Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 23rd January 2007, 20:49   #141  |  Link
XKCorp

Good job muslix64 & Janvitos!

What was the problem with file buffering?
I simply added buffering to BackupHDDVD, the source of BackupBluRay is nearly the same in that part. Perhaps my fix don't work with the BluRay version, perhaps not?

To help you know, I have added the same fix to backupbluray, try it and if it works great look at DecryptBluRayMedia.java, other sorry for wasting your time

http://www.sendspace.com/file/u79sqn
XKCorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2007, 20:50   #142  |  Link
COREiP

haha you guys rock. Its funny how they spend countless hours and millions of dollars on useless protections.
COREiP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2007, 20:55   #143  |  Link
Janvitos

I just burned the movie "Corpse Bride" on a BD-RE disc and guess what... It plays back in WinDVD !!!
Janvitos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2007, 21:04   #144  |  Link
puppydg68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janvitos View Post
I just burned the movie "Corpse Bride" on a BD-RE disc and guess what... It plays back in WinDVD !!!
are you able to get to a ps3 and test?
puppydg68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2007, 21:08   #145  |  Link
Janvitos

Unfortunately i don't have a PS3 but i guess i could buy one and return it
Old 23rd January 2007, 21:24   #146  |  Link
kuklitis

Quote:
CONGRATULATIONS ! WE reached yet another milestone
Now we can start to think about semi-profesional piratism All we need is a PC device (Blu-Ray reader or burner), blank media, BackUPBluray utility to rip and decrypt and of corse the key would be WinDVD software that allows playing on PC monitor or other devices full 1920x1080 res. without any HDCP stuff. It know looks like it would be more easier paas friends and other eager people those BD-R media with movies - just pop in into PC drive and watch without any moving to local HDD and other rather complicated stuff ...
kuklitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2007, 22:20   #147  |  Link
aerox87

Nice job Janvitos

Too bad that 1 BD-R 25GB costs $17 and BD-R 50GB is over $30
aerox87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2007, 22:38   #148  |  Link
kuklitis

Yes, prices are still high and if you are lucky you can get BD-R for 12$-14$. And the worst still is that prices for media stays in the same level alreday fro some 4 month ! It's about time to start gradually falling by 1$ a mont to some 7-8$ level !
-----------------
Just did some quick search and this seems just the better deal right now :
>>>
FUJIFILM 25GB 2X BD-R(Blu-ray) Single Disc - Retail for 13.99$ at NewEgg with FREE shipping

And this is strange that there are almost no multi packages present into market. Only one offer for 5 package and some for 2 package BD-R media and no significant price gain with those

Last edited by kuklitis; 23rd January 2007 at 22:44.
Old 23rd January 2007, 22:40   #149  |  Link
2bigkings

yes, european prices are a little bit higher.
burn a movie on a BD-R is at the moment very expensive, to save data from your HD it's perfect media.
2bigkings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2007, 22:51   #150  |  Link
evdberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerox87 View Post
Too bad that 1 BD-R 25GB costs $17 and BD-R 50GB is over $30
All the more reason to buy the original if you like the movie ...
evdberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2007, 23:14   #151  |  Link
kuklitis

Quote:
Originally Posted by evdberg View Post
All the more reason to buy the original if you like the movie ...
Here in Europe we have prices 25-38 euros fro good Blu-ray movie, but price for BD-R is around 12-13 euros.
Let's say we are 4 friends - early adaptors with Blu-ray PC drives in our PC's. Then we each put together 3.5 euros, buy media, download from torrents ripped and decripted movie, burn to BD-R, and take turns watching it ! If we buy original, then our expenses would be 7-9 euros each.
And I hope that media prices will fall, but it's very unlikely that prices of new and popular Blu-ray movie releases would drop ...
Old 23rd January 2007, 23:53   #152  |  Link
jokin
Dwight Schrute's homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuklitis View Post
Here in Europe we have prices 25-38 euros fro good Blu-ray movie, but price for BD-R is around 12-13 euros.
Let's say we are 4 friends - early adaptors with Blu-ray PC drives in our PC's. Then we each put together 3.5 euros, buy media, download from torrents ripped and decripted movie, burn to BD-R, and take turns watching it ! If we buy original, then our expenses would be 7-9 euros each.
And I hope that media prices will fall, but it's very unlikely that prices of new and popular Blu-ray movie releases would drop ...
This tool is meant to allow backing up you original copies of a movie so you can keep from damaging the original and/or to allow playback on a non-HDCP compliant monitor at full resolution. This is not meant to allow one to pirate the material.
jokin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2007, 00:43   #153  |  Link
HyperHacker
Resident DRM Hater

