Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 4th February 2012, 00:05   #281  |  Link
FDisk80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavino View Post
To continue Didée's theme: "slow" is bad. But "crashing" is even worse.

Most source filters don't work multithreaded, so you have to run them in mode 5, before switching to mode 2 for the rest of the script.
Well, it still crashes in mode 5.
The script is just to heavy for realtime 1080p even for a quad core CPU at 3.6Ghz and GPU acceleration + DXVA enabled.
Even at "Very Fast" and "Super Fast" presets.

BTW,
SVP sets "SetMemoryMax(1024)" and "SetMTMode(3,7)" by default, did not see it crash once. CPU load is much much lower and GPU load is the same, about 40%
Some settings are just overkill in InterFrame for realtime.

Code:
svp_scheduler=true
SetMemoryMax(1024)
svp_cache_reduce=true
svp_flow_lib="C:\Program Files (x86)\SVP\Plugins\MVTools2\libflowgpu.dll"
multinum=5
multiden=2
algo=13
block=false
ml=0
search=5
sadml=100
sadgamma=1
blend=true
dist=2
pel=2
sharp=0
Recalc=0
blkh=32
blkv=32
overlap=8
overlapv=8
wid_den=1
hei_den=1

LoadPlugin ("C:\Program Files (x86)\SVP\Plugins\MVTools2\mvtools2.dll")
SetMTMode(3,7)
ffdShow_source()
Assert(width==1920 && height==816,"Frame size "+string(width)+"x"+string(height)+" instead of 1920x816")
delim=":"
WriteFileStart("C:\Users\FDisk\AppData\Roaming\SVP\Logs\avsFPS.txt", "FramerateNumerator()", "delim", "FramerateDenominator()")
SetMTMode(2)
src=last
wid_den==1 ? last : \
hei_den==1 ? LanczosResize(int(width/wid_den/2)*2,height) : LanczosResize(int(width/wid_den/2)*2,int(height/hei_den/2)*2)
super=MSuper(pel=pel, hpad=blkh, vpad=blkv, sharp=sharp)
finest=pel==1 ? super : MFinest(super)
backward_vec=MAnalyse(super, isb=true, blksize=blkh, blksizev=blkv, overlap=overlap, overlapv=overlapv, search=search, searchparam=dist, pelsearch=dist, plevel=0)
forward_vec=MAnalyse(super, isb=false, blksize=blkh, blksizev=blkv, overlap=overlap, overlapv=overlapv, search=search, searchparam=dist, pelsearch=dist, plevel=0)
backward_vec = Recalc==0 ? backward_vec : MRecalculate(super, backward_vec, blksize=blkh2, blksizev=blkv2, overlap=int(overlap/4)*2, overlapv=int(overlapv/4)*2, search=search, searchparam=dist)
forward_vec  = Recalc==0 ? forward_vec  : MRecalculate(super, forward_vec, blksize=blkh2, blksizev=blkv2, overlap=int(overlap/4)*2, overlapv=int(overlapv/4)*2, search=search, searchparam=dist)
smooth_video=MSmoothFps(super, backward_vec, forward_vec, finest=finest, num=FramerateNumerator(last)*multinum,den=FramerateDenominator(last)*multiden, algo=algo, ml=ml, sadml=sadml, sadgamma=sadgamma, block=block, blend=blend)
smooth_video

distributor()

Last edited by FDisk80; 4th February 2012 at 12:57.
FDisk80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2012, 00:28   #282  |  Link
SubJunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Didée View Post
"works" is good. But "works correctly" is so much better.
It works correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDisk80 View Post
The script is just to heavy for realtime 1080p even for a quad core CPU at 3.6Ghz and GPU acceleration + DXVA enabled.
It works fine for me and my CPU is slower than yours.
It's not the settings that are the problem, since like you said SVP runs fine for you with the i7 settings which are a lot more intensive than InterFrame's fast presets

It's possible that DXVA is the problem, I've had trouble with that being very slow on my computer despite a fast GPU. You could try disabling that.
SubJunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2012, 00:47   #283  |  Link
FDisk80

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubJunk View Post
It works fine for me and my CPU is slower than yours.
It's not the settings that are the problem, since like you said SVP runs fine for you with the i7 settings which are a lot more intensive than InterFrame's fast presets

It's possible that DXVA is the problem, I've had trouble with that being very slow on my computer despite a fast GPU. You could try disabling that.
Tried it without DXVA, CPU load is still high and player crashes.
I don't understand how is your slower CPU can run this without crashes or low frame rates in realtime with 1080p.
Old 4th February 2012, 00:55   #284  |  Link
SubJunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDisk80 View Post
I don't understand how is your slower CPU can run this without crashes or low frame rates in realtime with 1080p.
InterFrame and SVP use the same files and same AviSynth code, so of course InterFrame can run videos that SVP can.
Just because something happens for you doesn't mean it happens for all people

Since SVP is working for you you can modify it to either use InterFrame or to use the same settings as InterFrame.
Old 4th February 2012, 01:10   #285  |  Link
FDisk80

Quote:
InterFrame and SVP use the same files and same AviSynth code, so of course InterFrame can run videos that SVP can.
Just because something happens for you doesn't mean it happens for all people

Since SVP is working for you you can modify it to either use InterFrame or to use the same settings as InterFrame.
Yes, this was my next step, to play with both scripts and see what is going on there.

