861  |  Link
Furiousflea

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Sorry about that. It is disabled in 0.25.01. I added the note to the posting in the forum -- but forgot to add it to the CHANGES.TXT file. I wanted to do some more testing before releasing it.
Cheers for the heads up
Furiousflea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2009, 02:55   #3862  |  Link
Chiamos

Quote:
Originally Posted by chudm View Post
or play it with totalmedia theater 3 (it can plays avchd and blurays from hard disc too!) all the bd-rs i had burned works perfect on my pc with that piece of software... but some of those bd-rs (like the foo fighters one, refused to play ok on my ps3)
Hi chudm.
I'm really with you there. as TMT 3 does all that and more, and especially a nice plugin to playback BD with VMC.

Long time use here with PowerDVD, and 7.3 is the version that still plays fine, but some of those Black screens and other issues just might not occur with TMT 3.
Chiamos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2009, 03:38   #3863  |  Link
Tongariro

Quote:
Did you try to do the movie from scratch with 0.25.1? I ask because I added some code that should reduce the likelihood of a stream that fails.

Setting the MIN size shouldn't have the affect you mentioned, because any smaller stream that is a component within a larger stream that is being encoded will not be excluded from encoding (no matter what MIN setting you choose).
I just finished and its still not working.
I do see the FBI warning and another Text but then every thing freezes.

BTW I did it in CRF mode and the size was 16.8G.

Just to remind you the Original movie works the extended version isn't.

Tongariro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2009, 05:09   #3864  |  Link
GaPony

Maybe you should give it a shot, using BDRB's default settings... that may help pinpoint where things went wrong.
GaPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2009, 08:25   #3865  |  Link
Sharc

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
@jdobbs

I must be doing something wrong, because this is really mystifying!

I just used v.25.01 to do a "movie-only" conversion of "Good Luck Chuck - Unrated" (U.S.). Instead of the target size of 4581228544 bytes, the final file size was 2289106944 - exactly one-half (to 4 decimal places) the target size!
Looks to me as if the crf (31.02) has been estimated for a full disk backup rather than movie only. At this high crf the quality has certainly suffered, however as you say it is amazing how much compression x264 can apply and still producing an acceptable result.
Maybe we should wait for jdobb's next release with improved crf estimation algorithm. The exactly one-half target size is an interesting observation though.

Last edited by Sharc; 11th July 2009 at 08:30.
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2009, 10:22   #3866  |  Link
scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
Looks to me as if the crf (31.02) has been estimated for a full disk backup rather than movie only. At this high crf the quality has certainly suffered, however as you say it is amazing how much compression x264 can apply and still producing an acceptable result.
Maybe we should wait for jdobb's next release with improved crf estimation algorithm. The exactly one-half target size is an interesting observation though.
I'm experiencing the same - Pearl Harbour. Set for dvd9 67% done. The mkv in the workfiles is 2gig
scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2009, 12:01   #3867  |  Link
isoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by chudm View Post
with what version was that? v25.01?
evrey version till v24.02 the latest version i dont have
isoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2009, 15:13   #3868  |  Link
Kakashi Sensei

Just did a 1 pass quick Encode for BD25 of a custom Empire Strikes back BD I found

came out to 21.6GB - Burning to BD-RE now to check quality.
Kakashi Sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2009, 15:55   #3869  |  Link
Sharc

BD-RB v0.25.01(beta), 2-pass: When the BD Rebulder window looses focus to another application and should receive focus later, the response is ..... (not responding). The extraction or encoding processes however continue in the background.
Old 11th July 2009, 17:00   #3870  |  Link
chudm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi Sensei View Post
Just did a 1 pass quick Encode for BD25 of a custom Empire Strikes back BD I found

came out to 21.6GB - Burning to BD-RE now to check quality.
for me 1 pass quick encode works great
chudm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2009, 17:01   #3871  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
BD-RB v0.25.01(beta), 2-pass: When the BD Rebulder window looses focus to another application and should receive focus later, the response is ..... (not responding). The extraction or encoding processes however continue in the background.
At what point? Encoding? Muxing? Copying files?
Old 11th July 2009, 17:20   #3872  |  Link
Sharc

During Encoding. (Not sure if I had the same during extracting as well). It regained focus once a phase (e.g. 1st pass) terminated.

