Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10th April 2009, 20:41   #3221  |  Link
herrde

Hi everybody,

just did a search in this thread but wasn't able to find the answer...

I am using the latest build of mkvtoolnix, especially the new header editor and the chapter editor of mkvmerge. But whenever I change a MKV file by using the header editor or the chapter editor, tsmuxer is unable to load the changed MKV file. It always stops with a "Matroska Parse Error".

I have talked to the author of mkvtoolnix and he explained me the reason. Both the chapter and the header editor of mkvmerge are writing the header information at the END of the file and not at the beginning where tsmuxer is obviously expecting it. But this method is still compliant to the official Matroska specifications because the newly written header information is still indexed via the "meta seek" elements so they can be found easily.

But tsmuxer is obviously NOT able to find them if they are not at the beginning of the file!

This is obviously a huge problem because so many great applications use tsmuxer as their muxing tool (multiAVCHD etc.). And all these applications are unable to do their work if a MKV file has been edited with the chapter editor or the header editor of mkvmerge.

So is there a work-around to this problem? I hope the next version of tsmuxer will include the ability to scan the header information even if it's placed at the end of the MKV. If this is allowed by the MKV specifications, then tsmuxer should really be able to process these files...

All the best,

Gero
herrde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2009, 01:08   #3222  |  Link
roman76r

herrde
Can you send me example of such file?
roman76r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2009, 01:19   #3223  |  Link
roman76r

mrr19121970
jamos
I tried to make 5Gb wave64 (w64) file. Mux passed without errors, file playing from begin to the end. Possible you tested PCM files without headers instead w64 files?

Rodger
I am afraid to remove the empty folder becouse the problems may appear on the other players. I can add special option if it necessary

herrde
Also, please try version 1.9.x. Mkv chapters must recognized and imported in this versions. Possible it is solve your problem.

New version of tsMuxeR is available: www.smlabs.net/tsMuxer/tsMuxeR_1.9.5(b).zip

Change list:
- pic_order_cnt_type 2 now supported for H.264 streams. Previus versions shows error message: "SPS picture order 2 not supported". H.264 video stream with this option generate many HD camcorder.

Last edited by roman76r; 11th April 2009 at 01:43.
Old 11th April 2009, 02:27   #3224  |  Link
Rodger

Oh YES PLEASE

But as much as I can tell....all other players tested have no problem with "the missing" folders, but the BD-P2500 with the existance of the folders.

You may add that option somewhat hidden if you have worries.
Letīs say as an option in the general tab to activate if needed.
It would change the way the AVCHD-Choice in the input tab works.

This way no one interested would be confronted directly with that setting. That should be okay. What do you think roman?
Rodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2009, 07:44   #3225  |  Link
mrr19121970

I'd say it's easier for you to delete them just before you burn.
mrr19121970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2009, 11:18   #3226  |  Link
turbojet

rapscallion: If you are looking for a problem 1.8.35+ blu-ray output doesn't work on PS3's and potentially other players.

There are a few players that need AUXDATA, BDJO, JAR, META directories with older tsmuxer bluray output, unfortunately I can't remember which, I'm thinking panasonic or sony. But maybe the changed mpls/clpi files have fixed that with avchd output. Technically these folders don't exist in avchd.
turbojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2009, 12:58   #3227  |  Link
jamos
Hey Now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman76r View Post
jamos
I tried to make 5Gb wave64 (w64) file. Mux passed without errors, file playing from begin to the end. Possible you tested PCM files without headers instead w64 files?
Must be a bug with eac3to then as that is where the file was created from and I used w64 as the output. it is ok though for me as I am waiting on my popcorn hour a110 to arrive as it outputs bitstream through the hdmi so I will no longer need to convert audio for hd m2ts files..

could you test a 8 channel w64 file, roman and make sure its not that..

thanks!

