Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 27th February 2007, 17:40   #1441  |  Link
Dashiell

Hello, all!

I just wanted to run the situation by everyone in this thread. I don't think I have a "problem" per se, but I think I'd like someone to confirm some points for me...

If I have regular, 4:3 720x480 29.97 content I want to encode with DivX in statxrip, I've noticed a few things happen... these are episodic television shows from the US.

1) If I want to keep the frame size at 720x480 I shut off all cropping/resizing. I know that the crop takes away the black borders and such, but just bear with me for a second. Since cropping and resizing are disabled, the resize window shows 720x480, but with an aspect ratio that says "1.5 (anamorphic)." (I am aware that 4:3 tv generally means an aspect from 1.33:1 to 1.34:1.) Can I assume that this means it is converting the ".9" pixels to square and that if the content is played back on a standalone player attached to a 4:3 tv, It will appear properly?

2) The reason this concerns me is that I seem to notice a quality difference with content like this... not cropping/resizing the frame seems to yield better results than, say, letting statx crop and resize to something like 704x480, 640x480, etc. I also remember some point that 640x480 is the "sqare pixel" equivalent to 720x480, if I'm not mistaken. I also use 2-pass, 75% quality encoding.

I have done a search in this thread for a similar discussion, but did not find one... any help greatly appreciated!
Old 28th February 2007, 20:15   #1442  |  Link
Kool3ds

How should i use external avisynth plugins with Staxrip? Help much appreciated. Thanks.
Old 28th February 2007, 21:26   #1443  |  Link
Deinorius
Najarenthur

Filters within your default Avisynth plugin folder will be loaded automatically.

Filters outside your folder you have to load with LoadPlugin. Scripts have to be load with Import as normal.
Old 1st March 2007, 18:32   #1444  |  Link
jdlk

command line problems

Two little problems I'm having with the command line options:

1. When I'm doing a simple command line encode, e.g.: StaxRip -t:<template name> <filename> -encode, it all seems to work okay but at the end of the encode I get the error message: "error parsing argument: -encode". But my encode appears to be complete. It's only a problem because StaxRip then locks up and the error dialog interrupts the process if I'm doing a batch.

2. If I try to automate the process using Stax's vbs script from earlier in the thread:
Code:
Set s = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

For Each i In WScript.Arguments
cmdl = """F:\Program Files\StaxRip_0.9.9.6\StaxRip.exe"" """ & i & """ -Project/SavePath:%source_dir%%source_name%.rip -exit"
s.Run cmdl, 1, true
Next
The project files are created okay, but then as they are opened I get the following error:
"Parameter mismatch: please recreate the menu item or reset the entire menu". Which doesn't make any sense to me, and I can't find these errors elsewhere in this thread.
Old 4th March 2007, 22:30   #1445  |  Link
juhu

Is there a way Staxrip could accept .avs files as INPUT video files (not just as script loaded afterwards) so we could process hd-dvds with it ?

edit : Nevermind. We can open any vob/d2v ... and just bypass it by using import("yourfile.avs") instead of mpeg2source.

there are a few things to solve to process hd-dvds correctly with it :
-autocrop doesn't seem to work
-the zoom slider needs to be more lenient. If we process 1920x sources before resizing, it shouldn't block us for "incorrect" values (zoom estimated > 150% when we want to make 720p rips, which is erroneous considering original resolution)

any chances of a full hd-dvd support for version 1.0 ??

Last edited by juhu; 5th March 2007 at 14:39.
Old 7th March 2007, 19:24   #1446  |  Link
audioman

Hi STaxrip

Is there a way to integrate " MP4GUY " matrices in staxrip

the link is here

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...125#post887125

Thanks for your answer
Old 8th March 2007, 12:44   #1447  |  Link
juhu

ok, as some have already mentioned, there's obviously something wrong with ntsc processing since staxrip 0.9.9.5 :
It goes quasi(or always ?) systematically for a 23.976 automatic choice whatever the source.
I tried with different dvds that should have been left @ 29.97 fps
-video productions
-french ntsc dvds transcoded from pal sources.

I wish I could process them correctly (deinterlacing in 1st case, repal filtering in 2nd, etc.) but I just can't now they are seen as IVTCed...
The strange thing is the exact same dvds processed with staxrip 0.9.9.2 gives me a 29.97 fps source so I can work on them...

edit : as you can see in this thread : http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=121754
there's probably something staxrip needs to do to read correctly d2v files with recent dgindex versions...