Btw, the extraction of audio and sups with downsizing to 720 work in the current encode. Difference is that the the original audio tracks now are 1 x True_HD and 1 x ac3, while in the previous case which failed the original audio were 2 x DTS-HD (post#3782).

Added:
Finally, I am happy to inform that the encode terminated successfuly - despite of the hickup reported above. All ok.

Last edited by Sharc; 11th July 2009 at 19:41.
Old 11th July 2009, 17:24   #3873  |  Link
daberti

No way I can get to right results with latest beta if I resize to 720p from 1080p. Calculated bitrate is less than half of what it should be for a 8.5GB disc.
daberti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2009, 17:47   #3874  |  Link
DarknessUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmih View Post
If the original was under 30 Gb and you're perhaps dropping a language or re-encoding one, then it'll just about fit on a bd-r. Is there any reason why your resizing?
Am new to all this and the first few goes I have had, have worked fine. The only changes I made was to drop down to 720P video.

Am not sure how to drop a language - is that selected when I rip or when I use BD R?
DarknessUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2009, 17:48   #3875  |  Link
DarknessUK

Quote:
That means the combined size of all the audio and subtitle tracks you have decided to keep do not leave any room for the video. This is one of the dangers you face in attempting to keep too much HD audio, it can be huge. A good bet would be that the disc has LPCM tracks.
So when can I drop doundtracks?
Do I have to do it when I rip, or when I use BD R?
DarknessUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2009, 17:54   #3876  |  Link
Furiousflea

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessUK View Post
So when can I drop doundtracks?
Do I have to do it when I rip, or when I use BD R?
In the main window, it has a list of video\audio streams just double click the audio tracks to alternate between keeping\removing them.

Alternatively, in the options menu just select the languages you want to keep then each time you load a BD folder into BDRB it will automatically put a cross by the ones that aren't in your language and they won't be backed up.

So you rip your FULL disc, then load that into BDRB and the removal happens during the backup.

Then burn the resulting folder.
Furiousflea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2009, 19:56   #3877  |  Link
picman1

Hi,

I am a new user of this tool to see if I can create files that will stream to the PS3. I have blu-ray files that are AVC video and 2 tracks one is LPCM 5.1/7.1 and the other is a 5.1 AC3. If I have a Blu-ray structure that has an AVC video will that file get copied over as is? Also, I have a DTS-HD lossless audio track that I want to convert to LPCM for one audio track and also get the AC3 core as the other audio track. Can this tool create a .TS or . M2TS file with the copied AVC video and the LPCM and AC3 aufio tracks?

I tried another tool ripbot but it only does one audio track. Thanks for your help.
picman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2009, 19:58   #3878  |  Link
daberti

One stupid question: 0.25.1 is out yet here at 1st page is still mentioned an older version. Where could I find a link to the most updated version, please and thanks?
daberti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2009, 20:10   #3879  |  Link
tekmobile
Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by daberti View Post
One stupid question: 0.25.1 is out yet here at 1st page is still mentioned an older version. Where could I find a link to the most updated version, please and thanks?
Page 188
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...34#post1303634
tekmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2009, 20:13   #3880  |  Link
tekmobile
Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by picman1 View Post
Hi,

I am a new user of this tool to see if I can create files that will stream to the PS3. I have blu-ray files that are AVC video and 2 tracks one is LPCM 5.1/7.1 and the other is a 5.1 AC3. If I have a Blu-ray structure that has an AVC video will that file get copied over as is? Also, I have a DTS-HD lossless audio track that I want to convert to LPCM for one audio track and also get the AC3 core as the other audio track. Can this tool create a .TS or . M2TS file with the copied AVC video and the LPCM and AC3 aufio tracks?

I tried another tool ripbot but it only does one audio track. Thanks for your help.
It won't convert DTS-HD MA to LPCM
tekmobile is offline   Reply With Quote