Last edited by jamos; 11th April 2009 at 15:47.
jamos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2009, 13:17   #3228  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
There are a few players that need AUXDATA, BDJO, JAR, META directories with older tsmuxer bluray output, unfortunately I can't remember which, I'm thinking panasonic or sony. But maybe the changed mpls/clpi files have fixed that with avchd output. Technically these folders don't exist in avchd.
turbojet is right. Those folders are not available in AVCHD structure and therefore it should be removed.
http://www.elurauser.com/articles/avchd_to_bluray.jsp
Atak_Snajpera is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2009, 13:30   #3229  |  Link
turbojet

I think it should only be a savable option to delete those folders.

Then again I don't think 2 different outputs that vary little, one that breaks things (PS3 playback) should exist. As far as I know --blu-ray was changed and --avchd added only to solve the VC1 on panasonic issue and that could easily be done automatically with 'if VC-1 headers = 0200 and don't signal IDEX else headers = 0100'

So my opinion means little

Last edited by turbojet; 11th April 2009 at 13:44.
Old 11th April 2009, 13:41   #3230  |  Link
jj666

Wouldn't it be a good idea to create a proper thread list of players versus their requirements/compatibilities and the various workarounds that exist?

It must be very hard for Roman to judge what is correct at the moment, and asking him to fix something that breaks another device playback is hardly a way forward overall.

Cheers,

-jj-
jj666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2009, 13:51   #3231  |  Link
turbojet

This thread already exists.

This refers only to bluray output in tsmuxer versions prior to 1.8.35 though, newer versions are untested.

No one asked for bluray output (which 100's of guides and numerous software relies on) to change so it breaks playback but that's what we have now.
Old 11th April 2009, 14:14   #3232  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
turbojet is right. Those folders are not available in AVCHD structure and therefore it should be removed.
http://www.elurauser.com/articles/avchd_to_bluray.jsp
Agreed..... And as your link suggests, the file structure that TSmuxer generates for AVCHD cards will have to change too...

I have two Panasonic devices (a TV and Blu-ray player) that include AVCHD SD card slot/readers. And sadly neither device is able to play AVCHD muxes generated by TSmuxer

To confirm.... The image below shows the "minimum" file structure required for a "fully working" AVCHD file from a Panasonic camcorder: -

Cheers

Last edited by SeeMoreDigital; 11th April 2009 at 14:26.
SeeMoreDigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2009, 14:23   #3233  |  Link
turbojet

I agree that one of the outputs would make a lot more sense if it was output for a USB device but as we have it now if you own a PS3 avchd is the only output that works.
It would be nice if they fixed by reverting to old style bluray output before they break avchd output.
Old 11th April 2009, 14:40   #3234  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
I have two Panasonic devices (a TV and Blu-ray player) that include AVCHD SD card slot/readers. And sadly neither device is able to play AVCHD muxes generated by TSmuxer
Does it mean that correct AVCHD structure must start with PRIVATE folder???

Quote:
It would be nice if they fixed by reverting to old style bluray output before they break avchd output.
I don't mind if we have two structures (blu-ray and avchd) as long as it fully compatible with spec. AVCHD camcorders use PRIVATE -> AVCHD directory ...
Old 11th April 2009, 14:51   #3235  |  Link
turbojet

Quote:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...79#post1266479

Quote:
I don't mind if we have two structures (blu-ray and avchd) as long as it fully compatible with spec. AVCHD camcorders use PRIVATE -> AVCHD directory ...
I don't mind if there's two output formats either, but they should keep bluray as it's been over the past 2 years, except fix the clpi/mpls headers and avchd should be geared towards usb devices. I think playability on the most players should be the priority. If it was only about spec DTS, DTS-HD, TrueHD and VC1 wouldn't be allowed in AVCHD so PS3 users couldn't have these.

