Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10th November 2009, 16:59   #2321  |  Link
rack04

It could be the special characters in the file name.
Old 10th November 2009, 17:01   #2322  |  Link
salatoimikud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector.Gadget View Post
Do you get the same error when using ONLY MPEG2Source("G:\encode3\skyla_-_ayo_technology.d2v") ?
I found problem. I installed avisynth again and now works
Old 13th November 2009, 13:05   #2323  |  Link
rudiev

Hi all. I'm new here and using me gui for about 1,5 month now. I like the program, very easy to use. But I made a clean installation with windows 7 x64(from vista x64). I installed the latest avisynth, me gui, k-lite coedec pack(5.4.4). I updated megui with the auto-update function.
The first problem I got was when i wanted to convert a h.264 blu-ray rip to a .mkv file. I used the dxva-hd-insane profile and adjusted the bitrate to 12100 kbs, no other changed to this profile. I got the first error saying it couldn't use the " --rc-lookahead 40" option . Never had this before with the original x264.exe, but I downloaded the newest x264.exe from x264.nl and replaced it. It worked, which before on my old vista installation wouldn't work. The other side was that the encoding now took a lot more time(10 hours for the first step on a intel E8200 @ 3.2 GHz), and i got a large mbtree file, while the option in the profile stated " --no-mbtree". Ok, it encoded, and even the colors of the .mkv file look more like the original blu-ray then before with the other 'olde' version of x264.exe.
An other problem is when I try to open a blu-ray rip which is encoded with WVC1 or the older MPG2 with the AVS script creator. I got the error "Avisynth script error: DirectShowSource: Timeout waiting for graph to start.".
If I remember good I also had problems opening WVC1 sources on the old installation with vista.

At K-Lite codec pack I ran the program "Preferred DirectShow Filter Tweakers for Windows 7" to change some 32-bit directshow filters from microsoft to ffdshow, but no result.

I have a other machine running windows 2003 server x64 with megui, k-lite 5.2, avisynth. And tried to openen the WVC1 and MPG2 sources but on this machine I don't got any problems.
So are there other people having problems with Windows 7? Or are there some known problems with windows 7(x64)?

Kind regards,
Old 13th November 2009, 16:22   #2324  |  Link
Frank_UK

I have noticed that MEGUI has not updated for ages. The update site is still hosting v1051
It used to update a couple of times aweek.
Old 13th November 2009, 17:56   #2325  |  Link
rudiev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_UK View Post
I have noticed that MEGUI has not updated for ages. The update site is still hosting v1051
It used to update a couple of times aweek.
You can download v1056 and after installation you can use the megui updater to update.

Maybe the author doesn't have that much time to keep it updated as frequently as before. As long as he/she will update it once in a while i'm happy
Old 17th November 2009, 14:31   #2326  |  Link
rudiev

I'm a little bit further with one problem, encoding orginal blu-ray with WVC1 to x264. I used the program GraphStudio, http://blog.monogram.sk/janos/tools/...m-graphstudio/ , to see the links that are used to render the video. On my Windows 7 x64 machine the WVC1 blu-ray is rendered thru the 'WMVideo Decoder DMO', while on my Windows 2003 x64 is is rendered thru 'ffdshow Video Decoder'. I think here's the problem why Avisynth isn't able to open the WVC1 source. Anyone have idea's to change this of have a solution for this? It isn't possible in the Win7DSFilterTweaker where i can only choose Microsoft..
Old 17th November 2009, 23:33   #2327  |  Link
Redsandro
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudiev View Post
You can download v1056 and after installation you can use the megui updater to update.
Multiple people on the forum say that, but for me it doesn't work.

Especially check the core current and update version: (image attachment pending approval)
Attached Images

Old 18th November 2009, 12:10   #2328  |  Link
rudiev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsandro View Post
Multiple people on the forum say that, but for me it doesn't work.

Especially check the core current and update version: (image attachment pending approval)
Then there should be a problem with your connection, just tested the download and it worked.
Site: http://www.sf.net/projects/megui
Direct link: http://downloads.sourceforge.net/pro...se_mirror=garr
Mirror: http://sourceforge.net/settings/mirr...1056-setup.exe
Else send me a private message with your email and i can email it to you if you want.

