Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 26th July 2014, 19:03   #1  |  Link
TOM_SK

DmitriRender 2.0.0.3

DmitriRender is a DirectShow filter. It converts video frame rate in real time and allows you to watch any movies and videos without jerks and turbidity. It calculates on the video card and inserts frames with intermediate position of objects into the video. This can significantly improve the viewing experience. Motion in the frame obtains a smooth, monolithic, fully synchronized with the output device (monitor, projector, or TV) refresh rate.

DmitriRender is compatible with NVidia and AMD video card with hardware DirectX 11 support, including the AMD APU with built-in graphics processor. DmitriRender is compatible with Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1.

Changelog 24.07.2014. DmitriRender 2.0.0.3:
Quote:
  • Optimized code, improved quality, reduced the number of artifacts.
  • Reduced unnecessary CPU load on NVidia video card.
  • Fixed a bug on the AMD video card, resulting in green or black screen.
  • Expanded support for different players (Light Alloy, Stereoscopic Player and others).
  • Added English version.
http://www.dmitrirender.ru/
TOM_SK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2014, 19:52   #2  |  Link
wanezhiling

It eats too much gpu resource...
wanezhiling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2014, 21:25   #3  |  Link
huhn

it look like it does the same as madVR SM but adds artefacts:
http://abload.de/img/dimitrirenderermnujf.png

MadVr and EVR really really think the clock is perfect after some time so there is no way a frame gets dropped or repeated.
i haven't notice any performence issue at all.

Last edited by huhn; 27th July 2014 at 01:10. Reason: the block are in the source for what ever reason.
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2014, 23:14   #4  |  Link
Sparktank
47.952fps@71.928Hz

Hmmm, well I use K-Lite Mega CP to play movies for FFDshow + SVP to get interpolation.

My playback chain:
MPC-HC: DirectShow Video: MadVR
movie -> LAVvideo -> FFDShow -> SVP
+ ReClock

After installing this:
MPC-HC: DirectShow Video: Sync Render
movie -> LAVvideo -> DmitriRender
+ ReClock

It also outputs video to NV12 as default.
Reclock shows: 60.020 fps, 1920x1080p, NV12 12 bits

While I see the CPU usage has dropped (avg. 4-9%) significantly for interpolating (compared to SVP, avg. 50-65%), and it does play rather smoothly for 1080p sourced AVC/BD remux,
it did start to judder a lot and chocke up when I ran NVidia system monitor to see some of the GPU stats.
After about 3.5 minutes, it also didn't like it when I went fullscreen with it either.
When I exted fullscreen, it just crashed MPC-HC.

After changing default DSV back to MadVR, it works better.
Still some motion judder on some panning shots.
With MadVR back on, CPU usage goes up avg. %30

Overall, it's not to showcase. You can get past all the ringing around the people when they walk around (typical of interpolating, but at full 1080p, it's much more obvious; SVP can downscale 720p).

For about 5 minutes, the only frame drops I get are when i switch to fullscreen or skip forward to a different scene.

I would say it could use some options to tweak for different settings, but I can just SVP for that.
Maybe a few different profiles would be nice.

Documentation is very brief.
Default installation says it will takeover and use Sync Renderer (didn't know until I played a video or read the documentation).

It also installs to %appdata% rather than something like "C:\Program Files (x86)\".

It's not bad.

The only thing I'm not liking?
It's trial-ware with option to purchase after trial.
Website shows that "buy" is "coming soon..."

I wouldn't feel comfortable paying for this.
There isn't even any licensing information on this, anywhere.
If you have to pay, don't you get to know the licence type? He has his own "licence" when you go to install, but nothing too relevant.

I'll stick with SVP, tyvm.

Thanks for demo.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 @3.4GHz (6c/12th, I'm on AVX2 now!)
Sparktank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2014, 23:52   #5  |  Link
Ceremony

sorry, but to me, this render is far from being usable:
one cannot adjust the frame interpolation in any way, so one cant compensate for artifacts and optimize it for certain content (SD, HD, anime, etc.). You cannot disable it either.
Overall GPU usage is pretty low though for me (GTX480). VRAM depends highly on the chosen renderer, because:
It is only an additional filter, not a proper renderer like madVR or EVR, as it requires these for scaling and presenting. So one may use it with madVR actually.
Shareware is a real killer too with rather lacking information. It is also not playing in the same league as SVP paired with madVR, which are both freeware.

Overall however, it does seem stable and the playback is smooth (aside from the frame interpolation stutters).