If people were starting to replace tsmuxer.exe in RipBot264 like they are in BD-Rebuilder you'd have a ton of reports saying it doesn't work on PS3 anymore because --bluray and PS3 = no work. Wouldn't that be fun?
These are only 2 of 100's of things that are affected by tsmuxer's change.

Last edited by turbojet; 11th April 2009 at 14:54.
Old 11th April 2009, 14:54   #3236  |  Link
fifteen

Quote:
At least seems so for solid state for Panasonic.

Read :http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AVCHD#Overview

and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AVCHD#C...y_Disc_players
fifteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2009, 16:02   #3237  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
If people were starting to replace tsmuxer.exe in RipBot264 like they are in BD-Rebuilder you'd have a ton of reports saying it doesn't work on PS3 anymore because --bluray and PS3 = no work. Wouldn't that be fun?
Therefore next version will use AVCHD structure (it works on DVD and BD. Blu-ray works only on BD). I will also remove empty folders which do not belong to AVCHD structure. Then We wait with fingers crossed

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 11th April 2009 at 16:21.
Old 11th April 2009, 16:23   #3238  |  Link
roman76r

I removed the useless folders in AVCHD mode:

BDMV/AUXDATA
BDMV/BDJO
BDMV/JAR
BDMV/META
CERTIFICATE
BDMV/BACKUP/BDJO

The new version is here:
www.smlabs.net/tsMuxer/tsMuxeR_1.9.6(b).zip
Old 11th April 2009, 16:25   #3239  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Just a note:

The output with --blu-ray option in tsmuxer versions prior to 1.9.x was NOT BLU-RAY, but AVCHD. Mixed versions in headers (0100 or 0200) does not change anything.

PS3 and many other players won't like the new --blu-ray on DVD because is really is blu-ray, but not AVCHD what they'd play from DVD.

IMO --blu-ray option now works 100% and does what it has to do if user burns the content on BD disc.

AVCHD option works too and is the same as --blu-ray in older versions.

About folders: bluray should output ALL folders, starting with BDMV and CERFITICATE. avchd should output AVCHD as root and BDMV inside it (+ CLIPINF/BACKUP/PLAYLIST) - period.

Then with avchd if user decides to copy the structure to SD he should use the PRIVATE, if to DVD - should use only the contents of AVCHD folder, and if going for USB/MS - leave it as it is.

I think the problem for all is the misguidance with --blu-ray in earlier versions. Since day one tsmuxer should've used --avchd and since 1.9.x --blu-ray.

@SeeMoreDigital:
Quote:

To confirm.... The image below shows the "minimum" file structure required for a "fully working" AVCHD file from a Panasonic camcorder: -
It is not the folder structure that makes it fully-working - it is the contents of index.bdmv + *.clpi *.mpls files.

In brief: people should think of what media they'll use with the output of the new tsmuxer. If using DVD/SD/MS/USB - always use --avchd mode. If using Blu-Ray Discs (BD-R/RE) - always use --blu-ray mode. It is simple as that.

It doesn't matter what player you will be using. Just follow this rule. (of course SD playback for Panasonic TV/BD players is different matter).

@turbojet:
Quote:
New versions of tsmuxer affect only tools which use tsmuxer's index.bdmv (unlike multiAVCHD).

And I think we're all starting repeating ourselves in other threads.

Last edited by deank; 11th April 2009 at 17:04.
deank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2009, 16:41   #3240  |  Link
rapscallion
NY Frame of Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojet View Post
rapscallion: If you are looking for a problem 1.8.35+ blu-ray output doesn't work on PS3's and potentially other players.

Well, at the moment, my Pioneer 51 plays both outputs.
With 1.9.6b, per Dean's post, I'll use avchd out, with dvd9 media. (but, maybe add the "Certficate" dir )

The SS 1200 isn't an issue, because it's our bedroom player, and I don't plan on using it at all, for avchd playback.
I only tested it out of curiousity.

Last edited by rapscallion; 11th April 2009 at 18:17.
rapscallion is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tsmuxer