Edit: at another megui thread i red that people are using v1057, don't know where to get that one, gonna ask them, post it here later.
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=105920&page=251

Last edited by rudiev; 18th November 2009 at 12:17.
Old 18th November 2009, 12:47   #2329  |  Link
Redsandro
Unregistered User

Thanks, that's indeed the one I found and am using.
I don't know why the image isn't approved yet so I guess you cannot see it, but it sais in the update dialog:
Core Existing Version: 0.3.1.10.56
Core Latest Version: 0.3.1.10.51

So if I update, I am back to the 'broken' version, even though this one seems to have the same problem.

If I remove settings.xml and autoupdate.xml, it sais nothing for Existing Version, but after update it is back to the way it is now.

So I don't have a connection problem and I've downloaded the new version just fine, but there's simply no change in the dead updates. It's like the 'bad update server' is hardcoded in the registry and I cannot find it.

-edit-

I cannot find that .57 either, maybe some internal test build?
Old 18th November 2009, 14:29   #2330  |  Link
rudiev

@Redsandro
I now see that i have the same:
Core Existing Version: 0.3.1.10.56
Core Latest Version: 0.3.1.10.51
I assume it is a bug, cause it also sais:
There is 0 file that can be updated.
So i again assume that it's alright.
But when i downloaded v1056 and ran the updater there where, if i remember good, 42 updates to update, and it did so without any problems.

In the other thread where i asked for version v1057 the anwser was that v1057 is a development version, so that why i wont update, unless you configure the updater to use development version, but remember these could be unstable and could have problems.
You can change to development and add extra update servers in the AutoUpdateServerConfigWindows:
Options -> Settings (or CTRL+S) -> tab Extra Config -> button Configure Servers.
You can add new updates servers and if you change the drop down box 'Auto-update server' to development you can update, if you want, to the development and maybe unstable version 1057. For me there are 'There are 15 files that can be updated.'.
Old 18th November 2009, 14:41   #2331  |  Link
Redsandro
Unregistered User

Thanks for the explanation. I also had many updates the first time but I noticed they all update to the same versions I already have for a few months now.

I prefer not to use unstable releases, but if I cannot find a fix soon I think I will try .57.
Old 19th November 2009, 15:26   #2332  |  Link
rudiev

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudiev View Post
I'm a little bit further with one problem, encoding orginal blu-ray with WVC1 to x264. I used the program GraphStudio, http://blog.monogram.sk/janos/tools/...m-graphstudio/ , to see the links that are used to render the video. On my Windows 7 x64 machine the WVC1 blu-ray is rendered thru the 'WMVideo Decoder DMO', while on my Windows 2003 x64 is is rendered thru 'ffdshow Video Decoder'. I think here's the problem why Avisynth isn't able to open the WVC1 source. Anyone have idea's to change this of have a solution for this? It isn't possible in the Win7DSFilterTweaker where i can only choose Microsoft..
I found the solution:
This should be the solution, worked with me:
1. Enable vc-1 in ffdshow. You can do this by starting the ffdshow video decoder configuration: startmenu -> programs -> k-lite codec pack -> configuration -> ffdshow video decoder configuration -> codecs -> scroll down to format VC-1 -> click on disable(or other decoder) and change it to libavcodec.
2. Run the Win7DSFilterTweakers. Startmenu -> programs -> k-lite codec pack -> tools -> Win7DSFilterTweakers -> scroll down 32-bit directshow filters to 'set as default VC-1decoder' and select ffdshow.
3. Change splitter for .m2ts files. Startmenu -> programs -> k-lite codec pack -> configuration -> manage preferred source filters -> scroll to .m2ts files and choose Haali.
4. Restart megui and it should be working, else reboot pc.
Enjoy!
Old 21st November 2009, 12:10   #2333  |  Link
Emulgator
Big Bit Savings Now !

