Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 26th January 2002, 16:00   #101  |  Link
smack

78% error

I also get the 78% error when importing assets. Could it be DVDpatcher can only handle 2gig max files as the problem? That is about the point when Maestro kicks it out. Anyway, I skip the step where you export mpeg file, skip pixel tools mpegrepair, and authoring still comes out fine.
smack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2002, 02:44   #102  |  Link
SiC

I was wondering if anyone has tried DVDit with SVCD files. In DVDit you can create what they call a cDVD which is basically a DVD-Video format (with *.vob, *.ifo, etc.) disc on a DVD-R but allows you to use any MPEG2 files. So basically it will let you author a DVD with a 480x480 MPEG2 file. My question is, by using this cDVD format, will you be able to play the DVD it creates on a standalone DVD player?? With Nero Burning ROM you can basically do the same thing but with the SuperVCD settings, you can use any MPEG2 file (like 3000kbps 720x480) to create a SVCD (although it gives you a warning that the file is not within the SVCD specs). This SVCD Nero creates WILL play on my Pioneer 525 standalone DVD player. So would a cDVD created by DVDit play on my Pioneer?? I would try this but I don't have a DVD burner yet......
SiC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2002, 07:14   #103  |  Link
robinsj

No you can't play this file in a standalone, when you get to the burning part, it tells you that... that it will not play in a standalone player...
robinsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2002, 19:16   #104  |  Link
Mnemonic

Questions?

#1 will this work in a NON-SVCD compatible player?
#2 I cant find a bunch of the programs you have listed, and yes i have searched some places, could you email me a location where i can find these programs?

mnemonic@advetisnet.com
Mnemonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2002, 03:30   #105  |  Link
robinsj

Yes this will work in a non-svcd standalone player... I have gotten it to work in my Pioneer DV-440, SONY DSP-S330, and another sony dvd player, and the playstation 2... both sonys don't support svcd or the ps2... the pioneer does, but it works in all of them... and no we can't post links on where to get the software... search and ye shall find
robinsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2002, 03:57   #106  |  Link
Mnemonic

I know you cant post links, but...

you could email me the links, it would be greatly appriciated! I have searched to no avail!
Mnemonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2002, 09:55   #107  |  Link
BioMonk

Hey guys, I've also got a copy of the 4 svcd's but there appears to be a some mpeg corruption in disc 2 and 3, most notably in Elrond's Council (the scene bridging disc 2 and 3). Do I just have a bad copy of said svcd's, or is that the way they all are?

--BioMonk
BioMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2002, 21:21   #108  |  Link
nkarnold

Attached is a guide i wrote myself, based on various combinations of what already exists.

All i can say is.. I got it working using this.
nkarnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2002, 01:51   #109  |  Link
shobe

Thanks nkarnold for providing us with your guide. But the zip file you attached has nothing in it.

shobe
shobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2002, 07:46   #110  |  Link
dopef1sh

another link to the file

The file is correctly attached in this forum, and it *quite* helpful.
One caveat: it uses DVD Maestro, so those without it are out of luck. I myself have a corrupted copy of the svcds, but was still able to use these directions.

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?threadid=15833

--josh
Old 6th February 2002, 20:59   #111  |  Link
saint

nothing there

I'm able to download the zip, but it's empty and registers are 0 bytes....
Old 20th February 2002, 02:04   #112  |  Link
talman

Question

I know this thread has been down for a while but I have a question about nkarnold's process of SVCD to DVD (and didn't want to start a new thread). I've followed it exactly---step by step but am having audio sync issues towards the end of the movie (last part of disk 3). Originally I thought I had a corrupted disk 3 so I downloaded it and found that wasn't the problem.

Funny thing is that if I play the SVCD bin image it works absolutely fine--no sync issues at all. The sync only becomes an issue after Maestro has compiled the project. Does anyone have any ideas about how I can get the audio in sync or why it's not in sync in the first place? Thanks!
talman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2002, 00:46   #113  |  Link
talman

SUCCESS!!!

Well nothing like a little trial and error to fix the problem. For those of you having problems with the audio sync on this project, here's what worked for me:

After each mpeg had been demultiplexed, I took the resulting mp2 files and converted them to wav using winamp's diskwriter output. I then ran each wav through soft encoder and encoded each separately into an ac3 file. I then imported each ac3 into media asset window in Maestro. I right clicked on the first audio track in the movie playback menu and then selected create audio sync track. Assign each ac3 to the appropriate video section and then click create sync track (or something to that effect). After it's finished a new ac3 will show up in the media asset. Use that ac3 file for the audio track, compile, burn, and you're done! Perfect sync.
talman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2002, 15:34   #114  |  Link
Kb_cruncher
replecant

what r all you people doin with lotrs on dvd\svcd.
it was made in my country by a director from my country and i haven't seen it anywhere
Kb_cruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2002, 03:17   #115  |  Link
LB

LOL

Don't know if this thread is dead or not. But to the last comment, HAH. Kinda funny when you think about it and look at the date the thread was started. Ok ok. Question...

Actually let me revise my question:

This thread has not been posted to since feb'02. So, is the Pan.Scan idea no longer necessary and the simple patch to 352x480 has overtaken it, or is this still the way to go if you want to ensure that your movie can be played on ANY dvd player (provided of course it can read the media).

Last edited by LB; 29th October 2002 at 05:13.
LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2002, 14:17   #116  |  Link
rjgn

Quote:
So, is the Pan.Scan idea no longer necessary and the simple patch to 352x480 has overtaken it, or is this still the way to go if you want to ensure that your movie can be played on ANY dvd player (provided of course it can read the media).
The patch to 352x480 never "overtook" adding the Pan & Scan info.
They are two solutions to two different problems.

Patching the video simply enables you to import the video into DVDMaestro.

Adding the Pan & Scan info is not necessary for all DVD players. It depends whether or not your dvd player will cope with finding a non valid resolution on a dvd.

My dvd player doesn't. So I needed to patch the video files in order to import them into DVDMaestro plus I needed to add the Pan & Scan info so my dvd player will play the resulting dvd ok.

Oh and yes that last comment was funny

Last edited by rjgn; 29th October 2002 at 14:19.
rjgn is offline   Reply With Quote