Playback Chain for reference:
Video: LAV Splitter -> LAV Decoder -> ffdshow filters -> Dmitri -> madVR/EVR/SYNC
Audio: LAV Splitter -> LAV Decoder -> ffdshow filters -> Reclock

Last edited by Ceremony; 28th July 2014 at 20:46.
Ceremony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2014, 00:40   #6  |  Link
Sparktank
47.952fps@71.928Hz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceremony View Post
You cannot disable it either.
I noticed, too.
The provided batch scripts to disable the filter doesn't actually disable it.
Maybe you have to reboot?

I uninstalled it and everything's back to normal.

It's not compatible with CodecTweakFilter so much at all.
I didn't really see any option to disable it there before uninstalling.
Old 27th July 2014, 00:56   #7  |  Link
Ceremony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparktank View Post
I noticed, too.
The provided batch scripts to disable the filter doesn't actually disable it.
Maybe you have to reboot?

I uninstalled it and everything's back to normal.

It's not compatible with CodecTweakFilter so much at all.
I didn't really see any option to disable it there before uninstalling.
the scripts just register it as a service, so you can easily pick it in the external filters options, while other programs may use it as well. Once added in mpc though, it points to the absolute path of the filter. so removing it from the service list does nothing at that point. in order to disable it, while its still installed (and optionally registered as a service), just untick it in the external filters tab.
Old 27th July 2014, 01:31   #8  |  Link
Sparktank
47.952fps@71.928Hz

Quote:
just untick it in the external filters tab.
I actually didn't think to check MPC-HC settings for filters.
I disable everything there.

Thanks for reminder.
Old 27th September 2014, 10:25   #9  |  Link
wail

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM_SK View Post
DmitriRender is a DirectShow filter. It converts video frame rate in real time and allows you to watch any movies and videos without jerks and turbidity. It calculates on the video card and inserts frames with intermediate position of objects into the video. This can significantly improve the viewing experience. Motion in the frame obtains a smooth, monolithic, fully synchronized with the output device (monitor, projector, or TV) refresh rate.

DmitriRender is compatible with NVidia and AMD video card with hardware DirectX 11 support, including the AMD APU with built-in graphics processor. DmitriRender is compatible with Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1.

Changelog 24.07.2014. DmitriRender 2.0.0.3:

http://www.dmitrirender.ru/
Who tryed to run DmitriRender with 4K UltraHD video (AVC or H265)?
How fast CPU/GPU i need for this?
Old 3rd October 2014, 14:55   #10  |  Link
Snappy Phoenix
System Tweaker

Guys stay away from this thing! You buy it then after you activate once it's locked! even if you do a few Windows updates it tells you that you made hardware changes and will lock the license so you can't watch anything unless you uninstall it or wait for the developer to unlock your license. It has a very strict licensing system more strict than any antivirus, Windows, or app I have ever seen in my life! If I buy a license, I want to be in control not to be at the mercy of some lame activation system.

Also, when there is any fast motion in a video, you notice around the object it is kinda fuzzy making the whole image look bad.

Regard,

Sasha
Snappy Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2014, 16:52   #11  |  Link
wail

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryracer View Post
do a few Windows updates...
May be your Windows update was so powerful that it changed system device enumeration?
When did you last installed/reinstalled your Windows?
Old 3rd October 2014, 20:09   #12  |  Link
Snappy Phoenix
System Tweaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wail View Post
May be your Windows update was so powerful that it changed system device enumeration?
When did you last installed/reinstalled your Windows?
Just today, did a clean install of Windows 7 Pro SP1, installed all drivers, installed all programs including DmitriRender and activated it, then did all the Windows Updates, then the license was de-activated telling me I changed my hardware! Really? not even the Microsoft Office, Windows license, Antivirus license, or any other licensed app I have does this. I simply will not accept some small program especially a codec or rendered to leave me at their mercy! If I buy an app, I own that license and must be free to change whatever I want. it's not like I'm using it illegally.
Old 3rd October 2014, 21:05   #13  |  Link
wail

Quote:
Just today, did a clean install of Windows 7 Pro SP1, installed all drivers, installed all programs including DmitriRender and activated it, then did all the Windows Updates, then the license was de-activated telling me I changed my hardware! Really? not even the Microsoft Office, Windows license, Antivirus license, or any other licensed app I have does this. I simply will not accept some small program especially a codec or rendered to leave me at their mercy! If I buy an app, I own that license and must be free to change whatever I want. it's not like I'm using it illegally.
Does your DmitriRender work now? Or not?
Old 3rd October 2014, 21:20   #14  |  Link
Snappy Phoenix
System Tweaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wail View Post
Does your DmitriRender work now? Or not?
Works great and I love the fact that it is very light and you don't need to install many other things to get it to work like ffdshow, AVIsynth, etc.