Last edited by juhu; 8th March 2007 at 16:28.
Old 15th March 2007, 09:41   #1448  |  Link
Kool3ds

In staxrip For deinterlacing i use Ivtc. For resizing Lanczos or Lanczos4. For Noise i use da extreme setting. But after i finish da movie. The Frame Rate of da movie comes to 17, 18, or 19 and da video is flickering in da whole movie. Previously It use to come only around 23 or 25 or 29 fps and no flickering at all. Some help seriously appreciated regarding this. Thanks in advance.
Old 24th March 2007, 14:05   #1449  |  Link
salman1

is latest version of staxrip crashed? if yes can someone give me fixed version
Old 24th March 2007, 14:18   #1450  |  Link
Gehenna
Network XXIII

What version are you actually using?

Later Versions of StaxRip have a built in Auto Updater.

Get Latest Version of StaxRip Here

Regards
Old 28th March 2007, 20:35   #1451  |  Link
dvd_maniac

I have a bunch of old Xvid and Divx encodes from a while ago and want to batch encode them but they contain VBR mp3.
When I input them into Staxrip the audio ends abruptly or is out of sync on all of them.
When I manually open the video in VirtualDub I see a dialog box stating that the avi file contains a VBR audio stream and asks to rewrite the header with CBR.
If I answer "NO" and then demux the audio, then run it through Nero File Encoder to HE-AAC audio then use that in Staxrip, then the encoded video works perfectly.

My question is how to get VirtualDub to use the VBR audio by default so I can simply use Staxrip without manually opening the file in Vdub and the demux'ed mp3 in Nero to encode to AAC audio and then finally tell Staxrip to use the resulting mp4 audio file.....
Old 29th March 2007, 06:56   #1452  |  Link
Gawwad

StaxRip Website

Changelog:

Quote:
0.9.9.8 (2007-03-28)
  • Some fixes to make StaxRip working with a restricted user account
  • Some fixes to make StaxRip work loading all AviSynth plugins manually
  • Added support for custom macros, the value of custom macros may contain default macros
  • Added a eval macro that evaluates a VBScript expression
  • Added context menu to tray icon to enable/disable jobs that follow the running job
  • mkvtoolnix updated to 2.0.2-1
  • MediaInfo 0.7.4.5 added
  • Fixed Vista crash due to wrong use of MediaInfo (thx to paulotwo for providing the patch)
  • New command 'Perform/Delete Files', new event 'Application Exit', new macros %install_dir% and %download_dir%. With all that a event command could be created to delete all zip files from the download directory on application exit as keeping them is usually pointless. The command can also be used to delete temp files after encoding
  • Updated to another silent DivX update
  • Fixed bug with the pause feature which pauses external processes
  • Fixed bug causing non film material to be detected as film
  • Fixed bug audio encoding with multiline command line didn't work
  • As usual many more minor changing not mention otherwhile
Old 1st April 2007, 04:35   #1453  |  Link
Gawwad

StaxRip Website

Changelog:

Quote:
0.9.9.9 (2007-03-31)
  • Command Line was broke due to a command handling bug
  • Another command handling bug causing StaxRip to crash if a menu was reused instead of reseted while updated from an old StaxRip version
  • The homepage was updated from Drupal 4.7.2 to Drupal 5.1, it uses the garland theme now
Old 1st April 2007, 18:54   #1454  |  Link
salman1

hi
i want to add LimitedSharpen.avsi in filter how do i add and where do i put LimitedSharpen.avsi in my computer
Old 3rd April 2007, 03:32   #1455  |  Link
funkydoobie

Automate Adding Subtitles to Container Configuration

I created a project template using the latest version of StaxRip that allows me to convert DV video to MP4 (H.264/AAC). Awesome!

I have also used DVDate to create SRT subtitles, which I can later add to a particular StaxRip job using the "Container Configuration" option. Except for the file type suffix, the subtitle files have the exact same names as the DV video clips (e.g., the subtitle file for "Video001.avi" would be "Video001.srt").

My question is: given the file name similarity, is there any way to automate the process of adding the subtitle file to the container? I.e., can I somehow add this capability to the project template file?

If it can't be done natively with StaxRip, can it be done with the TextSub filter for AviSynth?

Thank you!
Old 6th April 2007, 02:03   #1456  |  Link
Bigmango

Original AC3/DTS audio

Hi,

Could you please add an option to keep the original AC3/DTS sound tracks ?

It seems staxrip only allows to import external AC3/DTS files. I.ex: other guis like automkv/autogk make this process easy with a "Copy original" audio track option.

This is the only thing that keeps me from using staxrip (I make x264 with AC3/DTS mkvs).

