Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > IFO/VOB Editors

Old 9th October 2005, 11:51   #41  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by voo_doo99
In my DVD backup directory, I usually have sub-directories like BAKUP, STRIPPED, ... besides VIDEO_TS and of course PgcEditBackup. When creating ISO image, PgcEdit knew to ask if I wanted to include the other sub-dirs but would not go forward if I clicked No i.e did not allow me to create ISO image with just the VIDEO_TS, excluding the others sub-dirs though it knew not to ask about the PgcEditBackup sub-dir.

Can you add this exclude option for creating ISO image, save me from having to move other stuffs out each time. Thanks.
I have already tried to do that, without success. The problem is that I cannot add as many arguments to the MKISOFS command line as I wish.
However, you can use a trick. PgcEdit automatically excludes some files (including the backups of PgcEdit, VobBlanker, MenuShrink...) It excludes also all files and folders beginning with "~" (because this tilde character was used by TitrleSetBlanker for his backup.)
So, if you name your folders with a leading ~ (for example ~STRIPPED), they will be automatically removed from the compilation.
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2005, 15:44   #42  |  Link
voo_doo99

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ
I have already tried to do that, without success. The problem is that I cannot add as many arguments to the MKISOFS command line as I wish.
However, you can use a trick. PgcEdit automatically excludes some files (including the backups of PgcEdit, VobBlanker, MenuShrink...) It excludes also all files and folders beginning with "~" (because this tilde character was used by TitrleSetBlanker for his backup.)
So, if you name your folders with a leading ~ (for example ~STRIPPED), they will be automatically removed from the compilation.
r0lZ, thanks for the tip I can work with that. I have another question. When I created the ISO image for dual-layer DVD-9, PgcEdit issued a layer-break sector # to be used with ImageBurn. If I dont burn immediately can I find that sector # again by opening the ISO image with PgcEdit later?
voo_doo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2005, 18:27   #43  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

No, the LB sector number is not in the ISO.
But you should be able to mount the image, load the DVD in PgcEdit, restart the burn process, and select the same cell. (That cell should be selected by default). At this point, you can read the LB number in the GUI.
Old 10th October 2005, 17:56   #44  |  Link
voo_doo99

Quote:
Just to follow up, renaming the extra folders with a leading ~ still caused the message box to appear, I dont know if I clicked Yes the ~folders would get excluded in the Create ISO process?. But I found the easy workaround by just dragging the extra folders inside the PgcEdit_backup folder to hide them.
Old 10th October 2005, 18:10   #45  |  Link
voo_doo99

Quote:
No, the LB sector number is not in the ISO.
But you should be able to mount the image, load the DVD in PgcEdit, restart the burn process, and select the same cell. (That cell should be selected by default). At this point, you can read the LB number in the GUI.
I noted that a log was displayed after the Create ISO process which also had the LB sector number included and seemed to use the same place as the create ISO when saved. Could you have the default log name set to be same as the ISO name with a suffix _log.txt to link them together for later burning reference?.

Also, is it true that if I use ImgBurn for the created ISO, the chosen LB would be detected automatically without referencing the saved LB sector number?

Old 10th October 2005, 19:05   #46  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

I will check the ~folder problem. Maybe it works only for files.

I don't know if it is possible to define the filename to be used by default by the text viewer easily. Will see...

Yes, as far as I know, ImgBurn should pick the right cell for you, since that cell has the seamless playback flag off, and is aligned with an ECC block (which are the main conditions checked by ImgBurn.)
But I am not sure ImgBurl will always pick the right cell. For example, if there are several cells suitables for the layer break, it may pick another one, or open his GUI to let you choose the cell to use. Honestly, I haven't checked this situation yet.
Old 10th October 2005, 20:05   #47  |  Link
FilipeAmadeuO

Thatīs why i asked to Lightnink UK to explain how the mds file works.
FilipeAmadeuO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2005, 22:23   #48  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

Problem with removing cells

I have an ARccOS disk and tried to remove the blank cells at the start of the flick.

However, this seems inhibited in 0.6.1 (after pressing OK in the remove dialogue, the box closes but the cell table is not updated).

Anybody else having problems with removing cells, either on a single or range basis?

Regards

Only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media.
blutach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2005, 22:36   #49  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

I have had this problem several times. I don't understand why. But if you save the DVD and quit PgcEdit, then open it again, it will probably work.
Old 11th October 2005, 13:23   #50  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

Similar problem adding cells if you say no to updating the VOB in the backup folder. It appends 10k to the VOB but does not update the cell table. Next time you do it, you get an error of course, since the VTS is too big

Might these be related problems?

