Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 14th March 2007, 16:41   #1301  |  Link
delacroixp
Emperor building empire

Does MP4 support single-channel Mono ?

In the near-past... any mono encode still used 2 channel audio to encode. Any filesize benefit from Mono was thus lost.

Single channel mono should easily be played on stereo and even 5.1 surround systems.

Pascal

Last edited by delacroixp; 14th March 2007 at 16:50. Reason: Grammer
Old 14th March 2007, 17:00   #1302  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

on mono source i to select MONO as downmix...

till i don't introduce some routines to pre-analyze audio , is given to user the due of selectiong right downmixing

BHH
AutoWebM: supporting WebM/VP8
Old 14th March 2007, 17:24   #1303  |  Link
delacroixp
Emperor building empire

@buzzqw

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzqw View Post
on mono source i to select MONO as downmix...

still i don't introduce some routines to pre-analyze audio , it's given to user the duty of selecting the right downmixing
Beautifull

Pascal
Old 14th March 2007, 17:59   #1304  |  Link
whiskey
Drunken munky

I've encoded dvd concert to x264 just for testing purposes but even with deinterlace method seto to AUTO finish result is a video with slightly lines visible in fast motions.What should i do ? I think video is some kinda hybrid there are couple of more options in advance settings but I'm not sure which deinterlacer to choose ?
Old 14th March 2007, 18:16   #1305  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

even if slow as hell try apply HQ Deint, should bring to better deinterlace

also you could post a sample of vob (to analyze)

BHH
Old 14th March 2007, 18:26   #1306  |  Link
weaver4

I am using 0.76 but I was not using batch encoding.
Old 14th March 2007, 19:38   #1307  |  Link
delacroixp
Emperor building empire

@weaver4

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaver4 View Post
I am using 0.76 but I was not using batch encoding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delacroixp View Post
http://forums.divx.com/forum/viewTopic.php?id=2760
Kamiwa (above link) suggested that a
Dr DivX quantizer of 2 = Q18 (H264) and a
Dr DivX quantizer of 3 = Q22 . "
Dr DivX quantizer of 4 = Q24 . "
I did reply to your first post where I mentioned that DivX Q3 is equivalent to Q22 (H264)... Q4 to Q22 and... Q18 is Near-Perfect while Q22 is Excellent and Q24 is Good Quality.

The best solution may well be the 'trial and error' alternative... Experiment and see what you see... your eyes will speak for themselves...

Pascal
Old 14th March 2007, 22:53   #1308  |  Link
delacroixp
Emperor building empire

@buzzqw

The Image is up (see original post).

Quote:
@buzzqw

Perhaps, along with the option for Original Resolution could be added the option for Automatic Cropping (see Image) ... done in such a way that downsizing is not necessary... even if it implied cropping 1 line extra or 1 too few.

Dr DivX 1 and VirtualDub have both had a simple Editing feature to 'slice and dice' allowing the user to edit-out intros, credits, adverts or the like... a feature certainly high on my wishlist.
While I realise that this is way beyond the present status of AutoMKV... a preview panel with a simple resolution slider does allow you to view the possible resolutions, croppings and changes in croppings & resolutions... in realtime.... and preplan accordingly.

Pascal
Old 14th March 2007, 23:13   #1309  |  Link
weaver4

Quote:
I did reply to your first post where I mentioned that DivX Q3 is equivalent to Q22 (H264)... Q4 to Q22 and... Q18 is Near-Perfect while Q22 is Excellent and Q24 is Good Quality.

The best solution may well be the 'trial and error' alternative... Experiment and see what you see... your eyes will speak for themselves...

Pascal
Thanks, I will do some trial and error but it does not explain why other tools make significantly smaller files with the same Quantizer.
Old 14th March 2007, 23:45   #1310  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Quote:
While I realise that this is way beyond the present status of AutoMKV... a preview panel with a simple resolution slider does allow you to view the possible resolutions, croppings and changes in croppings & resolutions... in realtime.... and preplan accordingly.
I must confess the idea of AutoMKV having a "preview panel" would be awesome!

But..... I can imagine it would involve a hell of a lot of work
Old 15th March 2007, 02:29   #1311  |  Link
whiskey
Drunken munky

Quote:
even if slow as hell try apply HQ Deint, should bring to better deinterlace

also you could post a sample of vob (to analyze)

BHH
Sample available here http://www.rogepost.com/n/8145128002 10MB straight from VOB
Old 15th March 2007, 02:31   #1312  |  Link
nx6
Playing with MKV files...

There is a "preview" encode feature isn't there? Where it only encodes the first 5% of the movie.

That would be faster than having to wait for an entire feature to encode before seeing the results. But then it would be more useful to specify an actual time index range to use so you could pick, say, a high action section of the movie, much of the first 5% will be opening credits.
Old 15th March 2007, 04:19   #1313  |  Link
dlflannery
Cranky old newbie

Can't get 78a to do this!

Quote:
......ADDED: Is now possible to specify AVS input in AUDIO (suggestion by dlflannery)
Build your avs inputs as these examples:
for Videoinput.avs:
Code:
directshowsource("C:\apps\test\movie.avi",audio=false)+directshowsource("C:\apps\test\movie.avi",audio=false)
for Audioinput.avs
Code:
directshowsource("C:\apps\test\movie.avi",video=false)+directshowsource("C:\apps\test\movie.avi",video=false)
BHH
I've constructed my video.avs and audio.avs exactly as quoted above except substituting my two video file names where you have "movie.avi". Both files play OK in WMP11.