BTW, is interpolation like this possible to be made as a filter or even a shader?
Old 4th February 2012, 03:46   #286  |  Link
Maccara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Didée View Post
"works" is good. But "works correctly" is so much better. Did you verify if the results still are correct? Checking "if it doesn't crash" isn't sufficient. Back when I played with FFT3dGPU, I first thought all is okay (it didn't crash and looked okay). Only after closer checking it became clear that the results of FFT3dGPU were all-funky-wrong when the script was multithreaded.
IMO, every GPU filter should assert if someone tries to run them with MT.

It is completely contradictory to do that, since GPU filters are (or should be, otherwise there's no point) inherently multithreaded on the GPU already.

Best case: MT with GPU filter works but is completely pointless.
Maccara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2012, 00:38   #287  |  Link
SubJunk

InterFrame 1.13 is released. Please see the first post for the changelog. Enjoy
Old 29th February 2012, 16:47   #288  |  Link
Bernardd

Hi SubJunk

Thank you very much

What do you think about Algo 2 ? I find interest for it, because in problematic rush, it produce morph pictures without blend.

Bernard
Bernardd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2012, 22:40   #289  |  Link
SubJunk

Hi Bernardd, I will try it
Old 29th February 2012, 23:18   #290  |  Link
FDisk80

Quote:
InterFrame 1.13 is released. Please see the first post for the changelog. Enjoy
720P is all smooth and nice, looks good, no crashes
1080P the picture is blinking with green frames and then player freezes and crashes

MPC-HC + LAV (DXVA) + Interframe (Very Fast setting), (GPU accelerated)
Old 1st March 2012, 02:57   #291  |  Link
SubJunk

Hi FDisk80, thanks for reporting this bug!
It's almost certainly a .dll problem so could you please try replacing the dependencies one by one with the previous version to see which is causing the problem? The previous version is here
Old 1st March 2012, 12:13   #292  |  Link
FDisk80

Quote:
It's almost certainly a .dll problem so could you please try replacing the dependencies one by one with the previous version to see which is causing the problem? The previous version is here
Will try when I get home.
Old 1st March 2012, 22:22   #293  |  Link
SubJunk

Thanks!
Old 1st March 2012, 22:49   #294  |  Link
CruNcher

Quote:
Especially if he uses a Script that uses external functions that have not been tested with SVPs modification i had a lot of crashes also depending on the Avisynth version and way of loading in the past and had to manually adapt stuff very often or update/downgrade.

It is about Time

Join the Revolution NOW before it is to Late !

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=168004
CruNcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2012, 21:03   #295  |  Link
mark0077

SubJunk, where did you get the new libflowgpu dll? Is it a yet unreleased dll from svp?
mark0077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2012, 22:04   #296  |  Link
SubJunk

They released it publicly on their website but not in a SVP version
Old 9th March 2012, 01:06   #297  |  Link
kolak

Is there a way to use YUY2 color space in interframe?
Is RemoveGrain only one filter which does not like YUY2 color space?
Tried to use Interleaved2Planar() and opposite, but had no luck.
Need help

Last edited by kolak; 9th March 2012 at 01:46.
kolak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2012, 01:13   #298  |  Link
SubJunk

Yeah I don't think it's possible, I have never tried though. I think MVTools2 doesn't allow it?
Old 11th March 2012, 04:57   #299  |  Link
geminigod

Subjunk, you mentioned previously that if the goal were slow motion vs. smooth motion, you would not use this setup. I was hoping you might expand on the particulars of why and what you would use instead. It seems like this could work well for both, and I am struggling to comprehend the practical difference.

For example, what you recommendation as best course of action for this hypothetical scenario? Goal: create smooth slow motion with 50% reduction in speed from a source video of 1080p @ 23.976fps with medium-fast motion in scene?

Last edited by geminigod; 11th March 2012 at 06:58.
geminigod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2012, 08:22   #300  |  Link
SubJunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by geminigod View Post
Subjunk, you mentioned previously that if the goal were slow motion vs. smooth motion, you would not use this setup. I was hoping you might expand on the particulars of why and what you would use instead. It seems like this could work well for both, and I am struggling to comprehend the practical difference.

For example, what you recommendation as best course of action for this hypothetical scenario? Goal: create smooth slow motion with 50% reduction in speed from a source video of 1080p @ 23.976fps with medium-fast motion in scene?
Thanks for the good question The practical difference is that at different speeds, different artifacts are more noticeable than others. It would be a good idea for InterFrame to have a slow motion preset or something but since I don't use it for that I don't think it will be added. However I know a lot of people do use it for slow motion and I've had good feedback about it, so while it could be further optimised for it, it should still be good

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyWu View Post
RemoveGrain and MVTools2 do support YUY2 actually. For RemoveGrain, you have to convert the clip into planar YUY2 by applying Interleaved2Planar() first, then feed the converted clip to RemoveGrain() with "planar=true" set. For MVTools2, both interleaved and planar YUY2 are supported, but it's recommended to feed planar YUY2 to MVTools2 for the sake of faster processing. Like RemoveGrain, MVTools2 also has a "planar" parameter. The problem is InterFrame doesn't use MFlowFps but MSmoothFps(SVP Build), which doesn't have a "planar" parameter. I don't know whether MSmoothFps even support interleaved YUY2 or not. You may try it. If MSmoothFps supports interleaved YUY2, remember to apply Planar2Interleaved() to the converted clip before feeding to MSuper and MSmoothFps.
Thanks for the info

Tags
48fps, 60fps, framedoubling, interframe, smooth motion