Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 13th March 2016, 22:53   #36861  |  Link
pankov

10x, Warner306
pankov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2016, 23:52   #36862  |  Link
ryrynz

Madshi, would you create a modified edge thinning that only works on lines? Would be useful to have both enabled for animated content as I find edge thinning touching some background elements I'd not want thinned as much. Right now I'm getting some good results using awarpsharp and MADVR's line thinning together. There's also a simple Avisynth filter called coloryuv http://avisynth.org.ru/docs/english/...s/coloryuv.htm that changes color and luminance that would be a useful addition within madVR also.
ryrynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2016, 00:10   #36863  |  Link
baii

A little update on Amd driver, 16.3 is slower than 15.12(11?) For me doing 1080 p to 4k nnedi32. But it fixed the 32 bit pot player crash.

How they make thing slower is beyond my thinking. Maybe it is my unlocked gpu core? Idk.

Sent from my 306SH
baii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2016, 00:42   #36864  |  Link
kasper93
MPC-HC Developer

FYI latest MPC-HC nightly build have included latest LAV Filters as well as 3D subtitle support for ISR.
kasper93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2016, 01:13   #36865  |  Link
Clammerz

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Freeman View Post
"Command line to execute when this profile is activated".
But it doesn't seem to work.
That option launches a command in Windows proper, not MadVR commands. For example, you could tell it to execute "calc.exe" under profile conditions.
I suppose you could use that option to launch regedit.exe to load registry file with the settings you desire, but since MadVR is already loaded at that point, I don't think new changes would take effect until the next time MadVR loads (although that would only let you change gamma I guess and not the other things you wanted.)

So I guess you could use the profile hotkey for gamma, and in combination use the filename tags for the other parameters as a somewhat workaround(?)
Clammerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2016, 01:53   #36866  |  Link
70MM
X Cinema Projectionist NZ

where is the best place to set contrasts/brightness, in the card, madvr or on the projector?
70MM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2016, 02:31   #36867  |  Link
Warner306

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70MM View Post
where is the best place to set contrasts/brightness, in the card, madvr or on the projector?
I would choose the projector as this would impact sources other than the connected CPU.
Warner306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2016, 05:12   #36868  |  Link
QBhd
QB the Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by baii View Post
A little update on Amd driver, 16.3 is slower than 15.12(11?) For me doing 1080 p to 4k nnedi32. But it fixed the 32 bit pot player crash.

How they make thing slower is beyond my thinking. Maybe it is my unlocked gpu core? Idk.

Sent from my 306SH
That's odd... since I just did a roll back of my OS and freshly installed 15.12 with my current madVR settings and 15.12 couldn't handle those settings, but when I put 16.3 on, madVR was again working smoothly

System specs are in my sig

QB
Old 14th March 2016, 07:50   #36869  |  Link
RyuzakiL

Quote:
Originally Posted by QBhd View Post
That's odd... since I just did a roll back of my OS and freshly installed 15.12 with my current madVR settings and 15.12 couldn't handle those settings, but when I put 16.3 on, madVR was again working smoothly

System specs are in my sig

QB
Well that's what I thought too when I installed Crimson 16.3 but now I'm back on AMD CCC 15.12.

- Using AMD Crimson turns on Crossfire Mode when it detects MadVR while AMD CCC does not.

- When in idle mode (desktop only) clocks are still locked at 1050mhz@v1.21 (wasting power and producing heat)

- Still suffers from occasional stutters unlike the last AMD CCC where everything is smooth and silky to games with the help of radeonpro

- I get good performance in MadVR using AMD CCC 15.12(11) and I can be sure that the video settings in AMD CCC are all turned off unlike in AMD Crimson.

I hope AMD apply all the good things that AMD CCC had and incorporate it to the AMD Crimson and I hope they properly fix the power-saving scheme that AMD Crimson suffers from. AMD CCC doesn't suffers from it so why fix what isn't broken in the 1st place?