Trying to encode to Zune profile. Deinterlace set to NONE.
I notice when I load the audio AVS, I have to select "files of type all (*.*)" in the browser (i.e., .avs is not a pre-defined type).

I've tried all combinations of the two Use DirectShow check boxes (video and audio), i.e. (off,off), (on,off), (off, on) and (on, on).

I always get the same movie.avs in the temp folder:
Code:
Import("C:\MyVideo.avs")
audio=EnsureVBRMP3Sync(audio)
audio=ConvertAudioToFloat(audio)
audio=getchannel(audio,1,2)
audiodub(audio,last)
This fails for two reasons:
1. No audio clip has been loaded.
2. Even if my audio AVS was imported, it would not define the "audio" variable needed by movie.avs (following your quoted example above)

If I define "audio" in my audio AVS file and import it as the first statement in movie.avs, it encodes fine.

What am I doing wrong?

Also: I"ve tried it with deinterlace set to auto. It takes longer but still fails and movie.avs is the same.

Thanks.
Old 15th March 2007, 04:53   #1314  |  Link
weaver4

I am having problems with 0.78. I am encoding a movie and I get the error "Audio wasn't Encoded Properly". But I look at the folder and the ac3 file was generated. This is exactly the same movie source I used with version 0.76 without a problem. I tried changing the Audio codec from Nero to CodingTech AAC but I got the same failure. I tried with two x264 profiles and had the same error. I then tried an xvid to avi and got the same result.

I saw that someone else was having the same problem but I never saw a resolution.
Old 15th March 2007, 08:00   #1315  |  Link
nx6
Playing with MKV files...

Quote:
I am having problems with 0.78. I am encoding a movie and I get the error "Audio wasn't Encoded Properly". But I look at the folder and the ac3 file was generated. This is exactly the same movie source I used with version 0.76 without a problem. I tried changing the Audio codec from Nero to CodingTech AAC but I got the same failure. I tried with two x264 profiles and had the same error. I then tried an xvid to avi and got the same result.

I saw that someone else was having the same problem but I never saw a resolution.
I was having the problem, it was pretty much the only thing keeping AutoMKV from working reliably for me. But I seem to be past it now, I hope. I had an odd experience last night with 0.78, long story short I ran an encode on a super fast profile to test if the audio issue was fixed and it seemed to be gone, but then when I tried to run the job for real - I used the same settings, only changing the final container size and X264 profile to "anime_maxquality" I had the error again. It was maddening! Why was it happening again when it had just done the job without a problem!

Anyway, I went to the forums and saw 0.78a had been released, so I installed it and ran my encode with the same settings it had just failed on previously and it worked! I'm starting to think the old normalization method had something to do with the issues I was having. I've only run that one job so far, though (because it took all the rest of that night and today while I was at work to finish with such a slow encoding profile). So it might still have an issue on the second or third run.

Have you tried 0.78a? It did get rid of that normalization delay me and a couple other people had.
Old 15th March 2007, 09:59   #1316  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

update 0.78b
http://www.64k.it/andres/data/a/AutoMKV078b.exe

ADDED: If NicAudio is unable to process the file, automkv will switch to DirectShowSource
FIXED: More tweak to SoundOut. Now is even more quicker!
FIXED: Some problem on wmv encoding (???)

@whiskey

thanks, i will analize asap

Quote:
There is a "preview" encode feature isn't there?
no, not now

Quote:
I must confess the idea of AutoMKV having a "preview panel" would be awesome!
i like it too

@dlflannery
please try this update

@weaver4
the problem is often due to corrupted audio,
try this build

@ALL
sorry for all those problems

BHH
Old 15th March 2007, 10:25   #1317  |  Link
delacroixp
Emperor building empire

@eaver4

Quote:
Thanks, I will do some trial and error but it does not explain why other tools make significantly smaller files with the same Quantizer.
Quote:
I had a 2.5 hour movie I was encoding in x264 using the ConstantQuality-CRF profile with a quantizer of 20. I encoded this movie into 640x272 and the filesize came out be a whopping 1.95G which surprised me since the XviD file of the same movie same resolution with a quantizer of 3 was 1.7G. So I tried encoding it with the same resolution, same encoder (H-264), same audio, same quantizer value with some other tools; here is the result.

HandBrake/MediaFork on the PC --- 1.34G
HandBrake/MediaFork on the Mac --- 1.31G
Visual-Hub on the Mac --- 1.27G

Why are the results so much larger with AutoMKV?

In your test you were comparing Q3 (DivX) to Q20 (H264)... whereas you should have used Q22...

Pascal

Eek... sorry about your name spelling

Last edited by delacroixp; 15th March 2007 at 12:05. Reason: spelling
Old 15th March 2007, 12:55   #1318  |  Link
weaver4

I was comparing a X264 encoding made by HandBrake and VisualHub with a quantizer of 19.4 (62%) and 20.

I was encoding this file using Automkv 0.76 and when I checked the file using avinapic it said the CRF was 18! I redid the file the second time making sure the setting was 20 and avinapic still showed it as 18. I am now trying it with 0.78
Old 15th March 2007, 12:56   #1319  |  Link
weaver4

0.78b is encoding the audio correctly. Thanks.
Old 15th March 2007, 13:08   #1320  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

@weaver4
glad for audio !

but remember after changing the profile in advanced profiles to check use this profile!!

also ... open in notepad the x264profile.xml in automkv folder , you MUST see bitratequantitizer 20

BHH
Closed Thread