It has 1 small issue though, then object are moving fast in a movie, let's say a human running fast, you see around the edges of the object it's a bit fuzzy.....I hope a future version would fix this

Also, if he would update the licensing mechanism and not make it so strict, I'm sure I and many others would be happier and he would have less headaches with resetting keys for customers.
Old 3rd October 2014, 21:54   #15  |  Link
TOM_SK

Quote:
Take a look at the bottom of this page:
http://www.dmitrirender.ru/index/0-11

TOM_SK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2014, 22:05   #16  |  Link
Snappy Phoenix
System Tweaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM_SK View Post
Take a look at the bottom of this page:
http://www.dmitrirender.ru/index/0-11

Right, you can uninstall the license then reinstall BUT it only allows you to do this 10 times because when I did this one time, it told me, number of de-activations left is 10! I just don't get it why you would impose such limits on customers who pay for your codec out of goodwill to support you.

Secondly, the other issue I ran into was a simple Windows updates rendered my license useless and wrongfully telling me that I changed my hardware when I didn't.

Thirdly, my laptop has an Integrated Intel HD Grahpics 4600 and two Radeon R9 M290X GPUs, so does that mean evertime I switch graphics cards when I am on battery power the license manager would think I switched hardware and de-activate my license? C'mon man that is way too strict for power users who have such high end laptops or people who format and reinstall alot for testing various drivers, hardware, etc.
Snappy Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2014, 07:35   #17  |  Link
wail

Quote:
my laptop has an Integrated Intel HD Grahpics 4600 and two Radeon R9 M290X GPUs, so does that mean evertime I switch graphics cards when I am on battery power the license manager would think I switched hardware and de-activate my license?
I have no problem with DmitriRender licence when i swap my videocards. I think it locked to CPU / Motherboard / HDD / Windows. Not GPU.

Quote:
Right, you can uninstall the license then reinstall BUT it only allows you to do this 10 times because when I did this one time, it told me, number of de-activations left is 10! I just don't get it why you would impose such limits on customers who pay for your codec out of goodwill to support you.
There is many different licence types. E.g. Windows OEM licence don't allows you to deactive and transfer licence at all. You buy BOX version of DmitriRender or only activation key?

Quote:
the other issue I ran into was a simple Windows updates rendered my license useless and wrongfully telling me that I changed my hardware when I didn't.
It looks like you got very heavy first cumulative update from february 2011 (Win7 SP1 release date) to october 2014 (now). May be it changed your HDD state from IDE to AHCI, and your HDD recognized as changed, or update is change South/North Bridge settings on the motherboard and all your devices looks changed, or something else.

Quote:
people who format and reinstall alot for testing various drivers, hardware, etc.
Why you don't using trial mode? You have 30 day for this after format/install.

Quote:
Just today, did a clean install of Windows 7 Pro SP1, installed all drivers, installed all programs including DmitriRender and activated it, then did all the Windows Updates
Again. Why you don't using trial mode? Why you activated DmitriRender immediately after Windows install?
Old 4th October 2014, 20:57   #18  |  Link
Bloax
The speed of stupid

If people truly wanted to pirate a program it would be cracked open by now, but right now someone is just treating their customers badly while providing a niche product.

There should be a way for the user to deactivate the license number if we're talking about something so finicky, unless you want people to literally tell people not to buy the damn thing as we've already seen in this thread.
Bloax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2014, 02:45   #19  |  Link
Ceremony

im just saying this as the thread is still active:

dimitri is not a renderer like madVR, EVR, etc is. It is merely a filer that interpolates frames and forwards these to the actual renderer. Overall, the quality is very poor and it does not allow for any useful customization, not even providing a simple on/off switch. Everything can be done more effectively with SVP and madVR, outperforming dimitri in quality, performance and price (its free!) by a extremely large margin.

There is no reason to put money in this or actually pirate it: I simply do not want to use it. And neither should you.
Old 5th October 2014, 05:40   #20  |  Link
wail

Quote:
im just saying this as the thread is still active:

dimitri is not a renderer like madVR, EVR, etc is. It is merely a filer that interpolates frames and forwards these to the actual renderer. Overall, the quality is very poor and it does not allow for any useful customization, not even providing a simple on/off switch. Everything can be done more effectively with SVP and madVR, outperforming dimitri in quality, performance and price (its free!) by a extremely large margin.

There is no reason to put money in this or actually pirate it: I simply do not want to use it. And neither should you.
SVP has lots of bugs. On my first computer i got "script cannot be opened". On second computer skipping forward/backward makes frozen my player. What do you want from free project? DmitriRender is more stable.
And i don't want to read tons of documentation to make this "magic customization". I just want to install and play smoothly movies, as DmitriRender does.
About quality - i like DmitriRender picture more than SVP. It's more smoothly.