I really do hope we had another GPU vendor other than these 2 (NVIDIA / AMD) idiots. So that they can up their game, hardware and software wise.
RyuzakiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2016, 08:07   #36870  |  Link
ryrynz

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyuzakiL View Post
Well that's what I thought too when I installed Crimson 16.3 but now I'm back on AMD CCC 15.12.
You should post your experience in their forums with as much information as you can provide.
ryrynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2016, 09:35   #36871  |  Link
har3inger

Using LAV hardware decoding can lock your GPU clocks to something less than their max. Whether it does this, and by how much is entirely specified by the driver I believe. I run my GPU at 850/1250, but it'll only max at 725/1125 if I use DXVA. Furthermore, DXVA decoding taxes the GPU slightly more compared to software decoding (obviously).
har3inger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2016, 10:49   #36872  |  Link
huhn

Quote:
Originally Posted by har3inger View Post
Using LAV hardware decoding can lock your GPU clocks to something less than their max. Whether it does this, and by how much is entirely specified by the driver I believe. I run my GPU at 850/1250, but it'll only max at 725/1125 if I use DXVA. Furthermore, DXVA decoding taxes the GPU slightly more compared to software decoding (obviously).
i have 0 % GPU using in DXVA native running in benchmark mode.

but yes the clock speed can change a lot with DXVA my 6770 in the past lost about 50 % of his max clock.
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2016, 11:00   #36873  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Forced clocks with hardware decoding has historically only been an AMD/ATI problem, and I believe only on older generations as well.
Old 14th March 2016, 14:36   #36874  |  Link
fedpul

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedpul View Post
Hi again madshi, I have been doing more tests. Without using NNEDI at all I get black screens too. I also tried to reset all to default settings and configure everything again and it happens anyway. Also I tried not using 10 bits output (using 8 instead) but it also happens. I am a bit clueless now on what it could be. Also last night when I was testing 8 bit, FSE flashed once showing windowed mode when I was watching a movie without touching anything.

I would like to know what alternative glitch hadling does, I have it unckecked.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask me.
I have done more tests. 90.13 using D3D11 8bit exclusive mode works almost perfect, the only problem I had was that once I paused the movie and then queues didn't fill and I got dropped frames, but pausing and playing again solved the problem with dropped frames but queues didn't fill anymore through the whole movie. In 90.14 and 90.15 I got problems, the movie just crash or black screen with D3D11 (8 or 10bit). I didn't test D3D9 modes.

I would like to attach whole madvr settings but I don't know how to do it.

Thanks in advance. I will stick to 90.13 for now.
fedpul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2016, 14:42   #36875  |  Link
starlight2

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlight2 View Post
hI, with use only madvr is the best gtx 690 (with 2 GPU) or GTX 970? Madvr use dual GPU in gtx 690?
Thanks
Help Me please? Thank you!
starlight2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2016, 14:56   #36876  |  Link
huhn

970 dual GPU doesn't really work.
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2016, 15:24   #36877  |  Link
Georgel
Visual Novel Dev.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baii View Post
You can always use the player to ask madvr for resolution much larger than you monitor resolution using some sort of scale function. Then use player to capture the frame.

Sent from my 306SH
Thanks!

That sounds great, and I knew how to do this before, but I am not sure how to do this using mpc-hc, or if mpc-hc permits me to do this.

To capture images, I have been using print screen function until now.

I have made quite a collection of wallpapers based on screenshots of different anime, taken with frame precision (Mpc-hc permits navigation from frame to the next frame, which is great to find perfect wallpapers within movies and anime!)
Georgel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2016, 18:20   #36878  |  Link
baii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgel View Post
Thanks!

That sounds great, and I knew how to do this before, but I am not sure how to do this using mpc-hc, or if mpc-hc permits me to do this.

To capture images, I have been using print screen function until now.

I have made quite a collection of wallpapers based on screenshots of different anime, taken with frame precision (Mpc-hc permits navigation from frame to the next frame, which is great to find perfect wallpapers within movies and anime!)
potplayer have a option to save screen frame, mpc-hc seem to only capture source? frame.
baii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2016, 18:23   #36879  |  Link
fedpul

Hi, I would like to know if anyone else is having problems with the latest version of madvr. It seems that I am the only one reporting black screens with this release. As you can read I have done a lot of tests. I am using latest stable releases of MPC-HC, Lav filters, xysubfilter and Reclock.
fedpul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2016, 20:13   #36880  |  Link
bluechris

I have black screens also but only when i upscale 3d mkv to 4k top bottom. I rolled back to 90.12 and im ok now
bluechris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
direct compute, dithering, error diffusion, madvr, ngu, nnedi3, quality, renderer, scaling, uhd upscaling, upsampling