Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 15th March 2012, 17:56   #9901  |  Link
CruNcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotik View Post
WOW

Thanks that did the trick

Currently LAV Video reports that QuickSync is "Available" and "Active" during a video playback and EVR reports that Render Device is ATI Radeon 6450!!!

Am i right when i assume that Deinterlacing is done by ATI atm?

Now that i got this working, may i ask if this is generaly a suggested way of watching 1080p or at least is it any better than DXVA CB? I need DXVA CB cause i am gonna apply postprocessing.
Nobody benched the difference between Virtu and this way yet also how different things will work and how they will work together is mostly uknown i would say when doing such things for most also taking things like Aero into account and different stuff running @ different times on the surfaces and what that causes in terms of Performance also how for example is specific software reacting to this like capture things
In the playback case you have the Asic which sends the data to the CPU/GPU which sends it to the discreet GPU and back to the renderer of course that is implying overhead then compared when you do it in 1 straight way but the Asic is so fast that it might be usefull @ all, especialy if you start to mix different things together on both sides in a efficient way (managing different tasks)

It is about Time

Join the Revolution NOW before it is to Late !

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=168004

Last edited by CruNcher; 15th March 2012 at 18:03.
CruNcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2012, 18:04   #9902  |  Link
Kotik

Well the main reason behind that is the fact that DXVA CB with an ATI vga is not something generaly suggested. So i thought QuickSync is then the next best thing considering that i want to apply postprocessing.
Kotik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2012, 18:05   #9903  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Using QuickSync for decoding and then your dedicated card for display is certainly fine. I would probably also consider software decoding if you have a beefy CPU.

Note that post-processing on interlaced material is not a good idea (unless the first step of that post-processing is deinterlacing)
Old 15th March 2012, 18:32   #9904  |  Link
Kotik

Well my cpu (i3 2105) meter sits @ 7% with DXVA Native and @ 10% with QuickSync on a 1080p H264 video. So thats not a huge diference if u ask me

What is funny though is that now i have to keep an eye for shitty drivers by both ATI and Intel That sounds interesting, hehe
Kotik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2012, 18:58   #9905  |  Link
mindbomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
From what i've seen and heard so far, it seems fine for 24p/25p/50i/60i material on 4000 series and above cards. Some cards seem to also be able to handle 50p and 60p.
Starting with the 7000 series, the speed has increased again and 50p and 60p are fine across the board.
This was 1080p24. Latest official catalyst drivers.
I'm thinking that dxva copyback requires at least uvd 2.2.
"The UVD 2.2 features a re-designed local memory interface" - wikipedia

so that would explain poor performance on the 4850 and 4870, which have uvd 2.0.
mindbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2012, 19:13   #9906  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

If it doesn't work for you, don't use it.
Nothing i can do.

I still stick by my opinion that the renderer queue doesn't indicate a too slow decoder directly.
Check the decoder queue, if thats empty its obvious.
Old 15th March 2012, 22:53   #9907  |  Link
mindbomb

Yea, it's not a big deal, I can manage without hardware acceleration on that computer anyway. It's just that I have been recommending people with amd graphics cards to try out dxva copyback with madvr, but perhaps I should add a warning for people with older cards.

Another thing, with the latest stable nvidia drivers, there is occassional artifacts with vc-1 for vp2 hardware in cuvid.
I assume it is all driver related, so is there one that anyone can recommend?

edit: i found that I had to go back all the way to forceware 275. Someone tell nvidia to fix it in their newer drivers!

Last edited by mindbomb; 15th March 2012 at 23:56.
mindbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2012, 00:59   #9908  |  Link
FlashGordon

Nev, I have an anamorphic PAL DVD that isn't displayed with the correct AR when LAV splitter and LAV video are used. If I open the full DVD (MS DVD navigator is used) and use libmpeg2 as decoder the AR is correct. If I open either a VOB or the corresponding .IFO, I get the wrong AR with LAV. "Use Stream AR" is checked in LAV Video. Is this expected behavior considering LAV can't access the VIDEO_TS.IFO at the moment?
FlashGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2012, 02:58   #9909  |  Link
Pat357

Quote:
Originally Posted by aufkrawall View Post
I have a problem with a DVD remux: DXVA doesn't work with that MPEG2 interlaced, neither copy back nor native. CUVID works.
A sample would probably help, I guess.

