Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation

Old 16th January 2002, 07:58   #1  |  Link
oberkfell

Final Nero 5.5 VCD burn not running on P.C.

I finally downloaded Nero 5.5 and successfully burned a VCD tonight. I was using ROXIO and it was difficult for me to get the hang of. My question is does the final burn, which dumped 5 folders on my disk, play on a computer (media player or dvd software) or does it just supposedly play on a standalone dvd player. See I am one of the 5 people in this country who doesn't have a stand alone dvd player to try out my first burn.

Of course the DIVX and MPEG cuts from the original DVD play on my computer, just not the final burn.

Any ideas.
oberkfell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2002, 08:43   #2  |  Link
itimpi

Quote:
My question is does the final burn, which dumped 5 folders on my disk, play on a computer (media player or dvd software) or does it just supposedly play on a standalone dvd player.
It plays fine as long as you have a player that understands the SVCD format. As an example PowerDVD 4.0 just plays it, where with the 3.0 release you had to select the MPEG file as it did not understand the SVD disk format.

I would recommend a tool such as Daemon Tools to test a CD image before burning it. It certainly works fine with PowerDVD and WinDVD. That way you can check if it functions OK before comitting it to CD. Also, if you find that it plays fine when run via Daemon Tools, and not when on a physical CDR it probably means that you burn speed is too high for the CDR disks you are using. As there is no error correction when you play VCD/SVCD it is important that you get a CDR brand that your player is happy with and do not try and burn them too fast.

Dave
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2002, 15:11   #3  |  Link
DDogg
Retired, but still around

If you are going to use Nero (sigh) then you should load the bin/cue into the Daemon tools phantom CR-Rom and then use Nero to do a disk copy from it to your actual burner. This also works well when using Clone CD as well as others. One should always use VCDimager to create the bin/cue files as it does a much more correct job of it.
DDogg is offline   Reply With Quote