Despite the issues I'd like to play around a bit with MeGUI 1057 and newer x264 versions.
Since 1057 seems to have been withdrawn from kurtnoise's server and sourceforge's as well
I kindly ask if somebody could share a 1057 link or the 1057 file.
Old 22nd November 2009, 02:43   #2334  |  Link
userix

Quote:
Originally Posted by userix View Post
Thanks for your replies.

I apologize for not being specific in my initial post. The file I am encoding is from one of my anime DVDs. It's not that the whole encode is crappier, only the beginning of the episode, which starts with a static scene, and then cuts to another static scene. On the Q6600 encodes, those 2 static scenes seem blockier (noisier) when compared to the old Dell encode. The rest of the encode, including future static scenes, seem fine afterwards. What gets me is why are the aforementioned static scenes encoded on my Q6600 blockier than those of my old Dell encode?

I have attached screenshots taken using MPC of the two static scenes I am talking about. The noise in the first scene is subtle, but you can clearly see the difference between the 2nd static scene. Of course, when watching it in full screen, the differences stand out much more.

In addition, when I encode the video using 2-pass xvid encoder with same bitrate on the Q6600, the 2 static scenes are the same quality as the Dell encode. It seems only when I use x264 encoder on my Q6600, I get crappier results. Boggles the mind.

I'm pretty sure. I downloaded the same stable version to both computers, then proceeded to update it to the newest files available at the same time. Therefore, the profiles I downloaded through the update module are the same. I double check the command line arguments being fed and they are identical on both machines.

I haven't looked at the logs specifically, but I figure if I create the d2v and avs script files in the same exact manner on both machines, I should get the same results, right? Bitrates are set the same for both comps. The size of the video encodes aren't exactly the same, but it's only off by 200k-300k. I have CCCP codec pack installed on both comps and use MPC to playback the files. I am not sure what you mean by using the decoder for encoding. MEGUI uses the x264.exe file it gets from the update, which is located in the MEGUI tools folder.

I can rule out the decoding issue for playback, because I took the old Dell encoded file and played it on my Q6600 and it looks great, just like on my Dell. I played the Q6600 encoded video on the Q6600 and the old dell and it looks the same: blockier static screens at the beginning of the video.
Sorry for raising the dead, but does anyone know why this happens? I am still trying to figure this out after all these months. Hit the view button by my name to see the screenshots I am referring to.
Old 25th November 2009, 23:48   #2335  |  Link
Djon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emulgator View Post
Despite the issues I'd like to play around a bit with MeGUI 1057 and newer x264 versions.
Since 1057 seems to have been withdrawn from kurtnoise's server and sourceforge's as well
Option -> Settings -> Extra config, Auto Update -> Configure servers -> Auto-update servers: Development
And of course after that, Options -> Update
Old 26th November 2009, 05:54   #2336  |  Link
mozzle

This has reached a new level as far as "inmates running the the asylum" goes. But yeah, people,, let's own this!!!

Last edited by Guest; 27th November 2009 at 04:25. Reason: 4
Old 27th November 2009, 04:23   #2337  |  Link
magic144

personally, I'd like to see the return of Kurtnoise and/or Sharktooth and the returning of this ship to the capable hands of its ex-captains!
it is a real shame that this very good proj is going a little stale in this apparent vacuum

*EDIT*
having said that,
I tried 1057 out for the first time last night (properly) and all was A-OK still (using my own tailored profile).
I manually uprev'd x264 to its newest version - if anything, it is significantly faster now thanks to x264 recent improvements

Last edited by magic144; 30th November 2009 at 22:31.
Old 30th November 2009, 13:46   #2338  |  Link
Emulgator
Big Bit Savings Now !

Quote:
Option -> Settings -> Extra config, Auto Update -> Configure servers -> Auto-update servers: Development
And of course after that, Options -> Update
Thanks, Djon !
Old 3rd December 2009, 06:20   #2339  |  Link
sfk

pls help me

i m rip Audio VBR with MeGUI Modern Media Encoder ther give me error

pl help me what to do .........

see in following pics

Old 3rd December 2009, 06:23   #2340  |  Link
Inspector.Gadget

Post the actual log as well as a MediaInfo "Text" report about your source file.
Closed Thread