Thanks for considering this.
Old 12th April 2007, 10:09   #1457  |  Link
LRN
TeMa=) team member

Location: Universe, Galaxy, Solar System, Earth, Russia, Moscow
Feature requests

1) Do not overwrite cutting audio files. When you rip a few jobs (with cutting) from one DVD, each time autio is being cut, it is written in "Temporary Files/*_cutting*" and encoded into "Temporary Files/*_cutting_audiooutput*". Thus only audio for last job is left after all jobs is complete. Because of this one can't just remux encoded files for any job except last. It is also impossible (or i did not find a way to do it) to start audio cutting from StaxRip without starting a whole job.

2) Extended logging. Some external applications (such as BeSweet and x264) outputs their own statistic to their commandline window. This data may be valuable for informative purposes (ex. x264 outputs SSIM metric value for whole job) or debugging (looking at BeSweet errors my give you a clue why it aborts). StaxRip should save console output of any of his child processes in a logfile (maybe separate logfile to not confuse with StaxRip's own statistic and output).

3) Multiple audiotracks. I know that it is not the most widely used feature, but it would be good to being able to add more than just two audio tracks. Three at least. But, for better flexibility i suggest variable number of audio tracks (i.e. extending list just like with subtitles, or dynamically appearing controls for new audio track when you fill the details for previous one).

4) Count subtitles when calculating video bitrate. StaxRip must subtract subtitle files size from the video size as it does with audio files. Ex. 5 subtitle tracks could simultaneously weight up to 1 Mb, making resulting file 1 Mb larger than it should be. Thus it won't fit into media where it should fit. This is getting worse with non-standard (yet widespread) SUB-subtitles embedded in mp4 container (Nero subtitles), as they could weight several Mb or even more.

5) StaxRip should allow .sub extensions for subtitles in mp4, because mp4box does supports .sub:
Quote:
Supported text formats:
SRT Subtitles .srt
SUB Subtitles .sub
GPAC Timed Text .ttxt
QuickTime TeXML Text .xml (cf QT documentation)
Personally, i don't care about QT TXML, ignore it

Bigmango, AFAIK when you open DVD with DGIndex (wich StaxRip does automatically), all DVD tracks is being extracted and saved in DVD directory. Then you can "import them as external AC3/DTS files" because they ARE external AC3/DTS files now. Of course, you have to choose with one should be first and with should be second, but i am sure this is okay.

Last edited by LRN; 12th April 2007 at 12:09. Reason: two more requests
Old 13th April 2007, 22:04   #1458  |  Link
gkverne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmango View Post
Hi,

Could you please add an option to keep the original AC3/DTS sound tracks ?

It seems staxrip only allows to import external AC3/DTS files. I.ex: other guis like automkv/autogk make this process easy with a "Copy original" audio track option.

This is the only thing that keeps me from using staxrip (I make x264 with AC3/DTS mkvs).

Thanks for considering this.
It's extra-easy to keep the original audio using StaxRip...

LRN already answered, but I thought I'd include a quick guide for you just in case you're still confused...

1. Open the source VOB, StaxRip will use DGIndex to split and index the VOB.

2. You can now select crop and filter settings.

3. For the first audio track, select "Source File" and find your preferred AC3 audio track in the source folder (should be named something like "VTS_01_PGC_01_1 T01 2_0ch 192Kbps DELAY -16ms"), if it's not already the selected source file.

4. Select "AC3 - Add Existing File" as the audio type in the pull down next to your audio track. This will mux the original AC3 with your output video, without touching the audio.

5. Done, your output file will include the original audio track. You can also modify the process if you've got DTS audio (if you really want to).
Old 14th April 2007, 01:13   #1459  |  Link
Bigmango

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkverne View Post
It's extra-easy to keep the original audio using StaxRip...

LRN already answered, but I thought I'd include a quick guide for you just in case you're still confused...

1. Open the source VOB, StaxRip will use DGIndex to split and index the VOB.

2. You can now select crop and filter settings.

3. For the first audio track, select "Source File" and find your preferred AC3 audio track in the source folder (should be named something like "VTS_01_PGC_01_1 T01 2_0ch 192Kbps DELAY -16ms"), if it's not already the selected source file.

4. Select "AC3 - Add Existing File" as the audio type in the pull down next to your audio track. This will mux the original AC3 with your output video, without touching the audio.

5. Done, your output file will include the original audio track. You can also modify the process if you've got DTS audio (if you really want to).
Oh my bad

I guess I was used to "copy original" and got confused with the "add existing file" setting.

Old 14th April 2007, 01:19   #1460  |  Link
Bigmango

How can I change the frame rate ?

I.ex: if I want to shrink a movie for a mobile phone and change the frame rate to 10 or 12.5 ?

I have looked at the filters list but couldn't find anything that could do this.
Closed Thread

Tags
gui, h.264, h.265, hevc, mkv, x264, x265