Regards

Old 11th October 2005, 23:05   #51  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

No, I don't think so. Seems this one is a bug in my code. Will verify.
Thanks
Old 12th October 2005, 07:53   #52  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

No, thank you for being so diligent in answering all our bug reports while still attending to feature requests

Regards

Old 14th October 2005, 12:55   #53  |  Link
CoNS
reMember

r0lZ, in the new version, the warning about ImgBurn at startup is a bit annoying.

It's ok that it pops up the very first time, or every time you'd enter the ISO creation part of PgcEdit without having specified the path for ImgBurn, but for users like me who doesn't use PgcEdit for the ISO part at all, and thus naturally does not use either DVDDecrypter or ImgBurn in connection with PgcEdit, it's annoying that it pops up every time.

Also, I've edited two DVDs with the new version, ripped straight off the original disc, and with both of them PgcEdit has given me the warning upon load that the number of subpics streams in 20 of the menu domains didn't match the number of streams actually used. Weird, that I'd get that warning on two discs in a row, whereas I've never seen that warning before? In both cases I clicked "Fix", and then confirmed 20 times that PgcEdit could fix it in each VTSM domain. Could you add a "Fix All" button to that dialog, and do I need to worry about getting the warning?
CoNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2005, 13:15   #54  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

You can stop the warning about ImgBurn simply by saving the burn preferences. Just go to "Options -> Input/Output -> Burn/Create ISO Setup" and click the Save button.

No, I can't add a Yes to All button in the Fix Streams dialog, because it's a standard Yes/No/Cancel button that cannot be modified, at least with Tcl/Tk.
If you are annoyed by these requests each time you load a DVD, you may turn this feature OFF in "Options -> Input/Output".
Tech note: in some DVDs, there is a subpic stream defined in the table for each menu, even if the menu is made of dummies only. It doesn't hurt, but it's cleaner to remove these unnecessary definitions. I have added the option to launch automatically this check when a new DVD is loaded at the request of several users. As I said, you can turn it off.
Old 14th October 2005, 15:08   #55  |  Link
CoNS
reMember

Thanks for your help! I got rid of the ImgBurn warning, but I kept the automatic launch of the "fix number of streams" macro for now. Is it a new thing that it automatically launches by default at startup? That could explain why I haven't noticed that warning until now.
CoNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2005, 15:14   #56  |  Link
zacoz

Added to the betas for 0.6.1 (not sure which one it initally appeared in however)

From the 0.6.1 final change history

Quote:
The "Fix number of streams" macro is now launched automatically when a DVD is opened (but not when the DVD is reopened). If some discrepancies are found, the user is prompted to fix them. An option to disable this feature has been added in the Options menu.
Old 14th October 2005, 15:16   #57  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

Options - Input/Output in fact (naming is a bit strange for this set of Options, IMHO).

Regards

Old 20th October 2005, 04:15   #58  |  Link
Z-95
Lurker

Hey, wanted to say what an excellent program you have here; it is extremely powerful and simple to use IMO. I do have one feature request: is it possible to have a way to blank multiple cells at once? It can get tiring to have around 10 cells that need blanking that require you to open, click, blank, click ok 4 times, repeat. Or maybe I'm just missing the simple way to do it. If you could that would be great!
Z-95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2005, 05:39   #59  |  Link
Video Dude

Quote:
I have had this problem several times. I don't understand why. But if you save the DVD and quit PgcEdit, then open it again, it will probably work.
I have also experienced this many times.

There are some instances where PGCEdit will remove the cell, but not reflect the changes in the GUI. For example, on a DVD project I wanted to remove 1 cell out of 10. It did not work, so I clicked the button 4 more times, still nothing. I closed (and saved) and when I reopened I found that five cells had been removed. So it did work, but did not show the changes in the GUI. (Thanks for automatically creating a backup. )

I've noticed a pattern for when it occurs for me. It seems only to happen (but not every time) after I cut and paste commands and also edit the "current domain streams attributes". Everything is fine if I remove the cells first.
Video Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2005, 09:27   #60  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-95
Hey, wanted to say what an excellent program you have here; it is extremely powerful and simple to use IMO. I do have one feature request: is it possible to have a way to blank multiple cells at once? It can get tiring to have around 10 cells that need blanking that require you to open, click, blank, click ok 4 times, repeat. Or maybe I'm just missing the simple way to do it. If you could that would be great!
Thanks, and welcome to the forum, Z-95.

You can delete several cells at once if they are contiguous. Just open the PGC Editor -> Remove Cells, and select Remove Cell Range. This option is relatively new, so be sure to use the latest v0.6.1.
I have also the intention to revamp completely the PGC Editor, to allow moltiple selection of cells. But it's a big work, and I have also many other things to do. Maybe this winter...