I can't see BD-R prices coming down soon. Them costing near as much as (or more than) the actual movies is another anti-piracy measure. Though for irony's sake you could burn smaller ones to HD-DVD disks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by inu-liger View Post
File got removed 'cos of too many "complaints"
Yeah, FYI, Rapidshare is absolute total crap.

Now someone make further progress on decrypting BD so we can get back on topic.
Old 24th January 2007, 02:30   #154  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

Quote:
CONGRATULATIONS ! WE reached yet another milestone
Now we can start to think about semi-profesional piratism All we need is a PC device (Blu-Ray reader or burner), blank media, BackUPBluray utility to rip and decrypt and of corse the key would be WinDVD software that allows playing on PC monitor or other devices full 1920x1080 res. without any HDCP stuff. It know looks like it would be more easier paas friends and other eager people those BD-R media with movies - just pop in into PC drive and watch without any moving to local HDD and other rather complicated stuff ...
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokin View Post
This tool is meant to allow backing up you original copies of a movie so you can keep from damaging the original and/or to allow playback on a non-HDCP compliant monitor at full resolution. This is not meant to allow one to pirate the material.
Exactly jokin.

@kuklitis - any more talk along these lines will incur a rule 6 strike. Stick to the topic. You wanna talk about how you or other people can pirate DVDs/BR/HDDVD, please do it elsewhere.

Regards

Only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media.
blutach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2007, 06:05   #155  |  Link
Janvitos

Get the other link !

Last edited by Janvitos; 24th January 2007 at 13:40.
Old 24th January 2007, 06:18   #156  |  Link
Galileo2000

Quote:
Janvitos,

Most excellent! Great job!

Did you use HDV camera to make the video?

Congratulations!

I guess I am going to buy BD drive soon..
Galileo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2007, 06:48   #157  |  Link
hajj_3

Nice! you should put the camcorder on something stable tho, picture qual aint great and very wobbly. also you should make a video showing how to do it from start to end, show backupbluray in action, getting the keys etc with keyfinder, decrypting, then watching off hdd unencrypted, state that your graphics card is non-hdcp (assuming it isnt) and then show video of it running like in here.

then put it on youtube.
hajj_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2007, 06:51   #158  |  Link
Galileo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by hajj_3 View Post
Nice! you should put the camcorder on something stable tho, picture qual aint great and very wobbly. also you should make a video showing how to do it from start to end, show backupbluray in action, getting the keys etc with keyfinder, decrypting, then watching off hdd unencrypted, state that your graphics card is non-hdcp (assuming it isnt) and then show video of it running like in here.

then put it on youtube.
and include your home address and phone number as well and see "Removed by the request of Sony Corporation" a few minutes after.
Old 24th January 2007, 07:14   #159  |  Link
Morbid

Doom9 is getting more press over these efforts than I can recall in all my years of coming by.

Somebody should hook Muslix64 with some Blu-Ray/HD-DVD equipment so he can further his studies.

MorBiD
Morbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2007, 07:17   #160  |  Link
Galileo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbid View Post
Doom9 is getting more press over these efforts than I can recall in all my years of coming by.

Somebody should hook Muslix64 with some Blu-Ray/HD-DVD equipment so he can further his studies.

MorBiD
I do agree, and more than willing to contribute. But we have to figure out how to do it.