Edit : what renderer are you using ? (EVR, EVR-CP, MadVR, VMR9, ...)

Last edited by Pat357; 16th March 2012 at 03:01. Reason: Renderer ?
Pat357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2012, 03:31   #9910  |  Link
magic144

@Flash, it's possible that the VIDEO_TS.ifo contains some info that is needed to correctly render the AR of the feature.

also, I was under the impression that LAV wasn't (yet) supposed to work with DVD Video...?
magic144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2012, 03:39   #9911  |  Link
oddball

Any chance of adding RIFF WAVE DTS audio support? Let me clarify that by adding that it is RIFF WAVEfmt in the header. Same goes for some AC3 files I have.

EDIT: Nevermind. I've decided to use bsconvert on them all. BTW that speedup on one particular DTS file still exists. If I bitstream with ffdshow it plays at the correct speed so something in the path of LAV Audio filter does something weird to the stream inccorectly flagging it as 48Khz methinks so the receiever tries to decode it as such.

All very odd. If I can find a way to split the file I will send you a chunk to playback for yourself.

Last edited by oddball; 16th March 2012 at 05:54.
oddball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2012, 07:27   #9912  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Like i explained before, when bitstreaming the decoder does not flag a file as anything. Its all in the DTS headers themself. I also explained that when i used ffdshow on that file, i got no playback, but with LAV it was fine. So something is odd in your receiver that somehow combined with ffdshows oddnes makes for working audio again. :d
Old 16th March 2012, 11:37   #9913  |  Link
zmaster
nvidia user

Hello!
Sorry, if has already been reported about it.

When I use the path Programs - LAV Filters - LAV audio Configuration, the window looks like this - http://firepic.org/images/2012-03/16/az9v6wde1s34.png Settings are not available.
When I use the filters manager in the player (to open LAV Audio Decoder settings) - have no problem's - http://firepic.org/images/2012-03/16/gpvm92s293bp.png

WinXP SP3 x86, LAV Filters v0.49, WinXP default theme.
zmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2012, 11:38   #9914  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

I tried to reproduce this problem on Windows XP, and everything is fine for me. Cannot reproduce, cannot fix.
Old 16th March 2012, 12:17   #9915  |  Link
roytam1
Firefox User

Quote:
I tried to reproduce this problem on Windows XP, and everything is fine for me. Cannot reproduce, cannot fix.
rundll32 in localized version of Windows XP will use localized font height, which leads to incomplete showing the property page.
roytam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2012, 12:28   #9916  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roytam1 View Post
rundll32 in localized version of Windows XP will use localized font height, which leads to incomplete showing the property page.
If you looked at the screenshot, you would know that this is not the problem. The screen is generally way too small and not just a little bit smaller.
Also, last report i got about this claimed that LAV Video didn't have this problem.
Old 16th March 2012, 13:15   #9917  |  Link
aufkrawall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat357 View Post
A sample would probably help, I guess.

Edit : what renderer are you using ? (EVR, EVR-CP, MadVR, VMR9, ...)
Since I tried also DXVA native, I also tried EVR-CP.
The renderer doesn't matter, it's just a decoder issue.

How to provide a sample?
It's a DVD remux, a bit too big to upload.
aufkrawall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2012, 13:35   #9918  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Cut a small sample using some tool like DGSplit, check if the problem persists. Should preferably be at least 10 seconds of playback, maybe 20-30MB in size.
Old 16th March 2012, 14:03   #9919  |  Link
zmaster
nvidia user

Quote:
...last report i got about this claimed that LAV Video didn't have this problem.
Yes, the LAV Video Configuration (Programs - LAV Filters - LAV Video Configuration) is displayed correctly.
zmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2012, 15:46   #9920  |  Link
DragonQ

What he means is that the last person to have a similar problem was having it with the LAV Audio Configuration window (I think) but the LAV Video Configuration window was fine. For you, it's the other way around.

Tags
decoders, directshow, filters, splitter